Pokemon Throwback - Gen IV Tier Shift

A brief interruption:

Voting for Gen V Ability Shift seemed like a good idea, but once Kit Kasai and I started discussing the metagame, we realized some problems with it.

First, the offensive threats:

[21:47:59] %Uselesscrab: huge power entei
[21:48:24] %Uselesscrab: also bisharp, absol, aerodactyl, dusknoir, kyurem, and weavile
[21:48:29] %Uselesscrab: and no fur coat
[21:48:52] %Kit Kasai: .
[21:48:53] %Kit Kasai: okay
[21:48:59] %Uselesscrab: banhammer imo
[21:49:02] %Kit Kasai: I give up
[21:49:06] %Kit Kasai: where is my stall meta

So, we decided:

[21:49:13] %Kit Kasai: also yeah ban hp / pp

But then I inspected the list further:

[21:52:30] %Uselesscrab: ok so im realizing now
[21:52:38] %Uselesscrab: this is basically just gen VI without fur coat
[21:53:44] %Kit Kasai: you should go say that in the thread

http://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/abilities/

Looking at this link, not all that much is different from Gen VI Ability Shift. Very few Generation VI abilities (excluding Protean) were sandwiched between "important" preexisting abilities. We get a few new Regenerators, and some more Sturdy Pokemon, but nothing that can deal with Pure Power users, particularly Entei.

Banning Pure Power seems like an obvious solution, but then we end up with a metagame that is still very similar to its present iteration.

In my opinion, an earlier generation might be a better choice, because while Pressure users still get Pure Power, we can ban them and still get a metagame that differs in identity from Gen VI Ability Shift.

Or we can vote for the other option :/

A brief interruption:

Voting for Gen V Ability Shift seemed like a good idea, but once Kit Kasai and I started discussing the metagame, we realized some problems with it.

First, the offensive threats:

[21:47:59] %Uselesscrab: huge power entei
[21:48:24] %Uselesscrab: also bisharp, absol, aerodactyl, dusknoir, kyurem, and weavile
[21:48:29] %Uselesscrab: and no fur coat
[21:48:52] %Kit Kasai: .
[21:48:53] %Kit Kasai: okay
[21:48:59] %Uselesscrab: banhammer imo
[21:49:02] %Kit Kasai: I give up
[21:49:06] %Kit Kasai: where is my stall meta

So, we decided:

[21:49:13] %Kit Kasai: also yeah ban hp / pp

But then I inspected the list further:

[21:52:30] %Uselesscrab: ok so im realizing now
[21:52:38] %Uselesscrab: this is basically just gen VI without fur coat
[21:53:44] %Kit Kasai: you should go say that in the thread

http://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/abilities/

Looking at this link, not all that much is different from Gen VI Ability Shift. Very few Generation VI abilities (excluding Protean) were sandwiched between "important" preexisting abilities. We get a few new Regenerators, and some more Sturdy Pokemon, but nothing that can deal with Pure Power users, particularly Entei.

Banning Pure Power seems like an obvious solution, but then we end up with a metagame that is still very similar to its present iteration.

In my opinion, an earlier generation might be a better choice, because while Pressure users still get Pure Power, we can ban them and still get a metagame that differs in identity from Gen VI Ability Shift.

Or we can vote for the other option :/
Well Ability Shift doesn't have a ladder so, Gen V Ability Shift

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Ability Shift sucks literal dongs, best ability meta is the ability meta with an actual perma ladder \o/

nah jk, not hating on my boi BK :c

Anyways I would just love to see another gen 4 meta so Gen IV STABMONS

EV

Banned deucer.
I'm going to close voting on the 28th. The thread will stay open for any last words on Gen IV BH and then we'll get a new ladder up with the winner on the 1st (depending on server restart, etc.)

EV

Banned deucer.
What is the cooldown period if there is one.
I'm gonna say 3 months. We should be able to try out enough OMs in the meantime, but if something has wide enough applications across multiple generations (like BH), it doesn't half to wait half a year or whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)