Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If anyone has a speed boost female carvanha or sharpedo they are willing to trade for, please let me know. Last pokemon needed to round out my team. Thanks.
Hi Blacksen! For requests like this, you can check the WiFi Simple Requests Thread. This Forum (Orange Islands) does not deal with trades / battles

Anyway, I have Speed Boost Carvanha in my PC if you need one, they're modest though (for a surprise special set), let me know if you're interested :)

How do I get a porygon z with trick room?
I think you teach it Trick Room as a Porygon/2
And since Trick Room is a TM...
Edit: I dont know why you would have a PoryZ with Trick Room. Considering its reasonable speed. ButI this you could teach it TR as a PoryZ too ^_^

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's better to just use the TM for it really, if you are playing in Gen 5 or 6 where you can use them infinitely. Save your Heart Scales for something more exclusive D:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How do I get a porygon z with trick room?
Like said earlier it can be relearned in Dendemille Town for a Heart Scale (can easily be farmed by catching or stealing off Luvdisc), or by using the Trick Room TM which is given to you in Courmarine City by the daily TM girl, she is located on the ocean side so if you fly there you will need to catch the monorail and answer her quiz correctly. If she doesn't give you it you will have to wait until the next day to try again, she has 4 different TMs to give

Do I need the catchable legendaries from all the pokemon games to complete the national pokedex, such as palkia, giratina etc. I know I don't need the event legendaries to complete it, though.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Hi :) I have a rather in-depth question for Platinum, although it applies to more games I guess.
I still have to catch Cresselia on this game (relatively new file :p from a month or so before the release of XY), and I figured I'd try to get a good nature and good stats this time. Problem is, of course, that she's a roaming mon so simply SRing is a lot harder here (I already caught Cresselia on White 2 and I don't have a copy of Black 2, that would have been a lot easier).

Specifically, I need to know when Cresselia's stats are set (and any roaming pokemon's, for that matter). Are they set when triggering the event (i.e. on Fullmoon Island/for the birds when talking to Oak/for Latios in Emerald when telling your mom its colour, etc) or are they set when first encountering it in the wild? (Yes I have googled this, but the answers are conflicting and Bulbapedia doesn't mention anything.)
(I know Synchronising for the nature doesn't work on roaming mons, so trying for a good Cresselia may very well be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever had lol. Fortunately she's got like 5 viable natures and I don't really care which one I get. At least I'm not trying for a good Raikou in FRLG.)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi :) I have a rather in-depth question for Platinum, although it applies to more games I guess.
I still have to catch Cresselia on this game (relatively new file :p from a month or so before the release of XY), and I figured I'd try to get a good nature and good stats this time. Problem is, of course, that she's a roaming mon so simply SRing is a lot harder here (I already caught Cresselia on White 2 and I don't have a copy of Black 2, that would have been a lot easier).

Specifically, I need to know when Cresselia's stats are set (and any roaming pokemon's, for that matter). Are they set when triggering the event (i.e. on Fullmoon Island/for the birds when talking to Oak/for Latios in Emerald when telling your mom its colour, etc) or are they set when first encountering it in the wild? (Yes I have googled this, but the answers are conflicting and Bulbapedia doesn't mention anything.)
(I know Synchronising for the nature doesn't work on roaming mons, so trying for a good Cresselia may very well be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever had lol. Fortunately she's got like 5 viable natures and I don't really care which one I get. At least I'm not trying for a good Raikou in FRLG.)
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/capturing_plat_legendaries#cresselia
This suggests that stats are set when you press A to interact with Cresselia on Fullmoon Island.

So I'm now a Marchioness at the Battle Chateau and I have yet to receive an item from any of the trainers. Everything I've read online says that occasionally you'll receive an item after battle, but nothing yet... I've beaten the Elite 4, is there something else I need to do or just bad luck?

So I'm now a Marchioness at the Battle Chateau and I have yet to receive an item from any of the trainers. Everything I've read online says that occasionally you'll receive an item after battle, but nothing yet... I've beaten the Elite 4, is there something else I need to do or just bad luck?
Just bad luck. It's very rare, I usually never get them unless I've sent out a Writ of Invitation and the Chateau is flooded with trainers and even then, only about half a dozen times if I spend an entire day there.

Modest or Timid Nature for Starmie (purpose: Battle Mansion grinding, just plowing through the trainers there (mostly low levels))?

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
For Maison i would suggest timid but it sounds like you actually mean the Chateau (talking about low level mons), in that case it seriously doesn't matter. You can just be a higher level than them and just destroy them. For the sake of it I'll say modest because iirc NPC's don't invest EV's so you should always outspeed regardless, so go for power

I'd wrote Maison and I meant Maison. :P I don't need to breed Starmies for Chateau. But timid sounds good. Thank you.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
You wrote Mansion... That's why I thought you may have been confused with the names

How are the Pokemon in the Maison 'mostly low levels'? They're all set at level 50

For Maison grinding it's better to just use M-Lucario with CC/Aura Sphere/Flash Cannon/EQ. It sweeps pretty much everything and soloes Nita really easily for fast BP. You're even given it as a gift with a Hasty Nature and decent IVs.

For Maison grinding it's better to just use M-Lucario with CC/Aura Sphere/Flash Cannon/EQ. It sweeps pretty much everything and soloes Nita really easily for fast BP. You're even given it as a gift with a Hasty Nature and decent IVs.
How exactly does a Mega Lucario solo a trainer who has a Choice Scarf Landorus and a Tornadus with Focus Blast that isn't 1HKO'd by a 252+ Flash Cannon?

Or were you talking about regular Singles? Because I'd think using a Greninja/Garchomp/Mega Kangaskhan team (which I just made up on the spot) would be WAY faster for getting BP than playing the regular Single battles line, simply because of the greater BP earned after each battle. If you play them well, I'd think those three would be fairly reliable. You get 50 BP for beating Nita in Super Singles and 49 for a streak of 7; that's 99 BP for eight battles (#50-57), compared to 48 for 20 battles in the regular Singles line.

How exactly does a Mega Lucario solo a trainer who has a Choice Scarf Landorus and a Tornadus with Focus Blast that isn't 1HKO'd by a 252+ Flash Cannon?

Or were you talking about regular Singles? Because I'd think using a Greninja/Garchomp/Mega Kangaskhan team (which I just made up on the spot) would be WAY faster for getting BP than playing the regular Single battles line, simply because of the greater BP earned after each battle. If you play them well, I'd think those three would be fairly reliable. You get 50 BP for beating Nita in Super Singles and 49 for a streak of 7; that's 99 BP for eight battles (#50-57), compared to 48 for 20 battles in the regular Singles line.
BP farming is from regular singles, and it doesn't require you to have any mons bred or any items at all. Greninja/Garchomp/Mega Kangaskhan takes a lot of time and luck to set up, while your storyline Lucario gets you BP quickly. Sure, once you have your team you can get BP fast, but that requires you to get Life Orb, Choice Band, Choice Scarf, and whatever else you may need, bought with BP farmed from regular singles.

What Nature would you recommend on Lucario and Greninja? +Speed or +Attack/SpAtt? I am just asking because I want to know which nature I should get on my Guardevoire while chaining Dittos for that nature (4+ perfect IVs) :D

I am just thinking about the fastets way to grind BP. (and activating Mega-Item is time consuming but something I take in count if it helps me grind quicker that way.

Last edited:
What Nature would you recommend on Lucario and Greninja? +Speed or +Attack/SpAtt? I am just asking because I want to know which nature I should get on my Guardevoire while chaining Dittos for that nature (4+ perfect IVs) :D

I am just thinking about the fastets way to grind BP. (and activating Mega-Item is time consuming but something I take in count if it helps me grind quicker that way.
The gift Lucario from Korrina has a Hasty nature and perfect Speed IV (iirc), but a Mild, Rash, Lonely, or Naughty works too if you bother to breed. The gift Lucario is probably the easiest way.

Greninja is really meh imo, but maybe that's just me. For normal Singles you certainly want +SpA for it, Super you may want +Spe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)