Bad Luck You've Had So Far

Reviving a Shieldon in X only to find that it has a 0 IV in Defense...

Really release Shieldon?
Bye-bye, Shieldon!
If you just wanted to use it in-game, IVs don't really matter. Case in point: My B2 Lucario carried me through the game despite having a 0 SAtk IV.
For competitive use, well, that's what breeding is for. :P

If you just wanted to use it in-game, IVs don't really matter. Case in point: My B2 Lucario carried me through the game despite having a 0 SAtk IV.
For competitive use, well, that's what breeding is for. :P
Hell, sometimes it doesn't matter in competitive. My T-tar had 2 Def IVs last gen and I used her in almost every battle and she did fine. Hell, she once survived a Choice Banded Scizor's Bullet Punch only to launch a Fire Blast off.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Hell, sometimes it doesn't matter in competitive. My T-tar had 2 Def IVs last gen and I used her in almost every battle and she did fine. Hell, she once survived a Choice Banded Scizor's Bullet Punch only to launch a Fire Blast off.
How I read this: Use your Bulky DD Shiny Altaria. Its 3 Atk IVs is just as good as 31.

I deserve to loose if I use it don't I? :P

I once saw Cursed Body disable Fake Out.
How I read this: Use your Bulky DD Shiny Altaria. Its 3 Atk IVs is just as good as 31.

I deserve to loose if I use it don't I? :P
What I am saying is that IVs aren't as important as EVs and Natures. The boost I had going from nothing to EV Training was way larger than the boost from EV Training and EV Training + Perfect IVs.
Also, that Shiny Altaria will still do a ton of damage with many OHKOs remaining OHKOs. If you want to, use it. And *lose.

Last edited:
Okay, I was having difficulties against this Garchomp as my usual counter (Gliscor) died eariler in the match due to my own stupidity. So I send in Sylveon and used Hyper Voice. Garchomp goes first and uses Iron Head. My heart sank then my Sylveon survived with a sliver of HP. So I was looking forward to Garchomp to be at least weakened enough for Mega Scizor to pick up the KO with Bullet Punch (if not KOed outright) and...Sylveon flinched. I lost that match.

Another match: My Jellicent's Cursed Body disabled my Rhyperior's Earthquake...

Last edited:
Getting stuck with Wobbuffet in a Psychic-type Friend Safari where the owner hasn't become Champion yet. I now have to waste my time killing those in my search for good Munna.

My entire casual team, Sylveon, Aerodactyl, Nidoking, Charizard, Greninja, and Dragonite, can't learn False Swipe. And they are all 90+... if I see a shiny when I'm using them, I'm going to kill myself.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Getting stuck with Wobbuffet in a Psychic-type Friend Safari where the owner hasn't become Champion yet. I now have to waste my time killing those in my search for good Munna.
There's a difference between being unlucky and not being properly prepared.

Lead with a Ghost or give your False Swiper a Shed Shell. Problem solved.

There's a difference between being unlucky and not being properly prepared.

Lead with a Ghost or give your False Swiper a Shed Shell. Problem solved.
It's not really Shadow Tag that's the problem, it's the fact that it wastes a slot that could have gotten Sigilyph or Espurr, both much more usable than Wobb.

My entire casual team, Sylveon, Aerodactyl, Nidoking, Charizard, Greninja, and Dragonite, can't learn False Swipe. And they are all 90+... if I see a shiny when I'm using them, I'm going to kill myself.
This is exactly why I save my Master Ball. I had nothing with False Swipe when I encountered a Shiny Sandshrew and I was fine.

Master Rank Cuteness Contest. Final appeal comes up, and I'm about to use Grass Knot, going third, which will surely set off a Spectacular Talent. Instead, this happens:
Macherie (Chaz's Machoke) used Attract!
Mara (my Marill) was too nervous to move!

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So I was nuzlocking through white a good while back for fun, and the minccino that professor juniper used to demonstrate catching was shiny ;_;

Also: got parahaxed 6 times in a row and missed 2 fire punches due to hustle in that same run :L RNG loooves me

Here's the good luck: I'm playing a randomizer of FireRed and my starter is Entei.
Here's the bad luck: one of the first things I encounter on Route 1 that I can catch: Entei.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So, I've been replaying Platinum on and off for the past few months. Earlier today, I threw honey on a whole bunch of honey trees in the game for shits and giggles. I went and checked them a couple of minutes ago and ended up finding a shiny Combee.....that was Male. -.-

Good luck: Breeding for Minccino in AS, neither parent has a jolly nature. End up with a 6IV Jolly one.

and, to counter that.

Breeding for Analytic Elgyem. Both parents 5/6 IVs and the mother with Analytic. The only ones with a usable IV spread have synchronise or telepathy and every single analytic one is like no SpA ivs for yoooou~, but have 31 attack.

I ran into somebody's Skiploom in X that landed Sleep Powder three times in a row. I also had my Pidgeotto get a combination of paralysis/flinch for four turns in a row.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)