Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed that all those Pikachus might represent the flavours of the Contest Halls. Could these outfits work as an alternative to the Scarf items? Or maybe they're just prizes in general?

The movepool expansion is definitely necessary, given that most Hoenn pokemon didn't exactly have a wide pool to choose from back then. Leaf Blade is great for Shiftry as a solid grass-type move; hopefully it gets something a little better than Faint attack for in-game.

Other things to note are that damn Torkoal still knows Overheat, and it looks like Norman's giveaway TM is either Retaliate (fuhhhhhhhh) or it is now in Slaking's level-up pool.

EDIT: Megagross has Tough Claws. We can stop speculating now. And for those worrying about Metagross's 4 weaknesses, they are the same four as Aegislash and it's doing just fine.

I hate to say it, but I don't think Flygon will be getting a mega evolution. Why promote it as Aurune's pokemon so heavily and NOT reveal its Mega if it were getting one? They are clearly all about shoving megas in our faces so the fact that they didn't do so for Flygon seems to indicate that it won't change.

Staying on topic, I'm still waiting for Mega Mightyena.
While Intimidate ---> possibly Fur Coat and higher stats could make Mightyena actually useful, it might end up being the main Mega for Archie/Maxie if not Crobat. Sharpedo and Camerupt seem way more likely, but who knows. We could get jinxed and have GF troll us hard. Not that I want them to. I think that Aqua and Magma will keep both Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo, but let's hope that Mightyena gets a Mega or at least something. That Pokémon needs some serious help.

SO! What about opinions on the new gyms?

Roxanne's turned into a Museum. Wow, how uplifting, haven't seen that before (Lenora). It does partially make sense, however. Roxanne is some kind of schoolgirl, and I guess it's easier if the class takes a museum field trip to the local gym instead of going out of town to Lilycove, Mossdeep, or wheresoever. And really, since her gym had no theme to begin with back in gen3, anything is welcome.
Though, how any girl can wear so few articles of clothing and still look so overdressed...-shudders-

Brawly's gym...is an actual gym! Like, he owns a 24-hour fitness and everything!! IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE, NEXT ONE

Wattson, Flannery and Norman all appear to have revamped versions of their original puzzles, and for that, I'm happy. Flannery's incomprehensible spaziness makes a BIG return, as well. Hot.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I like the design, but the way it moves in the trailer is just so clunky... I'd expect more fluid movement from something with such an aerodynamic design but the movement when it uses Meteor Mash is just weird, like it's pivoting on an axis. :/

I wonder how long Mega Metagross will be in OU until it's banned to Ubers? Probably not long.
WAAAAY too early to say anything like that. We have no idea what it's exact stat upgrades are.

I hate to say it, but I don't think Flygon will be getting a mega evolution. Why promote it as Aurune's pokemon so heavily and NOT reveal its Mega if it were getting one? They are clearly all about shoving megas in our faces so the fact that they didn't do so for Flygon seems to indicate that it won't change.
Why would anyone hate to say this? lol

If Pikachu DOES get a Mega, I'm going to hunt down every single person in GameFreak...
EDIT: It seriously better not be like cloned Megas. I'd die. Gamefreak needs to stop obsessing over Pikachu.
Pikachu is THE MASCOT of everythign Pokemon. I've been really suprised it hasn't gotten a Mega yet. I'm not a big fan of Pikachu myself but I think it deserves a little bit of obssesing over considering what it is.

Anyway, i was wondering if Pikachu's cosplays were gonna be purely a contest thing or "forms" used in battle as well. It looks like the later (since it maintains the "form" while in amie and therefore your party, presumably). I'm personally kind of hopping they act like pseudo-Rotom forms where each one gets an extra move because of the form. Wrestler Pikachu get's Flying Press. hahaha, it would be fun for the novelty.

SO! What about opinions on the new gyms?

Roxanne's turned into a Museum. Wow, how uplifting, haven't seen that before (Lenora). It does partially make sense, however. Roxanne is some kind of schoolgirl, and I guess it's easier if the class takes a museum field trip to the local gym instead of going out of town to Lilycove, Mossdeep, or wheresoever. And really, since her gym had no theme to begin with back in gen3, anything is welcome.
Though, how any girl can wear so few articles of clothing and still look so overdressed...-shudders-

Brawly's gym...is an actual gym! Like, he owns a 24-hour fitness and everything!! IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE, NEXT ONE

Wattson, Flannery and Norman all appear to have revamped versions of their original puzzles, and for that, I'm happy. Flannery's incomprehensible spaziness makes a BIG return, as well. Hot.
I didn't really get a museum feel in Roxanne's gym. Just some fossil pokemon designs etched into the wall but maybe I overlooked some details. Brawly's gym being an actual gym is pretty clever.

I'm curious about those forms too. Are they just for Pikachu (which I would think is weird, but they've only talked about Pikachu so far), or are they just showing off the various looks that Pokémon can have in contests?

I like the new gym designs, especially Roxanne's. I love the skeletons embedded in the wall. It'll definitely be interesting to see what the rest of the gyms look like.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm curious about those forms too. Are they just for Pikachu (which I would think is weird, but they've only talked about Pikachu so far), or are they just showing off the various looks that Pokémon can have in contests?

I like the new gym designs, especially Roxanne's. I love the skeletons embedded in the wall. It'll definitely be interesting to see what the rest of the gyms look like.
A Salamence wearing that Science Outfit would be so amazing.

I hope it's not just for Pikachu, but I doubt anything else will have access to those outfits due to the sheer number of models GF would have to make.

On the same note as some of the previous discussion about the work that goes into animating 700+ 3D models of Pokemon walking behind you I very much doubt anything but Pikachu is getting forms like this. Something "possible" but still less likely would be that accessories could be attached to one or two places on your Pokemon's 3D model. Like a little bow-tie or soemthing.

And like I already said. Pikachu is THE masscot, so it's not that weird that only it would get a little bit visual flavor. Amie is a feature meant to appeal to people who are into playing with Pokemon like Eevee and Pikachu and Buneary (i mean actual "playing", like with toys) and not people who want to battle with the more tough and strong looking things. I think these Pikachu costumes (shown off in Amie) are a nod towards Pokemon fans that belong to that crowd (since they all are big Pikachu fans usually)

I was just kind of hoping you could use them in battles for fun too :)

THANK GOD. SOMEBODY INTELLIGENT IN HERE. I absolutely HATE Zard Y and Dragonite fans! Without wanting to offend: Most are 10 year old idiots who don't look weaknesses, just because out of nostalgia they think something is better.

Gonna resume why Zard X is better than Dragonite and Zard Y:

-Dragonite
>Fears burns
>Weak to fairies
>Lower attack and speed
>It's one dimensional and relies on one set only
>Fat
>
Smogon says directly that Zard X is better
>Doesn't have a 4x times weakness to ice
-Zard Y-

>Not so one dimensional. Zard Y only uses one moveset and only spams fire blast.
>Not weak 4x to rock. Includes stealth rock.
>Zard X runs diverse sets that fill various roles in successful way
>Y looks like my little pony
>Smogon says directly that Zard X is better
can you please stop talking about Charizard? if you aren't posting about ORAS then please do us all a favor and leave. Thank you.

On topic, secret bases are going to be amazing! What do you think about them so far?

Charizard is technically in OR and AS xD

So yeah you can't really, make me leave, and of course that I wouldn't do it anyway.
This thread is meant more for discussing new content, rather than arguing about which already extant Pokemon are better than other extant ones, even if Charziard X is technically in the games.

I also think you might be getting a little too emotional about Charizard X. I can tell you like him a lot and that's cool, but rather than lashing out it would be the mature thing to not take it so personally when someone has a slightly different opinion then you about which Dragons they like.

I don't think it's necessary that you leave, but I think the majority of people here are more interested in other topics.

Pikachu is THE MASCOT of everythign Pokemon. I've been really suprised it hasn't gotten a Mega yet. I'm not a big fan of Pikachu myself but I think it deserves a little bit of obssesing over considering what it is.

Anyway, i was wondering if Pikachu's cosplays were gonna be purely a contest thing or "forms" used in battle as well. It looks like the later (since it maintains the "form" while in amie and therefore your party, presumably). I'm personally kind of hopping they act like pseudo-Rotom forms where each one gets an extra move because of the form. Wrestler Pikachu get's Flying Press. hahaha, it would be fun for the novelty.
This is it, though. Pikachu wouldn't get a mega for the exact reason that it's the big mascot. They wouldn't want to change its image to plug something like mega evolution, because then we're stuck with it. They can give it new costumes and interchangeable looks for something like a contest, because they can always do away with contests again in the next games. And we'll still have plain-old, adorable little Pikachu.

As far as seeing the different contest forms in Poke-amie, it probably means that Amie is getting fitted to display your Pokemon's contest stats on top of its usual functions (Amie could become a function on the Pokenav, even), and if we can add accessories to other Pokemon, you would go to Amie to select a new default wardrobe, or something similar.

THANK GOD. SOMEBODY INTELLIGENT IN HERE. I absolutely HATE Zard Y and Dragonite fans! Without wanting to offend: Most are 10 year old idiots who don't look weaknesses, just because out of nostalgia they think something is better.

Gonna resume why Zard X is better than Dragonite and Zard Y:

-Dragonite
>Fears burns
>Weak to fairies
>Lower attack and speed
>It's one dimensional and relies on one set only
>Fat
>
Smogon says directly that Zard X is better
>Doesn't have a 4x times weakness to ice
-Zard Y-

>Not so one dimensional. Zard Y only uses one moveset and only spams fire blast.
>Not weak 4x to rock. Includes stealth rock.
>Zard X runs diverse sets that fill various roles in successful way
>Y looks like my little pony
>Smogon says directly that Zard X is better
What the hell is this shit?
Don't lash out on other people for liking specific pokemons when you clearly have an obsession with Charizard x with an incredibly bratty attitude.

And when the hell did Charizard x outclass Charizard y? Dragon ite is arguably as a DD dragon sweeper but it has its merits over Charizard x.

I really didn't want to say anything more about Charizard x when this thread should be, at least for the moment, be about the new confirmed contents of the upcoming pokemon game. But you just would not shut up about Charizard x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)