The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The Jaguars don't have any potential from what I see. I'd be surprised if they even go 7-9
Somebody hasn't been watching them at all lol. They have had not only good chances, but great chances to win this year. If they won most of the closer games, they would have been 9-7 this year (i broke this down after week 16 and if you are interested go back and find it since im not interested in this topic).

This may seem like a weird prediction but here's what I think will go down next playoffs
AFC
New England Patriots(East winner)
Indianapolis Colts(South winner)
Pittsburgh Steelers(North winner)
Denver Broncos(West winner)
Baltimore Ravens(Wild card)
Houston Texans(Wild card)
NFC
Seattle Seahawks(West winner)
Atlanta Falcons(South winner)
Green Bay Packers(North winner)
Dallas Cowboys(East winner)
New Orleans Saints(Wild card)
Arizona Cardinals(Wild card)
Will edit with explanations later but I'm too tired right now
EDIT: Explaination time! First of all, the Patriots are obviously going to repeat. They're the only good team in the division(Bills and Dolphins are ok but not enough to threaten the Pats) AFC South is a tough call for Colts V Texans but I believe Indy is set in stone to win the division until Houston gets the right pieces to be a real threat. AFC North is really tight between Cincinnati,Baltimore, and Pittsburgh but I think the Steelers will repeat. They only lost the playoffs because Bell was injured. I honestly think that the Bengals will be knocked out of the playoffs in week 17 barely missing it. Texans might be an odd choice for wild card when you also have Cincinnati and San Diego as potential wild card spots but I really think Houston will edge them both out of the postseason. Broncos are a threat still because if they keep Manning healthy they're a beast. As for the NFC, the thing you probably noticed first was Falcons getting 2nd seed and winning the division. This might be a ballsy prediction but it can totally happen because Dan Quinn has the potential to patch up their defense issues to become a top tier team. Cowboys are probably going to win the east but not without a fight from the Eagles. The wild card was tough with this one but I'm predicting the Saints will get their shit together in time for a wild card berth. Keep Arizona healthy and they're a threat. Everything else is pretty self explanatory imo

Last edited:
No way all of the AFC division winners repeat. The North is a pretty tight division, and the Broncos seem poised to fall any minute now... the Bills or Dolphins could add the final pieces this offseason to contest (as it is they are pretty decent teams). And the Texans will probably keep threatening the Colts for as long as they rely on Luck and nothing else.

I think the stat is that over half of division winners change year to year? Don't care enough to look it up but I'm sure someone here knows it.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Bills have Rex Ryan now so they are guaranteed a trip to the next two AFC Championship games!
Also I predict the Chefs win the AFC West. Just a honchkrow.

I would actually love a Florida Bowl between Jaguars and Buccaneers(Sorry Dolphins) but saying the Jags have a better chance is laughable. Yes the Falcons suck and maybe I'm overestimating their potential under Quinn but still, at least the Falcons can turn into a great team if they can patch their defense(Which probably will happen eventually). The Jaguars don't have any potential from what I see. I'd be surprised if they even go 7-9
no potential?

did you watch a single Jags game last year?

they got off to a rough start, but the Defense turned into something quite nasty for the latter part of the season, consistently keeping them in the game until late. you say the Falcons need to patch their D? the Jags just need to develop the young talent they have on O. additionally, if they continue to develop the young talent they have on D, their D will be in the top 25% in the league in 2015.

i'd be surprised if they went 7-9 too, but that's why i said it was a bold prediction. i expect more in the 5-6 wins range, but with only a couple games that were out of reach.

The talent argument is so misguided. Tom Brady had the greatest wide receiver I have ever seen play the game and has the best tight end currently playing(and let's be honest Gronk is already the best TE ever) and he still puts up mediocre numbers. Even Eli Manning with no names does better. I'm supposed to feel bad for Brady for having the most talented wide receiver ever? Having the most dominant tight end ever? That's like putting Peyton with Barry Sanders or with Terrel Owens(I hate jerry rice) or Megatron. Guess what, Peyton never had a GOAT player on any of his offenses and he still puts up better stats than Brady. Oh and spare me the whole "they come to new England and become stars" crap. No they don't. The players go to New England and stay as mediocre as ever. Brady doesn't turn anyone into league dominating stars. Like Peyton did with Emmanuel Sanders. Who did shit in Pittsburgh even with that team being less talented offensively than the Broncos.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The talent argument is so misguided. Tom Brady had the greatest wide receiver I have ever seen play the game and has the best tight end currently playing(and let's be honest Gronk is already the best TE ever) and he is still puts up mediocre numbers. Even Eli Manning with no names does better. I'm supposed to feel bad for Brady for having the most talented wide receiver ever? Having the most dominant tight end ever? That's like putting Peyton with Barry Sanders or with Terrel Owens(I hate jerry rice) or Megatron. Guess what, Peyton never had a GOAT player on any of his offenses and he still puts up better stats than Brady. Oh and spare me the whole "they come to new England and become stars" crap. No they don't. The players go to New England and stay as mediocre as ever. Brady doesn't turn anyone into league dominating stars. Like Peyton did with Emmanuel Sanders. Who did shit in Pittsburgh even with that team being less talented offensively than the Broncos.
Huh, this is weird, Brady has had higher scoring offenses than Manning despite everyone thinking Manning is the one that generally has the better team (as indicated by who the favorite is when they play head to head, Manning's teams favored 9 times to Brady's 6). EUDICATE URSALF

Otherwise, great bait mate, I rate it eight outta eight.

Arguing that Manning > Brady is the football equivalent of arguing that the world is flat.

If people are still in denial of something so blatantly obvious then there's no use arguing with them.

TheValkyries

macle , I'm gonna be real with you, I take the bait because it means I get to revel just a little bit longer in Brady's CLUTCHCLUTCHCLUTCHCLUTCHCLUTCHCLUTCHness without being an overly outrageous asshole.

A MODERATE ASSHOLE FOR SURE, but not an outrageous one.

As much as I hate Tom Brady and how much I love Peyton Manning I have to admit that Brady > Manning
Also rings aren't always a good way to measure how good a player is. Dan Marino is was one of the best QBs ever yet he never went to a SB
Also, Ed Sabol dies at age 98

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arguing that Manning > Brady is the football equivalent of arguing that the world is flat.

If people are still in denial of something so blatantly obvious then there's no use arguing with them.
It's equally absurd to call something like that "blatantly obvious" when there's a pretty clear split among the entire NFL fanbase, and even the experts. You believe Brady > Manning. Many people agree with you. However, blowing off the opposing opinion as "arguing the world is flat" is idiotic and you know it. Don't be one of those people who thinks their opinion is gospel and anyone who disagrees is a lower life form. It's obnoxious.

It's equally absurd to call something like that "blatantly obvious" when there's a pretty clear split among the entire NFL fanbase, and even the experts. You believe Brady > Manning. Many people agree with you. However, blowing off the opposing opinion as "arguing the world is flat" is idiotic and you know it. Don't be one of those people who thinks their opinion is gospel and anyone who disagrees is a lower life form. It's obnoxious.
Reading all the idiotic criticisms and belittlements of Tom Brady and his accomplishments is what drives many Pats fans such as myself to be this obnoxious. (Along with the general jealously spawned hatred of the entire patriots franchise.)

Its extremely difficult to constantly defend the most hated Quarterback in the NFL without losing your marbles.

This is especially true when said slights against him are based off ridiculous double standards and speculations.

Reading all the idiotic criticisms and belittlements of Tom Brady and his accomplishments is what drives many Pats fans such as myself to be this obnoxious. (Along with the general jealously spawned hatred of the entire patriots franchise.)

Its extremely difficult to constantly defend the most hated Quarterback in the NFL without losing your marbles.

This is especially true when said slights against him are based off ridiculous double standards and speculations.
Well ,in the defense of my fellow Patriots haters, we hate the fanbase more than the actual team. Yes, I hate the Patriots and the fanbase but the fanbase drives me insane. They're just so damn cocky. Patriots fans don't care about their team's questionable integrity. They're just "WINWINWINWIN BITCH!" and they don't care. Literally every win they have they get a "sugar rush" type feeling and say they're invincible. Even Buffalo knows that's not true. Despite how much I hate New England, I won't belittle the Patriots at all. They've consistently been one if not the best team in the league for the past 15 years due mostly to Brady.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane

Then you take the opportunity to be the bigger man. Any person who knows anything about football knows that Tom Brady is one of the most incredible QBs to ever play the game. So is Peyton Manning. Criticisms and arguments about which of them is better are almost always biased in some shape or form, because the painful truth is you can't make a flawless case for either. Ties drive people NUTS, so they have to keep nitpicking until they find a winner and a loser. Nobody is content with leaving Peyton and Brady as a T-1.

I have to deal with the same kind of crap being a Steelers fan. My quarterback was a well documented douchebag who may or may not have sexually assaulted multiple women up until what, 2 years ago? It doesn't matter how much time passes, I'm always going to have to hear about it. I choose not to get riled up about it because I'm a fan of one of the most successful franchises in NFL history and I have been absolutely SPOILED by their success.

So, do me a favor and try to remember that you are a fan of a team that has attended 6 Super Bowls and won 4 of them in a 14 year span, and that is almost universally considered the Dynasty of the 2000s. Your QB punched his ticket to the Hall of Fame TEN YEARS AGO. Who gives a rat's ass what the hater's think? The worst thing you can do is become one of them.

TheValkyries

Real talk I feel like the only reason we talk about Peyton Manning as possibly being the best QB of all time is because Tom Brady existed as a contrast/rival/barrier/excuse for him to suck in the playoffs. "Big time players make big time plays, except for Peyton Manning but he's excused because Brady's in the way, but Brady's not necessarily better because Manning posts up bigger stats." I don't understand how people rationalize this narrative. There's a massive difference in being an all time great QB and the Best QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)