Other ORAS Egg/Tutor Moves + General Theorymon Thead

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem to not be scared of Crawdaunt getting Razor Shell.

People also seem to forget that Razor Shell has a 50% chance of lowering the opponent's Defense by 1 stage.

Still most likely not as good as the immediate power of Crabhammer, but it's food for thought.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Weavile can now run Knock Off + Icicle Crash
+ Low Kick

I'm hoping for a Freeze Dry Move Tutor.
But I'm mostly hoping for a Slack Off Move Tuor. (for Swampert)
Unfortunately there isn't, at least not from the information in the demo.

I'm surprised they didn't add XY's gimmick moves like freeze dry or the terrains to the tutors. At least focus punch is back.

Reactions: zbr
People seem to not be scared of Crawdaunt getting Razor Shell.

People also seem to forget that Razor Shell has a 50% chance of lowering the opponent's Defense by 1 stage.

Still most likely not as good as the immediate power of Crabhammer, but it's food for thought.
Crawdaunt needs to hit as hardly as possibly as quickly as possible, it doesn't have time to hope for defense drops because of how slow and frail it is. It's not like anything outside of bulky resists can take two Adaptability Crabhammers anyway.

• Hawlucha gets Zen Headbutt, Tailwind, Iron Head and Focus Punch
  • Klefki and Sylveon both get Magic Coat
  • Trevenant gets Seed Bomb, Pain Split, Foul Play, Drain Punch, Magic Coat and Trick
  • Hoopa gets Dual Chop, Signal Beam, Gunk Shot, all elemental punches, Knock Off, Drain Punch, Focus Punch, Foul Play and Zen Headbutt

• Hawlucha gets Zen Headbutt, Tailwind, Iron Head and Focus Punch
  • Klefki and Sylveon both get Magic Coat
  • Trevenant gets Seed Bomb, Pain Split, Foul Play, Drain Punch, Magic Coat and Trick
  • Hoopa gets Dual Chop, Signal Beam, Gunk Shot, all elemental punches, Knock Off, Drain Punch, Focus Punch, Foul Play and Zen Headbutt
I was hoping Hoopa would get Agility...

Last edited:
Why didn't you mention Ice Punch for Greninja?
Physical Sets don't have to go mixed anymore for Ice Beam. :D

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 232 SAtk / 240 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

This will become the new go-to Greninja set. Attack EVs guarantee the OHKO on standard AV Azu (240 HP variant). Every other fairy is soundly 2HKOed, but getting a OHKO on Azu can allow you a second chance should you miss on the switch. 240 speed outspeeds Timid Sceptile pre Mega, while the rest go into SAtk to do what Ninja does best. Any of you who doubt Ninjas place in S rank seriously should reconsider once this set becomes usable. G_g offense.

40 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 406-478 (101.2 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
40 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 359-424 (91.1 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
40 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 315-374 (79.9 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

rip fairies
Hidden Power Fire or Grass Knot is better on the last slot. For example, with Hidden Power Fire, only Alomomola, Suicune, and Chansey wall Greninja, two of which can't wall it anymore if they get their items Knocked Off (Alomomola and Chansey). Ice Beam is nice for some 1 v 1 matchups, for example against Garchomp and Dragonite, but Dark Pulse covers Lati@s just fine, and Gunk Shot + Hidden Power Fire cover Mega Altaria and Grass-type.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hidden Power Fire or Grass Knot is better on the last slot. For example, with Hidden Power Fire, only Alomomola, Suicune, and Chansey wall Greninja, two of which can't wall it anymore if they get their items Knocked Off (Alomomola and Chansey). Ice Beam is nice for some 1 v 1 matchups, for example against Garchomp and Dragonite, but Dark Pulse covers Lati@s just fine, and Gunk Shot + Hidden Power Fire cover Mega Altaria and Grass-type.
Yeah true. It's just that I'm so used to usin Ice Beam that I only found it natural to include it. I'd still say that it's still a decent option for Chomp and DNite like you said though. If anything, Hydro Pump might be the best thing to replace unless like Heatran or I guess Hippo (?) give you problems, seeing as it's main use is to hit switch ins hard, and fairies were his best switch ins, but Gunk Shot takes care of them. Idk. It's just that Ice Beam seems to be one of the most useful coverage moves on him and Hydro Pump isn't hitting too many things SE compared to his coverage moves.

I think Foul Play Gourgeist will probably be a thing as well as Synthesis. Gives it a good attack to use on all targets and is probably better than Phantom Force.
Gourgeist-Small @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Foul Play
- Substitute/Synthesis

In addition to Clone's set on the previous page, this set will also be good, mainly for nabbing Chansey:
Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse/Ice Beam/Extrasensory
It 2HKOs Chansey after Stealth Rock with either physical move, and has just enough Sp. Atk to 2HKO specific threats with the right coverage on the Special side. Low Kick 2HKOs Ferrothorn and Gunk Shot OHKOs fully defensive Clefable, while Hydro Pump 2HKOs Sp. Def Skarmory. The 4th moveset targets either Slowbro, Mandibuzz/Amoonguss, or Venusaur/Amoonguss specifically.

Last edited:
No knock off ninja? I was really looking forward to that being a thing too. :(

Refrigerate Specs Hyper Voice sounds pretty scary tbh, not really sure how relevant that will make Aurorus however.

Also...

EARTH POWER VOLCANION + CRUNCH GYARADOS HYPE

What is the relevance of Volcanion getting Earth Power? It already hits steels + Heatran covered, there aren't that many grounded Electric types in OU, and it isn't worried about rock pokemon. If anything I'd think Superpower is more of an improvement for it?

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In addition to Vertex's set on the previous page, this set will also be good, mainly for nabbing Chansey:
Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse/Ice Beam/Extrasensory
It 2HKOs Chansey after Stealth Rock with either physical move, and has just enough Sp. Atk to 2HKO specific threats with the right coverage on the Special side. Low Kick 2HKOs Ferrothorn and Gunk Shot OHKOs fully defensive Clefable, while Hydro Pump 2HKOs Sp. Def Skarmory. The 4th moveset targets either Slowbro, Mandibuzz/Amoonguss, or Venusaur/Amoonguss specifically.
Bro that was my set... Vertex hasn't posted in this thread.

I also think Ice Punch should be slashed with Hydro, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)