Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best Pokémon to use to catch others?

Breloom - has Spore and False Swipe
Smeargle - has Spore, False Swipe, and Odor Sleuth / Foresight for Ghost-types (and Mean Look / Spider web for roamers in older gens), but has a HORRENDOUS attack
Gallade - has Hypnosis and False Swipe (and Mean Look for roamers in older gens), and has the highest Attack stat of the 3, but Hypnosis has poor accuracy

I'm thinking Breloom. Am I missing any? Who do you all think is the best?

What's the best Pokémon to use to catch others?

Breloom - has Spore and False Swipe
Smeargle - has Spore, False Swipe, and Odor Sleuth / Foresight for Ghost-types (and Mean Look / Spider web for roamers in older gens), but has a HORRENDOUS attack
Gallade - has Hypnosis and False Swipe (and Mean Look for roamers in older gens), and has the highest Attack stat of the 3, but Hypnosis has poor accuracy

I'm thinking Breloom. Am I missing any? Who do you all think is the best?
All three have their merits, and Smeargle can Sketch Super Fang to help weaken stuff into False Swipe range if needed. It really depends on WHAT you're trying to catch at the time and in what generation. Gallade was often the preferred catcher, I believe, as unless something had Roar/Whirlwind it really didn't matter all too much about Hypnosis' iffy accuracy. (and most things don't have the catch rate of 3 anyway)

If you're soft resetting Legendary Pokemon in gen 6, you'll often want Staraptor for Final Gambit and Smeargle with Spore and Agility/Rock Polish (and often Taunt as well) to check HP and Speed respectfully. I'd say more about that, but Buckert's got a guide to soft reset every obtainable Legendary in this generation.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Does Tickle always hit through Substitute, or is it not supposed too?

I was playing in the Emerald Battle Tower a little bit earlier, and an AI's Omanyte succeeded in using Tickle on my Latios while it had a Sub up. So apparently it hits through in Emerald at the very least.

Does Tickle always hit through Substitute, or is it not supposed too?

I was playing in the Emerald Battle Tower a little bit earlier, and an AI's Omanyte succeeded in using Tickle on my Latios while it had a Sub up. So apparently it hits through in Emerald at the very least.
Strange. Tickle shouldn't be able to hit through subs.

What do I need to do in Pokémon-Amie to evolve my Eevee into Slyveon? I understand that I need to max out affection, fullness, and enjoyment. Fullness is eating Poké Puffs, and enjoyment is playing the minigames, right? What about affection? How can I keep track of these stats?

Also, where is the best place in X/Y to battle high-level trainers post-game besides the Elite 4 and Serena? The only other one I know of is the Battle Chateau, but that requires tons of battles against low-level opponents before the higher-leveled ones appear.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
What do I need to do in Pokémon-Amie to evolve my Eevee into Slyveon? I understand that I need to max out affection, fullness, and enjoyment. Fullness is eating Poké Puffs, and enjoyment is playing the minigames, right? What about affection? How can I keep track of these stats?
Affection is basically the hearts you see. Feed it, play with it, pet it, and before you know, it will have more hearts next to its name on the general Amie screen. Once it has two hearts, you can level it up and it'll evolve into Sylveon.

Also, where is the best place in X/Y to battle high-level trainers post-game besides the Elite 4 and Serena? The only other one I know of is the Battle Chateau, but that requires tons of battles against low-level opponents before the higher-leveled ones appear.
The restaurants in Lumiose City. Don't bother with Sushi High Roller, as that will cost more than it returns, but Restaurant le Wow is considered the best place to level up, since any O-powers activated before you start the chain of meals will remain active for all the four (five?) battles.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Affection is basically the hearts you see. Feed it, play with it, pet it, and before you know, it will have more hearts next to its name on the general Amie screen. Once it has two hearts, you can level it up and it'll evolve into Sylveon.

The restaurants in Lumiose City. Don't bother with Sushi High Roller, as that will cost more than it returns, but Restaurant le Wow is considered the best place to level up, since any O-powers activated before you start the chain of meals will remain active for all the four (five?) battles.
I believe Eevee also needs to know a Fairy-type move to evolve into Sylveon on top of what Codraroll said.

What do I need to do in Pokémon-Amie to evolve my Eevee into Sylveon? I understand that I need to max out affection, fullness, and enjoyment. Fullness is eating Poké Puffs, and enjoyment is playing the minigames, right? What about affection? How can I keep track of these stats?

Feed it Poke Puffs until it won't eat anymore, play a mini-game, (very easy to level up, just do well enough) pet it until a music note appears, rinse and repeat until it runs around in a circle a couple times. You need only get to two hearts of affection and Eevee know a Fairy move (it learns Baby-Doll Eyes and Charm at level 9 and 29 respectively) to evolve it into Sylveon. If you bred it this shouldn't be too difficult.

Restaurant Le Wow is the best place to train in X/Y hands down.

Will I get a certain reward if I beat Lisia in all of the Master Rank contests? I got a candle/light earlier, but I was hoping for something better. I remember getting a bird-like statue in R/S/E.

Will I get a certain reward if I beat Lisia in all of the Master Rank contests? I got a candle/light earlier, but I was hoping for something better. I remember getting a bird-like statue in R/S/E.
Doesn't seem like it. The Lucarionite and Star Light decoration are it as far as rewards go.

I just did a bit of research on it, and I came across a guy that actually has that glass ornament.
http://i.imgur.com/hWeR4Or.jpg

So it's actually possible? How do I get that, lol.
Oh that? Fill up all the portraits in the Lilycove museum with your Pokemon's pictures - three from every contest type. The curator will give you that ornament after.

But you'd know this already if you poked over at Serebii's page for the OR/AS contests. (scroll down to near the bottom)

I ordered it recently from eBay, and I was super excited when it arrived. I'd played it years before at a friend's house, so I'd never had the chance to beat it. I'd played and beaten its sequel: Gale of Darkness, many times, but I've never had the opportunity to conquer the game that started the playable adventures for non-portable consoles in the Pokemon World.

Until now.

So I ask any veteran Colosseum players out there: what is the best team for beating the game's worst bosses and making it out on top?

I'd like a team that I can stick with all the way through, and I'd like to keep Umbreon and Espeon due to their offensive and defensive compliments to each other.

I was thinking about catching tricks to weaken a mon to 1 HP faster, so I need mons who learn the following move/ability combos:
Trick/Switcheroo/Bestow + OHKO move
Endure/Sturdy + Endeavor
Heal Block + False Swipe

Status moves are optional. Also, don't say Smeargle.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I was thinking about catching tricks to weaken a mon to 1 HP faster, so I need mons who learn the following move/ability combos:
Trick/Switcheroo/Bestow + OHKO move
Endure/Sturdy + Endeavor
Heal Block + False Swipe

Status moves are optional. Also, don't say Smeargle.
Just use Spore Breloom + False Swipe (and maybe Swords Dance).

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just got locked out of Pokemon Bank coz my "connection was interrupted during the last session" (wifi issues), how long does this usually last?

My Pokémon Platinum cartridge had always worked fine. After not playing it for about 2 years, I tried to play it, and my DS said that there was no game cart inserted. I tried it in other DS systems, and it behaved the same. I cleaned the connecting pins with alcohol and a q-tip, and the same thing is still happening.

Is there anything else I can try in attempt to get my game running again? I have tons of important Pokémon on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)