Weird/Random Dreams you had

I once had this dream where I was jumping over massive walls with everything in a reddish hue and I kept seeing the face of what seemed to be the guy on cream of wheat (no joke) but the part that was strange was that whenever I fell down from my jumps I actually felt like I was falling down irl so my stomach dropped and it was really fucking scary.

Also I a dream where the fossil version of Kabutops started destroying the city and shit.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
i never have dreams :[

how do you guys induce them?
As Jumpluff stated, yeah you can't induce the dreams we have they just are as the title says on the thread Random/Weird, however you can induce dreams, its called Lucid dreaming theres some big youtube video, and tons of guides on the matter. I would never it though.

Read an article about how to dream recall, now i can tell you one of my dreams(had it just last night)

So I was at camp, and there were activity periods where you just went somewhere and stayed there till the next activity period

One of these activity periods, I don't remember what it was called, but I was something where you were in this room, and there were leather blocks(?) everywhere, and you had to try to find a 3DS, and the first person that got the 3DS was able to keep it

So obviously, I started throwing the blocks(?) everywhere, looking for the 3DS, then there's this weird sensation on my legs

I look down, and wtf, I find I'm wearing solid blue stockings that go all the way up my legs

I was puzzled, but I kept looking for the 3DS because I cared more about that than the fact I looked like some (BAN ME PLEASE)

Someone else, who apparently the stockings belonged to, found the 3DS and saw I was wearing her stockings

I take them off, apologize, and then she goes to find something to show me

We must have taken a long time because one of the camp directors(?) came looking for us, so we made use of the leather blocks(?) to stay undetected

It felt like I was playing fukn metal gear, and lo and behold, I'm at shadow moses island

I was having fun running around, then I woke up :[

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Had a pretty strange dream last night so I thought I'd share. It was so vivid that I forced myself to remember as much as I can.

Technology has taken its turn for the extreme when people discovered how to create video games out of people's dreams. Simply put, you can run some handheld device (which I do not remember the name of) over a sleeping person, and it will analyze their dreams to create a video game setting, complete with plots and characters. This will utilize a template of sorts.

I was one of the first few to be able to test this technology before its official release, and I vowed to test as much as I can. Inside the lab there was a sleeping person that I could test this out on, and I chose the Pokemon template. In a matter of seconds, the contents of the dreamer were downloaded into the handheld, and it is time for phase two...playing it. Unfortunately, I have this trait in dreams where if I play video games, I would get sucked into the game world. This is not something I've been able to remember in the dreams and the moment I clicked NEW GAME I felt the world around me spiral and I transcend into the video game world....

It was eeriely familiar. The plot picked up from a dream I had many years ago (it involved drcossack's wife getting struck by a meteor and him going into an intergalactic rampage while i was on a vacation on Earth's neighboring invisible planets). The game started out with me on a train and a meteorite striking it, destroying the train and most people in it, but I survived (barely). Authorities stated that the meteor showed similar markings to the one found in the drcossack incident. Picking up my starter Pokemon (a gible, which btw evolved into a zapdos), my character (note that I periodically escape the video game world) embarked on a journey that would discover the true origin of the meteor and the strange things that has happened on Earth lately, while obtaining badges.

Indeed, things didn't make a whole lot of sense, I'm listing all that I can remember

- Visible deep sea trenches on the beaches. One contained a charmander.
- lightning strikes that always signaled an event (usually a disaster)
- a suicidal, burning Psychic/Fairy Mewtwo-Y holding a flame orb
- A pain split Pikachu who uses it on a random kid walking on the street
- A Toxic Orb purple Cresselia - this led to a "poisonous full moon" during the night
- Random doors that are actually portals - to space, tombs, other people's dreams, and occasionally out of this video game world, and more that I cant exactly remember
- Random disappearing and reappearing trees.
- Cracking skies
- High speed chases through portals
- Repeated reversals of the game engine to gen 1 and 2 graphics.
- Flashbacks of Tromboids and Sesameans (alien races that appeared in the drcossack dream)
- The codename: Nasal Demon, and an imprisoned spirit. I bolded this because signs indicating the name kept showing up.

Now I cant remember too much about the event that happened during those discoveries. It felt like a regular Pokemon journey but with much more intensity. Perhaps it's because I am actually in it sometimes. The codename Nasal Demon didn't make a whole lot of sense to me but somewhere near the end of the game there was a freak power accident and it forced me out of the game. As I walk through the dark room I was able to shine a flashlight towards the sleeper's name tag. It read:

"Adam Nelson"

Why did that name sound so significant to me? It was then that my brain had a spark of brilliance and rearranged the anagram (Nasal Demon -> Adam Nelson). I recognized the person to be none more than Earthworm. I turn around to find that the lab has been deserted, and a thunderstorm is brewing outside. Reports indicate that Earthworm is in a coma, but from causes unknown. Pictures on the wall indicate a shadowy figure beckoning towards Earthworm's comatose body - I did not see those pictures before playing the game. And before long I felt the chilly presence of the figure beside me...

I woke up from my dream in a suspenseful ending. I tried to go back to sleep to continue my quest since I can usually do that, but it's 11 AM already and I can't sleep. I think that imprisoned spirit meant something important, but I don't have a clue if it had to do with anything I did...or how it even got there. Nevertheless, the dream world doesn't make sense most of the time anyways. However, I tend to be unsatisfied if I can not complete my dream's puzzles (even if they are nonsensical).

Perhaps there was a bigger purpose for the dream game technology. And honestly I probably STILL left out a ton of details. Dream recall can be a chore sometimes.

Last edited:
My girlfriend told me that she had a dream that she was at a party with me and the same night that she had that dream I also dreamed that we were at a party so that's pretty crazy. I for one believe in dream shared experiences although I do understand a lot of what you do during the day tends to appear in your dreams at night and we were both at a party the night before. Also earlier on that same night I had my 24th proper lucid dream were I flew around my friends kitchen and phased through the kitchen window and looked up and saw the sky was full of stars, like way more stars than you usually see

Although not technically 'a dream' does anyone has any sleep paralysis experiences? I have had 3 with two producing freaky hallucinations

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Although not technically 'a dream' does anyone has any sleep paralysis experiences? I have had 3 with two producing freaky hallucinations
I have sleep paralysis fairly often, unfortunately. 3 months ago I started to have some weird dreams that involved an apocalyptic Earth where there were demons everywhere and some people (including me) were trying to fight and survive. I have forgotten most about those dreams (I usually recall a lot of details from my dreams but I forget if I don't write them down). There was one thing in common about them though, I always died and awoke irl while hyperventilating.

For some time those dreams stopped but last week I had a very similar one, in which I found some kind of ancient book with strange characters and runes on the cover. Somehow I had the feeling that I shouldn't open that book or something terrible would happen. But I ended up opening it on a whim. In that moment, the runes and characters started to shine in a a creepy purple light, I awoke from the dream and I was paralyzed and also unable to breathe. I was choking and started feeling really anxious because it really felt like I was going to die. While I was choking all my room started to shine with those purple lights and weird symbols were moving around the room.

This lasted ~15 seconds but it was really distressing and I had to stay awake for the remainder of the night (it was 3:30 AM)

I am also kind of a sleep talker and while I don't really stand up and leave the bedroom, pretty much every night I start to speak while sleeping. In the past I said semi-coherent things (actual words or sentences like "don't leave me behind") but according to my sister and a friend of mine, lately it's just been unintelligible stuff, as if I was crying for some reason. I've been told that sometimes I stand up and sit on the bed while saying unintelligible stuff which I guess is creepy :(

Don't know if it's something to be worried about tbh...

Last edited:
I have sleep paralysis fairly often, unfortunately. 3 months ago I started to have some weird dreams that involved an apocalyptic Earth where there were demons everywhere and some people (including me) were trying to fight and survive. I have forgotten most about those dreams (I usually recall a lot of details from my dreams but I forget if I don't write them down). There was one thing in common about them though, I always died and awoke irl while hyperventilating.

For some time those dreams stopped but last week I had a very similar one, in which I found some kind of ancient book with strange characters and runes on the cover. Somehow I had the feeling that I shouldn't open that book or something terrible would happen. But I ended up opening it on a whim. In that moment, the runes and characters started to shine in a a creepy purple light, I awoke from the dream and I was paralyzed and also unable to breathe. I was choking and started feeling really anxious because it really felt like I was going to die. While I was choking all my room started to shine with those purple lights and weird symbols were moving around the room.

This lasted ~15 seconds but it was really distressing and I had to stay awake for the remainder of the night (it was 3:30 AM)

I am also kind of a sleep talker and while I don't really stand up and leave the bedroom, pretty much every night I start to speak while sleeping. In the past I said semi-coherent things (actual words or sentences like "don't leave me behind") but according to my sister and a friend of mine, lately it's just been unintelligible stuff, as if I was crying for some reason. I've been told that sometimes I stand up and sit on the bed while saying unintelligible stuff which I guess is creepy :(

Don't know if it's something to be worried about tbh...
That is a bit scary, weird things with dreams is that a lot of things happen due to expectation, often times in a nightmare people expect to see something scary behind them and then sure enough something scary is behind them lol. Same with the book you thought something would go wrong when you opened it and sure enough, creepy purple light. Etc. Do you remember how you got out of the dream and into sleep paralysis? Did you realise that you were in a scary dream and you went to open your eyes suddenly to end the dream, because I have done that before which created a sleep paralysis experience or did you just wake from the dream normally and into sleep paralysis? I think opening your eyes suddenly when in a dream your body can still think it's asleep which is why sleep paralysis is happening (it always happens in our sleep to stop us acting out what we are doing in our dreams but in these cases one is awake during sleep paralysis)

I have heard that some lucid dreamers manipulate their SP hallucinations with expectation, like imagining the demon is actually some hot girl getting on top of them but I haven't tried it because my last SP experience was just over a year ago. It's something you could try but it could be difficult to remember to do I that situation

Dude, that shit is the worst. I have a recurring theme in nightmares where I'm just suddenly covered in bees/ants/spiders/etc. that are all biting or stinging me. Usually its enough to kinda freak my body into being awake, but then I'm still locked, can't move or scream, and disoriented so just the feeling of blankets wrapped around me in the dark makes me feel like I'm still swarmed on. Always horrific, and if I go back to sleep right afterwards, I'll fall right back into the same nightmare, so I end up browsing the internet for a good hour or two just to get it out of my head.

I remember when I was a kid, I had one weird sleep paralysis thing where I'm not even sure if I had fully fallen asleep prior. I was still in my bed, could hear my parents watching TV a few rooms over, and was cognizant. It felt like I was levitating; I couldn't move or speak, and I was hallucinating a weird thing staring at me from the doorway. It was a strange mix of spooky and peaceful, lasted for what seemed like a really long time, too. Suddenly, it was gone and I felt like I fell back into my bed. I could move and talk again, and was just confused as to what happened. Reading about it years later, apparently during SP the feeling of levitating is common, as is the feeling of falling when it ends. Hallucinations can also occur since you're in a partial sleep state. It's still a pretty surreal experience, though.

Dude, that shit is the worst. I have a recurring theme in nightmares where I'm just suddenly covered in bees/ants/spiders/etc. that are all biting or stinging me. Usually its enough to kinda freak my body into being awake, but then I'm still locked, can't move or scream, and disoriented so just the feeling of blankets wrapped around me in the dark makes me feel like I'm still swarmed on. Always horrific, and if I go back to sleep right afterwards, I'll fall right back into the same nightmare, so I end up browsing the internet for a good hour or two just to get it out of my head.

I remember when I was a kid, I had one weird sleep paralysis thing where I'm not even sure if I had fully fallen asleep prior. I was still in my bed, could hear my parents watching TV a few rooms over, and was cognizant. It felt like I was levitating; I couldn't move or speak, and I was hallucinating a weird thing staring at me from the doorway. It was a strange mix of spooky and peaceful, lasted for what seemed like a really long time, too. Suddenly, it was gone and I felt like I fell back into my bed. I could move and talk again, and was just confused as to what happened. Reading about it years later, apparently during SP the feeling of levitating is common, as is the feeling of falling when it ends. Hallucinations can also occur since you're in a partial sleep state. It's still a pretty surreal experience, though.
Yeah sleep paralysis experiences are always cool looking back at it, but during it it's scary as shit! Yeah experiencing feelings of levitating seem common in sleep paralysis, as are feelings of weightlessness. When I am having a Wake imitated lucid dream, I often feel a weight on my chest or vibrations of my body during sleep paralysis.

Just to clear things I have experienced sleep paralysis more than 3 times due to much I them coming from lucid dreaming attempts however my first 3 were all accidental and where the only ones that produces visual hallucinations since every other time I have experienced it, I was conscious just with my eyes closed.

There's this dream I'm still wondering about.

I was back in school for some reason (was in the summer a year or so ago), and we were at a library for some reason. A super-old one made out of stone. It was shaky, messy, and there was loose stone everywhere. I was checking out this little hole in a wall/corner, and didn't realize the class was leaving.

I went inside and found that I was in something of a hospital room. There was a man, around 40 or 50 years old, laying in the bed, hooked up to life support. He was somewhat transparent, and tinted blue. I saw one of those old phonograph things and played it. A man's voice started to talk about his regrets and worries through his life. I looked at the guy on the bed, and he faded out of existence.

I then left the library (in another dream continuing this one) to find that I was in something of a plains area, in a little town (like what you'd see in a wild-west movie). I didn't know where I was, so I walked around and realized I didn't belong there. I remember that someone beat the living **** out of me. I found a hiding place and a big stack of money. I took it and ran. I remember being chased, caught, then I woke up and never had the dream again.

Still wondering what was going on there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)