ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that Lati@s should have at least 3 perfect IVs because it's a legend
Even with this, it's probably gonna be frustrating cause by that point you likely won't have the IV guy yet and you might have a whole bunch of cutscenes to skip through, if the Lucario thing is any indication. I'm probably just not gonna bother with it and box it unless I'm required to use it.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Even with this, it's probably gonna be frustrating cause by that point you likely won't have the IV guy yet and you might have a whole bunch of cutscenes to skip through, if the Lucario thing is any indication. I'm probably just not gonna bother with it and box it unless I'm required to use it.
If Game Freak has mercy, we can reject it, save, then accept it. If Game Freak is sadist, the Diancie cutscene will feel instant in comparison. Also, you can use an IV calculator and Rare Candies (You might have to go out of you way or trade for them.) to find out the IVs so not having the IV guy isn't that bad.

This is obvious, but I'm still saying it. If you use Lati@s in a Nuzloke, it shouldn't count as a Nuzloke.
Edit: Except use as a HM Slave

Last edited:
You know what, i'm generally excited for the new character thats coming in! She looks so different and unique, lets just hope pokemon dont fuck her up. n-n

The more GameFreak promotes the current revealed Megas, the more I believe there won't be any new ones.
The more I look at Mega Steelix's orbital iron shards, the more I think it should have gotten Magnet Pull.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Remember that Lati@s should have at least 3 perfect IVs because it's a legend
Reminder that wild Riolu is also guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, yet for some reason the Lucario we get only has one. There's a good chance that the Lati@s we get from the story will have terrible IVs.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reminder that Riolu is also guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, yet somehow the Lucario we get only has one. There's a good chance that the Lati@s we get from the story will have terrible IVs.
well lucario can breed so... why would it get 3 guaranteed 31s just because its base form can't breed. Wild marill/azumarill don't have 3 automatic 31s just because azurill can't breed.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well lucario can breed so... why would it get 3 guaranteed 31s just because its base form can't breed. Wild marill/azumarill don't have 3 automatic 31s just because azurill can't breed.
Fair enough. It's still going to probably have a set nature and IVs (i.e. you cannot soft reset for a good Lati@s), so it's not going to be too useful in battle spot, unless Game Freak felt really generous and gave out Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31.

Meanwhile in Australia we have to put up with Americanized terms and spelling like mom instead of "mum" and trash instead of "bin." Sure it's a minor annoyance because we say mum exactly the way it's written so it feels odd to me to read the word mom and in my head read mum... it just feels so unnatural. However it means nothing to the actual story and the overall meaning is still clear. So I guess Gf do a good job of blending different usages together to keep everyone happy.
Really? I understand complaining about the usage of Imperial units, but you don't hear me complain when I'm reading Harry Potter and they say "jumper" instead of "sweater".
Sorry, but this kind of nitpicking just drives me up the wall.
Fair enough. It's still going to probably have a set nature and IVs (i.e. you cannot soft reset for a good Lati@s), so it's not going to be too useful in battle spot, unless Game Freak felt really generous and gave out Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31.
That would make everyone's lives easy. Since this is coming from the same company that took four generations to give us the physical/special split, five generations to give us infinite use TMs, and six generations to make it feasible for people to get perfect IVs without RNG manipluation, I highly doubt it. I'm hoping for the best and it will be random nature and three random perfect IVs.

Cheers ThePlaneWalker

This is fantastic.
I like to think that youngster said "My Zigzagoon is in the top percentage of Zigzagoon!"

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The problem with giving out free 31s is that it excludes Hidden Power which many legendaries need. There will still be XY League to play if you want to use your RNG abused mons....probably its biggest draw if you don't want to spend forever soft resetting. Xerneas made me feel defeated after a week straight, fuck softresetting 20 some legends lol

Bleh, why are we assuming that Lati@s would have set nature + IVs? All the Lati@s in previous gens were randomized (ignoring R/S roamer glitch) and I don't see why it would be different this time. Drawing a complete parallel to Lucario is a bit of a stretch. Korrina's Lucario is kind of like an in-game trade, akin to Diantha's Ralts or Shauna's starter. Now, if Steven were giving us *his* Lati, I can see that happening, but the in-game dialogue suggests that it's wild. This is more similar to Xerneas / Yveltal where you "save" a legend and then it wants to join you cos you're OMG!111!!!!SPECIAL.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Meanwhile in Australia we have to put up with Americanized terms and spelling like mom instead of "mum" and trash instead of "bin." Sure it's a minor annoyance because we say mum exactly the way it's written so it feels odd to me to read the word mom and in my head read mum... it just feels so unnatural. However it means nothing to the actual story and the overall meaning is still clear. So I guess Gf do a good job of blending different usages together to keep everyone happy.
How about this, when they base a region on another English speaking country they'll use their form of English.

Cheers ThePlaneWalker

This is fantastic.
I think this pretty much confirms no more new Megas. Anyway it was a nice trailer. :)

0:20: What are with Pokemon waking up their trainers by attacking them?
0:27: HEY! How come May got two starter Pokemon! Let me guess, in this she's Professor Birch's daughter, hmph.
0:33: Torchic, the forever buttmonkey.
0:52: Even though I know he's not named "Youngster Joey" in Japan, you always gotta have a Youngster Joey in somewhere.
1:18: Please, Mudkip didn't need to evolve to beat Roxanne, Torchic does but not Mudkip.
1:32: Even though it's now confirmed to be a hat, Sceptile just wants to make sure.
1:57: Who's launching Carvanha missiles at Mega Swampert?
2:21: This battle represents the international community's (Mega Glalie) opinion on Japan (Mega Steelix) giving them a unique Mega Pokemon which everyone wants and giving them a Mega Pokemon no one really cares about. But hey, give this to Mega Glalie, in the trailer it's showing off all it can do.
2:29: Who put a Beedrill up against a Camerupt? At what point did you think that was a type match-up that made sense?
2:41: OH, the "teeth" on Mega Sharpedo's nose can be pulled in or out, so I guess that screenshot on the main website hasn't been wrong afterall.
2:55: Well, that was easy. You'd think Mega Sableye would have foresaw that problem. And to add insult to injury it's not stuck under its giant gem...
3:06: DURBLE POKAMON CUNTASTS CONFURMED!!1!
3:16: ... So do you think Steven has Metagross put all those floor blocks back in place after every battle?
3:52: Hello new desktop background!

Bleh, why are we assuming that Lati@s would have set nature + IVs? All the Lati@s in previous gens were randomized (ignoring R/S roamer glitch) and I don't see why it would be different this time. Drawing a complete parallel to Lucario is a bit of a stretch. Korrina's Lucario is kind of like an in-game trade, akin to Diantha's Ralts or Shauna's starter. Now, if Steven were giving us *his* Lati, I can see that happening, but the in-game dialogue suggests that it's wild. This is more similar to Xerneas / Yveltal where you "save" a legend and then it wants to join you cos you're OMG!111!!!!SPECIAL.
While a set nature and completely set IV's is still up in the air, it is guaranteed to have 3 flawless IV's due to being a part of the unbreedable egg group. As that is a generation game mechanic, any part of Gen 6 will follow that. This detail is also why catchable Budew has 3 flawless while Roselia does not (same deal with Riolu vs Lucario, people are just confusing the reason why. It's the egg group that determines it).

While this is overall a very good thing, some picky commited people will have more work getting small details like all 31 IV's or the right hidden power type (although why you would want hidden power on Lati@s is beyond me).

While a set nature and completely set IV's is still up in the air, it is guaranteed to have 3 flawless IV's due to being a part of the unbreedable egg group. As that is a generation game mechanic, any part of Gen 6 will follow that. This detail is also why catchable Budew has 3 flawless while Roselia does not (same deal with Riolu vs Lucario, people are just confusing the reason why. It's the egg group that determines it).

While this is overall a very good thing, some picky commited people will have more work getting small details like all 31 IV's or the right hidden power type (although why you would want hidden power on Lati@s is beyond me).
I agree with the 3 flawless IVs :) I was mostly reacting to the posters saying that Lati@s would have set crappy nature like Korrina's hasty Lucario, which seemed to be based on almost nothing. SR-ing for a competitively viable one would still be a pain in the butt.

It's pretty cool that Extremespeed Linoone is coming back. So much nostalgia.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Have you ever played OU? HP Fire and HP Fighting are both things for both of them.

Last edited:
Have you ever played OU? HP Fire and HP Fighting are both thing for both of them.
I guess you have a point, but I usually run surf and trick (or for Latias her supportive moves). But that's neither here nor there.

One minor secret nobody mentions is the prescence of the Johto starter dolls in a secret base. In conjunction with their attempts to get all the legendaries together in one generation, I think it's safe to say we will get the other starters at some point in the game. You know, just like HGSS did.

How's that for secrets they didn't reveal yet. Are you guys placated for now?

Why is nobody commenting on sexy-ass Diancie vs Gallade swordfight
Seriously that was just... AGH FUCK beautiful
Give Diancie secret sword plz
This. This so much. Despite lasting less than 15 seconds, it's definitely one of the best parts of the trailer.
Diancie conjuring a BFS out of diamonds is already quite something, but then you add Gallade waving its marvellous cape from right to left, dashing at Diancie with blind fury and the two of them slashing savagely, making the battlefield shake as their blades connect. You know they mean business.

Why is nobody commenting on sexy-ass Diancie vs Gallade swordfight
Seriously that was just... AGH FUCK beautiful
Give Diancie secret sword plz
I kind of got distracted and only watched it just now, but yeah, that was amazing. I don't even care that it doesn't make sense with Diancie's movepool. (Maybe Diamond storm if you stretch it.)

So has the leaker confirmed where and when they are in the game? The Lati@s at level 30 holds credence due to the screenshot, of course, but I haven't seen any more actual commentary about where they are aside from the initial gross 4chan thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)