Resource RBY & Tradebacks Bug Report Thread

jp z,asm_3d74b ; for moves with 0 BP, skip any further damage calculation and, for now, skip MoveHitTest
; for these moves, accuracy tests will only occur if they are called as part of the effect itself
That's my commentary :D

Also yeah, I'm not sure if there is any notable exception but as Isa said, the general rule is that if the move doesn't target then it can't miss. However, you'd have to go through every single move effect to see if it calls MoveHitTest or there is some other sort of check to be absolutely sure. For example, Conversion is only made to miss against a fly/dig target instead of calling MoveHitTest, which also involves making any move calling it but Swift miss against dig/fly.

As for healing moves like Rest though, there's no single reference to MoveHitTest. The reason the healing moves miss if the max hp and current hp lowest bytes match is because, although they are compared at line 14, by the time the result is checked at line 19, it had already been overwritten at line 18 which is the high bytes comparison. A jr nz to line 20 is missing between lines 16 and 17.

Hi guys, I didn't know where to post this, so forgive me if its the wrong place.
But this Gen1-Typechart is wrong, because it says that bug-type moves hit Ghosts for neutral damage whereas they actually hit it ineffectively.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys, I didn't know where to post this, so forgive me if its the wrong place.
But this Gen1-Typechart is wrong, because it says that bug-type moves hit Ghosts for neutral damage whereas they actually hit it ineffectively.
I submitted the change, it just needs to be implemented by a kindly site staff member.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Here's a bug I'm not sure anyone has noticed yet: Leech Seed should sap a Pokemon even if it has zero HP after poison/burn damage. The famous Toxic + Leech Seed combo makes this easy to demonstrate. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-221126260

Basically, Chansey shouldn't faint instantly after taking poison damage there; the Leech Seed sapping is supposed to happen immediately, healing the expected amount of HP as usual depending on the Toxic counter value.

Against a Double Team Rhyhorn in Challenge Cup:

The opposing Tentacool used Rage!
The opposing Tentacool's attack missed!
Rhyhorn used Horn Attack!
The opposing Tentacool lost 30% of its health!
The opposing Tentacool's Rage raised its Attack!
Turn 23
The opposing Tentacool used Rage!
It's not very effective... Rhyhorn lost 2% of its health!
Rhyhorn used Horn Attack!
The opposing Tentacool lost 6% of its health!
The opposing Tentacool fainted!
Grasskicker sent out Articuno!

Might've just gotten really lucky there, but pretty sure Rage flips accuracy after missing due to evasion / accuracy changes. So, instead of having the normal 1/256 chance to miss, it should only have a 1/256 chance to hit. Again, might've just been luck (hitting on that 1/256 afterwards), but figured I'd mention it just in case it's not in there correctly~

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What happened afterwards? Rage applies a volatile that makes your accuracy 1/256 after failing once o.o

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
not necessarily a bug, but i'd like to know how i can minimize my atk stat to reduce confusion damage. i can set my atk IV to 0 instead of 31 but i seemingly cannot alter my EV's. i hate taking more damage than needed vs. lapras.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
tbh RBY is a game I wouldn't want to minimize Attack anyway since having to use Struggle on any random thing is actually a possibility

but das jus me

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Jynx, Alakazam, Chansey...

Don't reduce Attack DV to 0 though as it reduces HP, reduce it to 1 instead. And Stat Exp to 0 obv

Technically its not possible to have all the other stats maxed out, which i guess would still be desired in that case, when u have 0 stat exp in attack, I dont know the numbers but u have to have a minumum of attack stat exp as well, so that would be "unfair" in another direction

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
The minimum is 7750 Atk Stat Exp, by giving 10 vitamins in every stat but Attack, and slaying 659 Magikarp and 232 Chansey.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
froggy25 Do you know a good way to calculate the max stat exp in attack depending to level? How about grinding a low level mon with Chanseys making them asleep and fainting them all from lowest level possible to 100, being it a traded Pokémon?

Edit: Oh, of course you want to max everything but attack, now it makes more sense.

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ralysis-burn-stat-drops.3525356/#post-5944428
Is there any chance this will be added into the sim at some point. If the answer is no, then I understand. This looks like a nightmare to add into anything. If any brave soul is to take this on, i would like to wish them good luck. I tested for this the other day also. If it is in, then it isn't working at any rate.
With the RBY Cup starting very soon, what's the status on this?

Joim

Pixels matter
Well shit. I'll do my best for tomorrow. It's very hard a change due to how PS deals with gens.

Turn 17
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.

PK Mastr withdrew E.S.P. (Alakazam)!

PK Mastr sent out HADES (Gengar)!

Golem used Explosion!
It doesn't affect the opposing HADES...
Turn 18

Is this a bug? golem didn't kill itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)