Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea about the Lucario glitch, that's pretty weird though... If you're worried about losing a draft then just copy and paste it in a Word document or something, but from experience they last quite a while
Thanks, but to my experience images tend to get messed up by the copy paste.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks, but to my experience images tend to get messed up by the copy paste.
You should copy and paste the BB code into word so they don't get messed up. Click the button on the formatting bar while editing your post that looks like a page with a wrench on it, that will turn the text box yellow and will show all the code. For example an image of Koffing will go from this:

To this:

[IMG]http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/109.png[/IMG]

If you copy and paste that back into the yellow box and then click 'use rich text editor' it will go back to the white editing box and the code will turn into the image.

Hope this made some sense

You should copy and paste the BB code into word so they don't get messed up. Click the button on the formatting bar while editing your post that looks like a page with a wrench on it, that will turn the text box yellow and will show all the code. For example an image of Koffing will go from this:

To this:

[IMG]http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/109.png[/IMG]

If you copy and paste that back into the yellow box and then click 'use rich text editor' it will go back to the white editing box and the code will turn into the image.

Hope this made some sense
Thanks a lot, never thought of this ^^ does it work the same way for pictures you upload yourself?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks a lot, never thought of this ^^ does it work the same way for pictures you upload yourself?
That's a good question actually, I don't upload photos with the Smogon uploader, I prefer to upload my stuff to imgur and then get the URL to paste between [IMG][/IMG] tags so maybe look into that? I'm assuming this is for your Let's Play?

That's a good question actually, I don't upload photos with the Smogon uploader, I prefer to upload my stuff to imgur and then get the URL to paste between [IMG][/IMG] tags so maybe look into that? I'm assuming this is for your Let's Play?
It is, i'm just keeping my tap open all the time, but thanks for the reply ^^

I'm running low on money in both X and OR, so I decided to create a money making Smeargle.

Smeargle @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Technician
- Pay Day
- Happy Hour
-
-

Any ideas for the remaining two moveslots?

I'm running low on money in both X and OR, so I decided to create a money making Smeargle.

Smeargle @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Technician
- Pay Day
- Happy Hour
-
-

Any ideas for the remaining two moveslots?
Perhaps Fly or Rock Smash or something like that if you don't have a utility HM mon to fit in your training team?

I've already posted in the OU forum, because I have no idea where this question belongs. If I'm wrong here, then sorry for that!

Copy and paste:

I'm trying to soft reset for a Trick Room Quiet Heatran and got one right now with these stats:

30-31 / 26-27 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 16-19.

Should I keep it or is it too fast?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I've already posted in the OU forum, because I have no idea where this question belongs. If I'm wrong here, then sorry for that!

Copy and paste:

I'm trying to soft reset for a Trick Room Quiet Heatran and got one right now with these stats:

This still isn't the right place unfortunately. You can either post in the (aptly named) 'Are my Pokemon IVs and Nature Good Thread' or in the Wi-Fi forum's Simple Questions thread. As for the Heatran, I think it's too fast, you really want 0-1 for the speed IV to make use of Trick Room (especially since Heatran isn't that slow to begin with). I would recommend reading the Soft Resetting Perfect Legendaries guide so that you don't catch any Heatran with more than a 0-1 speed IV by checking it with a speed checker in battle.

And just in case, I know Quiet is recommended in the Strategy Dex for the Eruption set but that's because Eruption was an event-exclusive move where the Heatran with it was locked into being Quiet (unless of course you know this and are genuinely going for a Trick Room spread)

Good luck with your soft resetting! If you have any questions about the process then feel free to PM me :)

edit: dang Codraroll beat me gg

Copy and paste:

Toss
This still isn't the right place unfortunately. You can either post in the (aptly named) 'Are my Pokemon IVs and Nature Good Thread' or in the Wi-Fi forum's Simple Questions thread. As for the Heatran, I think it's too fast, you really want 0-1 for the speed IV to make use of Trick Room (especially since Heatran isn't that slow to begin with). I would recommend reading the Soft Resetting Perfect Legendaries guide so that you don't catch any Heatran with more than a 0-1 speed IV by checking it with a speed checker in battle.

And just in case, I know Quiet is recommended in the Strategy Dex for the Eruption set but that's because Eruption was an event-exclusive move where the Heatran with it was locked into being Quiet (unless of course you know this and are genuinely going for a Trick Room spread)

Good luck with your soft resetting! If you have any questions about the process then feel free to PM me :)

edit: dang Codraroll beat me gg
That Eruption Heatran was some goddamned good trolling

Codraroll: Thanks, will post there again

cant say: I'm playing a Trick Room team, so I would like to have a quiet nature yes. Thank you for your reply! I will post in the other forum (as mentioned above). I know 0 Speed would be nice, but I'm a little afraid to soft reset right now and lose the other perfect (?) stats... :/

So I was wondering, I'm gonna be starting the gauntlet challenge and I want to tell the story of the run as I go through with it, is there anyway I could do that on this forum?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So I was wondering, I'm gonna be starting the gauntlet challenge and I want to tell the story of the run as I go through with it, is there anyway I could do that on this forum?
Just make a new thread and Tag it with Challenge or Lets Play. Then go ahead and post what you like. Sometimes it takes a few updates before people start reading and getting involved with you.

I have some pokes that I rng'd in my D/P/Pt that have years like 2021, 2016 etc.. because those were the only years i could get the spread. Poke bank isnt going to stop me from uploading them because of this, will it?

How strict are pokebank's filters? Could a hacked 6 IV Ditto that would at a glace look legit (i.e. legal moves, abilities, EVs, IVs, etc.) get through and on to my pokemon Y?

How strict are pokebank's filters? Could a hacked 6 IV Ditto that would at a glace look legit (i.e. legal moves, abilities, EVs, IVs, etc.) get through and on to my pokemon Y?
Why exactly are you asking that? Anyway, answer is yes, considering how stupid Bank's hack check is, unless the hack checks got updated on the last update (I heard that some people could send Pokemon with HAs that they can't have in the 5th Gen but they can in 6th Gen without any trouble. Actually, I even sent a few hacks that I got through the GTS in Pokemon Black (of course I released them already, most of them were just shinies with useless movesets and stats))

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have some pokes that I rng'd in my D/P/Pt that have years like 2021, 2016 etc.. because those were the only years i could get the spread. Poke bank isnt going to stop me from uploading them because of this, will it?
No, it won't stop you (speaking from experience).
It depends on the Pokémon in question. They do have hack checking in place, so don't be surprised if it gets flagged, but it isn't flawless by any stretch of the imagination.

It depends on the Pokémon in question. They do have hack checking in place, so don't be surprised if it gets flagged, but it isn't flawless by any stretch of the imagination.
What about the specific pokemon I mentioned? A 6 IV hacked Ditto that has legal moves, abilities, EVs, etc., but was still hacked

And what happens if you try to send something that fails the hack check?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What about the specific pokemon I mentioned? A 6 IV hacked Ditto that has legal moves, abilities, EVs, etc., but was still hacked

And what happens if you try to send something that fails the hack check?
Again, it depends on the Pokémon. You could hack such a Ditto so severely that it does get flagged (Fateful Encounter flag for example), or it could be fine.

Nintendo (initially at least, I don't know if they still do) claimed that they may limit your service due to it (although I've never heard reports of this happening). An easy and safe option would be to not try and transfer hacked Pokémon though.

This is probably straying into unreleased/unannounced aspects of the game though, since they explicitly state they don't support the use of their service for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)