Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which, is it possible for Kalos-born Pokemon to have memories even if it was hacked? Most sources seem to say that the Memory Girl is a pretty reliable first check but I can't find anything about whether or not it's possible to fool her.
If a hacker knew what they were doing and really wanted to, they probably could. But I imagine it would be a lot of work to do so, and even then they'd still have to fool subsequent checks outside of the game itself which will be much tougher. Why would anyone want to hack something that on the surface seems legitimate, including having memories to be read, as nearly anything else is going to stick out like a sore thumb. A Diancie in a non-Cherish Ball is so convincingly legitimate... /sarcasm

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Speaking of which, is it possible for Kalos-born Pokemon to have memories even if it was hacked? Most sources seem to say that the Memory Girl is a pretty reliable first check but I can't find anything about whether or not it's possible to fool her.
You can edit that information externally so they would, however, at the moment there are only a couple of people that have successfully injected a .pkx file back into XY (and they're not sharing how they did it afaik), so it's not a valid concern at this time.

Do field ability effects still trigger if the Pokemon is in the lead, but fainted? Like, Static attracting electric types.

(I'm trying to Frisk for Light balls.)

Edit: That was answered by experience. New question, is there any place where the Fossil Pokemon can be "caught," legitimately with Pokeball choice and all?

Last edited:

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Edit: That was answered by experience. New question, is there any place where the Fossil Pokemon can be "caught," legitimately with Pokeball choice and all?
I think the only place we can catch fossil Pokemon is in the Dream World. I never used it so I'm not sure how it works, unfortunately. Other than that, we don't get a choice, unfortunately, and we can't even breed fossils into other types of pokeballs since the species & ball type is passed down by the female.

I have checked serebii's game mechanics page and I can't find out the exact way that pokemon passing down abilities via breeding are calculated percentage wise, can someone help me on this?

I have checked serebii's game mechanics page and I can't find out the exact way that pokemon passing down abilities via breeding are calculated percentage wise, can someone help me on this?
A female will pass down her non H/A 80% of the time and her H/A 60% of the time.

Breeding a Ditto and an H/A male gives you a 20% chance of passing down the H/A (and locks your eggs in a crappy pokeball)

Last edited:
A female will pass down her non H/A 80% of the time and her H/A 60% of the time.

Breeding a Ditto and an H/A malr gives you a 20% chance of passing down the H/A (and locks your eggs in a crappy pokeball)
And in the case of non gendered pokemon breeding (ie magnimite) is the non gendered pokemon counted as a female?

Breeding a Ditto and an H/A malr gives you a 20% chance of passing down the H/A (and locks your eggs in a crappy pokeball)
I was under the impression that breeding a male with Ditto gives the same likelihood of passing its ability in either case as breeding with a female, though the ball won't pass down as it would with a female.

And in the case of non gendered pokemon breeding (ie magnimite) is the non gendered pokemon counted as a female?
It is, but you're still stuck with standard Poke Ball.

I was under the impression that breeding a male with Ditto gives the same likelihood of passing its ability in either case as breeding with a female, though the ball won't pass down as it would with a female.

It is, but you're still stuck with standard Poke Ball.
Nope, only 20% with the Ditto. Not that it matters to me- I can't stand plain pokeball mons.

Nope, only 20% with the Ditto. Not that it matters to me- I can't stand plain pokeball mons.
20% huh? I don't doubt your word, but I was hatching Marvel Scale Dratini with Ditto (needed to get some parents for Masuda) and I could swear Marvel Scale popped up more often than that.

Also, I want to be sure, when breeding with Ditto, a female non-Ditto parent can still pass down its Pokeball, right?
Like, say I want to Masuda a Mawile, but I need the Ditto as the foreign parent and the Mawile is Female Love Ball. The offspring will be Love ball?

20% huh? I don't doubt your word, but I was hatching Marvel Scale Dratini with Ditto (needed to get some parents for Masuda) and I could swear Marvel Scale popped up more often than that.

Also, I want to be sure, when breeding with Ditto, a female non-Ditto parent can still pass down its Pokeball, right?
Like, say I want to Masuda a Mawile, but I need the Ditto as the foreign parent and the Mawile is Female Love Ball. The offspring will be Love ball?
I'm pretty sure Agonist, Hozu or TheMantyke answered this question a while back stating that it's the same for males as it is for females (60% for HA; also don't want to tag them - they have better things to do)

As for your question about the hypothetical female Love Ball Mawile and Ditto - yes, all offspring will be in a Love Ball; as long as the "female" parent is not a Ditto or genderless, all offspring will be in the same ball as the mother (someone can probably word this better than me).

It is 20% , comes from bitter experience and these:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67883624

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140112234722AA0FrwY

I'm doing poke radar chaining and I've got a shiny from a normal patch of grass (not a shiny one). Does that reset my chance at getting a shiny patch?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm doing poke radar chaining and I've got a shiny from a normal patch of grass (not a shiny one). Does that reset my chance at getting a shiny patch?
If the shiny pokemon was the same as what you were chaining then no. If it was something random though (a shiny Bidoof pops up while chaining Shinx) then your chain has broken. While chaining, regular squares still have the regular shiny rate, so you can just get really lucky and get one that way!

If the shiny pokemon was the same as what you were chaining then no. If it was something random though (a shiny Bidoof pops up while chaining Shinx) then your chain has broken. While chaining, regular squares still have the regular shiny rate, so you can just get really lucky and get one that way!
Yep, it was the pokemon I tried to chain, too bad I reset because I spent half an hour without a shiny patch on a chain of 40. Oh well, I'll get him next time

At the Battle Chateau, is there any way to distinguish who you are going to battle before interacting with an NPC (Gym Leaders, E4, and Diantha are obvious). It gets annoying when I train weak Pokémon the old fashioned way and I end up battling an opponent whose Pokémon outclass mine by 15 or so levels. So far, the best attempt I made was to explore the Chateau and look for differences in the presence of NPCs whenever a new one gets announced, but is there an easier way?

At the Battle Chateau, is there any way to distinguish who you are going to battle before interacting with an NPC (Gym Leaders, E4, and Diantha are obvious). It gets annoying when I train weak Pokémon the old fashioned way and I end up battling an opponent whose Pokémon outclass mine by 15 or so levels. So far, the best attempt I made was to explore the Chateau and look for differences in the presence of NPCs whenever a new one gets announced, but is there an easier way?
Use EXP Share?

AFAIK there's no way to tell for sure from appearance the rank of a person in the Chateau, but there's certain visual cues you can use. For example, Rich Boys and Ladies (the young kind) tend to be of lower ranks, while Furisode Girls and Veterans (and Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Diantha obv) tend to be of higher ranks. Still, the only way to know for sure is to memorize every trainer in the Chateau.

Use EXP Share?

AFAIK there's no way to tell for sure from appearance the rank of a person in the Chateau, but there's certain visual cues you can use. For example, Rich Boys and Ladies (the young kind) tend to be of lower ranks, while Furisode Girls and Veterans (and Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Diantha obv) tend to be of higher ranks. Still, the only way to know for sure is to memorize every trainer in the Chateau.
Eh, Gentlemen, Socialites, Maids, and Butlers tend to be all over. But definitely the Furisode Girls are either Marchionesses or Duchesses, and the best part is they all use only Audino whose only attacking move also hurt themselves.

Now, I've been wondering. Does Hatching Power stack with Flame Body/Magma Armor when hatching eggs?

Last edited:
Ok, I read this on serebii but I don't know how accurate it is, so could someone please confirm or deny this info.

In b/w reshiram/zekrom will never be shiny, unless all your pc boxes and party are full. And since in those games you are forced to catch it in this case you would ko it, finish the game and then go to dragon spiral tower where it is shiny/can be caught shiny.

Ok, I read this on serebii but I don't know how accurate it is, so could someone please confirm or deny this info.

In b/w reshiram/zekrom will never be shiny, unless all your pc boxes and party are full. And since in those games you are forced to catch it in this case you would ko it, finish the game and then go to dragon spiral tower where it is shiny/can be caught shiny.
Serebii was wrong. The dragons are shiny locked in both games, regardless of where you catch them in B/W.

I believe that Bond disproved that theory by dumping the ROM.

If I breed a Vivillion in my game, is the Offspring's pattern based on the parent, the pattern for the game where it's bred, or the pattern of the game it's hatched in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)