The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the Denver Broncos are the dirtiest team in the NFL

Ward punching Maclin the week after Talib tries to gouge Dwanye allen's eyes out

I think I'm more upset that the Refriots won but at least the Cowboys' playoffs hopes are still alive!

For some definition of "alive."
Are you serious? Did you not see the BS PI call that Butler got? The refs were terrible for both teams this game. Don't think for one second that the Patriots had every call made to benefit them. It seemed more like it was the opposite.

Patriots haters always make me laugh. Can't wait for the excuses when we finish the season 16-0 heading into the playoffs.

The Giants lost to the patriots in a game where tom brady lost his no.1 receiver and had 5 traffic cones blocking for him
Edelman is mediocre. The Giants were missing Cruz, who if he was playing this game wouldn't have even been close. Pats are mediocre and when the Giants make the superbowl i hope it's against the Pats because their garbage defense can't stop the Giants and the best group of receivers in the league. The pats are definitely the weakest out of the Broncos, Gals and Pats.

Edelman is mediocre. The Giants were missing Cruz, who if he was playing this game wouldn't have even been close. Pats are mediocre and when the Giants make the superbowl i hope it's against the Pats because their garbage defense can't stop the Giants and the best group of receivers in the league. The pats are definitely the weakest out of the Broncos, Gals and Pats.
How are you still allowed to post here?

Irrelevant, I suppose... No one takes you seriously anyway.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's at least arguable that Edelman would be mediocre on other teams, but you can't deny how effective and versatile he is in the Patriots' scheme. Additionally, the Patriots' defense seemed to do a good enough job stopping the Giants last night. Outside of his 87 yard fluke TD (which should have been limited to a ~25 yard gain had the safety not taken literally the most terrible angle ever), Beckham caught three passes for 17 yards. Now, I'm not disputing the kid's talent, because he's very good, but how do you figure the Giants have the best group of receivers in the league? The next leading receiver on their team is Reuben Randle. I could probably name at least a dozen other WR tandems that are collectively better than those two. Finally, it's laughable that you even still are talking about Cruz. It's obvious to everyone else but Giants fans that the guy was a flash in the pan and stopped putting in effort as soon as he got his big payday.

The only thing keeping the Giants competitive is Tom Coughlin's great coaching and the decent season Eli Manning is having.

Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns is a pretty dang good WR tandem if i do say so myself. :>
Problem is that the Jaguars have a god awful O Line who can't protect Bortles very well. I will say that Bortles looks much better than last season but he's still getting beat up a lot. Robinson and Hurns look deadly to opposing secondaries but again, Bortles gets beat up before he can see either of them open. I would also like to say that TJ Yeldon looks better than I expected but ,despite the better offense, the Jags' biggest problem is still their offense.... kek
In all seriousness though, I actually want Jacksonville and Tennessee to step up and compete with Indy because it would make AFC South games much more interesting and it would mean more when the Colts 6-0 the division instead of right now when they're basically gimmes. Houston can go fuck themselves though. Injured Foster, Brian Hoyer, and BOB(who's a shitty coach) lmao. The only person on that offense doing anything is DeAndre Hopkins. JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney look good but apparently it's not enough to keep them in games.

what was that shady Chinese site that had replica gear for cheap?

i love the Jags but holy shit i'm not paying $160 for a jersey or $40+ for a fucking t-shirt.

It's at least arguable that Edelman would be mediocre on other teams, but you can't deny how effective and versatile he is in the Patriots' scheme. Additionally, the Patriots' defense seemed to do a good enough job stopping the Giants last night. Outside of his 87 yard fluke TD (which should have been limited to a ~25 yard gain had the safety not taken literally the most terrible angle ever), Beckham caught three passes for 17 yards. Now, I'm not disputing the kid's talent, because he's very good, but how do you figure the Giants have the best group of receivers in the league? The next leading receiver on their team is Reuben Randle. I could probably name at least a dozen other WR tandems that are collectively better than those two. Finally, it's laughable that you even still are talking about Cruz. It's obvious to everyone else but Giants fans that the guy was a flash in the pan and stopped putting in effort as soon as he got his big payday.

The only thing keeping the Giants competitive is Tom Coughlin's great coaching and the decent season Eli Manning is having.
I'm not denying that Edelman isn't effective with the Patriots, he is. But just like Blount and that rb who is lost for the season, they aren't good league wide and none are even top 30 in their respective positions. They get hype because the pats win, but individually they're all mediocre as hell. Gronk, and Brady to a lesser extent this year, are the only players who are dominating. Take Welker for example, i gave him huge props because he could actually do something with the ball and was the absolute best at what he did. And for example, even in 2013 with Cruz only playing 14 games he still had a better season that year than Edelman will ever have. That's how crappy of a player he is. Literally pick any 3rd string/back up wide receiver from any team and their probably better than Edelman.

Also, most long touchdowns are flukes. And i'm just laughing at people saying that pats cornerback shut down ODB. Hahah 104 and a touchdown yeah bravo sir, bravo.

The only thing keeping the Giants competitive is that the NFC East sucks. However i'm not worrying because this Giants team is good enough to win it all this season. They just need to get their crap together. People don't realize how scary a team is when you can't stop their offense and their defense is fantastic at forcing turnovers. If the Giants make the playoffs putting a couple wins together and get confident there isn't a team in this league that won't be blown out by that combination.

the pittsburgh steelers and denver broncos, among others, would like a word with you

Point is moot since Cruz is out for the year. Though it's still a legitimate discussion since ODB is the best wr in the league anyway so the giants have that going for them.

Last edited:
None of the Panthers WR are better than Edelman. Even KB is debatable.

Dion Lewis was definitely top 30 at the position

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Tom Brady makes every receiver look great when he puts it right in their breadbasket on every throw. Edelman would see a considerable dropoff upon going to just about any other team; why? Because he wouldn't have a HOFer throwing him the ball each down.

Antonio Brown is better than Odell Beckham Jr.
I would also say that Dez Beyant, DT, Megatron, Hopkins, and TY are better than Odell. Odell has the potential to become better in the future but this is only his 2nd year in the league. Let's not hype him up too much. Ok maybe not TY but I'm a Colts fan dammit, TY is also extremely underrated...

Also, most long touchdowns are flukes.
Hmmmmmm.....
And i'm just laughing at people saying that pats cornerback shut down ODB. Hahah 104 and a touchdown yeah bravo sir, bravo.
So outside of one fluke play (which was mainly McCourty's fault for basically taking Butler out of the play after the catch was made and letting OBJ getting an extra 65 YAC) Butler held him to 3 Receptions for 17 Yards. Seems like a shutdown performance, at least in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)