Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

Goody, it's even expanding into a new series it sounds like. I'll take dead Naruto over the bloated zombie corpse Bleach has become.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First, the story criticism-- as in why the fuck are they even doing this? Stupid question... because it'll make a shit-tillion yen and sell more magazines, action figures, movies, etc. etc. without Kishi having to do anything creative.

Also, remember how when Naruto started off as a series, and all the characters had to be introduced to us and developed? And how the world of Naruto had to be explained? You know... typical stuff when starting a story. Instead of spouting out all these details you'd have no way of knowing without knowing everything about Naruto, and making every relevant character a miniature version identical to characters you already know.

Oh wait, scratch that... with all the childhood flashbacks we got from Naruto, they're not even miniature but identical copies of characters we already know. Why bother doing character development when you can just make copies of characters you already have? Why bother trying to explain your story to a new audience when you know the only ones who are going to read this slop are the ones you've suckered in with the first one?

Except for Sarada I guess, but she's so plain and uninteresting that who gaf?? Clearly, this isn't a stand alone story, and there's no real point in "ending" Naruto if you have to read all of Naruto in order to know wtf is going on in this story... still named Naruto... but with a protagonist named Sarada. :|

Speaking of Sarada though, despite that she's even plainer and more generic than Sakura somehow (wow srsly?), as a fan boy, you can't help but be interested in this girl's future...

I mean, everything in Naruto is genetic right? With every character's lineage basically equating their powers and destiny, right? In that case, Sarada is gonna be ridiculous. I mean her Dad is the strongest Uchiha to exist since Indra, and her Mom is Karen, who was like the last of the really pure Uzumaki clan-- even Ochimaru was fascinated with her bloodline, and the pure Uzumaki-line is so entwined with the powers of Senju that Madara saw Nagato as the best inheritor of his eyes.

So... Sarada has the Uchiha "Eyes" and the Uzumaki "Body/Chakra", and may be the first person ever born in the history since the 6th Sage with the potential to unlock the Rinnengan "naturally". Definitely broken as fuck.

Now Naruto's kids might also have the Uzumaki blood, and the Hyuga line descend's from the Sixth Sage's brother-- but both the kids lack the Byakugan (you can see the pupil drawn in the middle of both their eyes), and Naruto's Uzumaki blood isn't "pure" (he's unable to use the Uzumaki chakra chains). Plus, remember that the Uzumaki blood is stronger in women, so either way, Sarada's inheritance is way way stronger than Bolt's.

She's gonna be beastly (assuming this manga doesn't die, but that's unlikely)

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
It's a sequel series and it's also a mini series. It's like an extended epilogue. Also: that first chapter was fucking awesome and no amount of your insistence on Sakura or Sarada's basicness will actually make those characters basic in this first chapter.

SO LETS CHILL ON THE JUDGMENT AND "groan more NARUTO?????" AS IF THATS THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD. Shit man that was probably the most intriguing Naruto chapter in years.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's a sequel series and it's also a mini series. It's like an extended epilogue. Also: that first chapter was fucking awesome and no amount of your insistence on Sakura or Sarada's basicness will actually make those characters basic in this first chapter.

SO LETS CHILL ON THE JUDGMENT AND "groan more NARUTO?????" AS IF THATS THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD. Shit man that was probably the most intriguing Naruto chapter in years.
Don't make anything I said not legitimate-- and groaning about bad manga is an internet past time. If bitching about crap being crappy wasn't fun, people wouldn't do it.

Also this chapter was crap. *thumbs up*

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's a troll ploy. Get the series going by making it seem like Karin is actually Sarada's mom.

That, or Sakura is the best representation of the clingiest person who will never let go of the one she loves.

So either Chouchou is an idiot or her dad never got around to explaining they have to be fat to use his family's jutsu...probably both.

More interesting there's other potential sharingan users, though they're a bit behind the times if they think his worst crime is killing Itachi. That or maybe Itachi had some humping sessions while out and about and didn't think he'd left any kids around.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The page where they show the sharingan boy's eyes then suddenly the next panel is Sarada's eyes (which aren't sharingan) and there's Sarada adjusting her glasses in the last page just like Karin too... but it all could be as religiousjedi said. I'm really curious about the guy with the Akatsuki robe and the sharingan boy though.

This might be too crazy to be true, but what if Sarada's eyes got stolen from her at birth and transplanted to someone else because of their power, and she received Karin's eyes instead? That would explain why she hasn't been seen with the Sharingan yet and why she needs glasses (maybe even the exact same pair as Karin), as well as the issue with Sasuke's attacker. Either way, I kind of doubt Karin is her actual mother, but we'll see.

I dunno, to me it's just an intentional coincidence for Kishimoto to troll us, designing Sarada to look like Karin.

Only other thing I can think of is Sakura adopted her, regardless Sasuke is her father or not (if I were Sasuke I wouldn't touch stalker Karin with a 10 foot pole, let alone inseminate it).

Chou Toshio

Over9000
This might be too crazy to be true, but what if Sarada's eyes got stolen from her at birth and transplanted to someone else because of their power, and she received Karin's eyes instead? That would explain why she hasn't been seen with the Sharingan yet and why she needs glasses (maybe even the exact same pair as Karin), as well as the issue with Sasuke's attacker. Either way, I kind of doubt Karin is her actual mother, but we'll see.

You do remember that both Obito and Sasuke had not awakened the Sharingan by Sarada's age yet. (technically Sasuke had, but only because Itachi murdered everyone, and he couldn't even remember it or use it). Itachi awakened his completely at age 6 I believe, but that was in the middle of a world war... It's also said that many Uchiha never awaken it.

Inversely it would be more unusual if Sarada had awakened the Sharingan, especially in this time of peace.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Narutopedia mentions that Sarada HAS awakened her sharingan, as per some drawing but who knows. Also, apparently Chou Chou mentioned that she'll pass her genin exam easily so she's skilled??

But what about the taboo that no female Uchiha has awakened the sharingan? (at least in manga, on anime filler, there was a chapter about Izanami creation that showed a female Sharingan user)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Anycase, regardless of who the mother is, we know that Sarada's birth has something strange going on-- that much I think is confirmed in this chapter. No birth records, hard-lipped medical nins-- something's up.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Assuming the looks similarities and the glasses bits aren't red herrings, this chapter's "shadiness" around Sarada's birth has me much inclined to believe that Orochimaru inseminated Karin with Sasuke's sperm to merge pure uchiha / uzumaki bloodlines.

Like Chou Toshio mentioned, this series places serious emphasis on genetics, and if I'm correct, there hasn't been a single person who was a combination of pure Uzumaki / Uchiha bloodlines ever in history?

That would probably explain why Orochimaru would want to do it and also why Karin's birth is so hush hush in the village.

I'm not sure why Sasuke / Sakura didn't have a kid of their own (though technically, we don't know if they didn't), but this would also make Sakura seem less "pathetic", though honestly, I didn't personally think she was pathetic at all for taking care of Sarada even if Sasuke did get with Karin.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My money's on the mystery man being Uchiha Shisui.
nah, my guess is itachi had a lover or something. both of shisui's eyes were accounted for and destroyed. the kid has white hair so I have my fingers crossed for a kaguya, maybe even a shikotsumyaku/sharingan dual kekkei genkai fella

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
nah, my guess is itachi had a lover or something. both of shisui's eyes were accounted for and destroyed. the kid has white hair so I have my fingers crossed for a kaguya, maybe even a shikotsumyaku/sharingan dual kekkei genkai fella
Couldn't the mystery man white haired sharingan kid is reporting to still be Shisui without his eyes?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
it could be, but we really dont know anythigf about shisui other than he had the strongest sharingan technique. since the the technique were inside of the eyes themselves, I don't see what the point would be of making it blind shisui. shisui also was dedicated to konoha, so not making a single appearance at all during the main series would be kind of fishy. itachi also claimed to have killed him for mangekyou. considering shisui was blind at the time and itachi had the best sharingan prior to mangekyou deteriorating his vision, so I can't imagine him surviving that scenario. maybe he could be edo tenseied or something, but I think kishimoto is gonna make it itachi's secret wife and the kid is his son so the uchiha clan isnt descended solely from sasuke.

Aldaron

geriatric
it could be, but we really dont know anythigf about shisui other than he had the strongest sharingan technique. since the the technique were inside of the eyes themselves, I don't see what the point would be of making it blind shisui. shisui also was dedicated to konoha, so not making a single appearance at all during the main series would be kind of fishy. itachi also claimed to have killed him for mangekyou. considering shisui was blind at the time and itachi had the best sharingan prior to mangekyou deteriorating his vision, so I can't imagine him surviving that scenario. maybe he could be edo tenseied or something, but I think kishimoto is gonna make it itachi's secret wife and the kid is his son so the uchiha clan isnt descended solely from sasuke.
oh, i agree with you, was just saying it could be

everything we know about shisui makes him even more of a loyal ninja than itachi, so it would be a bit out of character

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
But what about the taboo that no female Uchiha has awakened the sharingan? (at least in manga, on anime filler, there was a chapter about Izanami creation that showed a female Sharingan user)

Sexism no jutsu....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)