Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For future reference, if you type "/learn gengar, sludge wave" into any chat box (battle or not), you should get "gen 5 dream world" and "gen 6 event: 3 gengar". While it's true that the event you talk about is shiny, Gen5 Dream World Gastly from Spooky Manor is not.
I did type it and got no results, it was just blank. And I'm sorry I didn't know about the Spooky Manor from Dream World, that was my bad.

I was testing on my alt, reds gh0st,and I had found that my landorus whasnt taking LO damage don't know if this is a bug or not but I figured I'd report it just in case

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I was testing on my alt, reds gh0st,and I had found that my landorus whasnt taking LO damage don't know if this is a bug or not but I figured I'd report it just in case
Were you using Landorus-i with sheer force? Because if you use it and you click a move with a secondary effect, the pokemon doesn't take life orb recoil.

Interesting bug: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-296263669

On turn 9, with my AV Victini, I used Bolt Strike on a (confirmed scarf by my opponent) TTar and paralyzed it. The next turn, I used U-turn on the TTar which crit it. I am assuming that the simulator still rolled to see whether or not TTar would be paralyzed, and if it had survived it would have gotten the full paralysis while trying to go for Pursuit on my U-turn.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Interesting bug: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-296263669

On turn 9, with my AV Victini, I used Bolt Strike on a (confirmed scarf by my opponent) TTar and paralyzed it. The next turn, I used U-turn on the TTar which crit it. I am assuming that the simulator still rolled to see whether or not TTar would be paralyzed, and if it had survived it would have gotten the full paralysis while trying to go for Pursuit on my U-turn.
Haha that's a pretty amusing bug. Thanks for reporting, it'll be fixed next restart!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hello, (sorry if this has been brought up before but 244 pages is a lot to go through) when I was trying to build a Gen 2 OU team, the standard bellyzard set was rejected. I believe the issue has to do with the moves belly drum and rock slide being used together. The moves fire blast and earthquake are TMs and shouldn't cause the problem.
Gen 2 move incompatibilities are a known issue, as per this thread in Ruins of Alph. Joim is slowly working on fixing them, hopefully in time for Smogon Premier League 7 coming up soon.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Validating a team in the teambuilder for the PU tier seems to be broken. It sets it to Anything Goes automatically. My team was UU but I set the format to PU to show the issue.

Reactions: g
The /clear command isn't working when it is included in multiple lines of text (with Shift+Enter).
Not the most urgent bug, but it's pretty weird.

Edit: /rank doesn't work with it either.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Not necessarily a bug, but in the avatar list, there are some duplicates.

And some of them are slightly cut off in the sprites list. Which is really easy to see on:

Introduction
[00:25] <woodchuck> and if people are mad tell them to be angry at me​
This thread is dedicated to reporting all kind of bugs in Pokemon Showdown.
Note that issues with sprites go in another thread.
Also, if you don't want to report a bug, but rather to ask a question use the SQSA threads about Pokémon or about the simulator.
This is not the place to post if you're having trouble connecting or if you have a feature request. It is ALSO not the place to post about problems with the ladder.

Rules
Before reporting a bug,
  • ...check the lists of Not Bugs and Known Bugs in the post below.
  • ...look up the relevant moves/abilities/items on Veekun and the first post of the Smogon Research thread. Don't look on Serebii, Bulbapedia, or Smogon's own dex, they are too unreliable.
  • ...if your problem involves incorrect damage, include your damage calculation. This is my damage calculator of choice, but there are plenty of others.
  • ...make sure your opponent's pokemon isn't Zorua/Zoroark
  • ...save a replay (the "Share" button, or alternately the "/savereplay" command), generate a screenshot or copy the FULL log of the battle to include in your post
  • ...make sure no one has reported this bug on, say, the last page or two of the thread. No one expects you to go through the whole thread, but it's kind of ridiculous when three posts in a row report the same problem.
  • ...make sure this bug exists on the official server, and with no custom styles enabled.

If you are posting a screenshot, PLEASE put HIDE tags around it. No one likes having their browser stretched by an enormous image.
Hello,

After sacking off a Pokemon to Sand Rush Excadrill, I switch in Charizard and Mega-Evolve to Charizard-Y. This changes the weather from Sand to Sun. Timid max speed Zard-y (328 speed) should out speed Jolly Excadrill (302 Speed). Excadrill was not scarfed.

This has happened to me twice now. This mechanic did not occur as of yesterday. Please refer to turn 6

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-297266315

Hello,

After sacking off a Pokemon to Sand Rush Excadrill, I switch in Charizard and Mega-Evolve to Charizard-Y. This changes the weather from Sand to Sun. Timid max speed Zard-y (328 speed) should out speed Jolly Excadrill (302 Speed). Excadrill was not scarfed.

This has happened to me twice now. This mechanic did not occur as of yesterday. Please refer to turn 6

Move order occurs at the very beginning of the turn. Since you weren't mega yet, Sand Rush would still be in effect, making Exca faster. It's the same thing that causes MSableye to use Prankster on the turn it megas.

Hello,

Which Pokemon moves first and last is decided before any of the sides decide what moves to make or anything like that. That was before you had mega evolved, and the sand was still up. Therefore, Excadrill outsped.

Edit: Ninja'd

Move order occurs at the very beginning of the turn. Since you weren't mega yet, Sand Rush would still be in effect, making Exca faster. It's the same thing that causes MSableye to use Prankster on the turn it megas.
Hmmm interesting. I feel like I have been in this scenario in the past, and Charizard-y was faster. Maybe I'm going crazy.

Hmmm interesting. I feel like I have been in this scenario in the past, and Charizard-y was faster. Maybe I'm going crazy.
If you feel like something different happend in the past, in that case Charizard Y had probably mega evloved sometime before it got sent out, in which case Drought would activate and stop the sand in the very beggining of the turn, making Charizard faster

Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me that I should have save the replay, but I was fighting in Random Battle.

The lead on the opposing side was a Sableye, and I had a Wigglytuff.

The Sableye Mega Evolved, while I used Dazzling Gleam. Wigglytuff outspeeds the Magic Bounce Sableye.

But Mega Sableye was able to pull off a +1 Priority Calm Mind, even though it lost the Prankster Ability.

If you REALLY need a replay, let me know.

Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me that I should have save the replay, but I was fighting in Random Battle.

The lead on the opposing side was a Sableye, and I had a Wigglytuff.

The Sableye Mega Evolved, while I used Dazzling Gleam. Wigglytuff outspeeds the Magic Bounce Sableye.

But Mega Sableye was able to pull off a +1 Priority Calm Mind, even though it lost the Prankster Ability.

If you REALLY need a replay, let me know.
During the first turn of Mega-Evolution Sableye retains Prankster.

How does that even make sense? In the first turn, it has two abilities?

That's like saying Mega Absol gets the Justified Boost AND bounce back Stealth Rocks.
It's because of the fact turn order is determined at the very start of the turn, before the Mega happens. Mega Evos will always spend their first turn with their original base speed considered(which is why mons like Diancie and Bee run Protect). This includes Priority from abilities like Prankster(which is why Sableye has Prankster when it Megas and MBanette won't turn 1).

It's because of the fact turn order is determined at the very start of the turn, before the Mega happens. Mega Evos will always spend their first turn with their original base speed considered(which is why mons like Diancie and Bee run Protect). This includes Priority from abilities like Prankster(which is why Sableye has Prankster when it Megas and MBanette won't turn 1).
Ahh alright. I learned something new. I knew from playing about the Speed thing, but the Priority thing is enlightening. Thank you, guys.

So I've been getting this issue with PS since about yesterday. When I load PS only the first room I join will load and the other ones wont load and it says I'm not in the rooms even tho I have them open. To fix this yesterday I cleared my cookies and it seemed to fix the problem for that day, but now today I'm still having the same issue. One thing I found that does fix it is I have to close all my rooms and open them one by one but they load extremely slow, often times taking upwards to 10-30 seconds to load the room.

My problem is with using showdown on the safari browser(both MAC and iphone). For some reason showdown will not load when using private browsing mode.
This is what happens: http://imgur.com/e4h5twt
I have experienced this problem on both MAC and iphone. Yes it is a minor, but it is a bug nonetheless. Thank you for your time

Sleep talk 3rd Gen, again.

Hello to all. On cartridge (video game for GBA), if Sleep talk selects a move without PP the move fails, and notification to both players that the move has no PP.

I do not know how to show it, but anyone can repeat it on emulator if you can notice.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-298475844

Bye Machamp / Hariyama Rest Talk with Cross Chop :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)