ORAS Super Secret Bases Thread (Read the first post before posting!)

Anybody get a MasterBall yet? I've added around 50+ pals now with twice the skill usage and still nothing. I've gotten each and every item listed in Serebii except the MasterBall. What are the odds?

also, i believe that online friends whose friend codes you add will have their secret bases transmitted to your game as well. so if there's a bunch of people who add each other via fc, collect flags frequently, and come online pss a lot (i mean a lot), then technically it should be ridiculously easy to get flags each day. i never tried this though, but if anyone collects a bunch of flags and wants to try it out then let me know and add me while giving me your friend code
ok i found that this is a really good method to collect flags honestly. i have like two friends who collected a lot of flags today and i received 20-29 extra flags from each of them

if any of you collect flags daily and don't have your base in the same location as me, add my fc (1461-6931-9261; secret islet), tell me your fc and your base location, and try to go on pss regularly throughout the day as you collect flags so that we can both benefit from each other

ok i found that this is a really good method to collect flags honestly. i have like two friends who collected a lot of flags today and i received 20-29 extra flags from each of them

if any of you collect flags daily and don't have your base in the same location as me, add my fc (1461-6931-9261; secret islet), tell me your fc and your base location, and try to go on pss regularly throughout the day as you collect flags so that we can both benefit from each other
excuse my ignorance but how does coming online together increase flag count rather than taking them im confused

excuse my ignorance but how does coming online together increase flag count rather than taking them im confused
i explained it in my other posts, but read this thing i wrote and basically apply it to friends and not just passerby because it works that way too

this method is likely to be even better with friends because you're removing the randomness of who you meet, so if you add a bunch of people who collect flags and secret pal them the same day they're collecting and online on pss with you, they're likely to give you a good amount of extra flags when you talk to them, and you can do this pretty consistently

Last edited:
As soon as I got the Platinum flag, I started farming for 3 days and got this:

20141211_001010.jpg

So it's true after all! These guys can actually give you Master Balls.

Last edited:
how do you make the format doubles r triples
You have to use the Proclamation decoration (you get it when you meet Aarune for the first time, iirc) and then interact with it. It will then prompt you on which battle style you wish to have in your base...if I recall correctly.

Anyways, as if my wall of text in terms of the "Secret Skill" tiers wasn't enough...I went ahead and made a tier list on the Trainer Types (or whatever the heck they are called). The better the skill set they have (as well as the TIMING of when they get them), the higher I viewed them. This took me hours to identify and hours to type, to be very honest with you.

Just to clarify, I am not ripping on anyone for choosing differently. I'm just labelling those classes that can be a bit of help no matter the play-style you choose. So, feel free to go wild, or to choose with a bit of intelligence and planning.

So, without further ado, let me discuss this with you. Just like last time, expect walls of texts again (sorry).

Schoolkid (Male/Female)
Skill Set:
Make Some Goods, Picking Up, Pick Up Stones, Gather Berries

If you want a go-to Trainer Class with the best traits, then Schoolkids are by far the best choice. Although other classes get access to the Pickup/Stones combo, the Schoolkid class gets access to the combo the earliest, and since these two skills are arguably the best you can get considering their pay-off and flexibility, the little guys n' gals can get it done. Make Some Goods is in the best spot possible, available from the beginning. The only notable flaw is the last skill in Gather Berries, but that is the ONLY one. And yet...another class can fill that hole.

----------

Camper/Picnicker
Skill Set:
Gather Berries, Make Some Goods, Picking Up, Search For Treasure

I think Game Freak may have a thing for making little kids "game-breakers," because that is what the Camper can be with early access. They get the Berries/Goods combo the quickest out of every class, and they have the best 1/2/3 ordered skills in the game in my opinion. To put it bluntly, you can have access to stat-boosting berries or very powerful Contest berries as early as the 3rd Gym, which is downright fantastic. The Goods skill is nicely tucked in Bronze Rank so that you can use it to get some items in the future ranks. After that, you acquire Picking Up, a "game-breaker" that you can use in place of the earlier abilities. Search For Treasure is literally the ONLY flaw here, since the pace of their skills in tandem with progress of the game is downright god-like.

Delinquent/Street Thug
Skill Set:
Make Some Goods, Search For Treasure, Pick Up Stones, Do Some Training

Now I know what some of you are thinking, why are these hooligans all the way up here? Turns out they have a trait that makes them unique from every other class. These classes are the only ones capable of the Stones/Training combo, which is a major blessing for those raising/evolving Pokemon considering how time-consuming doing either one of the tasks can be. Unfortunately, they don't get access to the combo until you reach Gold Rank, but at least they can make some goods for you early before you use them to be your collector/training buddy.

----------

Beauty, Ninja Boy
Skill Set:
Make Some Goods, Pick Up Stones, Gather Berries, Picking Up

I bet you can already see why they are in A Tier. The Pickup/Stones combo really is as good as it sounds. These two classes actually have a unique perk compared to the Schoolkids. They get Pick Up Stones earlier, within Bronze Rank. The only problem is that the other piece to the combo doesn't become available until you get to Gold Rank, which really stinks, but there are skills that can be implemented as you collect flags, luckily.

----------

Guitarist, Hex Maniac, Lass, Swimmer
Skill Set:
Make Some Goods, Picking Up, Tell A Fortune, Search For Treasure

Fairy Tale Girl, Poke Maniac
Skill Set:
Make Some Goods, Tell A Fortune, Picking Up, Search For Treasure

These six classes have a unique combo in Pickup/Fortune. So what does this ultimately mean? You could say that these four classes, because of this combo, are the jacks-of-all-trades. Trying to evolve a Pokemon, go with Picking Up. Need to do something else, such as catch Pokemon or what-not, have them Tell A Fortune. As the old label goes, they are master of none, so they will not fill in a major role if you are looking for one...but they sure can patch up the empty areas. The only difference is which skill you pick up first in the combo. Believe it or not, Tell A Fortune can annihilate game balance with a Bronze Rank access, and need we say more on Picking Up? The choice is yours on these classes.

Pokemon Ranger (Male/Female)
Skill Set:
Gather Berries, Pick Up Stones, Make Some Goods, Do Some Exercise

Aroma Lady, (JonTron) Hiker
Skill Set:
Massages, Make Some Goods, Picking Up, Egg Nurturing

Had it not be for Pickup or Stones, these two would be lackluster, but they aren't. Yay!

The Pokemon Ranger gets early access to Gather Berries and Pick Up Stones outrageously early, which honestly is why they are B. Having these two abilities after Bronze Rank is really sweet. The only problem is those two other skills, which are outclassed or completely redundant.

The Aroma Lady and Hiker suffer the "two other skills problem" with Massages and Eggs, but the other two skills are nice. Make Some Goods at Bronze is a nice thing to use early until you get Picking Up, which is the only reason to warrant using these two classes.

Overall, the three classes have great merit, but some small flaws and therefore get outclassed by those with less flaws.

Battle Girl, Black Belt:
Skill Set:
Do Some Training, Massages, Make Some Goods, Do Some Exercise

Expert (Male/Female)
Skill Set:
Do Some Training, Massages, Do Some Exercise, Make Some Goods

The art of karate does not translate well to supporting skills. The one notable thing about these three classes is that they get Training the earliest out of all classes, which is their sole niche. Other than that, having three very mediocre skills is not doing any favors. I guess you could get these three early, but I'd ditch them if you want a "complete package" skill set.

Ace Trainer (Male/Female)
Skill Set:
Do Some Exercise, Make Some Goods, Do Some Training, Egg Nurturing

A mediocre class at best, really. Exercise as the first skill is the worst, period. Goods/Training is only an average 2/3 skill set, and Egg Nurturing is just garbage late-game. Pretty much outclassed by a majority of the cast.

----------

Poke Fan
Skill Set:
Massages, Gather Berries, Egg Nurturing, Make Some Goods

The Poke Fan is penultimate worst class that you can pick up. The only good thing about them is that they get Gather Berries a bit earlier than most...but why care when you have three other skills that are completely wasted (Egg Nurturing and Goods, I'm looking squarely at you)? Completely outclassed by anything with Gather Berries, so I'd stay away if you are looking for someone to lean on.

----------

Pokemon Breeder
Skill Set:
Massages, Do Some Exercise, Egg Nurturing, Make Some Goods

The Pokemon Breeder is easily the worst trainer class. The only difference between them and the Poke Fan is that they don't have a single ability that will last in the long-haul. Every skill that this class has is either timed horribly (Goods at Gold, aasldkvmpeqoi) or is outdone by in-game methods (EVs and Hatching). What a disaster...AVOID them like the plague if you want a Pal that gives support.

HOPEFULLY that is it. I hate typing for hours on end, actually. XD

EDIT: Didn't notice that I double-posted, so I went ahead and linked my posts together.

Last edited:
Well, as if my wall of text in terms of the "Secret Skill" tiers wasn't enough...I went ahead and made a tier list on the Trainer Types (or whatever the heck they are called). The better the skill set they have (as well as the TIMING of when they get them), the higher I viewed them. This took me hours to identify and hours to type, to be very honest with you.

Just to clarify, I am not ripping on anyone for choosing differently. I'm just labelling those classes that can be a bit of help no matter the play-style you choose. So, feel free to go wild, or to choose with a bit of intelligence and planning.

So, without further ado, let me discuss this with you. Just like last time, expect walls of texts again (sorry).

Schoolkid (Male/Female)
Skill Set:
Make Some Goods, Picking Up, Pick Up Stones, Gather Berries

If you want a go-to Trainer Class with the best traits, then Schoolkids are by far the best choice. Although other classes get access to the Pickup/Stones combo, the Schoolkid class gets access to the combo the earliest, and since these two skills are arguably the best you can get considering their pay-off and flexibility, the little guys n' gals can get it done. Make Some Goods is in the best spot possible, available from the beginning. The only notable flaw is the last skill in Gather Berries, but that is the ONLY one. And yet...another class can fill that hole.

----------

Camper
Skill Set:
Gather Berries, Make Some Goods, Picking Up, Search For Treasure

I think Game Freak may have a thing for making little kids "game-breakers," because that is what the Camper can be with early access. They get the Berries/Goods combo the quickest out of every class, and they have the best 1/2/3 ordered skills in the game in my opinion. To put it bluntly, you can have access to stat-boosting berries or very powerful Contest berries as early as the 3rd Gym, which is downright fantastic. The Goods skill is nicely tucked in Bronze Rank so that you can use it to get some items in the future ranks. After that, you acquire Picking Up, a "game-breaker" that you can use in place of the earlier abilities. Search For Treasure is literally the ONLY flaw here, since the pace of their skills in tandem with progress of the game is downright god-like.

Delinquent/Street Thug
Skill Set:
Make Some Goods, Search For Treasure, Pick Up Stones, Do Some Training

Now I know what some of you are thinking, why are these hooligans all the way up here? Turns out they have a trait that makes them unique from every other class. These classes are the only ones capable of the Stones/Training combo, which is a major blessing for those raising/evolving Pokemon considering how time-consuming doing either one of the tasks can be. Unfortunately, they don't get access to the combo until you reach Gold Rank, but at least they can make some goods for you early before you use them to be your collector/training buddy.

----------

Beauty, Ninja Boy
Skill Set:
Make Some Goods, Pick Up Stones, Gather Berries, Picking Up

I bet you can already see why they are in A Tier. The Pickup/Stones combo really is as good as it sounds. These two classes actually have a unique perk compared to the Schoolkids. They get Pick Up Stones earlier, within Bronze Rank. The only problem is that the other piece to the combo doesn't become available until you get to Gold Rank, which really stinks, but there are skills that can be implemented as you collect flags, luckily.

----------

Guitarist, Hex Maniac, Lass, Swimmer
Skill Set:
Make Some Goods, Picking Up, Tell A Fortune, Search For Treasure

Fairy Tale Girl, Poke Maniac
Skill Set:
Make Some Goods, Tell A Fortune, Picking Up, Search For Treasure

These six classes have a unique combo in Pickup/Fortune. So what does this ultimately mean? You could say that these four classes, because of this combo, are the jacks-of-all-trades. Trying to evolve a Pokemon, go with Picking Up. Need to do something else, such as catch Pokemon or what-not, have them Tell A Fortune. As the old label goes, they are master of none, so they will not fill in a major role if you are looking for one...but they sure can patch up the empty areas. The only difference is which skill you pick up first in the combo. Believe it or not, Tell A Fortune can annihilate game balance with a Bronze Rank access, and need we say more on Picking Up? The choice is yours on these classes.

Pokemon Ranger (Male/Female)
Skill Set:
Gather Berries, Pick Up Stones, Make Some Goods, Do Some Exercise

Aroma Lady, (JonTron) Hiker
Skill Set:
Massages, Make Some Goods, Picking Up, Egg Nurturing

Had it not be for Pickup or Stones, these two would be lackluster, but they aren't. Yay!

The Pokemon Ranger gets early access to Gather Berries and Pick Up Stones outrageously early, which honestly is why they are B. Having these two abilities after Bronze Rank is really sweet. The only problem is those two other skills, which are outclassed or completely redundant.

The Aroma Lady and Hiker suffer the "two other skills problem" with Massages and Eggs, but the other two skills are nice. Make Some Goods at Bronze is a nice thing to use early until you get Picking Up, which is the only reason to warrant using these two classes.

Overall, the three classes have great merit, but some small flaws and therefore get outclassed by those with less flaws.

Battle Girl, Black Belt:
Skill Set:
Do Some Training, Massages, Make Some Goods, Do Some Exercise

Expert (Male/Female)
Skill Set:
Do Some Training, Massages, Do Some Exercise, Make Some Goods

The art of karate does not translate well to supporting skills. The one notable thing about these three classes is that they get Training the earliest out of all classes, which is their sole niche. Other than that, having three very mediocre skills is not doing any favors. I guess you could get these three early, but I'd ditch them if you want a "complete package" skill set.

Ace Trainer (Male/Female)
Skill Set:
Do Some Exercise, Make Some Goods, Do Some Training, Egg Nurturing

A mediocre class at best, really. Exercise as the first skill is the worst, period. Goods/Training is only an average 2/3 skill set, and Egg Nurturing is just garbage late-game. Pretty much outclassed by a majority of the cast.

----------

Poke Fan
Skill Set:
Massages, Gather Berries, Egg Nurturing, Make Some Goods

The Poke Fan is penultimate worst class that you can pick up. The only good thing about them is that they get Gather Berries a bit earlier than most...but why care when you have three other skills that are completely wasted (Egg Nurturing and Goods, I'm looking squarely at you)? Completely outclassed by anything with Gather Berries, so I'd stay away if you are looking for someone to lean on.

----------

Pokemon Breeder
Skill Set:
Massages, Do Some Exercise, Egg Nurturing, Make Some Goods

The Pokemon Breeder is easily the worst trainer class. The only difference between them and the Poke Fan is that they don't have a single ability that will last in the long-haul. Every skill that this class has is either timed horribly (Goods at Gold, aasldkvmpeqoi) or is outdone by in-game methods (EVs and Hatching). What a disaster...AVOID them like the plague if you want a Pal that gives support.

HOPEFULLY that is it. I hate typing for hours on end, actually. XD
This. From my experience---about 2 weeks of farming flags and adding pals, I agree with almost everything here. I absolutely agree with the S and D/F Tier.
The rest, however, is IMO based on preferences really, their ranks getting shuffled from A to C. But if I'll rank them myself, I most likely could have made the same list.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Could someone edit the OP with Secret Base Blissey in the topic to make it easier for users just entering the thread.

Maybe even edit bases with Flag Catchers. Here's my base. I'm an ace trainer atm, but im going to change it ofc.

look at the sick plug to my youtube channel. please post your QR codes so i can take ur flags :]

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Sorry what just meant to say was which slot are the located I don't want to delete any of my friends
There's a huge list of all of the Blissey Bash Bases with their areas near the bottom of the first page. I recommend the one in Route 125 because you can fly directly to it and it's my secret base and the ones in Multiple Locations tab because their Blissey can be OHKOed easily. Some of the other bases require two hits even with Mega Rayquaza's Earthquake.

Also, if you have your friends' bases favorated, you can't accidentally delete them by scanning a QR code.

There's a huge list of all of the Blissey Bash Bases with their areas near the bottom of the first page. I recommend the one in Route 125 because you can fly directly to it and it's my secret base and the ones in Multiple Locations tab because their Blissey can be OHKOed easily. Some of the other bases require two hits even with Mega Rayquaza's Earthquake.

Also, if you have your friends' bases favorated, you can't accidentally delete them by scanning a QR code.
No what I'm saying is if someonr I scan has the same secret base as my friend will it fail or will the base and the friend be deleted

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
No what I'm saying is if someonr I scan has the same secret base as my friend will it fail or will the base and the friend be deleted
If you favorated your friend's base it won't be deleted if you scan a QR code for a base in the same spot and you'll get a message saying one of your faves are in that spot. If you haven't favorated it then your friend's base will be deleted by another base.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Speaking of Blissey bases, it's nice to finally have an easier way to level Pokemon up to 100 than that stupid restaurant from X/Y. Now that I have a few lv 100s to use with the level release, here's a new base for you all with a random singles team that was bred with proper IVs and EVs.

HNI_0036.JPG

The team is admittedly a bit random and doesn't have great synergy, but it contains a few Pokemon that I wanted to try out with the Maison. Hopefully will be a decent challenge, though I get the feeling the AI will be stupid with the movesets.

Also, I moved my original base to Route 117 so that it'll be more accessible and not require HMs to reach.

I have 2 100s and a 75.
Plz take on my gym hopefully the goons too :D.
Let me know if you like it and if theres some changes i should make.
This base is at route 119, you'll need acro bike, waterfall and surf to get to me.
Working on a fairy type gym right now.

Hey! I made an ultimate Blissey Gym! There are six trainers, each with three Level 100 Blisseys. Make sure you turn on the level release, and enjoy the massive EXP gain!

Secret Meadow

QR Code

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey! I made an ultimate Blissey Gym! There are six trainers, each with three Level 100 Blisseys. Make sure you turn on the level release, and enjoy the massive EXP gain!

Secret Meadow

QR Code
Hey PokeLink09! Sorry to inform you, but all the "grunts" in your base have pre-set teams according to their trainer classes. For people who add your code, your main trainer will be the only one with three Blissey. I appreciate the effort though.

Hey PokeLink09! Sorry to inform you, but all the "grunts" in your base have pre-set teams according to their trainer classes. For people who add your code, your main trainer will be the only one with three Blissey. I appreciate the effort though.
Oh, is that the case? That's too bad, but thank you for informing me!

Well I'm finally about to reach 1000 flags after the bases reset at midnight tonight and I get my last 17. It took a while but I'm glad that I got it out of the way early in the game's lifespan so it wouldn't drag on for longer than necessary, and now I can enjoy creating new bases without having to worry about organizing my grunts or anything like that. I still don't fully understand the secret pal flags though. I added ium last week after he made the post about using friends to collect flags. I understand how it works when you add random passerbyes as pals, and I've gotten tons from them, but I never got anything from ium. I saw him online a bunch of times while I was connected, but his base never updated for me, and he stayed at the same number of flags. What's weird is that I have someone else on my friends list from a different site who also collects, and his base has shown up in my game a bunch of times. Sometimes I wouldn't see him on the PSS for a few days at a time, but I'd check my updates and he'd be there anyway. I got 19 from him today even. So I don't know if there are some other criteria for friends "updating" their bases that I don't get.

Aside from this little thing, I would say that the Secret Bases in this game are a very enjoyable feature. Whether you decide to collect flags or ignore them, there's a fair amount of customization that you can do. Like I said, I'm looking forward to taking advantage of Secret Bases more now that I don't have to waste time grinding flags.

I'm looking for 'flag exchange'
So add each other as friend
Visit each others secret bases
Add as secret pal

My base link: http://3ds-sp.pokemon-gl.com/user/V-081-8840-G/secretbase
It's at Secret Islet, and it has Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza
I'm a schoolkid iirc
My Friend code: 2921-9167-2457

Please post friend code+Secret base, so we can all add each other and get a lot of flags

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Okay, I've just tried to perform a little cleanup in this thread. Shows what happens when you turn your back to a place for a couple of weeks.

A fair few posts from the last 5 pages have been deleted. The reasons why are generally among the following:
  • Terrible spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, sentence structure or general ugh. This is not the Facebook chat, people. At least TRY to sound like you're not a six-year-old with attention deficiency.
  • Posting a QR code only, or a link. To avoid filling the thread with contentless QR codes and links, we encourage you to write a sentence or two about your base, why you designed it like you did, or what its general "theme" is. Be a little creative, don't just post an image and expect people to check it out for no reason.
  • Questions that could have been answered within ten seconds on Bulbapedia or Serebii. Write silly questions into your search engine, not into the "quick reply" box on Smogon. That way, you'll not only get your answer faster, but you won't bother others with it.
  • Instances where the posters clearly hadn't read the thread. Eight pages is not a lot, and we have a search function to make it even easier.
Posts were usually spared if they were replied to, or made in reply to some other post (exceptions were made for posts of dubious quality, though). This will not be the case next time.

If your QR code was among the deleted ones, feel free to repost it, with a little description. We encourage quality over quantity. Basic language skills is a plus requirement too.

Happy secret base hunting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)