Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, every time I go back to the home page, I have an alert from this thread. I'm just a) laughing (loling?) and b) being happy since this is the most alerts I've ever gotten. Also, reddit is clearly a trustworthy source. I mean, every gym leader must have a mega, even if Roxanne's highest leveled mon was lv 15. And they were both first form pokemon. Still mega-geodude would be pretty epic.

Right now, every time I go back to the home page, I have an alert from this thread. I'm just a) laughing (loling?) and b) being happy since this is the most alerts I've ever gotten. Also, reddit is clearly a trustworthy source. I mean, every gym leader must have a mega, even if Roxanne's highest leveled mon was lv 15. And they were both first form pokemon. Still mega-geodude would be pretty epic.
I bet they are gonna give Roxanne a mega Tyranitar the first time you meet her. In all seriousness though it could be partially true that if you can rebattle gyms post game then maybe they will have 5 Pokemon with one mega evolution.

Last edited:
I'm actually kind of disappointed that Sableye gets a mega this gen, because now it can never have a regular evolution, and hence it'll never be able to use an Eviolite. But who knows, maybe it's mega will be surprisingly useful. (knowing Gamefreak though, they'll probably just raise up its attack and keep it with low speed in a futile attempt to make it into an attacker).

Mega sableye is going to be good. It is either going to have a great ability like wonderguard or really crazy defensive stats coupled with its already good typing. And a really good point about sableye is that it has potential to be a very viable mega thanks to reliable recovery in recover.

It can come in as prankster wow knock off and ega evolve into a defensive beast. Bring on the jewels!

Has anybody else noticed that the new megas that we really didnt know about before (diancie and sableye) are all about stones, gems and jewels?

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mega sableye is going to be good. It is either going to have a great ability like wonderguard or really crazy defensive stats coupled with its already good typing. And a really good point about sableye is that it has potential to be a very viable mega thanks to reliable recovery in recover.

It can come in as prankster wow knock off and ega evolve into a defensive beast. Bring on the jewels!

Has anybody else noticed that the new megas that we really didnt know about before (diancie and sableye) are all about stones, gems and jewels?
I doubt Mega Sableye is going to have wonder guard, they aren't going to make the game like a hackmons match.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm actually kind of disappointed that Sableye gets a mega this gen, because now it can never have a regular evolution, and hence it'll never be able to use an Eviolite. But who knows, maybe it's mega will be surprisingly useful. (knowing Gamefreak though, they'll probably just raise up its attack and keep it with low speed in a futile attempt to make it into an attacker).
Mega Sableye actually has an official description about it that's been posted on Serebii. The description as shown is this:

It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!

this at least heavily implies that Mega Sableye will be a defensive mega Pokemon just like say Mega Aggron and Mega Venusaur, and giving its typing and movepool its pretty much the perfect kind of mega for him. I'd be really really surprised if Gamefreak gave Sableye a useless offensive mega, especially given that it seems they made at least some effort to make sure all megas were actually viable/at least have a niche.

As i mentioned earlier in the thread, given Sableye is a counterpart to Mawile, and Mega Mawile got one of the biggest offensive buffs out of all the megas thanks to Huge Power, i fully expect Sableye to get a buff of a similar level defensively. Looking at the description and what happened to Mawile i'd say that the most likely opinion imo is an ability similar to Fur Coat (halves physical damage). Adding abilities midgen would be something completely new to Gamefreak though so idk :/. If i'm actually right about this it'd definitely give a reason for Mega Sableye to be used over regular Sableye at least, especially since in theory it could pull a Gyarados and choose to either go regular or mega eye depending on the specific situation (keep priority on Wisp/Recover when needed, then when you need the extra bulk/possible power just go mega eye).

Oh also, keeping Prankster seems unlikely to me, if not only because Meganette already has the "ghost-type mega with prankster" thing covered.

I doubt Mega Sableye is going to have wonder guard, they aren't going to make the game like a hackmons match.
Gamefreak doesnt care about hackmons and the description on serebii says tbat its jewel is so tough that the strongest of attacks cant even scratch it and it says mega eye hinds behind it. So, an almost inpenetrable jewel that he hides behind would lead us to believe that sableye is going to be very tough to break down, which means a huge buff to defenses and/or a great ability like wonderguard where only se attacks hit it.plus its not like gamefreak creates pokes so powerful that even they realize they made it too powerful cough *mega khan* cough lol

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Keep in mind that M-Sableye's type and ability are currently not revealed, unlike Swampert and Sceptile. Why the secrecy if not for something big?
That giant gem screams "rock type" so Wonder Guard suddenly doesn't seem that broken if it ends up on a rock/ghost or rock/dark type (6 and 7 extremely common weaknesses, respectively).
Also, Sableye learns Power Gem via level up.

Last edited:
I wouldn't rule out wonder guard and a rock/ghost mega Sableye just yet, but I don't really see it happening. Also, losing prankster and getting something useful like bullet proof (even thougj nothing can be better than prankster barring wonder guard) could be a step up for mega Sableye, since it allows for some mind games. Like: should I go for Shadow Ball or just use another move in case Sableye mega evolves? A pokemon can only benefit from being unpredictable, like intimidate Salamence that could be running a physical or a special set or Charizard that may keep its ground immunity upon mega evolving or lose its electric one.

And, unless I got something wrong, because of the way the attacking order is calculated, mega Sableye would be able to use a priority non-attacking move the turn it mega evolves. It's kind of the opposite of what happens with mega Banette, which is unable to take advantage of prankster the turn it mega evolves.

Last edited:
So Sablye has been playing too much Zelda and merged with a huge rupee.

And that is enough for it to get Wonder Guard? I think not.

Now that I think about it, Bulletproof would be a really legitimate ability to give to Mega Sableye. It's an existing ability that was released recently, and it fits very well with Sableye's flavour - Game Freak may be interested in giving the ability some more coverage. The gem shield is described as being very hard (capable of stopping bullets!) and would very easily make Sableye completely immune to attacks like Bullet Seed and Shadow Ball.

(Also, it would make Sableye a hard stop to practically every special-attacking Ghost in the game, especially Aegislash, as it soaks up their nuke STAB and can hit back hard. read: Foul Play and Knock Off.)
bulletproof mega sableye would be really nice. i don't have much experience with bulletproof, but it really messes up gengar (and most special psychics without a fairy move) so i'm all for it.

I just remember it having the same fist icon in it's battle animation that the elemental punches did. What a shame, on both counts.
even if iron fist boosted needle arm, it wouldn't be as powerful as seed bomb. i think cacturne might prefer technician, for needle arm + faint attack (though it still faces competition from sucker punch and knock off) and bonus hidden power for mix/special sets. but it still wouldn't be as good as water absorb imo.

Well they gave M.Mawile Hugh Power; so giving M.Sableye an equally stupid ability like Wonder Guard actually seems likely to me.
huge power is ridiculous, but it's not quite on the same level as wonder guard, unless sableye changes type.

Serebii just posted an official video where it shows team aqua and magma grunts and says there will be "different tales" according to the version played. Is that implying some version exclusive storyline changes or will team aqua/magma be the same in each version just with slightly altered text, colors and legendary pokemon like they were in the original games?

Keep in mind that M-Sableye's type and ability are currently not revealed, unlike Swampert and Sceptile. Why the secrecy if not for something big?.
Or they could have just... not mentioned it. Not necessarily secret. Remember, they didn't reveal the abilities and types of Mega Swampert and Sceptile in their E3 video either.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just saw the latest trailer that showcases the mega starters as well as mega Diancie. I didn't really get why they had Blaziken use Brave Bird (instead of literally any fire move) on Sceptile, and then it looked like Swampert used Hammer Arm or some other fist move (instead of literally any water move) on Blaziken. I mean these are the elemental starter Pokemon but they don't even show off their elemental powers... At least Sceptile got to shoot off it's tail at Swampert

I really think it's safe to say that Groudon and Kyogre are getting signature moves though. Those pillars coming from the ground to strike Blaziken is like no other move I've seen at least, not to mention whatever Kyogre is doing (the screen is pretty dark and there is a green-ish coloured ring around it?).

Hands down best part of the trailer though was Brendan and May stopping to see the Beautifly flying passed!!

(Also Diancie is being distributed in XY but the mega stone is in ORAS)

So we are having quite a WHOLE LOT OF TALK about the megas. Good Game for you ladies and gents.

Just for a quick change, one thing that I hope for this version is that to GRADUALLY INCREASE the amount of double battles after defeating the second gym. Let's pull up a Pokémon Coliseum in this remake. If VGC battles are always doubles, why not increase the promotion of playing double battles over single battles in this remake? This is the generation that introduced the doubles mechanic. Right? For those who disagree with this plausible idea, tell me why double battling 70% of the whole game is not good

All Megas up to this point have a fairly drastic change one way or another for some sort of niche. Just throwing stats at Sableye isn't going to do anything significant in its current incarnation. The ability would certainly be one way to do it.

Like a user mentioned earlier, Wonder Guard isn't entirely out of the question if a typing change is involved, which Rock type seems a pretty safe bet if Diancie is anything to go by. Dark/Rock or Rock/Ghost, pick your poison.

I could easily see them doing some sort of whacko spread like 50/165/35/155/25/50 to make the instances it does get hit, pretty much a K.O, all while being a sort of Aegislash behind the comfy "shield" of Wonder Guard. Reducing the defenses may not make sense at a glance, but keep in mind this guy seems awfully keen on hiding behind that giant rupee for whatever reason.

Even then, with all of the Mold Breaker going around lately, I just don't see why this is a big deal as it's being made out to be. I agree that it would be an issue if the type stayed the same, which correct me if I'm wrong, there's no confirmation of it being so.

Anyway, that's just how I'd go about with it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)