Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Wait, what? How do you mean; can you elaborate on what that means and how you know this?
Every pokémon has its game of birth registered as a hex number, from 0 to 255. There's Ruby, Sapphire, Colosseum, Fire Red and so on, one number for each game already released.

PokéBank's first hack check (back when only Japan had it) was as good as your grand-grandmother's eyesight. So, people used it to send Kalos-born pokémon to XY. How did they do that? They simply... gave them numbers higher than the last ones used (which I think was used for BW2). IIRC, it was "0x10" for X and "0x1A" for Y. People then realized the Kalos pentagon meant nothing and was mere redundancy; it only means the pokémon is from XY (or hacked, so welp).

Weirdly enough, however, is that four other numbers after 1A also gave the pentagon. After them, there were no more pentagons, so people speculated they would be for the next remakes, possibly Hoenn, and for the third games, possibly ZX/ZY.

And. Well. You know. Hoenn confirmed.

Anyone else wondering what location gen 3 Hoenn Pokemon (as in the original RSE) will get in their summary page? Still "from a faraway place" or will it be Hoenn?
The location data has long, long been wiped (it was the moment you Pal Parked them), so I'm expecting something cute like "finally back home" instead.

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, they updated PokéBank server-side somewhere in January. Which is a shame, because I never managed to send a Boomburst Gardevoir from BW ;-;

(yeah, it was possible. the hack check 100% sucked.)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
VERY interesting that the next 4 numbers give pentagons though. Perhaps Zygarde won't be getting his new form in ORAS after all, but in the later games...
Well, given the trend established by... Crystal, I guess... it's well-expected that we'll see a "return to Kalos" game after ORAS, featuring Zygarde. I mean, the formula "A third game set in the same region as the base games, featuring the last member of the legendary trio we see on the base games' covers" has raked in hundreds of millions four times before. I doubt GameFreak will miss the chance to repeat the success, especially since the fans crave it so.

Besides, with all the "dead ends" in XY, it seems like Kalos was designed with a third game in mind from the get-go. I mean, look at the train station in Couriway Town or the Chamber of Emptiness for instance. These locations feel like they're made to feature something grand in an eventual remake.

Well, given the trend established by... Crystal, I guess... it's well-expected that we'll see a "return to Kalos" game after ORAS, featuring Zygarde. I mean, the formula "A third game set in the same region as the base games, featuring the last member of the legendary trio we see on the base games' covers" has raked in hundreds of millions four times before. I doubt GameFreak will miss the chance to repeat the success, especially since the fans crave it so.

Besides, with all the "dead ends" in XY, it seems like Kalos was designed with a third game in mind from the get-go. I mean, look at the train station in Couriway Town or the Chamber of Emptiness for instance. These locations feel like they're made to feature something grand in an eventual remake.
I'm personally expecting - and dearly hoping- for sequels like in Gen 5. Heck, the fact that there's -TWO- more games with the KB symbol to come pretty much all but confirms that for me.

First ever post on these forums happens to be in this thread! I've been lurking for many years but now I have to join in.

For secret base overlaps, I'm sure there'll be some kind of warning saying that if you want to show the new secret base, the old one in that location will have to be overwritten. And if you want the old one to show up again, you just have to use the QR code again or some other method.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but a few pages back there was a video posted with a Japanese trailer. In it, you can hear some music in the background. I wonder if that's the official music...

I'm personally expecting - and dearly hoping- for sequels like in Gen 5. Heck, the fact that there's -TWO- more games with the KB symbol to come pretty much all but confirms that for me.
It's a long shot, but keep in mind the Delta Emerald trademark. If Game Freak really does plan on making Delta Emerald, it could be the Pokémon Z equivalent along with Delta Emerald.

However, BW2 worked well for them last time and they have a history of making trademarks that they don't use iirc, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if double sequels were made.

True but the counter argument getting made pretty much every time we use trends to make assumptions is that they don't always stick to trends. Of course i don't know why they wouldn't stick to a trend that easily makes them more money. I was gonna say "HGSS came out after Platinum" but then I remembered Emerald came out after FireRed Leaf Green so there's no real trend ot follow there. But yeah I think the main way this relates to ORAS is we can assume that certain things like Zygarde forms, and some other events will still be gen VI things but not necessarily in ORAS. Which I was kind of assuming they would be before this, though not anymore.

True but the counter argument getting made pretty much every time we use trends to make assumptions is that they don't always stick to trends. Of course i don't know why they wouldn't stick to a trend that easily makes them more money. I was gonna say "HGSS came out after Platinum" but then I remembered Emerald came out after FireRed Leaf Green so there's no real trend ot follow there. But yeah I think the main way this relates to ORAS is we can assume that certain things like Zygarde forms, and some other events will still be gen VI things but not necessarily in ORAS. Which I was kind of assuming they would be before this, though not anymore.
And the fact that BW2 broke this trend in two.

I've been playing through an old copy of Sapphire atm in preparation for the remakes. I'm playing with Sableye, and while I was looking at it's movepool list on Bulbapedia because I'm a dirty cheater, I noticed that it's movepool has gotten mu(snip snip)
More than anything else, its the physical special split. That shit is why sinnoh is my favourite region ever. You can't even count the no of mons that were useless because of the wrong type/stat combo.

More than anything else, its the physical special split. That shit is why sinnoh is my favourite region ever. You can't even count the no of mons that were useless because of the wrong type/stat combo.
Tons of examples, but my personal favorite has always been Sceptiles high Special Attack for it's signature move Leaf Blade... which was special for one gen. Then gen IV decided Sceptile's signature move should be for it's lower attacking stat... lol

But yeah for the most part the fact that individual moves can be speical or physical will actually make a lot of Pokemon much easier to use well in these remakes. Even without considering the fact they all have movepools more than twice as big (I think they literally are more than twice as big)

EDIT: OK not quite double, but actually pretty close. I'm sure my counting wasn't spot on but it's approx 60 moves in Sableye's genIII move pool and approx 110 in it's genVI move pool.... of course the thing that really matters is it's level up moves. But again, pretty much everything has a better set of level up moves now-a-days too.

Last edited:
Tons of examples, but my personal favorite has always been Sceptiles high Special Attack for it's signature move Leaf Blade... which was special for one gen. Then gen IV decided Sceptile's signature move should be for it's lower attacking stat... lol

But yeah for the most part the fact that individual moves can be speical or physical will actually make a lot of Pokemon much easier to use well in these remakes. Even without considering the fact they all have movepools more than twice as big (I think they literally are more than twice as big)

EDIT: OK not quite double, but actually pretty close. I'm sure my counting wasn't spot on but it's approx 60 moves in Sableye's genIII move pool and approx 110 in it's genVI move pool.... of course the thing that really matters is it's level up moves. But again, pretty much everything has a better set of level up moves now-a-days too.
65 moves to 107 moves. Compared to some other mons though it's not really too much of a gain. Clefable went from 93 to 144 for example.

A lot of mons will be way better in-game in ORAS than in RSE. A part of this is movepool expansion and another part is infinite use TMs. I mean, take a look at the Oddish family's Gen III movepool.

Nearly everything will be better with phys/spec slit.

Lombre now has early Bubblebeam.
Shifty gets Leaf Blade.
Numel has Earth Power and Lava Plume by Lv 26.
If introduced at a good point in the game, Hoenn starters will have Water/Fire/Grass pledge instead of Ember/Water Gun/Absorb.

That's just a few examples. I'm sure there are a ton more.

Edit: Speaking of moves, what do you think the new gym leader TMs will be? Here's what I think.

Roxanne: Rock Tomb (improved acc woo)
Brawly: Bulk Up
Wattson: Charge Beam / Volt Switch
Flannery: Overheat
Norman: Retaliate
Winona: Aerial Ace / Acrobatics
Tate and Liza: Calm Mind
Wallace: Scald

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Nearly everything will be better with phys/spec slit.

Lombre now has early Bubblebeam.
Shifty gets Leaf Blade.
Numel has Earth Power and Lava Plume by Lv 26.
If introduced at a good point in the game, Hoenn starters will have Water/Fire/Grass pledge instead of Ember/Water Gun/Absorb.

That's just a few examples. I'm sure there are a ton more.
Azumarill getting physical STABs will be amazing, and if we get TM Bullet Seed, then Breloom will be a monster.

Hey there, first time on this thread.. I dont know if someone noticed already, but do you guys know why is Shiftry using Leaf Blade on the trailer? He doesnt get tht move...

Hey there, first time on this thread.. I dont know if someone noticed already, but do you guys know why is Shiftry using Leaf Blade on the trailer? He doesnt get tht move...
You've pretty much stumbled into the "Shiftry Supporters" Thread. We're all pretty hyped about it :D welcome though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)