Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

What's up with that lol? On the user list, on the top right corner, and next to the chat box it says my name is Sarikado, but when I type something it displays my name as Arikado and that's what other people see as well

I would like to report an error in Vanilluxe's moveset. The teambuilder says the Vanilluxe learns Endure, but nearly every Pokedex online says that it cannot, including Bulbapedia, Serebii, and Veekun. The only Pokedex that says it can learn Endure is Pokemon Database. Pokemondb says it learns Endure via move tutor in Gen 6, but endure hasn't been taught in game since it was a TM in Gen 4. Also, if you use the /learn command, Showdown says that Endure is learned via move tutor. It's a real pity because Endure+Weakness Policy+Weak Armor is the most common set on Vanilluxe in PU. Turns out, it's illegal.

breh

強いだね
I would like to report an error in Vanilluxe's moveset. The teambuilder says the Vanilluxe learns Endure, but nearly every Pokedex online says that it cannot, including Bulbapedia, Serebii, and Veekun. The only Pokedex that says it can learn Endure is Pokemon Database. Pokemondb says it learns Endure via move tutor in Gen 6, but endure hasn't been taught in game since it was a TM in Gen 4. Also, if you use the /learn command, Showdown says that Endure is learned via move tutor. It's a real pity because Endure+Weakness Policy+Weak Armor is the most common set on Vanilluxe in PU. Turns out, it's illegal.
It seems like almost every pokemon (and pikachu formes) introduced since gen 5 (oddly discounting victini?) that can learn tms has a gen 6 endure tutor. No clue why.

man why do i have to use search function to find this thread..

anyway
this is reporting inaccurate information on pokemonshowdown.com/dex
Phantump is missing Endure
Trevenant is missing Endure

honestly, how do these things still happen? why does smogon not use a centralized database? their smogon dex is correct, but their showdown dex uses its own database

for a huge community dedicated to only pokemon, and entire team on board, its sad to think that independent pokedexes can be more accurate. if its that hard to keep accurate data, i'd suggest dumping bulbapedia's.

In Pokémon Showdown, there's a bug with the timer that the time don't stop so the player who chose his moves after the other, lose the match.
Also there's a bug that Pokémon can survive a supereffective hit with 1% HP. But it only appeared when the Pokémon have less than 50% HP.
For example, imagine that there's a Terrakion against a Landorus-T. Terrakion has 12% HP x0.67 Defense and Landorus-T is not Intimidated.
Then, Landorus-T used Earthquake and Terrakion survive with 0,01 HP and it didn't have the Focus Band.

I hope you can solve this because I was in 1400 ELO and this bugs fell me down to 1300. (I lost matches to, but this bugs fuck me D:)

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
In Pokémon Showdown, there's a bug with the timer that the time don't stop so the player who chose his moves after the other, lose the match.
Also there's a bug that Pokémon can survive a supereffective hit with 1% HP. But it only appeared when the Pokémon have less than 50% HP.
For example, imagine that there's a Terrakion against a Landorus-T. Terrakion has 12% HP x0.67 Defense and Landorus-T is not Intimidated.
Then, Landorus-T used Earthquake and Terrakion survive with 0,01 HP and it didn't have the Focus Band.

I hope you can solve this because I was in 1400 ELO and this bugs fell me down to 1300. (I lost matches to, but this bugs fuck me D:)
Can you post a replay with the second bug occurring? The first bug is most likely due to lag.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi
Today I got challenged at Doubles OU and I got the usual screen:

And when I click accept I don't get into a battle, it makes me impossible to click on accept again

I can only click on reject

Also it doesn't work when I try to send a challenge - it looks like I have sent a challenge, but the person I sent the challenge to doesn't get a challenge in :x

EDIT: I also tried it both on the Google Chrome Browser and the official Pokémon Showdown client
EDIT2: I can send challenges for metagames that don't include teams such as challenge cup 1-v-1 and random battles

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
Almost every division in Pokemon rounds down (bar like HP healing sometimes and some other junk that probably only marty knows off the top of the head). In this case, you have 205*2/3 = 136. Bad luck with speed ties, evidently.

Arakia the Ferrothorn had shed shell probably (no leftovers recovery)

Last edited:
I have a really annoying issue here
anyway, if you have a zoroark, it loops the sound of the pokemon coming out forever incessantly annoyingly
like i sent a zoroark out disguised as a shedinja
I'm still hearing shedinja coming out sound looping incessantly to hell, it continues even if you exit and close the battle etc
- Using a Macbook Air, safari.

Hi
Today I got challenged at Doubles OU and I got the usual screen:

And when I click accept I don't get into a battle, it makes me impossible to click on accept again

I can only click on reject

Also it doesn't work when I try to send a challenge - it looks like I have sent a challenge, but the person I sent the challenge to doesn't get a challenge in :x

EDIT: I also tried it both on the Google Chrome Browser and the official Pokémon Showdown client
EDIT2: I can send challenges for metagames that don't include teams such as challenge cup 1-v-1 and random battles
My friend and I are having the same issue. We can only play randoms. Tried OU, Ubers, Anything Goes etc. just to see if it was the specific tier. Nothing worked. We've actually been trying throughout the week and can't seem to get it to work. So I second this being a problem, sorry if there are any forum rules I'm breaking without knowing. Been playing showdown for a while but I'm brand new to the forums.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My friend and I are having the same issue. We can only play randoms. Tried OU, Ubers, Anything Goes etc. just to see if it was the specific tier. Nothing worked. We've actually been trying throughout the week and can't seem to get it to work. So I second this being a problem, sorry if there are any forum rules I'm breaking without knowing. Been playing showdown for a while but I'm brand new to the forums.
I seemed to have this fixed today,

Usually I use Google Chrome
I went to Mozilla Firefox and accepted a challenge there (from Doubles OU so I don't know if it works in other tiers) and it worked there. I had Google Chrome open at the same time on the same account. When I accepted the challenge on Mozilla, I went to Google Chrome and saw I was in-battle. Afterwards it seemed to have worked on Google Chrome. I don't know whether this only works for the browser specifically and I haven't tested out the client, but this might be a fix =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)