Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please make it so megas have the same sprites on the april fool's version of the server, so we don't see broken pictures when things mega-evolve due to the mega not existing yet at that time. I like to play with the ridiculous sprites so it would be appreciated and should be really easy to implement. Simply copy the picture used for april fools and rename the copied pic as the mega-version.

Thanks.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Please make it so megas have the same sprites on the april fool's version of the server, so we don't see broken pictures when things mega-evolve due to the mega not existing yet at that time. I like to play with the ridiculous sprites so it would be appreciated and should be really easy to implement. Simply copy the picture used for april fools and rename the copied pic as the mega-version.

Thanks.
I can assure you that they are working on these issues already. They are working on the mega stones right now, so I am pretty sure the sprites are next.

Just one.

Please.

A FRIENDS LIST. IT WOULD BE AMAZING. OR FOLLOWERS. SOMETHING.
Just like DFB3636 said, this has been brought up several times. I believe a friendsystem was made already. They didn't put this in because it would put too much pressure on the server. For now all we can do is pray that this will be implemented later.

Yes. That would be insanely hard to code, let alone implement on the server without lag.
Oh well, thanks for answering

Also i still have trouble with PS ladder, i can't get into any battle, i know this is not the forum to post it, can you please link me to the right forum?

Anyway, I find the music chosen to be a little jarring. Perhaps give multiple options for music (separate generations) and make the 'no music' button a little more obvious? I couldn't find it for awhile, and it was bugging me.
That's one of those little differences between the Play and Replay sites that bugs me. In fact, I think it would be neat if you could Instant Replay while watching a battle, and then step through turn-by-turn as with a Replay.

Anyway, the feature request I came here to make is the option to switch sides when watching or replaying a battle. (Or even while playing, I want to see what my team looks like from the front!)

Edit: Oops, I didn't mean to reply to such an old message. Sorry about that.

Not Canadian

always start with a bang
With replays currently down, I wonder if it would be too hard to implement a system where text logs can be converted into replays and vice versa. I think it could also have the added effect of allowing a player to visualize what might happen in a specific scenario they've devised, provided they can construct a battle log correctly.

That, or have the share replay function temporarily create a text log file?

With replays currently down, I wonder if it would be too hard to implement a system where text logs can be converted into replays and vice versa. I think it could also have the added effect of allowing a player to visualize what might happen in a specific scenario they've devised, provided they can construct a battle log correctly.

That, or have the share replay function temporarily create a text log file?
Converting replays into text logs is trivial. However, converting logs into replays would be harder than fixing the replay server issues... It would be an interesting feature, however.

Also, the replays are getting fixed soon™

Pretty sure you meant censor.
My suggestion is regarding the /tour command. Currently, it looks like this when you type out the command:
  • Italiano: OU Single Elimination (Started)
  • Ubers: Ubers Double Elimination (Started)
  • UnderUsed: UU Single Elimination (Started)
  • Tournaments: 1v1 Double Elimination (Started)
  • NeverUsed: NU Single Elimination (Started)
  • RarelyUsed: RU Single Elimination (Started)
  • Français: Random Battle Single Elimination (Started)
  • Deutsche: OU Single Elimination (Started)
  • PU: PU Single Elimination
  • Monotype: Inverse Battle Single Elimination
This is fine and all but certain confusion can be derived when seeing what tours have already started and which tours are still in signups. My suggestion is dividing the result of the /tour command into two columns: one entitled "Started" and the other entitled "In signups" or something to that effect. In general, people use the /tour command to see what tournaments they can participate in, not what tournaments they can spectate. It would be clearer for users to see which tournaments they can join because the current system is just a blob of text, and is in my opinion pretty hard to decipher. This solution is also effective because it does not place much stress on the server: same box size, same amount of text, just a table. In my mind I envision it in columns so that Started and In signups are next to each other with a line vertically splitting them up, but I suppose a horizontal division is also appealing.

about tournaments, that'd be great if we could be highlighted just for specific tournaments

In example, if i want to just be highlighted on Gen5OU, OU, Random Battle and CC 1v1 tours, i wont be highlighted for Monotype tours (especially when you are on room Tournaments waiting for this kind of tours).

In addition, sometimes i got highlighted for nothing and my PC slow down a lot, so is it possible to be highlighted for tours while I am not on the room?

That'd be really nice features (y)

Also can be added to the OP the things were taking into account? Like folders in teambuilder i guess you are working on since it has been asked a lot of time for example n_n

Last edited:
Feature request: In the teambuilder, there should be the option to add a move to a Pokemon that is randomly either Return or Frustration, and correspondingly the Pokemon's Happiness will be set to 255 or 0. There should also be an option (and it should be the default choice unless you add Return/Frustration as a move) that instead of setting Happiness to a specific number, you randomly set it to either 255 or 0. The point of this is to recognize that choosing between Return and Frustration (and max or min Happiness) is a pure 50/50 (that matters when an opposing Pokemon uses Transform/Imposter/Mimic/Copycat/Mirror Move). This is very similar to the default option that already exists to randomly assign the Gender of a Pokemon.

I have the best suggestion, ever.
Implement a limit for repeated characters in each message (3-4 characters max) as a sort of anti-spam measure.
For example, if I type "hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" in the chat, it will come out as "hiii" and ignore the rest of the I's.
This won't stop spam completely, obviously, but will definitely eliminate unnecessary character spamming, which I see a lot in places like the Lobby and will help the staff have a bit more peace and have to deal with less dumb spammers.

while that is a good idea, I do have a problem with that, I have seen people who have usernames like leeeeeeeeeroy or something similar and while I get it, it's stretching, they'd have to add special highlights for that and it's just strange if there's a leroy and a leeeeeeeeeroy for example.

Could it be possible to not to change the writing window while I join a battle?
For example I am chatting in a room/with a friend while looking for a battle and while I am midline it just takes the text into the new window (and if I have been too quick I could also press enter and type something stupid too lol) and that is really annoying :/
Nothing too big but it would be cool if the text remained the same "textbox"

I'm probably not the only one, but I keep accidentally closing my windows during battles, and I can't get back in to them. could we have a button that solves this, so that if we press it, we can go back to battle we accidentally left?

Hey there, I'm wondering if it's possible to have a feature where in a certain room, roomauth (or even mods+) can mute/warn people who were in a room and posted, but are no longer in that room. A lot of the times it's quite time consuming to have to break scream links from users who post and then leave (hit and run) and sometimes if they /nick they're unbreakable links.

To prevent abuse, perhaps it's possible to only have the command work if the user is still online, and has been 'seen' in the room at least 5 minutes prior to the mute?

Another suggestion (perhaps to be handled by the boTTT team) is to have it so that if a user is muted in, say, 5+ rooms, to have that user either be auto-muted/locked in other rooms for a certain amount of time? I could see this being useful in stopping spammers who jump from room to room, staying in the lesser populated rooms.

Adding to what Shgeldz says, having BoTTT in the lobby could also be nice so we could have a complete .seen system... That could be quite useful for looking for people for tours, or just if you need to talk to someone else about something. I like shgeldz's idea of Bottt locking for multiple room spamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)