Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake. It's kind of small next to the Mega Rings I didn't realize that's what it was.....

...whelp then I don't have any good counter arguments. I'm convinced, for now, that Phoebe probably doesn't have a Mega.

My mistake. It's kind of small next to the Mega Rings I didn't realize that's what it was.....

...whelp then I don't have any good counter arguments. I'm convinced, for now, that Phoebe probably doesn't have a Mega.
Good. Because the E4 has no business on having Megas, unless they are Steven's soldiers which are given Mega Stones as if they were weapons or something, and that would be creepy

Why are people so fearful of more pokemon getting megas? It's likely going to happen. As long as you can only have one on your team, it's not bad imo.
I agree, I think more Megas adds diversity and enhances the enjoyment of the game. Yeah you may be able to stomp through some NPC's but who doesn't enjoy a good thrashing?

R/S were the only games I've ever done contests in, I hope they pay homage to the origin of Pokemon contests but these newly released Pikachu costumes are throwing a curve ball to me that's for sure.

Why are people so fearful of more pokemon getting megas? It's likely going to happen. As long as you can only have one on your team, it's not bad imo.
It's more for the overwhelming of us only one game release after their introduction. Don't want to over do it.

I doubt that the Elite Four will have Megas outside of Steven. I think X and Y showed us this, though I've been wrong before (as when I said that Generation V would be Black, White, Gray, MagmaRuby, and AquaSapphire).

I'm looking forward to the dress up feature (I did enjoy it in Unova, even though the musicals weren't that great). Does anyone else think that Doctor Pikachu looks like Doctor Insano (I mean, white lab coat and spiral eyewear!). They should've made Doctor Pikachu look more like my avatar, though. That would have been cool, just like bow-ties.

I agree, I think more Megas adds diversity and enhances the enjoyment of the game. Yeah you may be able to stomp through some NPC's but who doesn't enjoy a good thrashing?

R/S were the only games I've ever done contests in, I hope they pay homage to the origin of Pokemon contests but these newly released Pikachu costumes are throwing a curve ball to me that's for sure.
Well, the costumes are in the themes of the contests i.e. Beauty, Smart, Cute, Tough, etc. Maybe it could be a mixture of both? I hope pokemon moves are a factor. I didn't like Pokemon Musicals where it was just autopilot until it is over.

Well, the costumes are in the themes of the contests i.e. Beauty, Smart, Cute, Tough, etc. Maybe it could be a mixture of both? I hope pokemon moves are a factor. I didn't like Pokemon Musicals where it was just autopilot until it is over.
So basically, depending on the theme you choose to compete in, your Pokemon will have a different assortment of costumes to choose from? Call me old fashioned but I miss the importance of the moves you used not the costume you chose lol, it kind of weens me off.

The games seem to be showing more elements of Ruby and Sapphire as opposed to Emerald, here's to hoping the Battle Frontier comes back, that was my favorite time killer.

So basically, depending on the theme you choose to compete in, your Pokemon will have a different assortment of costumes to choose from? Call me old fashioned but I miss the importance of the moves you used not the costume you chose lol, it kind of weens me off.

The games seem to be showing more elements of Ruby and Sapphire as opposed to Emerald, here's to hoping the Battle Frontier comes back, that was my favorite time killer.
So far, the only known difference between ORAS and Emerald (besides anything brand new) is the fact that Steven is the Champion and the respective Teams will be villains instead of both. We do not know yet what elements from Emerald will be return. I do hope (and I do think) that the Frontier returns (especially since that I don't have Emerald, so I've yet to experience that Frontier).

Good. Because the E4 has no business on having Megas, unless they are Steven's soldiers which are given Mega Stones as if they were weapons or something, and that would be creepy
A callback to the Yellow Manga, perhaps? Do it GF (or whoever does the Manga), do it! Make it so that Steven only helped to stop the destruction of Hoenn because he wanted to do it himself! And No Celebi This Time!

Speaking of, and I know that this is completely unrelated to the games, but could the return to Hoenn indicate the return of Red?

Anyway, the Battle Frontier. I dearly hope that it will return...and who doesn't? It makes sense that ORAS would retain more of the elements of Ruby and Sapphire, as RS were meant to be divided; remaking a dual version of Emerald kind of defeats the original premise. At the same time, there are points in Emerald that could be incorporated, much the way elements from Crystal were incorporated into HGSS, including the Battle Frontier especially. I'm probably preaching to the choir here, though.

What I would like to see, is for them to realistically split off the plots, while retaining a canonical history. Ruby and Sapphire, although they were meant to be divided, were basically the same regardless, the main difference being the color of the enemies' and the allies' cloths. What I would like to see, is for them to incorporate plot elements from Emerald, while retaining Ruby and Sapphire's individually. Only open the Lilycove base in AS, but open the Mt. Chimney base in OR. Have Aqua take the Weather Institute and Magma the Space Station. Things like that. Things with a precedence that give some different feeling to the plots. It probably won't happen, but I would like to see Magma stay under Mt. Chimney, at the very least.

So far, the only known difference between ORAS and Emerald (besides anything brand new) is the fact that Steven is the Champion and the respective Teams will be villains instead of both. We do not know yet what elements from Emerald will be return. I do hope (and I do think) that the Frontier returns (especially since that I don't have Emerald, so I've yet to experience that Frontier).
That, and Magneton appears to be Wattson's main instead of Manectric.

Thanks for laying it out. I suppose we can just look forward to where Gamefreak will take these games respective plots. And also - you missed a great frontier in my opinion!

i love how they didn't change Phoebe's outfit, it was perfect as it is.

Gotta say loving Brawly's redesign the most, with Roxanne coming in second.

Really digging MegaGross. As others have pointed out, Tough Claws seems like the most likely candidate for a new ability. Which combines nicely with Clear Body for a switch in without fearing Intimidate and Sticky Web. Levitate seems plausible, but Beldum and Metang were already shown floating without it.

As far as stats, a large Attack increase seems inevitable. An increase in defenses also seem likely, and a small boost in speed would be possible, even a small boost like Tyranitar's +10 would be helpful.

Metagross's typing has its uses, but some added bulk would help it against the common weaknesses he has. His physical move pool is pretty diverse, Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Pursuit etc. Steel has decent neutral coverage, and is definitely an under prepared for type, since its only really useful with STAB.

So, I'm glad that it's been noted so far that Phoebe was perfect from the beginning and didn't need a redesign, Sydney apparently has a mega ring (and looks better with more colors in his outfit, honestly), Flannery is hawt, the other gym leaders look great, and the new hoenn pokedex is extra desirable, being the first mono-screen pokedex in several years (wonderful throwback).

What is the deal though, with this Pikachu wearing all different types of drag. It seems that they're all the same female Pikachu with a black-tipped tail (do I detect a nod to the notch-eared Pichu method of making a specimen stand out among its species?)...and she's involved with the new Pokemon contests...but what other Pokemon are going to get to dress up to that level of detail? I could appreciate the gimmick better if they showed us other Pokemon wearing full-fledged costumes, but looking at it, it seems highly unlikely that we'll see anything besides a small list of different accessories...but if we can dress up Pokemon for contest shows again (to any extent), the 3D interface for doing so must be truly outrageous.

Madame Pikachu is a Hoenn Lady who didn't get the memo about green dresses.
Hard Rock Pikachu is Pikachu wearing a Yveltal themed getup (I see that puffy grey collar, girl, don't be tryin' ta upstage me)...with lightning bolts!
Idol Pikachu is a rejected Precure fairy concept
I like how Doctor Pikachu looks like this classic 90's nerd stereotype. Bad hairdo swirly-glasses, cheesy technobabble-filled one liners. The whole enchilada with that one.
And Masked Pikachu...thank god Crasher Wake and Hawlucha are there to make luchadors/masked wrestlers a relevant thing to the world of Pokemon.

EDIT-I'm willing to be that this pikachu they're showing off in corocoro is going to be a downloadable giveaway to help reintroduce contests as a distraction from the main game. Like a barbie pikachu with her own little wardrobe.

Last edited:
Reactions: PME
It seems that they're all the same female Pikachu with a black-tipped tail (do I detect a nod to the notch-eared Pichu method of making a specimen stand out among its species?)
Actually, that... makes a lot of sense. This probably is an event Pikachu, considering all pictures show it with the same gender and black-tipped tail. It would also explain why it gets all these dresses and models when obviously no other Pokémon will.

...and the new hoenn pokedex is extra desirable, being the first mono-screen pokedex in several years (wonderful throwback).
The Kalos Dex is (design wise) mono-screen.

I honestly dislike the new Hoenn Dex design. While other Pokédexes have has similarities to the system it was released for, this is way too on the nose. It's an original Game Boy Advance with the D-Pad replaced with the round thing* from the original Hoenn Dex.

*Must resist Doctor Who quote...

What if Phoebe's Mega Ring is the pink brace that should be on her right leg? In the artwork, it is hidden by her sarong.

Shiftry and Dusknoir for megas?

Hopefully, but that is a far guess.

That Flygon Secret Base guy, Aarune, seems suspicious to me. Why would they point out the fact that he battles you with only his famous Flygon? It just doesn't seem right. On another note, secret bases look amazing.

I noticed in one Secret Base picture, there was A Venusaur Doll, Charizard Doll, Blastoise Doll, and a Snorlax Doll. They were all only available in the Emerald Battle Frontier gift shop... Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)