ORAS The Next Best Thing...: Snorlax - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i wanted to show off this sey no o e has used b4 its really good against balance and stall

Krookodile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 168 HP / 180 Atk / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Bulk Up

Basically you taunt things that cant 2hko rachi crobat etc, n set up or just set up. Its a check to zygarde too since it cant set up when its taunted =P. But yeah this is a nice set ive never seen used before. Shout out to king uu i know he likes krook and i think he shoild try this one out!

Sub-Toxic Krookodile

Krookodile @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Roar

Sub-Toxic Krookodile can easily lures normal checks and counters such as Swampert, Chesnaught, Hippowdon, Hydreigon, and others and status's them to get them worn down for a teammate. Substitute is a great safety move on switches considering the amount of switches Krook forces versus Psychics and Ghosts. It also helps Krookodile versus opposing status. Toxic is a never-seen move on Krook, but it is a great move to wear down the usual checks of Krook, namely Water types. The reason why this set is effective in the first place is because of the threat of Krookodile's STAB Earthquake, which decimates the normal switch-ins of Toxic, Steel and Poison types. Knock Off is the great move it is, it really needs to explanation. Roar is an option as well, mainly to keep Crocune out of the way. Of course, it also weaars down mons with hazards.

The rest of the set is pretty standard, Speed EVs to outpace Chandy and Luke, letting you check them pretty well. This set is a great teammate that enjoys weakened Water types, such as Entei, Steel types, such as M-Aerodactyl, or Psychic/Ghost types, such as Mienshao.

So yeah, this set is basically a big middle finger to typical Water type switch-ins :]

Krookodile (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Torment
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Taunt / Protect

Get a free sub on something like Forretress or Umbreon, and then proceed to give troubles to your opponent. If you are running Taunt, Pokemon like Florgres, Mono Attacking Cune and Chesnaught lose against this set. Torment them the turn they try to break the Sub and then use Taunt to stop them from using their non-offensive moves (Wish, Aromatherapy, Spikes, Calm Mind, Synthesis), Knock Off their item or get another Substitute. Krookodile will force all these Pokemon to switch out or Struggle to death sooner or later, this combined with Knock Off + hypothetical hazard can cause a lot of damage. Protect can be used over Taunt to make this set more effective against offensive teams, but Taunt is much more helpful against most things.

Hazards support is a must for this set, specially Toxic Spikes, because they make this set much more deadly.

I'm a bit unsure about the EVs. Adding attack EVs is kinda pointless on this set, so I decided to invest on bulk and speed. The Spe EVs allow Krook to outpace Timid Chandelure (great chances of OHKOing with Knock Off even with 0 investment) which seemed like a decent benchmark, and I guess Infiltrator Chandelure might be a threat. The rest goes in HP and Def to create bulkier Subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)