Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but, this is not logic, because all people don't know programming can't have a server, this is not so respecful.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Yeah but, this is not logic, because all people don't know programming can't have a server, this is not so respecful.
It doesn't even require any programming knowledge, just to imput a few commands in a command prompt...

I have a suggestion... but for the forum, not for PS. If you want view my post, go to the suggestion section for the forum.

I have a suggestion... but for the forum, not for PS. If you want view my post, go to the suggestion section for the forum.
Hi there!

In the future, you might want to be more clear about what you're trying to say. It's kind of hard to read your posts and gather exactly what you mean. Did you mean that you have a suggestion for Smogon, and not for PS? If so, you might want to post here about it (but I don't see any posts from you in that thread about anything? oO). It's just that making posts like what you just did is rather useless and kind of cluttering up the thread for no good reason, sadly.

Smogon no longer has a "Suggestions" section and as such is replaced with said thread. On the other hand, if you're talking about a suggestion for PS forums (in which case, you might want to change your wording a bit), then it'd be wise to kind of quote what you said previously in this thread if it has been missed, just so people know what it is, and be done with it.

On the random battles ladder, ninetales and politoed sets are at level 88 (PU tier level), with drought and drizzle as their respective abilities, despite these abilities being banned in UU and below. This results in these pokemon being overpowered compared to almost all other pokemon in random battles. This is most pronounced (IMO) with Ninetales, who has a very good speed tier along with nasty plot, solar beam and one of the strongest Fire moves in the game (Darmanitan's (itemless) sheer force boosted flare blitz is slightly stronger, though this has considerable recoil, and darmanitan has worse defenses and speed tier than ninetales, too) . For comparison:

84 SpA Ninetales (Level 88) Fire Blast vs. 84 HP / 84 SpD Mew (Level 78) in sun : 153-180 (53.8 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
84 Atk Victini (Level 78) V-create vs. 84 HP / 84 Def Mew (Level 78) : 153-180 (53.8 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
84 SpA Reshiram (Level 72) Blue Flare vs. 84 HP / 84 SpD Mew (Level 78) : 129-153 (45.4 - 53.8%) -- 36.3% chance to 2HKO. (Reshiram might actually be level 70 in random battles; hard (for me) to check) .

Suggestion: Either have Ninetales'/Politoed's levels reduced to one in line with their power levels (Not too far, possibly RU/UU tier, since the team as a whole isn't likely to gain much advantage from the weather) , or disallow drought/drizzle as their abilities (or a mix, like with contrary/overgrow serperior being at different levels) .

Last edited:
On random battle, Sigilyph can be a bit of a problem to deal with, only real option for defeating it is houndoom or getting a heavy buffed poke out early in the game. It's immune to most status effects, recovers with roost, burns enemies to cut physicals from acting, heavy defense boost with cosmic, and deals massive with stored power if able to set up(which can be hard to prevent when it heals, gains def to set up, and is immune to traditional anti-buffing techniques). Requesting either a removal or alteration of moveset/ability in the random pool.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
The primal pokemons' respective abilities don't mention that water/fire moves don't work in their respective weather conditions :P

I think the tier called "CAP" is similiar to what your looking for.
i know of CAP, and i am actually really fond of it, its just that they are quite slow with new pokemon coming maybe 3-4 times a year? toss in a lot of Delta pokemon and new megas from zeta/omicron, and insurgance and id be the happiest CAP player in the world

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i know of CAP, and i am actually really fond of it, its just that they are quite slow with new pokemon coming maybe 3-4 times a year? toss in a lot of Delta pokemon and new megas from zeta/omicron, and insurgance and id be the happiest CAP player in the world
Fangames will not be supported on the main server. You are welcome, however, to start a server of your own to add new Pokemon.

Make a new battle teir. Call it OP Hackmons and alow any ability, any moves and as much EVs as you like. It would really be anything goes.

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.
What do you think of a chat lock : Duration 24 Hours Mutes the players in chat and PM's with users below Global Driver (Still can talk to Room Owners) allowing them to speak to RO unlike a normal lock. They also are allowed to speak in unrated battles but the battles they are in are not joinable by other users, making it so other users that want to speak with them actually can but people who don't cannot. Sometimes a mute is very little punishment and a lock is too harsh, in fact that is true the majority of the time. I would like to see this put into action to test however if it sounds too troublesome reply back saying so.

Thank you, The Diabolic Gift

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Didn't exactly know where to put this so here we go:

Boomburst isn't listed on the 'list of viable moves' which is strange because as far as i know it's great on 3/4 of the mons that get it.

I mean i usually end up just typing the moves so it actually doesn't bother me at all but someone else pointed this out and I thought someone might be anal enough about it.

For Battle Spot Doubles (Actually, any Battle Spot ladder), can you guys implement illegal movesets? Pokemon have to be Kalos or Hoenn Born to compete on battle spot, meaning the section on Serebii's Pokedex labeled "Transfer Only Moves" dictates moves that Pokemon can not use on Battle Spot. I faced a Seismic Toss / Mud Slap Mega Kangaskhan and I most definitely should not have been able to find someone using that.

For Battle Spot Doubles (Actually, any Battle Spot ladder), can you guys implement illegal movesets? Pokemon have to be Kalos or Hoenn Born to compete on battle spot, meaning the section on Serebii's Pokedex labeled "Transfer Only Moves" dictates moves that Pokemon can not use on Battle Spot. I faced a Seismic Toss / Mud Slap Mega Kangaskhan and I most definitely should not have been able to find someone using that.
I'd say that is a bug. However, XY Battle spot can still use it IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)