Shiny Rarity

i once had damn luck. i made a hack of sapphire, and put swinub on the first route. the first one i encountered was shiny. a little later the game froze because imessed up de hacking...

The only shiny I ever caught was a Shinx through chaining. It's sucky but I love it nonetheless, and I fed it to be a contest pokemon xD
Back in the Silver days I ran across a shiny Noctowl, but I had no idea how rare a shiny pokemon was, or that they even existed, so I just defeated it. I never regretted it though, because I hate Noctowl =P

My little brother, Mr Escalator, has a shiny venonat on GSC.

True story, he also had a shiny regice on RS, but unfortunately we lost the little game cartridge. He didn't even realize it at the time until he was looking at pokemon online.

And I think we have one other really stupid pokemon as a shiny.

I realize that shinies are uber-rare on the field, but damn! I have over 188 game hours, have hatched more pokemon than I can count, and fought even more, and still have yet to see a single one! I DO have a Shiny, but it was obtained through the Poke-Radar trick (Electrike).​

Back in Ruby/Emerald, I got a total of two (Nidorino and Zubat) with about twice as much game-time, but I simply haven't had any luck in Diamond...​

So is this normal? Or am I just totally, extremely, unlucky?​

On that note, thank GOD for the Poke-Radar trick! :heart:
"Poke-Radar trick"? Do you mean chaining?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the chance of finding a shiny 1/8192?

I have a shiny Golbat in Emerald, havn't checked the IVs yet though. I don't care for shinies. And if I ever use them people think they're hacked which is really annoying. Once I found a shiny dunsprace in LG but I didn't have any Poke Balls with me >.>

I haven't caught too many shinies but...

In FireRed, I stumbled across a shiny Fearow on seven island when I was busy training a Gyarados, almost killed it with Dragon Rage. ._.

With about 350+ hours in Diamond, I haven't caught any totally random shinies...yet. I did intentionally soft-reset for about 9 hours to catch a shiny Dialga...with a really crappy nature - Sassy. And I also soft-reset for about an hour in an attempt to catch a shiny Giratina (which I failed to catch because I forgot about Struggle...). So I tried again and about another hour and a half later, I finally run into it again and catch it...another crappy nature - Naive. WTF? I also recently got a shiny Blissey over GTS for a Palkia (that I'd traded for a female Combee about a month ago over GTS). Meh who cares I got another Palkia from GTS with another female Combee as bait lol.

In Pearl, a couple of weeks ago I helped my little bro catch a shiny Palkia. And yesterday he caught a shiny Shinx with only a 3 chain which is why I'm gonna chain something later.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I have only caught one shiny and that was a Spinda, when I was EV training my Alakazam. Another Shiny I saw was a shiny Venasaur in the Battle Factory, so I got pretty mad. My cousin got a Bold Shiny Metagross with 20+ IVs in everything which he got from Steven's pokeball. I don't understand how people get Shinies with Good IVs and the right nature, and then say that they are not hacked. For example, this guy
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26631. He has 4 Shines with all the right natures and good IVs. That is a 1:2 Chance for the natures, and even very little chance from the IVs, and then the chance of it being Shiny! I have yet to see a Shiny in my game (without wifi) with about ~250 Hours of gameplay. And only one in 600 hours of gameplay in my emerald.

I've played over 2000 hours on my R/S/E and I've only encountered 1 shiny: a Kecleon. And it was in the Battle Tower. Go figure.

I've had a decent amount of shinies in all gens, but there was just one that particularily blew my mind.

I had just bought Emerald from the local department store and started it up and started to soft reset for a Timid/ Modest Treecko when BAM! On the third Treecko it turned out shiny. It has crap IVs but it's a testament to my luck at the time because when I received a second Emerald cartridge shortly after, I found a shiny Poochyena on my first day of playing followed by a shiny Zubat the day after.

never gotten a shiny
though I did find a wild lendyba(sp?) before i even got pokeballs, right after I got my starter in Silver

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
I had a shiny Gyarados in Gold, Silver, AND Crystal. XD

I also managed to get a shiny Weedle on my LG and shiny Wingull in my Sapphire. Both of those got erased, though, the Leaf Green was my own fault. (Didn't occur to me until after it said I had saved that I had a shiny Beedrill >_>). I also saw a shiny Meowth in the Battle Tower of my LG game.

The only shiny I have on my Diamond is a Shinx I got from a trade. I've had no luck with the chaining trick. I can't chain more than 4 Pokemon in a row. >_>

Ive always had a great deal of luck with shinies. In Gold, I encountered 6 during my playtime. In Ruby, anpther 6 (soft resetted for Groudon and Rayquaza and even hatched a Poliwag).

In Diamond the luck hasnt stopped. I got Shinx just 2 hours into my game and then later encountered a shiny Ditto while chaining for Jolly Ditto using Synchronize (the chain count was only 5!). About a month ago I found an Onyx and Bibarel within a week from each other, and just a few weeks ago I chained for a shiny Pichu and got it after a few days...

I train any shiny I get to be as competitive as possible. If you are chaining any shiny, get an Abra/Kadabra with Synchronize and a nature for the shiny you want, if you want it to be competitive. My shiny Pichu was Synch'd into Timid nature, and its IVs for Spd and Sp.Atk were both about 28. As lucky as possible for a competitive shiny Raichu! I also like "adopting" shinies on the GTS and raising them to be as useful as possible...

On 2000+ hours only on 3rd gen I caught a shiny Spinda and a Shiny Gulpin(which both of them got deleted;_;) and saw a shiny torkoal, a shiny slugma and a shiny skarm on the battle factory..>.>

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
My luck in shinies are horrible. The first and only shiny I've ever obtained myself is a Shiny Impish Shinx

I've been through about 300 Hours on Diamond and have had no luck thus far. Granted, a lot of my time was spent EV training / levelling up, but you'd have thought I'd have seen a shiny Bidoof, Starly or Shinx by now...

...as for the Pokeradar trick, I shall have to try that. Unfortunately, I always get to 5 before something random pops up. Oh well.

With about 300 hours of combined game time for all 3rd and 4th gen pokemon games, I have come accross only one shiny, a starly I happened upon when I just started Diamond. Other than that, all my shinies are from trades and the Pokeradar tricks.

I found a shiny wild Onix in GSC, but I can't find it in my boxes.

I hatched a shiny Aerodactyl in my Emerald, Jolly nature with Rock Head (which helped me a lot in battle frontier) - the IVs weren't great but they were kind of usable.

The only wild shiny I've caught was Absol in a D/P pokeradar chain - Serious with Pressure, despite using a syncher. Shame too, because it had decent IVs.

Between one of my friends' and his little bro's games, they've caught 3 shinies in less than 150 hours. Whores =[

My only shiny is a Rattata in LG while doing speed training, which is a huge lol because it's hard to negiotate trades since nobody likes Rattata unless for FEAR.

Only shiny I've personally found is a Golbat in my long hours of Victory-Roading it up before the Elite Four, and on my first foray into the Battle Tower (R/S) the second trainer I fought had a Shiny Espeon and Shiny something-else, which drove me insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)