Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
INB4 Troll Freak decides to "equilibrate" it's offensive stats to 125 each and makes it "defensive with defensive stats ranging from 100 to 115
Ho really? Well i guess with the big buff of the defences and with an amazing stat of 125 in both offenses as you said with a dragon dance and aerliate i dont see any reason why it will not be one of the best mega's in the game.

Just reading the description, Mega Diancie's stats will be HP / 150 Atk / 100 Def / 150 SpA / 100 SpD / 150 Spe. Seriously, so predictable.

C'mon people who seem to think that everything will be dropped into 1 or 2 stats for the mega-evolutions; haven't you been following the trends? The mega-evolutions so far have always had them distributed among a number of stats, not just dumped into the one stat we think would rule them all. It's not even worth considering these hypothetical distributions since they'll never happen.

From the looks of Salamence and its description, I suspect it'll have moderate boosts to both its defensive stats and a moderate boost to speed, with a minimal increase in attack and special attack. Thankfully it'll have Aerilate to help make up for the deficiency in power due to not being able to hold an item. If the stats were distributed to offenses like you'd think it would if not for that line about defense, then Salamence would likely end up OP; however the distribution to defense should be an interesting change. We might end up seeing a resurgence of Wish-Mence, or just a bunch of bulkier set-up sets a-la Dragonite.

Mega-Altaria is mostly interesting due to the addition of Fairy typing, giving it significantly better defensive typing. The boost in offenses are interesting, but are likely to be somewhat offset by the inability to hold an item. Its Pixilate affected moves will hit like a truck when boosted though, so bulky dragon-dance sets (or if speed gets a significant increase, even offensive ones) seem like the most likely outcome. It'll have the distinction of being the first Fairy-type attacker to be able to boost its speed and offenses at the same time (outside of Ubers anyway), which will definitely be interesting since up until now Fairy attackers haven't had much speed to use (100 base speed of Mega-Gardevoir is the fastest any of the attackers have gotten). This'll see Fairy being used a primary sweeping type (rather than Wallbreaking, like M-Gardevoir) for the first time. Assuming that Altaria's boosts end up being enough to carry it to OU (as seems likely to me), it'll be intersting to see how the metagame reacts to having to deal with fast fairy moves.

Mega-Loppuny was... unexpected. I'm curious to see where its boosts go and how high they are; some sort of attack boost is obvious, but beyond that it's hard to tell. In any case, its new typing and ability are certainly a boon to it, giving it completely unresisted STAB coverage. Interestingly as well, though Lopunny is completely forgotten even in NU, its BST actually isn't really that low, just poorly distributed. A BST boost that changes the balance of its distribution could have a pretty profound impact on its performance. Really though, the biggest obstacle to its success (and what will almost definitely keep it in the lower tiers no matter how its stats are distributed) is its movepool; for a physical sweeper it's incredibly shallow. Either it'll need a huge upgrade to it in ORAS, or it'll fail to impress due to a lack of good coverage. Oh sure, you can hit everything for at least neutral damage, but without super-effective coverage it'll have a hell of a time working its way through walls since it won't have an item to boost the power of its STAB moves. Maybe it'll get a big boost to speed instead and that'll allow it to act as a cleaner or something. In any case, I find it highly unlikely that Lopunny will climb it's way up the teir lists too far, but it should at least see some usage now.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Great. Perfect. Amazing. More Pikachu centralization. I know it's like the main hook to get fans... but sigh.

pieces of crap give Latios/Latias more attention their megas suck FREAKING RATS KJENKEGH

Great. Perfect. Amazing. More Pikachu centralization. I know it's like the main hook to get fans... but sigh.

pieces of crap give Latios/Latias more attention their megas suck FREAKING RATS KJENKEGH
A hook to get fans would actually be Gen 1 centralization, not just Pikachu. That's a hook for ratkids

PS: I would like it if they fused together somehow onto what looks like their mega. That'll give them more attention, but since Megas are the big things, we can't really expect anything like that.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
MegaAltaria's Pixilate might work as Nidoqueen's Sheer Force; it isn't there to make it a incredible powerhouse, but to make it a defensive pokémon that's not a sitting duck. 100-110 unboosted Sp. Atk might sound like nothing, but when it has a Pixilate STAB Hyper Voice, coming from a pokémon with say 135 defenses, then I'm sure it starts packing a punch.

I'll talk about Mega Lopunny more later on, but I gotta say I love Mega Altaria's design and luck this generation. It was dealt a good hand in the typing department with Dragon/Fairy. It has a boatload of resistances and a workable movepool to get it going. It's in a weird spot though with it's typing and stats. It is a special wall but has gained two powerful offensive STABS and a boost to both attacking stats. While Mega Altaria might be more offensive, it's typing can be a boon to help last longer on the field.

Mega-Loppuny was... unexpected. I'm curious to see where its boosts go and how high they are; some sort of attack boost is obvious, but beyond that it's hard to tell. In any case, its new typing and ability are certainly a boon to it, giving it completely unresisted STAB coverage. Interestingly as well, though Lopunny is completely forgotten even in NU, its BST actually isn't really that low, just poorly distributed. A BST boost that changes the balance of its distribution could have a pretty profound impact on its performance. Really though, the biggest obstacle to its success (and what will almost definitely keep it in the lower tiers no matter how its stats are distributed) is its movepool; for a physical sweeper it's incredibly shallow. Either it'll need a huge upgrade to it in ORAS, or it'll fail to impress due to a lack of good coverage. Oh sure, you can hit everything for at least neutral damage, but without super-effective coverage it'll have a hell of a time working its way through walls since it won't have an item to boost the power of its STAB moves. Maybe it'll get a big boost to speed instead and that'll allow it to act as a cleaner or something. In any case, I find it highly unlikely that Lopunny will climb it's way up the teir lists too far, but it should at least see some usage now.
I think Lopunny's physical move pool is more than adequate. Besides unresisted STAB, it's got the elemental punches, Bounce (if you are manly enough), Drain Punch for healing (run it alongside HJK; you have unresisted STAB anyway so who cares?), and even dumb stuff like Fake Out which also gets STAB and guarantees the MEVO against stuff that's faster.

I'm seriously more excited about Mega Lopunny than Mega Altaria or Mega Salamence. Mega Salamence is a sure-fire ban anyway

Salamence
BST: 95 / 135 / 80 / 110 / 80 /100
Assumed Mega BST: 95 / 150 / 105 / 120 /95 / 135
Increases: +0 / +15 / +25 / +10 / +15 / + 35

Judging by the design, its pretty apparent that Salamence is receiving a gigantic boost in Speed. This is due to its greater wingspan and retracted legs and arms, giving it a more jet like appearance. Its design also indicates that Salamence will have a slightly greater defense than special defense due to the steel covering on its body. Both of its attacking stats will receive slight boost, with its attack receiving a slightly greater boost due to it being its highest stat in Salamences base form.

Assuming that this assumption is true, then Salamence is most likely going to be overpowered, as it can find setup opportunities with its decent defenses and is nearly impossible to revenge kill after a Dragon Dance. Not only that but thanks to its high Speed Salamence can afford to run an Adamant nature, making it even more powerful. That being said, it may suffer from 4MSS as it want to run several moves like Double Edge, Outrage, Earthquake, DD, Fire Blast, and Roost all on the same set. I imagine Dragon spam becoming extremely common if it stays in OU.

Loppunny
BST: 65 / 76 / 84 / 54 / 96 / 105
Assumed Mega BST 65 / 116 / 89 / 84 / 101 / 125
Increases: +0 / +40 / +5 / +30 / +5 / +20

If I am not mistaken, the corocoro leak stated that Mega Loppuny will have increased Attack and Special Attack stats, leading me to believe that these two stats will be its most increased stats. Attack is given a greater boost as its Loppunny's higher stat. Defenses are give minimal increases and Speed is given a moderate increase due to Mega Loppunny's agile appearance.

Assuming this assumption is true, I believe Loppunny will be mid OU due to its ability to achieve perfect neutral coverage with its STAB moves, excellent Speed, and decent attacking power. Its main set will probably be Return | High Jump Kick | Fake Out | Baton Pass. Because Loppunny receives perfect coverage with Return and High Jump Kick, it has no use for coverage moves like Thunder Punch, allowing it to run Fake for chip damage and to break opposing Pokemon's Focus Sashes and BP to flee from certain threats. Mega Loppunny will likely due well vs offense but poor vs stall.

Mega Mence looks awesome, I'm so glad my favorite pseudo got the attention it deserves. Don't forget that it can go special too with Hyper Voice / Meteor / Fire Blast / Hydro Pump to surprise it's usual checks and counters. Or DD sets, mixed sets...the king is back!

I'm sure everyone saw it coming but Altaria's mega is amazing. A near perfect counter to ZardX but also a long-awaited way to distinguish itself from the other Dragon/Flying types. Poor Altaria was formerly left in the dust. Now it's shaping up to be a potent defensive Mega with recovery.

Mega Lopunny came out of left field but I like it. It's another off-the-beaten-path pokemon that needed some love and it has it now. Thanks to its ability, dual STABs + coverage/support looks like it's likely route.

Loppunny
BST: 65 / 76 / 84 / 54 / 96 / 105
Assumed Mega BST 65 / 116 / 89 / 84 / 101 / 125
Increases: +0 / +40 / +5 / +30 / +5 / +20

If I am not mistaken, the corocoro leak stated that Mega Loppuny will have increased Attack and Special Attack stats, leading me to believe that these two stats will be its most increased stats. Attack is given a greater boost as its Loppunny's higher stat. Defenses are give minimal increases and Speed is given a moderate increase due to Mega Loppunny's agile appearance.

Assuming this assumption is true, I believe Loppunny will be mid OU due to its ability to achieve perfect neutral coverage with its STAB moves, excellent Speed, and decent attacking power. Its main set will probably be Return | High Jump Kick | Fake Out | Baton Pass. Because Loppunny receives perfect coverage with Return and High Jump Kick, it has no use for coverage moves like Thunder Punch, allowing it to run Fake for chip damage and to break opposing Pokemon's Focus Sashes and BP to flee from certain threats. Mega Loppunny will likely due well vs offense but poor vs stall.
I think that could be a translation error on Pokebeach's part. This source (A mod from serebii linked it in the mega thread) right here says Mega Altaria will get the Atk/Sp.Atk boost. But I share that sentiment. It has the right moves to make use of its ability and typing. While it might not see OU in my opinion, I could see it maybe causing trouble in UU.

You are, that line was for Altaria. Altaria has increased Attack and Special Attack.

Salamence
BST: 95 / 135 / 80 / 110 / 80 /100
Assumed Mega BST: 95 / 150 / 105 / 120 /95 / 135
Increases: +0 / +15 / +25 / +10 / +15 / + 35

Judging by the design, its pretty apparent that Salamence is receiving a gigantic boost in Speed. This is due to its greater wingspan and retracted legs and arms, giving it a more jet like appearance. Its design also indicates that Salamence will have a slightly greater defense than special defense due to the steel covering on its body. Both of its attacking stats will receive slight boost, with its attack receiving a slightly greater boost due to it being its highest stat in Salamences base form.

Assuming that this assumption is true, then Salamence is most likely going to be overpowered, as it can find setup opportunities with its decent defenses and is nearly impossible to revenge kill after a Dragon Dance. Not only that but thanks to its high Speed Salamence can afford to run an Adamant nature, making it even more powerful. That being said, it may suffer from 4MSS as it want to run several moves like Double Edge, Outrage, Earthquake, DD, Fire Blast, and Roost all on the same set. I imagine Dragon spam becoming extremely common if it stays in OU.
The corocoro leak has also singled out Defense as the boosted stat on M-Slamance. which would imply it gets a bigger def upgrade than spd or anything else. there's really no way of knowing how the stat will end up til release though. So there's little point in making up specific numbers like this. Just ball parking what seems likely and speculating on what it can accomplish if it gets certain spreads maybe...

I know it's in Portuguese, but the idea is conveyed.

Someone drew a full circle with the "circle" of words in the leaks. There are things missing, arent't there? Or the other scans complete it? I didn't have time to look at it.

Edit: Just checked. None of the other scans complete the circle. It seems at least 3 more megas.

We could see M Altaria as a M Venasaur like tank. Pixilate Hyper Voice will be good and it has more offensive moves than Sylveon. And it can defog too, that intial SR weakness tho.
Wow I totally forgot about Defog! (oops nvm) Yeah, I'm gonna say it one more time just to make sure everyone hates me. M-Alteria just seems to have way more potential and unique niches as a bulky support-mon/special wall than as a DD sweeper.... now let's see if i can post that sentiment 4 more times before the day is over..... >>

EDIT:
I know it's in Portuguese, but the idea is conveyed.

Someone drew a full circle with the "circle" of words in the leaks. There are things missing, arent't there? Or the other scans complete it? I didn't have time to look at it.

Edit: Just checked. None of the other scans complete the circle. It seems at least 3 more megas.
Yeah Karxrida posted something with the same idea a few pages back. it is a little concerning that it seems we don't have the full image. I know humans are cruel by nature but if people know about more megas and aren't telling us then that is beyond cruel T.T

Last edited:
Wow I totally forgot about Defog! Yeah, I'm gonna say it one more time just to make sure everyone hates me. M-Alteria just seems to have way more potential and unique niches as a bulky support-mon/special wall than as a DD sweeper.... now let's see if i can post that sentiment 4 more times before the day is over..... >>
Pokemon are allowed to have more than one set. If it can do both then that just makes altaria even better.

I can here the boomer Kawanger song every time I see Mega-Mence with Boomer chucking Mega-Mence's from his head. The king is BACK BABY!!!

edit: Defense boost as well is going to be freaking niiiiice. Come in with the intimidate, and then mega evolve for even more defense(speed as well I hope). SO SICK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)