Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

If you're running Varian I'd still use Shieldmaidens over Justicar because of how much better they are to pull from him

Otherwise I think Justicar 1 Shieldmaiden is really good

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
combo druid is actually really good again. been facerolling my way through ranked and probably will hit legend with this deck.

also i tried a control warrior deck with justicar over a shieldmaiden and i liked it a lot but the problem is i dont feel that control warrior is good when patron still exists and is excellent vs this pally meta. also there are a lot less hunters on ladder so being able to farm those as control warrior isn't an option anymore :(

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I've picked up playing control Hunter and I have had mixed success with it. I'm probably not the best player in the world by any means as I am still learning the ropes but I am beginning to feel confident in matchup strength.

Webspinner is mostly tech at this point and I'm trying to find something to better fit the slot. The guide I pulled this list from did not have Acolyte of Pain or Webspinner or a second UTH and instead had Dreadscale (Don't have this card which is why I ran UTH) and 2 Houndmasters which quite frankly felt underwhelming when I tested the deck. This is why I put an Acolyte in for card draw and a Spinner for an early game minion. Otherwise I have been thinking about running either another Acolyte or a Sylvanas but I've already got so many turn 6 minions and there aren't a whole lot of turn 4 choices other than Houndmaster for this deck. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Sitting here laughing as I get stomped by these extremely powerful now-refined Midrange Secret Paladins that scrublords here kept calling "garbage" even despite me playing what one would generally consider a counter (Dragon Warrior)

We'll see what kind of b.s. the Edgemasters can spew next to try and convince themselves the deck isn't great

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Regardless aggro secret paladin is trash. I'm having a ton of fun farming them on the ladder, as Mr.E watched me do just today! Midrange version is okay, it's probably like low t1 or high t2, but not as good as Dragon Priest or Control (not Dragon) Warrior is.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I couldn't call Dragon Priest a deck that should be put anywhere close to T1 since it's got a incredibly large issue where it can just get fucked since its curve is pretty high for a deck that's so reliant on tempo. You can straight lose to aggro because you couldn't mulligan into a situation where you were able to effect the board before Turn 3, and that's too big of an issue to call it T1 imo. You also can't lower the curve since you'll just get facerolled by control and handlock....

Also in retrospect, I feel pretty good calling a lot of the cards. All the Hero Power support cards (ex lady, commander, etc) being garbage, Lock and Load being massively overrated, Murloc Knight being a god...

Missed Mysterious Challenger though. Who knew a 6 mana card that drew 5 cards and bought back 5 mana would be good, right?!? it kinda seems silly in hindsight

Dragon Priest: Where you either get a good mulligan and dominate with your absurd 2-3-4-5 curve and win, or you get a bad mulligan and get rolled over. Super high skillcap deck boyz

Is "attrition priest" a thing? Something like 2x Shadowbomber 2x Spawn of Shadows, along with 2x Auchenai Soulpriest/2x Flash Heal/2x Refreshment Vendor. Add in some spellpower, some board clear, and maybe even Mind Blast and let your dreams become memes.

Is "attrition priest" a thing? Something like 2x Shadowbomber 2x Spawn of Shadows, along with 2x Auchenai Soulpriest/2x Flash Heal/2x Refreshment Vendor. Add in some spellpower, some board clear, and maybe even Mind Blast and let your dreams become memes.
If this ever becomes an actual deck that influences the game in any meaningful way I will uninstall Hearthstone

Speaking of bad decks here's me having a lulzy time with Inspire Warrior

Just wondering about how people play when they have 40 quests. I myself generally want to get as much gold as possible, so I'll reroll 40s and only complete them only if i have a full loadout and got trolled by RNG (most hated quests are hence beat down, meek, mighty, 3 victories, spellmaster, destroy them all). I'm assuming truly competitive players don't really care about losing 20 gold a day considering they rake in 100 from 30 play wins, but I'm just curious as to what more casual players do.

Face priest has a lot of the tools face hunter has to win the game sans hero power (and I've seen people play shadowform in those decks to counter that), plus the advantage that nobody mulligans around that shit (probably the reason it wins most of its games tbh, so pretty gimmicky at best), and a few better cards in similar slots. We're creeping up on enough cards that just do efficient damage that it's not entirely unrealistic. But no, that deck won't ever influence anything cause it's not all that different from face hunter, so it'll just rise and fall with it at best, and that style of play isn't even all that popular at the moment. It's just another fast deck is all, but at least it has a plan and sticks to it. I wouldn't call it illegitimate in the slightest.

I love tempo style priest builds, but I'm still unsure about dragon decks. They're definitely not easy to play, especially the priest version, and I don't think they're bad either, but it's just not my style. Feels like reverse mech mage or undertaker decks when those existed, in that the restrictions on your curve require drawing top end earlier instead of mulliganing for it, and I didn't even enjoy having to mulligan for my synergy. I haven't done the math on how many dragons of each mana slot affects things, so my opinion might change, but the starting hand size of this game is probably too small imo. I guess my problem is a lack of motivation, like why include all of this synergy when its so hard to pull off and I could just play a different priest list to tech around the meta.

Acklow

The amount of priest and paladin I see on the ladder is disgusting and makes me want to puke everytime I see either.

Dragon Priest is brain numbingly simple to me. You just play on curve and if your mulligan was good you'll probably win because very few decks can keep up with what the Dragon Priest will be pumping out. The only real decision making comes when your mulligan was bad, but in that case the best decision mght as well be to hit the Escape key and click the top option on the window that pops up

Face Priest has a faster start than Face Hunter if you get super lucky with it. In fact, Face Warrior is theoretically one of the best face decks because they have 6 damage for 2 mana in Win Axe.

Fortunately, I feel like TGT has slowed down the meta a bit. Not a lot, mind you, as Face Hunter is still pretty decent, but I'm loving the lack of heavy aggro on the ladder (or at least, where I am on the ladder). I've seen, among other weird decks, Tournament Medic Inspire Warlock, Joust Shaman, and Silver Hand Regent Paladin.

Acklow

Let me preface this little story by saying that Lock n Load is a great card. I am sad I didn't screenshot it, but I recently had a game against a warlock where he managed to get two Mal'Ganises thanks to a Bane of Doom which he proceeded to Defender of Argus. I was playing my Control Hunter deck. The only cards I had in my hand was Lock n Load and UTH (Lock n Load was free thanks to 2 procs of Emperor earlier in the game). I had 12 life and he had 8. I drew Vilemaw and proceeded to wipe his board. Then I was able to win the game. :)

Vilemaw MVP

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Just wondering about how people play when they have 40 quests. I myself generally want to get as much gold as possible, so I'll reroll 40s and only complete them only if i have a full loadout and got trolled by RNG (most hated quests are hence beat down, meek, mighty, 3 victories, spellmaster, destroy them all). I'm assuming truly competitive players don't really care about losing 20 gold a day considering they rake in 100 from 30 play wins, but I'm just curious as to what more casual players do.
Make more gold than I care to spend (I could still be crafting shit if I grinded arena all day but other than like Chillmaw I don't care about missing too much even with TGT out), so I just fuckin' do my quests when the queue is full. I'd almost prefer to keep 40g quests because they're more gold for time spent doing them, although I don't go that far.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I also don't give a shit about quests. I mostly reroll till they're one of the two or three classes I feel like playing or are non class specific. Honestly the best decks in the game are pretty cheap if you pick them so of you getting those you get your rewards anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)