Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.... perhaps not. I think the main argument against Regigigas in ORAS would be that we just got it in B2W2, but we also got the other Regis there so.... why not? It's so heavily tied to the actual Hoenn legendaries that it be really surprising not to take the opportunity to include it (every game it's in you gain access to it from the other 3 Regis so... here's a game with the 3 Regis...) Personally I think if there are gonna be non Hoenn legendaries at all (which is most likely the case) then Regigigas will certainly be one of them. Now whether or not it's post game is a totally different question...
Platinum had the legendary Birds and then so did HGSS so that's kind of a bad reason, especially since this is a new generation where the other one requires a companion app to bring up (and also, both black 2 & white 2)

If they have us chase the Beasts like they did for the Kanto birds and then have a special spot to go catch them, even just one dependent on the starter chosen, I'd be pretty happy with just them and Regigigas as legendary Pokemon not normally native to Hoenn. Hell, I put up with picking Charmander a lot just to have the chance to go after Suicune in FireRed. Maybe a nice nod to those (by now) old games but with the guaranteed three 31 IV's instead of guaranteed utter crap IV's across the board? Probably being too wishful in my thinking, and should stop at that.

Platinum had the legendary Birds and then so did HGSS so that's kind of a bad reason, especially since this is a new generation where the other one requires a companion app to bring up (and also, both black 2 & white 2)
Sorry, what's a bad reason? I'm a little confused because it sounds like your trying to counter the argument that Regigigas wouldn't be in ORAS (as in it was just in B2W2) but I already kind of said myself, in the post you just quoted, that it was the only reason that would even make any sense, but that i think it's a bad one and in spite of it that I think Regigigas will be in ORAS. So I'm not totally sure what part of my reasoning you're contending.

...or maybe your not contending anything and just agreeing with me and I'm dumb.. lol

Last edited:
EDIT: (the power of more pointless opinions compels me) Also it was kind of awkward that the Regis them selves were sealed away, and then it turns out they were just the keys to a different lock that seals away something else that's actually weaker than all 3 of them... Regigigas actually had a lot of potential to be super cool if what the Regis were locking was actually a more powerful Regi. Instead it's this super gangly zebra turd that's only a Regi by name.... Because its aesthetically terrible and Un-Regi-like design and incredibly nonthreatening nature it totally falls flat....
Really... it should have been a fighting-type tank with Iron Fist. That makes so much sense and gives it an obvious advantage over the other regis, 'asserting it's dominance' or whatever.

I hate to say it but I don't want the legendary birds they just came in X and Y

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
We're getting Regigigas in ORAS because it's been clear enough already that there are Regis in multiple regions somehow and it would be really weird if there were no Regigigas in a region with the other Regis.

Sorry, what's a bad reason? I'm a little confused because it sounds like your trying to counter the argument that Regigigas wouldn't be in ORAS (as in it was just in B2W2) but I already kind of said myself, in the post you just quoted, that it was the only reason that would even make any sense, but that i think it's a bad one and in spite of it that I think Regigigas will be in ORAS. So I'm not totally sure what part of my reasoning you're contending.

...or maybe your not contending anything and just agreeing with me and I'm dumb.. lol
Nah that was my bad, I misread the post

mega salamence and it still has moxie...ouch..that would be fun to deal with...
Just wait till we see tutors. Maybe Salamence won't be dead weight anymore if Brave Bird is added to its movepool. And by dead weight, I mean severely outclassed by other dragons. Come at me Charizard X fanatics.

I'm anticipating Meteor Falls to be absolutely gorgeous. The desert is going to look so great in 3D.

One question I have about the desert is...

Are we going to have never-ending Sandstorm in effect there? If I remember correctly, we had never-ending Hail and Sandstorm on X/Y routes, too.

My name is Ty, so meeting Gabby & Ty in Sapphire was absolutely amazing as a little kid (just to find out there are other Tys in the world). I'm guessing they will stick with the original Exploud/Magneton, but I really want them to have a Magnezone so that EV training Pokemon like those two/Wailord/Lanturn/Ludicolo or any other High HP + Special Attacking Pokemon would be so much more easy.

Who here is on board for #TeamLileep? I know I'm choosing squid flower over molded shrimp.

Gabby and Ty were great. I challenged that duo all the time so I could change my motto and end up on TV. Ty will probably evolve his Magneton post-game at the very least.

I wonder if those Trendy Phrases will return in Dewford town. That place was so weird but so funny because of that.

I'm anticipating Meteor Falls to be absolutely gorgeous. The desert is going to look so great in 3D.

One question I have about the desert is...

Are we going to have never-ending Sandstorm in effect there? If I remember correctly, we had never-ending Hail and Sandstorm on X/Y routes, too.

My name is Ty, so meeting Gabby & Ty in Sapphire was absolutely amazing as a little kid (just to find out there are other Tys in the world). I'm guessing they will stick with the original Exploud/Magneton, but I really want them to have a Magnezone so that EV training Pokemon like those two/Wailord/Lanturn/Ludicolo or any other High HP + Special Attacking Pokemon would be so much more easy.

Who here is on board for #TeamLileep? I know I'm choosing squid flower over molded shrimp.
The never ending sand storm effect is pretty important. It's what requires you to need the key item go-goggles to go to the dessert. I think we can bet on it still being around. Especially since Flygons will be flapping their wings to kick up sandstorms (and make music with the humming sound :D) maybe some hidden area there is where Flygon's mega stone will be. (inb4 Flygon isn't a wild encounter, cause I know that, I'm just saying... lol)

I think we can assume from Dusknoir that anything with with higher evolutions that came out after 3rd gen will get those higher forms in ORAS dex. But I don't know that Ty and Gabby will have Maganazone... maybe if they interveeiw you really late in the game or post game...

And as an Adamant Bug-Type Lover (I love them Jolly, Timid, Modest, you name it, lol) I always have been and will continue to be on the little anomalocaris's team. Although I kind of just love all the fossil Pokemon. I think lileep is fun because Crynoids are fossils you can actually find as just a regular person chilling at the beach in real life. Makes sense some kid on an adventure could actually find one (like the trilobites/ horeshocrabs and ammonites of gen 1) It seems a lot less likely for a kid to just happen upon an archeopteryx or ceratops though...

Just wait till we see tutors. Maybe Salamence won't be dead weight anymore if Brave Bird is added to its movepool. And by dead weight, I mean severely outclassed by other dragons. Come at me Charizard X fanatics.
Lol don't play the "What if" game. Yeah, what if Entei gets Earthquake or Flareon gets Close Combat. Don't do it to yourself man.

Lol holy "hell yeah" for both, even if the chance for the last one is lower than finding a bacon-colored Yvetal.
Entei not learning Earthquake & Typhlosion getting it despite the former being stronger & bigger is inane. Flareon getting Close Combat is a no-brainer.

On topic I'm pretty confident we'll get a lot of legends like we did in HG/SS. I feel like the same people who were adamant there were going to be no more mega-evolutions are the same ones saying we aren't going to get legends again. It's a no-brainer for Gamefreak, and it's just cool over all. Doesn't diminish their specialness at all. I love having the opportunity to catch my own legends in 6th gen.

Entei not learning Earthquake & Typhlosion getting it despite the former being stronger & bigger is inane. Flareon getting Close Combat is a no-brainer.

On topic I'm pretty confident we'll get a lot of legends like we did in HG/SS. I feel like the same people who were adamant there were going to be no more mega-evolutions are the same ones saying we aren't going to get legends again. It's a no-brainer for Gamefreak, and it's just cool over all. Doesn't diminish their specialness at all. I love having the opportunity to catch my own legends in 6th gen.
I want my pentagon Reshiram and Landorus already :(

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
mega salamence and it still has moxie...ouch..that would be fun to deal with...
So is this confirmed or are we just theroymoning right now?

On a tangentaly related note, the next Pokemon movie is about/features Primal Kyorge and Groudon. Since when did remakes get movies???

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

On a tangentaly related note, the next Pokemon movie is about/features Primal Kyorge and Groudon. Since when did remakes get movies???
It makes sense when you consider Kyogre and Groudon are getting new forms and all that. But fsr, I have a feeling that Volcanion's gonna pop up somewhere in that movie. Just a gut feeling.

Oh, jeez, not this...
The whole idea of "Oh you don't want this extreme, so you must want the opposite extreme".
I'm not asking them to make it easy. I'm asking them to make it /POSSIBLE/.
Can anyone seriously tell me that they were able to do this puzzle without the internet? I'm sorry but this isn't even challenging, it's just bloody ridiculous. It doesn't make you use your intelligence, it doesn't make you use your skill, it only makes you use the internet guides or groan in frustration. There's no working out to be done because Braille isn't a language anyone actually reads. Literally the only reason people don't want it to change and don't see it as a bad thing is their nostalgia.
lol I didn't even know the Regis existed and I managed to solve the braille puzzles without guides/internet 8 years ago (I was in 4th grade btw). Sure I had a dictionary that happened to have a braille entry, but you don't have to be a genius to solve it, especially when they have a translator in the dig room of the Sealed Chamber.

It makes sense when you consider Kyogre and Groudon are getting new forms and all that. But fsr, I have a feeling that Volcanion's gonna pop up somewhere in that movie. Just a gut feeling.
Well, considering it's next year and movies are only ever to promote new gens or event legends...

Yeah I was wondering how the heck that's going to work
Like is Ash gonna be all like "hey guys let's catch a boat to hoenn for no reason"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)