Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

So apparently I hit the 65000 word limit here. This post will host the rest of my Scramble updates.
(I might even need another post since Kanto is going to be long.)

This time, we see everything get harder!

..oh wait, we need to beat Team Rocket first. Right.

Ordinary? is not doing so well. It's soloing the entire Radio Tower and associated areas, but I have to go back to the Pokemon Center a lot. Muk and Arbok drain a lot of Flamethrower PP.

So I get to the top of the left path and who do I see? It's the...Director? No that can't be right, he wouldn't be praising Team Rocket. It must be Petrel!
*I am correct*
No prior knowledge whatsoever. No sirree.

*Petrel has level 30 Koffing which aren't OHKOed by Flamethrower*
butbutbut your Special Defense is shit and I have like six levels on you. Oh well.
*Weezing is next, which outspeeds Ordinary? and OHKOes it with crit Selfdestruct*

I doubt I could have survived a non-crit one anyways. Why do they always open with suicidal moves? Is it their form of cyanide? Do they know they've already lost since I'm me and they just want to deal as much damage as they can? Or are they just dumb.
Oh wait it's Team Rocket. Of course it's the latter.

*pulls out Revive on Koffing, sacrifices Farfetch'D*
It actually took two turns for that to happen because Petrel's Koffing tried to kill it with Smog. Who knew?
*Ordinary? runs through the rest of his team.*
Well that was the easy executive. And apparently he gives me a card key for winning? Why are Rockets so generous?
Or so dumb?

Anyways, let's go into the basement!
BAM Kimono Girl ambush with useless lines.
Why is it that the game insists I go forward with the story when there is side stuff to do, and then interrupts me with a bunch of things when I'm trying to go forward with the story?
Let's go into the basement!
BAM user 18 ambush.
Well fine I'll battle you. With your stolen Sneasel. I have half a mind to solo you with that Shuckle the guy you stole the Sneasel from gave me, but Pride will have this one.
*+2 Pride OHKOes everything except Magnemite, which gets 2HKOed as it misses Supersonic*
...really. And you think you could stand up to Lance? Give me a break.

I don't get why this place is full of burglars if it was a former Rocket hideout. What is there to steal? Team Rocket is too dumb to get anything valuable, after all. We'll go back to Ordinary? soloing these guys here.

Huh. There are two Rocket Grunts patrolling the basement, but neither of them is anywhere near the Director. Is it a facade? Or is it just random movement? I'm betting the latter. At least they're not guarding a super-obvious poster.

So the Director gave me a Card Key to infiltrate the top of the Radio Tower. Why was that door closed in the first place? Was it to prevent a Rocket invasion? That worked out pretty well. Or maybe they just built it so that if Rockets took over they would have an easy way of staying in charge.
[/conspiracy]

So anyways there's four more trainers left. The lone Rocket Grunt falls quickly to Flamethrower as I press B, then Proton falls to Flamethrower, then Ariana falls to...Flamethrower. Damn that move is useful. I would use Sludge, but all their mons are Poison-type.

So now we go fight Archer! This guy we've never met! And who has physical attacking Houndour and Houndoom! Hey, it makes my solo easier.
*Ordinary? uses Sludge, 3HKOes Houndour, which burns with Fire Fang*
Well that's annoying. Fuck it, I'll just revive Ordinary? later.
*Houndoom KOes with Fire Fang, I sacrifice Farfetch'D and bring Ordinary? back in*
Alright, Sludge this motherfucker.
*Sludge is a 4HKO while Fire Fang nearly 2HKOes. 2HKO meaning full health Koffing*
Well the keyword is nearly, right? I'll just Moomoo Milk up and---
*Fire Fang burns*
*Ordinary? survives with a sliver of health left, manages to poison Houndoom before dying*
Good thing I have Revives. Pride, take this one for the team.
*Fire Fang doesn't OHKO*
*/me is shot*
*but does burn which kills Pride*
Okay Ordinary?, time to finish the job.
*Fire Fang flinches*
Time to finish the job
*Fire Fang misse*
lol that worked out very well. Now it's time for the last mon, Koffing.
*Flamethrower 2HKOes*

Well that was anticlimactic. Good thing is that Ordinary? is trying to evolve, and I can finally let him do so! You've earned it, dude.

Okay, now we can finally move on! And since there's nothing more to do, I'm actually moving on.

Actually.

Actually, never mind. The Safari Zone's second test is open! And this one has me catch a Sandshrew using this machine thingy and show it to Baoba.

While catching mons:
"Your Box 1 is full!"

(good thing they took Lanette's advice)

So apparently I'm now the owner of the Safari? Why would Baoba just give it away like that? And more importantly, why can't I call all the shots now? I still have to pay admission. It's like nothing's changed.

Now it's actually time to go on.

ACTUALLY actually.

So Route 44 is rather uneventful. The grass is on an island in middle of nowhere and all the trainers...have level 26-30 Pokemon. This is not the kind of power jump I was expecting.

Oh well, I can't exactly complain, can I?

Pride is really powerful. He's OHKOing pretty much everything. That's a far cry from Pacifist and Ordinary? though.

So now I go onto the Ice Path. Which is aptly named because it's a path that is full of ice.

And Strength puzzles, for whatever reason.

(the joke would have worked better if there actually was an Ice Heal or Regice in Ice Path)

So I make it through and this guy in Blackthorn "City" (there's like twenty people living here) is surprised that I survived. There really is no need. I always have Pride and Whitney to fall back on.

In Blackthorn City there are move deleters and tutors I can't use (well, I can teach Pacifist Frenzy Plant but recharge and 5 PP...yeah no), as well as a gym built over lava.
Where did they get the lava?

...yeah you guessed it. I'm not going into the gym.

What's in Dark Cave? Let's see...BlackGlasses (as expected), a Rare Candy, and TM54 False Swipe. Well that was a waste of time.
Route 45 is similarly barren, though not of EXP. John manages to get a lot here, which makes it like the first time he's been useful.
*gets KOed by crit Selfdestruct from wild Graveler*
...well, sorta useful.

So now it's time to enter the gym! And of course the trainers use Dratini and Seadra. Seadra is actually quite the problem since Pride doesn't OHKO it (:O) and Whitney crumbles to Hydro Pump and Brine. But it's nothing several Pokemon Center trips can't fix.
...and suddenly Clair. I'm actually going to solo Clair with Pacifist. Magical Leaf doesn't do shit against Dragonairs (or hell, even Gyarados), so I'll need some X-Specials. I won't need defensive boosts though.

*Pacifist stares down a Gyarados that has a bunch of special moves*
Alright, I have more than 120 HP, so this shouldn't be a big deal.
*Light Screen, takes a Dragon Rage*
X Special time!
*cue X Specials and lots of healing and refreshing Light Screen, as Gyarados runs out of Dragon Rage*
Time to kill!
*+2 Magical Leaf 2HKOes*
Please?
*but Gyarados has no response*
I'm really loving Pacifist's bulk right now. I don't know which Dragonair this one is but that shouldn't matter.
*Magical Leaf is a 3HKO, Dragonair uses Fire Blast*
Ideally.
*Thanks to Light Screen, Fire Blast is a 3HKO*
I'm really loving Pacifist's bulk.
*Fire Blast crits*
..........................really? I could revive and stall out the Fire Blasts but seriously *reset*

*Gyarados goes the same way, then Kingdra comes out*
Bringing out the big guns right away. I see. Well let's just use Magical Leaf.
*is 2HKO*
Nice.
*Hyper Beam crits and kills*
Not nice. *reset*

*Gyarados goes the same way again, then Kingdra comes out, and no Hyper Beam crit!*
Okay this one might actually go well.
*Fire Blast burns*
Might.
*Fortunately with lots of healing I muscle through the hax*
And this last one. I forget what this has. Maybe Ice Beam?
*Nope, Dragon Pulse*
Well this will be easy
*Kills Dragonair after a few turns*

That was slow, and very very prone to hax, but it was steady. Pacifist may not be a Whitney or Pride, but it just showed that it deserves its spot on my team.
John on the other hand...

So Clair is the little crybaby we know and love and tells us to go to the Dragon's Den and we do so because...we have no choice? So many plotholes here. But the Dragon's Den is a nice place for...well nothing in particular. There's nice EXP there I guess.

*Seadra decimates my team once again*
Dammit if I could just go two battles without seeing that thing.
*Twins with two level 35 Dratini*
Oh how cute. The little kids got Dragons.

*There's one Dragon Fang but apart from that, time for the "test"*
So the test itself has no bearing on you receiving the badge. You could put anything and still get your badge. You just can't get the Extremespeed Dratini without the right answer.
Clair: "Even I haven't passed!"
Which makes that even more sad.

So Clair gets over her failures and forks over TM Dragon Pulse which I'm not going to use ever. And then Elm calls me and says he's got something for me [SPOILER: MASTER BALL]. We then go back to New Bark Town!
...yeah no. This chapter was long enough already.

UPDATE EIGHT: Dragon's Den
Badges: 8
Retries: 6

Level: 39
Nature: Rash
Ability: Thick Fat
-Attract
-Rollout
-Stomp
-Milk Drink
Chuck soloed: yes
Leaders soloed: Morty, Chuck, Pryce
What can I say, Whitney is a beast. Literally and figuratively. Not much has changed, but not much really needed to change. Its power level may be a concern down the road but right now it's just cruisin'.

Nature: Lonely
Ability: Technician
-Swords Dance
-Roost
-X-Scissor
-Wing Attack
Jasmine soloed: yes
Brock soloed: no
Leaders soloed: Whitney, Jasmine
Pride literally deals at least twice as much damage as everything else does. Its restriction is really becoming obnoxious though, but it's just that much better than Pacifist and Ordinary? that that's not really going to become an issue. It just might not reclaim the MVP spot until after Brock, which is totally fine.

Level: 40
Nature: Brave
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Magical Leaf
-Synthesis
Elder Li soloed: yes
Light Screen learned: yes
Leaders soloed: Clair
I actually did not need to TM Light Screen. Whatever. Pacifist showed its positive qualities here and though literally everything else deals more damage, it can take as many hits as it wants. Magical Leaf is also really good for things like Clair's Smokescreen-spamming Kingdra.

Nature: Timid
-Poison Gas
-Sludge
-Smog
-Flamethrower
Rocket Hideout soloed: yes
Radio Tower soloed: yes
Misty soloed: no
Janine soloed: no
Sabrina soloed: no
Leaders soloed: :(
The main difference between Weezing and Koffing is that Weezing can actually kill things without relying on Poison damage. It can also survive moves like Selfdestruct. Its Special Defense is still shit and its moves still offer little coverage, but it's not, well, John.

@ Everstone
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Sturdy
-Strength (HM)
-Earthquake
-Rock Smash (HM)
-Sandstorm (TM)
TMs learned: more than I can bother to count
HMs learned: 2
Leaders soloed: Falkner, Bugsy
Gym Leader soloed: yes
Elite Four soloed (Round 1): no
Elite four soloed (Round 2): no
Yeah if it didn't have to solo an Elite Four member I'd have stopped using John after Chapter 3. Its Earthquake still kills stuff, but stuff kills it faster now. I guess not being horrifically overleveled does that.
This time I finish the game quickly!

...yeah no. So Elm calls me and tells me he's got a MASTER BALL OMGIHFDSGHOT owait it isn't actually useful right now since I can just kill Ho-Oh and have it respawn later. I'll use it if I ever pick up RNG for Mewtwo.

He then tells me the Kimono Girls are waiting. Well let me leave them waiting.

...what? They'll wait forever it seems. And user 18 who is challenging them also seems to wait forever.

So let me go rematch these three trainers that have been waiting!
*camper has level 17 Geodudes*
...really?
*third mon is level 31*
...well that wasn't worth much EXP. Hey, since I'm already on Route 34, I might as well check out that secret area you access with Surf.

*there are three sisters training there, they have level 24s*
Well that was a waste of time.
*They give me Power Herb*
I don't even think I can use that. Unless I teach Pacifist Solarbeam. But it's freaking one-use.

So now I will go fight Kimono Girls---
*phone call*
Bleh. What is it Brent?
"Did you hear that Bill's sister can't whistle?"
...really? You called me just for that. I don't even know why you're such a big fan or Bill. Or why I have your number. And can't delete it.

So now I will go fight Kimono Girls!
*Leads with Pride*
Yeah I think you can solo them all.
*X-Scissor OHKOes Umbreon and Espeon*
That's it my boy! Now Flareon, this is going to be a tough on--
*Wing Attack OHKOes after Flareon uses Quick Attack*
...I'm shocked. Speaking of which, Jolteon is next!
*Thunderbolt barely doesn't kill me*
I think this is actually the first time I've been overleveled going into the Kimono Girls. Normally I don't grind very much if at all.
*X-Scissor OHKOes Jolteon*
Well that was nice, but now I'm almost out of health. Let's hope Vaporeon doesn't do too much damage.
*It turns out Roost barely outheals Surf*
Let's see...Surf is doing like 40 damage...so I'll need a bunch of Roosti---
*crit Surf OHKOes*
---ng. Well, uh, I guess Pacifist can take this one.
*Miracle Leaf 2HKOes while Vaporeon's Aurora Beam does nothing*
Ah, how bulky Pacifist is.
So the Kimono Girls rant on about how I'm this godly trainer and stuff blah blah blah oh hey a Clear Bell. I wonder what that's for [SPOILER ALERT].

So Bell Tower. The first time I played through this game I got horribly lost in here and I actually grinded my Typhlosion to level 50+ in here. Ah, sweet memories. But this time I have knowledge of the path plus a bulbapedia map! Nothing can stop me now!
*except the Rattata which attack every ten steps*
GAAAAAAAAH. I want to Repel but at the same time any EXP I can get here reduces my time grinding elsewhere.
*Whitney gains a level in Bell Tower*
See what I mean? Though Slow EXP Group means I'm going to suffer grinding this. Or maybe...

Well that can wait because right now Pride takes on Ho-Oh! And I'll kill it for EXP. I sincerely doubt I can even catch it anyways.
*Pride does less than half with Wing Attack, Ho-Oh OHKOes with Sacred Fire*
Well that was to be expected. Whitney, show that bird your Thick Fat!
*Rollout kills it in two hits as it sets up Sunny Day*
...Thick Fat didn't even matter did it? Oh well, what can I say, I got some EXP.

*Route 27 is empty*
Well it seems like all they have you do here is Surf east. Which you couldn't do before because...wait I've actually never tried that. Who stops you from Surfing east before Ho-Oh event? The world may never know.
Random dude: "Hey stop and listen to what I have to say!"
I don't have ti--
"You're in Kanto now!"
...really? That was it? Thanks for the useless dialogue.

So GameFreak must really like portmanteaus. They have the Tohjo falls and the Sinjoh ruins. Tohjo falls isn't even a proper portmanteau smh.

Our first trainer on Route 27. And she has...Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur. Which I OHKO with Pride. Every single one.

Woman in house: "Your Pride likes you!"
...that's surprising, actually, given how much I make it faint.
"Here have this!"
Is that TM27 Return?
*Nope, TM37 Sandstorm*
Well, that's tras--wait, that's actually really useful for John's upcoming solo. It had to learn it anyways, and it doesn't exactly miss Swagger.

*there are two paths, one climbing a hill with grass, another surfing across a whirlpool*
And both paths are equally pointless and lead me to the same destination. Really, I don't know why I bother.
*said destination has a Psychic I OHKO (well 2HKO since he had two mons) with Pride*
And I said Pride was annoying and difficult to use.
*Ace Trainer with Rapidash reminds me why I said that*
It's almost like the game's trolling me. Nah, Gamefreak wouldn't do that.

Would they?

So I get through Route 26, then Victory Road, which has no trainers. But its Pokemon are amazing for EXP. And naturally I get ambushed by user 18, who must be soloed with Pride.

*Sneasel's Quick Attack does nothing to Pride as it sets up Swords Dance*
Now here's the thing. user 18 now has a Magneton, which has Spark and Supersonic. So as a precaution I'll just apply two X Defends.
*takes Icy Wind, then two-hit Fury Swipes*
Alright, time to Roost up, restore my Speed, and sweep!
*Faint Attack as I Roost, Icy Wind as I X Speed, Faint Attack as I X Speed again*
Alright, slicing time!
*X-Scissor OHKOes*
Typhlosion? A Fire-type? Oh no, whatever shall I do?
*Wing Attack OHKOes, Magneton comes out*
Alright, the moment of truth---
*X-Scissor 2HKOes while Supersonic misses*
lol that was easier than I expected. Well the rest of the fight should be cake.
*It is*
See, that's the thing I love about Pride. Its lows are terrible, but its highs are so amazing they offset any and all lows.

So now I grind everything to level 48! Except Whitney and Ordinary? who can't exactly level up easily against the foes in Victory Road.

...oh wait I forgot something didn't I.

*goes to Mt. Mortar*
There should be interesting things in here...
*Super Nerd with Seadra*
AHHHHHH NOOOO TAKE IT AWAY TAKE IT AWAY
*Karate King*
Well that's easy EXP for Pride. Who is already level 47. I won't have to grind him too much.
*almost nothing of value*
...well that was a waste of time wasn't it?

*cue grinding montage*
So basically I gave EXP. Share to Ordinary? and grinded everything else on my team. Then once everything was level 48, except for level 43 Miltank, I shoved a Rare Candy down his throat. And five down Whitney's. And now we're ready. We have five scramblemons, so I'll have each one solo an E4 member. Tentatively, that means Pride does Will, John does Koga, Pacifist Bruno, Ordinary? Karen, and Whitney Lance.

But we'll see.

vs. Will:
*Pride uses Swords Dance, Xatu uses Confuse Ray*
Oh that's totally gonna kill me isn't it. I can't revive Pride either.
*Pride hits itself twice as Psychic crits for a KO*
I'm pretty sure that KOed anyways...sigh...*reset*
Attempt 2:
*This time Xatu uses Psychic for less than a 3HKO, while Pride sets up a Swords Dance.*
I don't think I need more than one?
*Wing Attack barely fails to OHKO Xatu, which uses Psychic again*
Well I'm glad I found out now rather than against his last Xatu which has Aerial Ace.
*Will heals his Xatu as I Swords Dance again*
I should OHKO everything now.
*yup*
...well that was easy.

vs. Koga:
Okay so this one is tricky. John will lead, but Ariados has Giga Drain, so I'll have to switch to Pacifist or Ordinary? to take the Giga Drain, then back to John to take the Poison Jab, and repeat until I stall out all 5 PP.
*John switches to Pacifist then back*
Alright cool.
*Ariados uses Spider Web as I switch back in*
...not cool. Well it only has 5 PP and I have like thirty Revives so here we go!
*cycle occurs again*
Nice.
*and again*
Okay so now he's used all five PP. We'll just set u--
*Giga Drain again*
...wait what?
...........so it seems that from generation III to IV they changed its PP from 5 to 10. Well I can stall all of these out but I really don't want to...sigh...Ordinary? can take this.

*X-Special and X-Accuracy to start*
Can't have Muk ruining our party.
*Flamethrower OHKOes Ariados*
Nice.
*Flamethrower 2HKOes Crobat as it uses Wing Attack for very little damage*
It's times like this that 140 Defense comes in handy.
*Muk takes forever thanks to Minimize but I do salvage four Flamethrower PP, and it missed every single Gunk Shot*
BWAHAHAHAHA you should have used an X-Accuracy friend!
*Venomoth comes out, it has Psychic*
Ehh, I can probably take one.
*Instead it misses with Supersonic*
...really? Well Forretress should be easy pickings.
*It takes two shots because of Protect*
Good thing I killed Muk as quickly as I did. Although I do have five Ethers. That I haven't used yet.

vs. Bruno:
Alright, Pacifist, show Bruno your Reflect!
*Reflect and 2 X Defends set up*
Hmm...how many X Specials do I need...let's just go for two right now.
*+2 Magical Leaf fails to 2HKO Hitmontop*
...I am shocked.
*another X Special, as Hitmontop uses Counter for the second time*
...why would you even use that? I don't understand.
*Magical Leaf kills Hitmontop*
Okay, Hitmonlee is up next. High Jump Kick and Blaze Kick could be problematic.
*thanks to Reflect and +2 Defense, Blaze Kick barely leaves a dent*
Or that could happen. What Pacifist lacks in power, it makes up for in survivability.
*Blaze Kick burns as Magical Leaf finishes off Hitmonlee.*
That's annoying. It shouldn't be too harmful though and anyways I have Full Restores
*a few turns of taking Ice Punches and using Synthesis later*
Well I guess it's a good thing it burned and didn't freeze.
*Hitmonchan and Onix go down*
*Machamp gets critted by Magical Leaf, hangs on with a sliver of health and uses Cross Chop, which fortunately does not crit*
That could have been disastrous. And cut!
*Thanks to Sitrus Berry, there is no heal, so Machamp is cut up by leaves*
That should leave Bruno in pieces. *drops mic*

So now John soloes Karen. The main problem here is Gengar, which Geodude can't damage...

...outside of SANDSTORM MUAHAHAHAHA

...ahem. So Umbreon can be easily set up on.
*4 X Defends, 6 X SpDefs, 6 X Speeds, 4 X Attacks*
You know, I'm not even sure if Geodude will outspeed things. It has 40 Speed.
*I hit myself in confusion a couple times*
Any day now...
*Payback crits*
...oh shit
*but only does like 60/110 damage*
Well Geodude is a bulky dude. And Umbreon can't deal damage for shit.
*much healing and missing later*
Ugh, maybe I should have used an X-Accuracy. Fucking +6 Evasion...
*Rock Smash crits next turn and OHKOes Umbreon*
...or that could happen
*Earthquake OHKOes Vileplume*
Okay thank god I outsped. Otherwise it could have been disastrous.
*Gengar comes out*
Alright, here goes.
*Sandstorm, Gengar uses Spite*
...hmm that can be annoying since I need to refresh Sand a lot.
*Rock Smash*
Spite this. Go ahead.
*Instead it uses Focus Blast, which hits*
Well it only has five. Moomoo Milk time!
*Focus Blast misses*
Nice. I'll stall this out by wasting turns with Poke Balls.
*Focus Blast crits*
*reset*

Okay this time I may want to soften Umbreon up with Rock Smash first.
*does so*
*Karen switches to Gengar*
...what? Butbutbut NPCs don't switch! Well I can rely on Focus Miss here still.
*nope*
Alright fuck this *reset*

*third time opens the exact same way as the first up to Gengar*
It's like this is scripted. I think if you drop Umbreon's Defense she'll switch? It's hard to tell for sure though.
*Gengar uses four Focus Blasts*
Alright, no crit yet. Just one more and it's smooth sail--
*crit*
Actually wait. What's the rest of Gengar's set?
*Lick, Destiny Bond, Spite*
Okay, that's not so bad. I'll just revive John and set up the X Speeds again.
*Lick does 7 damage*
lol
*sets up 6 X Speed, 2 X Attack*
I'm not sure if that's enough, but it's definitely enough for Houndoom and anyways Murkrow can't touch me.
*heals para, gets paralyzed again*
It's like the game hates me.
*heals para, no para this time!*
Alright, next turn Gengar dies to Sandstorm. I just need Lick not to paralyze here.
*it doesn't*
Nice. Now the moment of truth.
*John outspeeds Houndoom*
Nice.
*but it survives and OHKOes John with Dark Pulse!*

...yeah jk. And it turns out John could OHKO Murkrow at +2 too. It's actually not that bad in terms of power. Certainly better than Pacifist there. It can solo even Karen of the Elite Four with the help of 6 X Attacks, four X Defends, 6 X SpDefs, 12 X Speeds, one Revive, and like ten Moomoo Milks!
...fuck how will I do this in E4 Round 2.

Anyways, now it's time for the ultimate battle! Typically an ultimate battle like this would demand that I use all of my Pokemon, but Whitney just wants some sort of vindication. So she will solo.

vs. Lance:
*I Attract, then set up X Speed and X Accuracy against Gyarados*
Given how much his Waterfall is doing (It's not even a 3HKO), I think I should be fine.
*three hits of Rollout leaves Gyarados at a sliver of health*
Well that sucks.
*fourth hit kills it, fifth hit kills a Dragonite*
That was one of the level 49s. I don't know how Lance even has Dragonites below level 55. I guess he hacks.
Oh wait, we already know he hacks. He has a Barrier Dragonite and Rock Slide Aerodactyl in various games.
*I Attract Dragonite, which crits and KOes Whitney from 100+ health with Dragon Rush*
really?
*Revives Whitney, but Dragonite actually deals half of my health with one Dragon Rush*
...........dammit. *reset*

*Attract, X Speed, X Accuracy, then X Defends this time*
Better safe than sorry.
*Rollout does the same thing as before, but this time Lance sacrifices his level 50 Dragonite*
Very smart decision there Lance. I commend you.
*Dragonite Thunder Waves me as I try to get another Rollout going*
..........really? Well looks like Rollout won't be much help against these guys.
*Stomps them to death slowly*
Emphasis on slowly. I don't know how many I used because I lost count.
*Charizard*
BWAHAHAHAHA well Charizard, meet Rollout.
*Air Slash almost 2HKOes, but two hits take out Charizard*
:O
*third hit removes Aerodactyl*
:O:O:O:O
*fourth hit takes out the last Dragonite*
We did it folks! And I didn't even use that many X-Items. Wait, who? I don't know of this John you speak of.

So anyways we watch the credits and see that it took us 30 hours to get to this point.
That's actually the longest I've taken to beat any Pokemon game. Who knew?

CURRENT STATUS: Hall of Fame
Badges: 8
Retries: 11 (1x Will, 1x Koga, 2x Karen, 1x Lance)

Level: 49
-Swords Dance
-Roost
-X-Scissor
-Wing Attack
Brock soloed: no
Leaders soloed: Whitney, Jasmine, Will
Pride is actually the lifeblood of the team. It outdamages everyone else on the team by a very significant margin and only faints due to hax or an unwinnable matchup it's forced to solo or die. When I enter Kanto, I will get it evolved ASAP so I'll have less of those matchups. But right now, it can continue to kick ass all it wants. I'm fine with that.

Level: 49 (5x Rare Candy)
-Attract
-Rollout
-Stomp
-Milk Drink
Leaders soloed: Morty, Chuck, Pryce, Lance
Whitney lacks power, but has so much bulk and hax potential with Attract that the lack of power doesn't really matter. Additionally, Rollout steamrolls entire teams, which sort of mitigates the power issue. I'll just let Whitney's list of soloes speak for itself here.

Level: 48 (1x Rare Candy)
-Poison Gas
-Sludge Bomb
-Smog
-Flamethrower
Leaders soloed: Koga (without healing, even!)
I haven't actually used Sludge Bomb yet, but I realize now that I've made a terrible mistake with last chapter's ratings: Ordinary? is actually really powerful. Base 90 Special Attack with moves like Flamethrower and Sludge Bomb, along with a single weakness and Base 140 Defense make it a god among Pokemon. Of course, it's not Whitney-level bulky or Pride-level powerful, but Ordinary? manages to strike a happy medium that I'm happy with as well. I actually look forward to using it.

-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Magical Leaf
-Synthesis
Leaders soloed: Clair, Bruno
Pacifist's solo was actually the only one I managed without retries, but it doesn't fix Pacifist's main flaw of not being able to deal damage. It took three X Specials to 2HKO Hitmontop, and even then it couldn't 2HKO Machamp. Still, I enjoy its consistency, but it falls to spot #4 in this update because my other Pokemon have started to outclass it.

@ Everstone
-Strength (HM)
-Earthquake
-Rock Smash (HM)
-Sandstorm (TM)
Leaders soloed: Falkner, Bugsy, Karen (thank fucking god for Sandstorm)
Elite Four soloed (Round 1): yes
Did I say my other Pokemon were starting to outclass Pacifist? Well that definitely doesn't include John, who continues to struggle along as per usual. John's Attack and Defense are actually almost up to par with Pacifist's, but it's really slow and dies to pretty much everything. If only this was Gen VI when Sturdy prevented OHKO and Pokemon past the level at which they would normally evolve get boosted EXP.
So now that I'm the champion of Johto, I'm...supposed to go to Kanto? Why? Because there's the same Pokemon (plus like Slugma and Houndour) and weak trainers there? Okay then.

My first time playing this game I actually didn't know you were supposed to take the SS Aqua. I spent a lot of time trying to ride the Magnet Train and go through Route 23. Alas, it was not to be. Though why Route 23 is shut off until power is restored realy beats me. The power outage is on the other side of Kanto ffs.

But this time I will go ahead and take the right path. I enter the SS Aqua and am immediately rudely bumped by an old man. Gentleman my ass. Interesting thing is that we were both occupying the exact same space for an instant, and I didn't even move the entire time. I guess physics has no place in the Pokemon world?
But that can wait. The poor man has lost his daughter! Oh no! Naturally I have to find her. Why? Nobody knows.

Sailor: "My buddy is probably sleeping."
Oh I remember that guy. He's in the cabin next to me.
Sailor: "Huh? I wasn't sleeping! Sailors never sleep in the line of duty!"
...oh really.
"I resent your implication! Battle me!"
...okay.
*Pride OHKOes his Fighting-types with Wing Attack*
Seriously, why do Sailors limit themselves to Machop and co? They're not even Water-type.

So I go upstairs from the engine room and find...the captain's quarters? What? Is the captain deaf or did his crew mutiny and force him to take that room? It's right above the freaking engine.
Little girl: "Won't you play with me?"
Oh I'll play with you alright :D

...creepy innuendo aside, it's actually pretty hard to find her. If you don't have prior knowledge of the game. WAHAHAHA

So the ship won't stop until the girl is found? Well that's nice. But now I disembark into Vermillion City, and BAM I am ambushed by Eusine and Suicune. Why is it that he shows up whenever I meet Suicune?
Is it because he's a stalker?

Anyways, there's a big fat roda---I mean Snorlax lying in front of Diglett's Cave, which I need to get through to get to Brock. Whatever shall I do?
No seriously. The first time I played this game I was stuck here for weeks. Are you supposed to chuck Awakenings at it? Jump on it?
But now I know! I need to get to that power plant in middle of nowhere surrounded by grass and water.
Seriously, those people that work there need at least two badges. Assuming they live in Cerulean City which has no houses. And they need to get through a route full of eager campers and hikers.

So first I will blitz through Kanto, fighting only who I need until Pride, who is soloing literally all of this, will finally get his shot at Brock. That means fighting through Route 6, where Pride takes a crit Thunder from a Minun and survives, Route 5 with its complete lack of trainers, and Route 9 with its incompetents using only level 40 mons.
Scrubs.

But seriously though. After defeating the Pokemon League with their Level 40 mons, the common trainers in Kanto have level 40s? How come they're not all champions by now?
Oh wait, who says they're not? After all, you can beat the Champion several times and yet the Champion is still Lance.

At least Rock Tunnel doesn't have any trainers. It does, however, have item mazes and most importantly, Rock Climb areas! Too bad we can't get that for, well, ever.
Or at least until I beat Blue. [/spoiler]

So I exit and enter the badly named Lavendar Town. It's brown. Like pretty much every other place. With a blue radio tower. Hey, isn't that where the Pokemon Tower is supposed to be?
What did they do to the dead Pokemon?

There's this guard guarding this elevator to nowhere. It's actually to nowhere, though, because even if you hack the game and go through it there's nothing on the other side.
Alternatively I could just be BSing this and thinking about a different door.

So now I have to get a Power Plant part from Cerulean City. From a Rocket Grunt. Wait, didn't they disband?
Well here we are. The gym is somehow empty but I'm not looking to have Ordinary? solo Misty yet anyways.
*as I enter, BAM Rocket Grunt*
"Oh hey I no speak English blah blah blah as long as I no be seen I be okay."
How long will the ball take to drop?
"Oh no, you seen me!"
...he's actually much more intelligent than other Rockets. So I chase him to Route 24 and he hides in between this conspicuous couple enjoying their time. For eternity, apparently, since they never move.
And isn't that a bad place? After all, you have those two people holding you in place, along with the wall. If I approach from the other side, he gets cornered. Without even being in a corner.
I guess I can take back what I said about him being intelligent.
*thrashes him*
"Team Rocket go bye-bye?"
Yup.
"I guess I go back to country."
Interesting. He says that now but in Unova however many years from now he's living happily in Iccirus City. Which definitely does speak English. Maybe he went back to his country, saw how much it sucked, and moved to Unova?
Maybe his country kicked him out because he's a Rocket?
The world may never know.

So now I get the Power Plant part, deliver it to the Manager, and be on my way!
*Snorlax won't wake up*
...oh I totally forgot to go get the Poke Flute didn't I? *sigh*
A little while later...
*Snorlax wakes up*
Okay, so I'll just Quick Ball it to see if I can't get luck--
*catches*
:O that was probably the easiest Snorlax catch I've ever had.

Diglett's Cave is not a cave, it's a path. Ice Path is similarly not a path but a cave. GameFreak is really good at naming aren't they.

But thanks to Pride's speed I have no problems running away from everything. They're all level ~15 anyways and Pride's level 54 and doesn't need anymore.
Hopefully.

So there's no annoying "HEY DUDE YOU SHOULD GO TO BROCK'S GYM COME ON I'LL DRAG YOU THERE" guy in this game. But I'm making the bee-line for Brock anyways. There's nothing else here, after all. Except that one Silver Wing I'll nab from the stranger.

So now I solo---actually there's two gym trainers.
*Pride doesn't stand a chance*
Fortunately I have a plan for the Brock fight.

So basically your "Mother" will actually spend a lot of your savings on various items. Most of said items are resist berries. She can also buy things like Super Potions and CHOICE SCARFS FUCKING YES. Ahem.
Charti Berry allows Pride to resist Rock! For a turn. I also happen to have ten of them, so here you go Pride.

The main issue with Brock is that his leadmon has Rollout, but it also has Rock Slide so hopefully the AI decides to spam that instead.

Let's go!
*X-Defend, Rock Slide does less than half after Charti Berry*
Well I definitely can't use another since it'll KO me. Time to Roost!
*Rock Slide does the same amount*
We'll just fish for misses here.
*speaking of which, next Rock Slide misses*
Alright, here we go!
*three more X Defends, more Roosting*
Damn, this is much easier than Jasmine was. I guess lack of paralysis and confusion helps a lot.
*uses three Swords Dances*
I probably didn't need all three. Whatever. I outspeed Brock's entire team so without further ado...
*X-Scissor OHKOes Graveler*
Cool.
*and Omastar*
Nice.
*and Onix*
Awesome.
*and Rhy...horn?*
Really? Why would you not evolve it?
*and Kabutops*
...and that's the solo! That was much much much easier than I'm sure everyone anticipated, but that's probably due to Pride's awesomeness, bulk, and speed. Ordinary? will have a much harder time against Sabrina.
I may even have Pride solo Blaine later. Just for fun.

So that's it. Except for the part where I trade it and evolve it. Now it's finally it. And now I can finally go through the rest of Kanto without having to keep Pride fainted. Most of the time anyways.

CURRENT STATUS: Pewter City
Badges: 9
Retries: 11 (zero added!)

Level: 55
-Swords Dance
-Roost
-X-Scissor
-Wing Attack
Brock soloed: yes
Leaders soloed: Whitney, Jasmine, Will, Brock (only four X Defends!)
Okay, so I cheesed Brock with Charti Berry and X Defends, but part of that has to go to Pride for not being so weak as to die in one hit anyways. I haven't gotten to use Scizor yet and probably won't use it for a while since it's overleveled but damn this is some good stuff.

Level: 49 (5x Rare Candy)
-Attract
-Rollout
-Stomp
-Milk Drink
Leaders soloed: Morty, Chuck, Pryce, Lance
Whitney is still Whitney, and it is still an excellent catch-all panic button, though I'll admit in many cases Ordinary? can take the hit better and deal more damage in return. Still, Whitney is Whitney.

Level: 50 (1x Rare Candy)
-Poison Gas
-Sludge Bomb
-Smog
-Flamethrower
Leaders soloed: Koga
Ever since it got Sludge Bomb, Ordinary? has been kicking ass. In the next few chapter, it will solo several gym leaders, which will give it its chance to show its mettle for the first time. Sabrina will definitely be tricky though.

-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Magical Leaf
-Synthesis
Leaders soloed: Clair, Bruno
Pacifist is pretty much useless when the enemies I'm fighting can be taken out in one or two hits by any other mon.

@ Everstone
-Strength (HM)
-Earthquake
-Rock Smash (HM)
-Sandstorm (TM)
Leaders soloed: Falkner, Bugsy, Karen
Elite Four soloed (Round 1): yes
I didn't even use John and I'm shuddering at the prospect of training him for a second round of the Elite Four.

Last edited:

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Hey guys!

Haven't played in a while and wanted to get started with an Omega Ruby scramblelocke (if I spelt it right). Medium difficulty please, with nothing too grindy as I find that really boring.

If you could select some interesting pokemon for me that would be great!
use a makuhita named mongoloid, the only attack you can ever use is arm thrust

pretzel987 take a Groudon and solo the entire game with it DontGrindMe the *insert Pokemon here*
Why the *insert Pokemon here*? Because this will be your first Pokemon you find that is in either the Slow or Fluctuating EXP Group. The only restriction is that you must have DontGrindMe by Wattson. Why? Because it has to solo Wattson, of course!

Full list of mons available before Wattson:
Ralts
Slakoth
Tentacool
Makuhita
Aron
Magikarp (if you get this...well sorry)
Shroomish
Gulpin
Illumise
(I don't think I missed too much)

DontGrindMe doesn't like growing quickly. He believes that the EXP Share is too cheesy, so you should always have it off. He also will refuse to fight wild Pokemon or take part in trainer rematches until he evolves. (if you get Illumise, it can never fight wild Pokemon) Solo your second rival fight to evolve. DontGrindMe also doesn't believe in overleveling Gym Leaders, so it may never exceed the level of the next Gym Leader's lowest-leveled Pokemon. If it does...well reset your game or something.

Once you evolve DontGrindMe, his attitude becomes infections. You may not level any of your Pokemon above the lowest-levelled Pokemon of the next gym leader, and if you're already overleveled, you may not use said overleveled Pokemon against the gym in question.

If you got Ralts, Slakoth, or Aron, solo another GLMP (gym leader main Pokemon) to evolve a second time. If you get Ralts or Aron, solo the entire gym leader instead if you wish to use your Mega Evolution.

If you got Tentacool, Makuhita, Magikarp, Shroomish, or Gulpin, solo an entire gym minus the leader without ever healing.

If you got Illumise, it's your lucky day! Of course, you can never fight wild Pokemon with it so have fun.

Regardless of what you got, solo an E4 member.

------------------

acidphoenix take Magic! the Gyarados
You have no restrictions as a Magikarp, because that's not allowed. However, once you evolve your Magikarp (you MUST evolve at level 20, nice try), things start happening. Magical things.

Firstly, as a Magikarp its dream had always been to climb waterfalls, and it kept splashing persistently as it trained itself to do so. As a Gyarados, well, a 23-foot serpent can climb whatever waterfall it wants to, as long as it just keeps splashing higher and higher. Thus you must always keep Splash on your movepool. In addition, learn and keep Waterfall when you get it.

Magic also believes that the power of magic surpasses that of super-effective moves. Since Magic doesn't need anything but magic, it can't use any super-effective moves.

Now, you may be asking, this challenge is easy, right? After all, once you get to Couriway Town, you get the almighty Gyaradosite! However, with Mega Evolution comes a price, and the price of Gyarados is quite severe --- while you have Gyarados in your party no other Pokemon may hold a Mega Stone. It also demands being in your party for every gym battle, regardless of whether it intends to participate. In addition, Gyarados must always hold its Mega Stone, but may not Mega Evolve unless it survives an Electric-type attack from a Pokemon no less than ten levels under Gyarados.

Oh, and speaking of Electric-types, you must solo every Electric-type Pokemon you encounter with Gyarados (after evolution of course). And yes, this includes Clemont.

TL;DR:
-Evolve at level 20, no later.
-Keep Splash forever, also learn and keep Waterfall forever.
-While Gyarados is in your party, no other Pokemon may hold a Mega Stone.
-Must be in your party for every gym battle.
-Can't use super-effective attacks.
-Once you get its Mega Stone, that is the only item it may hold.
-May not Mega Evolve unless it survives an Electric-type attack from a Pokemon no less than ten levels lower than it.
-Solo every Electric-type Pokemon as Gyarados (NOTE: obviously this solo is void if Gyarados is boxed or fainted) unless this conflicts with another solo
-Solo Clemont.
You asked for very hard, you got very hard.

-------------------

Golden009 take Ackbar the Trapinch.
Disclaimer: I have never watched Star Wars nor do I know any characters besides like Luke.
Ackbar is the first Trapinch you find with Arena Trap. Have it solo all gym leaders and never evolve.
...lol jk. But it's really attached to the Arena Trap ability and really doesn't want to let it go. In fact, it thinks it's so good that even Flying-types are no match for it. You must thus solo all Flying-types unless this conflicts with another solo. Solo the entirety of Fortree Gym to evolve.
After soloing Fortree Gym, Ackbar realizes that it's actually really fun to fly. It can now evolve, and in fact must do so ASAP, because Flying is so fun. Now solo all Ground-types (unless this conflicts with another solo) to show them how fun flying is.
Finally, solo one of Wallace's Pokemon. You can't fly high unless you've beaten the Champion, after all.

----------------

damandingo I'll have one for you but my computer has to restart. take Kel'Thuzad the (female) Snorunt

Minions, servants, soldiers of the cold dark, obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!

If you've never heard of WoW, Kel'Thuzad is a resurrected archlich with powerful freezing...powers. He can also control minds. As a result, have him try to solo Tate and Liza itemless. If you manage to do so on your first try, well congratulations. You now have no more restrictions. If you don't, well that's where the fun begins. (The "locke" part of your Scramblocke doesn't apply to this fight.)

As an archlich, he has the power to resurrect his teammates. Or at least, he believes he does. However, your other mons aren't giving him the chance to do so, what with them refusing to die and all. He thus harbors lots of resentment, and wishes to kill as many Ghost-types as he possibly can (solo all Ghost-types unless conflict) to gather their power.

Don't evolve into Glalie, because Glalie is far too mainstream. And also because Glalie is not a suitable form for a lord of the undead. Froslass fits much, much better. Unfortunately, you can't get a Dawn Stone until Wally without Super Training, and Kel'Thuzad doesn't believe in EVs. Who needs to put in effort, after all, if you can summon an enemy of undead to kill everything in your path? So solo Wally to evolve.

As a Froslass, Kel'Thuzad has finally reached his ULTIMATE FORM! Which happens to be the form of a female. Go figure. It must now learn and keep Destiny Bond, simulating the effects of the Chains (minus the Mind Control part). Have him/her/it/whatever solo an Elite Four member.

Last edited:
Golden009 take Ackbar the Trapinch.
Disclaimer: I have never watched Star Wars nor do I know any characters besides like Luke.
Ackbar is the first Trapinch you find with Arena Trap. Have it solo all gym leaders and never evolve.
...lol jk. But it's really attached to the Arena Trap ability and really doesn't want to let it go. In fact, it thinks it's so good that even Flying-types are no match for it. You must thus solo all Flying-types unless this conflicts with another solo. Solo the entirety of Fortree Gym to evolve.
After soloing Fortree Gym, Ackbar realizes that it's actually really fun to fly. It can now evolve, and in fact must do so ASAP, because Flying is so fun. Now solo all Ground-types (unless this conflicts with another solo) to show them how fun flying is.
Finally, solo one of Wallace's Pokemon. You can't fly high unless you've beaten the Champion, after all.
Seems hard, especially considering that the only SE against Flying move Trapinch learns is Rock Tomb, but I'll accept it for now. I mya have to change it when the actual run happens, however.

4 Pokemon left, including (probably) a starter.

Golden009, take a torchic as your starter. Name it whatever you want.

Torchic has taken to heart fire safety, and wants to demonstrate it to the world.

Fire: It must always know at least one fire move. However, that move must only be used when it would deal not very effective damage. When you are fighting a pokemon against which a fire move would do not very effective damage, that must be the first move Torchic uses.

Safety: Torchic must learn and keep protect ASAP (yes, this means you'll need the TM). Whenever Torchic is hit by a move that deals super effective damage, protect must be the next move it uses. Max out protect's PP ASAP for maximum protection.

Solo two of Flannery, Roxanne, Juan, and KO five E4/Champion pokemon (one from each member, unless other solos conflict).

Golden009, take Wurmple. Name it Evo.

Evo has no idea what evolution is, and hopes to know what it is.

Evo may only evolve into Silcoon/Cascoon when another of your Pokemon evolves.

Silcoon: Congrats, you got the bad one. At this point, Evo feels confident in its beauty and must solo one of Roxanne,Flannery,Winona or Juan's Pokemon and beat Super Rank Beauty Contest in order to evolve.
As a Beautifly, it now believes it is the pinnacle of beauty, and must defeat 'ugly'(Grass,Ground,Rock,Dark,Ghost,Dustox) Pokemon to show off.
KO 10 'ugly' Pokemon and achieve at least Ultra Rank in Beauty before the E4 or box it.

Cascoon: Lucky punk. At this point, Evo feels the need to be safe before heading out into battle. It must never forget Harden, and must use it at least 3 times per battle before it can attack.
Solo one of Roxanne,Flannery,Winona or Juan's Pokemon to evolve. Additionally, you must use a healing item whenever it gets into the yellow or red and never use X Items or stat drinks(Zinc and the like) on it.
As a Dustox, it believes every Pokemon battle should be 'safe' and must defeat 'unsafe'(Fire,Psychic,Dark,Fighting,Anything with Self-Destruct,Beautifly) Pokemon to enforce safety.
KO 25 'unsafe' Pokemon before the E4 or box it.

Too Hard? Silcoon Path: Only have to kill 5 uglymons
Cascoon Path: Can use X Items, only has to kill 20 unsafemons

Too Easy? Silcoon Path: Has to solo Groudon,must achieve MASTER RANK Beauty
Cascoon Path: Cannot use any attacking moves

Last edited:
Golden009, take Wurmple. Name it Evo.

Evo has no idea what evolution is, and hopes to know what it is.

Evo may only evolve into Silcoon/Cascoon when another of your Pokemon evolves.

Silcoon: Congrats, you got the bad one. At this point, Evo feels confident in its beauty and must solo one of Roxanne,Flannery,Winona or Juan's Pokemon and beat Super Rank Beauty Contest in order to evolve.
As a Beautifly, it now believes it is the pinnacle of beauty, and must defeat 'ugly'(Grass,Ground,Rock,Dark,Ghost,Dustox) Pokemon to show off.
KO 10 'ugly' Pokemon and achieve at least Ultra Rank in Beauty before the E4 or box it.

Cascoon: Lucky punk. At this point, Evo feels the need to be safe before heading out into battle. It must never forget Harden, and must use it at least 3 times per battle before it can attack.
Solo one of Roxanne,Flannery,Winona or Juan's Pokemon to evolve. Additionally, you must use a healing item whenever it gets into the yellow or red and never use X Items or stat drinks(Zinc and the like) on it.
As a Dustox, it believes every Pokemon battle should be 'safe' and must defeat 'unsafe'(Fire,Psychic,Dark,Fighting,Anything with Self-Destruct,Beautifly) Pokemon to enforce safety.
KO 25 'unsafe' Pokemon before the E4 or box it.

Too Hard? Silcoon Path: Only have to kill 5 uglymons
Cascoon Path: Can use X Items, only has to kill 20 unsafemons

Too Easy? Silcoon Path: Has to solo Groudon,must achieve MASTER RANK Beauty
Cascoon Path: Cannot use any attacking moves
I like it. Accepted!

pretzel987 take a Groudon and solo the entire game with it DontGrindMe the *insert Pokemon here*
Why the *insert Pokemon here*? Because this will be your first Pokemon you find that is in either the Slow or Fluctuating EXP Group. The only restriction is that you must have DontGrindMe by Wattson. Why? Because it has to solo Wattson, of course!

Full list of mons available before Wattson:
Ralts
Slakoth
Tentacool
Makuhita
Aron
Magikarp (if you get this...well sorry)
Shroomish
Gulpin
Illumise
(I don't think I missed too much)

DontGrindMe doesn't like growing quickly. He believes that the EXP Share is too cheesy, so you should always have it off. He also will refuse to fight wild Pokemon or take part in trainer rematches until he evolves. (if you get Illumise, it can never fight wild Pokemon) Solo your second rival fight to evolve. DontGrindMe also doesn't believe in overleveling Gym Leaders, so it may never exceed the level of the next Gym Leader's lowest-leveled Pokemon. If it does...well reset your game or something.

Once you evolve DontGrindMe, his attitude becomes infections. You may not level any of your Pokemon above the lowest-levelled Pokemon of the next gym leader, and if you're already overleveled, you may not use said overleveled Pokemon against the gym in question.

If you got Ralts, Slakoth, or Aron, solo another GLMP (gym leader main Pokemon) to evolve a second time. If you get Ralts or Aron, solo the entire gym leader instead if you wish to use your Mega Evolution.

If you got Tentacool, Makuhita, Magikarp, Shroomish, or Gulpin, solo an entire gym minus the leader without ever healing.

If you got Illumise, it's your lucky day! Of course, you can never fight wild Pokemon with it so have fun.

Regardless of what you got, solo an E4 member.
Might i be able to change his post-ego team restriction to the highest leveled pokemon of the gym leader?
Regardless of your answer, ACCEPTED!

2 Pkmn left!

Golden009, take a torchic as your starter. Name it whatever you want.

Torchic has taken to heart fire safety, and wants to demonstrate it to the world.

Fire: It must always know at least one fire move. However, that move must only be used when it would deal not very effective damage. When you are fighting a pokemon against which a fire move would do not very effective damage, that must be the first move Torchic uses.

Safety: Torchic must learn and keep protect ASAP (yes, this means you'll need the TM). Whenever Torchic is hit by a move that deals super effective damage, protect must be the next move it uses. Max out protect's PP ASAP for maximum protection.

Solo two of Flannery, Roxanne, Juan, and KO five E4/Champion pokemon (one from each member, unless other solos conflict).
Accepted! 2 left.

Might i be able to change his post-ego team restriction to the highest leveled pokemon of the gym leader?
Regardless of your answer, ACCEPTED!

2 Pkmn left!
No.

Be glad I didn't give you a Breloom and tell you to solo Winona with it without using SE moves.
(How are you even going to overlevel gym leaders anyways since you can't grind)

I supposed i deserve an answer like that XD
Apologies for asking
Nah it's okay, it's just that generally when people give challenges nowadays, they tend to give them much easier than the specified difficulty, often on accident. Very hard is meant for stuff like Leavanny soloing Skyla, Geodude that can't evolve (thanks user 18!), soloing all Electric-types with Gyarados, Reviving if you faint and resetting if you run out of Revives, etc. In fact, way back one was afraid to even put "Hard" because such requests would fall victim to users like Treadshot A1 (though I don't really remember too many of his challenges). Explosion soloes were common. I even remember one "Very Hard" challenge in which the poor user got a Ledyba that could only use Comet Punch and Supersonic, had to solo a gym leader to evolve, once it evolved could only use Supersonic, and had to solo an E4 member (but he did ask for Very Hard).

What I'm saying is that if you sign up for very hard, you should get what you signed up for (I'm actually not even sure what I gave you fits Very Hard). Alternatively, you shouldn't get much less. I, for one, was extremely disappointed with the level of mons I got--one Very Hard caliber mon, two mons that ran through the entire game practically by themselves and vanquished supposedly "impossible" soloes in single attempts, and two sideline backup fighters who didn't have to do anything thanks to restrictions. Then again maybe I just know how to game the system. Or maybe HeartGold is just an easy game in general.

(It's probably my knowledge of gaming the system. After all I've done deathless Treecko Emerald Nuzlocke runs with no TM or X-Item usage.)

Nah it's okay, it's just that generally when people give challenges nowadays, they tend to give them much easier than the specified difficulty, often on accident. Very hard is meant for stuff like Leavanny soloing Skyla, Geodude that can't evolve (thanks user 18!), soloing all Electric-types with Gyarados, Reviving if you faint and resetting if you run out of Revives, etc. In fact, way back one was afraid to even put "Hard" because such requests would fall victim to users like Treadshot A1 (though I don't really remember too many of his challenges). Explosion soloes were common. I even remember one "Very Hard" challenge in which the poor user got a Ledyba that could only use Comet Punch and Supersonic, had to solo a gym leader to evolve, once it evolved could only use Supersonic, and had to solo an E4 member (but he did ask for Very Hard).

What I'm saying is that if you sign up for very hard, you should get what you signed up for (I'm actually not even sure what I gave you fits Very Hard). Alternatively, you shouldn't get much less. I, for one, was extremely disappointed with the level of mons I got--one Very Hard caliber mon, two mons that ran through the entire game practically by themselves and vanquished supposedly "impossible" soloes in single attempts, and two sideline backup fighters who didn't have to do anything thanks to restrictions. Then again maybe I just know how to game the system. Or maybe HeartGold is just an easy game in general.

(It's probably my knowledge of gaming the system. After all I've done deathless Treecko Emerald Nuzlocke runs with no TM or X-Item usage.)
I remember a couple of Treadshot's challenges. The calibre is definitely different now than it was a couple of years ago. Feels like that was a golden age for the scramble challenge.

For example, there's this gem:

Furret, take Struggle the ____. I don't care what Pokemon it is. It cannot evolve until it soloes a Gym Leader/Rival/E4 member with only Struggle (I.e. start the battle with 0 PP). You may use up to 2 healing items during this battle.

Yes, creativity is lacking. So what? I don't need creativity to make someone's challenge difficult. :P

Ummm not sure how to do the whole tagging thing but cheers for giving me some pokes - I accept all the challenges! Only need 3 more (starter challenge please) and then I can be on my way!

Yeah, I'm still getting into Scrambling (I haven't actually finished one yet) so I'm still experimenting with how punishing users will be.

2 pokemon left.

Anyone I haven't given a challenge to, if you remind me of what game you're playing and any requests you have, I'll whip up something for you.

pretlzel987, take Chomps the Seviper.

Chomps, well, loves biting stuff. He must never forget Bite(or Crunch or Poison Fang.Or any Elemental Fang move.)
He especially loves eating. Eat(KO) the following Pokemon:
Taillow(Bird)
Zigzagoon(Rodent)
Ralts(Screw you Fairies)
Bagon(Dragons are yummy)
Skarmory(Get past the shell, it's very soft)
Cascoon/Silcoon(Silk is yummy)
Groudon(FOOD FUH DAYS)

In addition, you must solo 3 of Flannery, Winona, Norman or Nuzlocke Killers Tate&Liza.
Fail to do so before Ever Grande or it GITS IN DA BOX

Chomps, well, loves biting stuff. He must never forget Bite(or Crunch or Poison Fang.Or any Elemental Fang move.)
Taillow(Bird)
Zigzagoon(Rodent)
Ralts(Screw you Fairies)
Bagon(Dragons are yummy)
Groudon(FOOD FUH DAYS)

In addition, you must solo 3 of Flannery, Winona, Norman or Nuzlocke Killers Tate&Liza.
ACCEPTED!

One left!

Taillow(Bird)
Zigzagoon(Rodent)
Ralts(Screw you Fairies)
Bagon(Dragons are yummy)
Groudon(FOOD FUH DAYS)

Forgot to mention, Groudon is already being solo'ed by Bob.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)