Other ORAS Mega Speculation Thread (NO talk about potential bans NOR Aegislash)

Which is your favorite?

• Beedrill

Votes: 255 26.5%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 119 12.3%
  • Slowbro

Votes: 86 8.9%
  • Steelix

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 140 14.5%
  • Swampert

Votes: 120 12.4%
  • Sableye

Votes: 62 6.4%
  • Sharpedo

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Camerupt

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Altaria

Votes: 144 14.9%
  • Glalie

Votes: 79 8.2%
  • Salamence

Votes: 198 20.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 164 17.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Latios

Votes: 54 5.6%
  • Loppuny

Votes: 125 13.0%
  • Gallade

Votes: 148 15.4%
  • Audino

Votes: 30 3.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 74 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derp, my bad. Thanks guys. That's awesome, beedrill will surely make it to OU now and it can even run adamant! Kind of a shame that it's still paper thin though and that most steel types wall the shit out of it, but I'm sure it will have a good time in OU regardless.

Look at how fast the OU metagame is going to be with all these new megas... kinda scary.
Mega mence and gross are looking particularly nasty. Base 130 defence for salamence (+ intimidate lel) is massive and base 105 spatk for metagross... jesus.
Mence looks broken as shit, not sure about gross though. On paper it does too but I'd like to test it out.

you ruined my dreams of mega sal in OU. welp. :/ the shit is broken af with that kind of defense. smh

tough claws kinda makes up for the minor atk boost
Yeah, exactly what it needed.
I'm not saying the point is minor or that's not what it needed, just

40 whole points! I find it both ridiculous and amazing it worked so well for the mega computer but damn. I'm scared of that thing O_o

Slowbro is just going to break the game if he is allowed to... as for Mpidgeot...121 is just a big troll...seriosly 2 points away from outspeeding ninja?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxsim4rKzh1qmutyeo1_500.jpg

I personally think it's a troll (not you, the source), but I guess it'd be fun to theorymon these stats.
I hope so. I was actually thinking it'd be nice for Mega Mence to not be that good. I'd like to actually use it in OU. I never like things that are broken since it just means I can't use it in lower tiers. I'm really glad they made Beedrill seemingly ou viable though :D
Mega Dragonite better be good.

Yeah, if that leak is indeed true then Mega Beedrill will probably be OU. X Scissors and Poison Jab are going to be hitting real fucking hard and most Steel-types don't like switching into Drill-Run / Knock Off. The only reliable swtch-ins i can think of off the top of my head are are Mega Scizor, Skarmory, rhyperior, and Mega Aerodactyl.

Mega altaria is looking to being extremely good as well. Extremely balanced stats with a great STAB move in Return and decent support moves such as Heal Bell and Roost seem extremely appealing. Its amazing typing lets it keep a lot of Pokemon such as Dragonite, Thundurus, Charizard, and Rotom-W in check. Definitely a top tier mega.

Mega Metagross is looking pretty solid as well and could even be more broken than aegislash. It counters so much crap like Lati@s, Azumarill, Clefable, etc, can outspeed a mast majority of the metagame, provides pursuit and SR support, and has a decent priority move in Bullet punch (not that your ever going to need it though lol). The only problem I see Mega Metagross having is a large amount of 4MSS, but even then I don't see that stopping it from being broken.

Honestly I think M-Bro might be more broken than mence... Or on par... We all laughed at shell armor, but now we pray for regenerator as it sets up 6 cms with impunity in our faces.
Yeah, when people heard "Shell Armor", everyone got so mad but I didn't understand why. I was one of those few people who said next CroCune, but nope, those people who refused to believe that now have to suffer through it once ORAS is out.

P-Groudon is going to get used because Ubers will happily latch onto any Kyogre counter not named gastrodon, and p-groundon fits the bill nicely with the sheer trollyness of ability + typing (seriously, they gave a mon with a 4* weakness to water an ability that makes water moves FAIL). Countering Xernas is a nice bonus too.

Mega Slowbro: Gosh dang.... I'm actually going to have to seriously consider running this guy. With defenses like those, megacrobro could wall megacross with an ID or two (and I know just the guy to give him some.....).

Mega Sableye: Literally everything I had hoped for and more, MOVE OVER ESPEON, YOU'RE TIME IS THROUGH!

Mega Beedrill: The sheer amount of min-maxing that occurred here is hilarious(and 100% needed). Mega Beedrill is literally a better CB Ninjask in every way imaginable. ~WebBowser 2014

Mega Lopunny: That speed tier tho, gosh dang this thing is gonna be a threat.

Mega Alteria: Move over zard-x, a new bulky DDer has arrived! Seriously, I 100% expect this thing to be a premier bulky attacker in OU, as well as a much needed breath of fresh air for stall and semi-stall.

Mega Salemance : yup, still broken.

That's about all I have to say

Though these stats are believable, I still think we should operate under the presumption that they could change anytime from now until release, even though it does make for some interesting theorymoning.

P-Groudon is going to get used because Ubers will happily latch onto any Kyogre counter not named gastrodon, and p-groundon fits the bill nicely with the sheer trollyness of ability + typing (seriously, they gave a mon with a 4* weakness to water an ability that makes water moves FAIL). Countering Xernas is a nice bonus too.

Mega Slowbro: Gosh dang.... I'm actually going to have to seriously consider running this guy. With defenses like those, megacrobro could wall megacross with an ID or two (and I know just the guy to give him some.....).

Mega Sableye: Literally everything I had hoped for and more, MOVE OVER ESPEON, YOU'RE TIME IS THROUGH!

Mega Beedrill: The sheer amount of min-maxing that occurred here is hilarious(and 100% needed). Mega Beedrill is literally a better CB Ninjask in every way imaginable. ~WebBowser 2014

Mega Lopunny: That speed tier tho, gosh dang this thing is gonna be a threat.

Mega Alteria: Move over zard-x, a new bulky DDer has arrived! Seriously, I 100% expect this thing to be a premier bulky attacker in OU, as well as a much needed breath of fresh air for stall and semi-stall.

Mega Salemance : yup, still broken.

That's about all I have to say
God damn it man -_-

Also, agree on te Mega Altaria idea except it lacks the beautiful coverage of Char X tho.

So, what exactly would have to happen for Salamence to not get a suspect test?

Edit: I got it! Mega Glalie is going to become a top threat, and all dragons, even Ubers like rayquaza will be rendered unviable in OU! That's right, Mega Salamence is coming to BL!

Mega Sableye is a really cool pokemon, and I feel has a lot of potential. Consider this scenario:
1. Send out Sableye.
2. Use Recover/Calm Mind/Taunt
3. Prankster gives you +1 priority for your move of choice.
4. Your sableye now has +1 priority, Magic Bounce, and over 100 defenses and one of the best typings in the game
5. Sell that fucking ruby for as many 99 cent mashed potatoes as you can carry and sprinkle that shit on the other mega peasants.

Mega Altaria. It's Dragon and Fairy typing. This thing's gonna be like nothing less than god's gift to the land. This thing might even get banned if we find the best spread for it. Cotton Guard Altaria is gonna sweep the tier I swear!

Mega Glalie is garbage. The only question I have is: How long will it take to plummet to NU?

Mega Slowbro? Usually, I'm not one to advocating the ban of defensive pokemon but....god almighty.

Mega Metagross is looking good, but mega evolution doesn't fix the core problem that it can only run 4 moves.

Mega Salamence needs a quick ban. He lives OUTRAGES from Garchomp. Like, hello?

Mega Beedrill is going to be terrible. Look at that defense. Now look at is HP stat, now back at its' sp.defense stat. I hope you enjoy RU, buddy!

Mega Beedrill is going to be terrible. Look at that defense. Now look at is HP stat, now back at its' sp.defense stat. I hope you enjoy RU, buddy!
Did you miss its speed and atk stat? With offenses like that it has all the defense it needs, kill before being hit. It is far from being RU, especially being a speedy U-turner as those are a cinch to fit in. At the very least it will be UU, but still a viable OU mon.

So, what exactly would have to happen for Salamence to not get a suspect test?

Edit: I got it! Mega Glalie is going to become a top threat, and all dragons, even Ubers like rayquaza will be rendered unviable in OU! That's right, Mega Salamence is coming to BL!
give everyone on smogon a dollar.
and post nood

Did you miss its speed and atk stat? With offenses like that it has all the defense it needs, kill before being hit. It is far from being RU, especially being a speedy U-turner as those are a cinch to fit in. At the very least it will be UU, but still a viable OU mon.
Better attack and better speed doesn't change the fact that Bug/Poison is a terrible offensive typing, god awful defenses, weakness to stealth rock, weak to flying and a barren movepool of low base power moves.

Better attack and better speed doesn't change the fact that Bug/Poison is a terrible offensive typing, god awful defenses, weakness to stealth rock, weak to flying and a barren movepool of low base power moves.
I wouldn't say U-turn/Poison Jab/Drill Run/Knock off is necessarily barren or lacking in coverage. While it could use Megahorn/Gunk Shot U-turn for what it is helps in its attempt at late game sweeping, or just plain chip damage. And I wouldn't worry about SR so much given the prevalence of hazard removal in OU.

While you may have to worry about priority being a U-turner also means mind games of switches so... It is just as much a game of tag here. With nothing immune to U-turn unlike Volt-switch it does have that advantage. Aside easily patched weaknesses handled by something like Rotom-W. It also has the advantage of being inherently fast without the need for a choice scarf, and having the luxury to switch moves, this is a big thing for a Volt-turn core.

Last edited:
Mega Beedrill is really frail, but one has to consider something: It's only weak to Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack and Talonflame's... everything, among all forms of priority. Ok, it only resists Mach Punch/Vacuum Cut, and other common priority moves can OHKO with SR, but it's something of note.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mega Beedrill is really frail, but one has to consider something: It's only weak to Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack and Talonflame's... everything, among all forms of priority. Ok, it only resists Mach Punch/Vacuum Cut, and other common priority moves can OHKO with SR, but it's something of note.
Most priority does a shit ton anyway since you have 60/40 bulk.

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 160-190 (59 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 211-249 (77.8 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (guaranteed after Stealth Rock)
244 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 172-203 (63.4 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 295-348 (108.8 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 224-264 (82.6 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 280-331 (103.3 - 122.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 171-202 (63 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Most priority does a shit ton anyway since you have 60/40 bulk.

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 160-190 (59 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 211-249 (77.8 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (guaranteed after Stealth Rock)
244 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 172-203 (63.4 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 295-348 (108.8 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 224-264 (82.6 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 280-331 (103.3 - 122.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill: 171-202 (63 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Ok, I overestimated neutrality on those moves. My bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)