Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every attack that Mega Kangaskhan uses will hit twice, with the second hit being half as strong, thanks to Parental Bond. This includes moves requiring a turn to charge and Hyper Beam/Giga Impact. (it will still take just the next turn to recharge)
Bulbapedia says that moves with a charging turn only hit once:
Moves with a charging turn only strike once, even if the Pokémon becomes fully charged in one turn (such as with a Power Herb).

The reason that changing the DS a game is played on messes stuff up is that some functions of the game are tied to the DS itself rather than the game cartridge, this includes stuff like friend codes and the time and date. So if you were to start playing your copy of Omega Ruby (as an example) on a different DS I know that your Battle Spot rating would be reset and all time based events would stop working for 24 hours. I think there may be others but I'm blanking on them at the moment. So yeah, stuff still gets 'messed up' now if you change consoles...
Another stupid question related to my last stupid question.

If I were to upgrade my 3DS to an XL and transfer all the save data and such, would things get messed up? I'm asking because I'm considering getting an XL but I don't want to mess up my Pokemon games.

Another stupid question related to my last stupid question.

If I were to upgrade my 3DS to an XL and transfer all the save data and such, would things get messed up? I'm asking because I'm considering getting an XL but I don't want to mess up my Pokemon games.
It would not. All game- and ds data is transferred, including time and date settings, so the game would treat it as the same ds.

If you where to encounter a shiny Rayquaza in pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Saphire, would the space cut scene feature a shiny- or a regular rayquaza?

WideTomato I'm pretty sure Ray is shiny-locked for this reason...

Actually, I'm pretty sure all shiny locks are locked because of cutscenes (why shiny lock Moltres/Articuno/Zapdos in XY then though?)
That actually makes a lot of sense. I guess the the birds was shiny locked because of how you encounter them. You encounter it as an ordinary bird the first time, and for it to suddenly be shiny would be a minor plot hole. I mean they could have made it so that it is encounter-able as shiny the first time you run into it but that would make soft resetting for IV's impossible...

Edit: whelp, this is my post number 404... I should have made something grand out of it.

Is this worth using for the Battle Maison, or should I not use it?

It's Shiny GameStop event
It should be fine, but I don't know if Suicune would really hate the speed loss (against certain threats - I don't know which ones). It may do well as a Calm Mind + Rest set (is that what people call "Crocune?") in singles. I'm pretty sure the crown beasts were nature-locked, so if the negative speed nature kills it, I'm sure someone in the WiFi section would be willing to trade a better one. Anyway, I'm sure others will let you know if it's worth using.

Ah, OK :)

I've been planning to have..
252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 SP. Attack with Rest, Sleep Talk, Calm Mind, & Scald (Leftovers)
In that case, I don't think Suicune really cares all that much about speed. Maybe a quick glance at the SmogonDex would prove fruitful (in any generation).

EDIT:
Yeah, the preferred nature for a "CroCune" is Bold. However, there is an older BW set for your specific Crown Beast for use in doubles. Maybe you should check it out and compare the two (maybe run a few calcs) to ultimately decide what you want this Suicune to do and how to do it.
BW Suicune

Last edited:
Hello:

I am in the process of RNG'ing my Thundurus in pokemon white. I cant decide between 31/0/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 68) Timid, or 31/2/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 70). Regardless of which one I choose, if one of these Thundurus is sent to ORAS through Poke Bank it will have HP Ice 60 regardless of which spread I choose, correct?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Hello:

I am in the process of RNG'ing my Thundurus in pokemon white. I cant decide between 31/0/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 68) Timid, or 31/2/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 70). Regardless of which one I choose, if one of these Thundurus is sent to ORAS through Poke Bank it will have HP Ice 60 regardless of which spread I choose, correct?
Hidden Power will always have a base power of 60 in Gen VI. IVs only affect the type now.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello:

Yeah so definitely go with the 0 attack spread.

In the future, it's probably best to ask in the Wi-Fi simple questions thread. There's also a thread for RNGing incase you ever need help

Hm.
It's not letting me put it through Poke transfer..

Is it because of its moves
Sheer Cold
Air Slash
Extreme speed
Aqua Ring
?
The moveset is legit; so is the nature...
Have you used any external tools (action replay, pokegen etc.) to EV train it or raise IVs? You might want to check its evs, ivs, trainer id and PID.

about to breed up a shiny Bisharp. What ball would match it best? Pondering between a dive ball (blue/white) and the net ball (blue/white/black) or something else if you can recommend a better one. (Too bad moon ball is perfect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)