Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Unfortunately no... and I can't dual-slot anyway, because my only working DS systems are a DSI and a 3DS :/

Anyway, i have a Pokemon for someone!
ZoomBringer , take Snooze the Slowpoke
Snooze is a male Slowpoke you encounter at the Slowpoke Well. They must comply to the following restrictions:
  • Must learn Rest and Sleep Talk as soon as he can. These moves may not be forgotten
  • Snooze is unable to use any Psychic-Type moves other than Rest, as Snooze is always much to tired to use the brainpower required for such moves
  • May never use any item capable of waking him up in-battle, held or not
  • May not evolve into Slowking (Slowbro is fine, and is in fact encouraged)
  • Must use Rest immediately whenever Snooze is sent out. After Snooze wakes up however, he will be angry and must now attempt to solo your current opponent
  • Snooze wants to prove that he isn't stupid by defeating other Psychic-types. Snooze must solo Will and Sabrina (the latter only if playing through Kanto)

Unfortunately no... and I can't dual-slot anyway, because my only working DS systems are a DSI and a 3DS :/

Anyway, i have a Pokemon for someone!
ZoomBringer , take Snooze the Slowpoke
Snooze is a male Slowpoke you encounter at the Slowpoke Well. They must comply to the following restrictions:
  • Must learn Rest and Sleep Talk as soon as he can. These moves may not be forgotten
  • Snooze is unable to use any Psychic-Type moves other than Rest, as Snooze is always much to tired to use the brainpower required for such moves
  • May never use any item capable of waking him up in-battle, held or not
  • May not evolve into Slowking (Slowbro is fine, and is in fact encouraged)
  • Must use Rest immediately whenever Snooze is sent out. After Snooze wakes up however, he will be angry and must now attempt to solo your current opponent
  • Snooze wants to prove that he isn't stupid by defeating other Psychic-types. Snooze must solo Will and Sabrina (the latter only if playing through Kanto)
Accepted PokeguyNXB
Team has been assembled! I will begin the game soon! Update will probably come later tonight!
Team is as follows:
Quilly The Quilava (Pokemon and Restrictions provided by PSDuckie)
Chance (Scenario for capture provided by user 18)
Wat the Cleffa (Pokemon and restrictions provided by pretzel987)
WorldTree the Sudowoodo (Pokemon and Restrictions provided by PSDuckie)
Albert the Mareep (Pokemon and Restrictions provided by Youngster Joey44)
Snooze the Slowpoke (Pokemon and Restrictions provided by PokeguyNXB)

All right then, take CookiLover the Psyduck.

This Psyduck, as the name suggests, loves to eat cookies! Specifically, he likes to eat Lava Cookies.

• You may not use CookiLover in battle or give him EXP in any way (this means no EXP Share!) unless he is holding a Lava Cookie.
  • If CookiLover gets afflicted with any status condition that a Lava Cookie can heal, you must immediately use a Lava Cookie to heal it - and by immediately, I mean the very next turn!
  • Solo Crasher Wake, Volkner, and Lucian.
  • After soloing Volkner, CookiLover can evolve into Golduck. (I was originally going to say no evolving at all, but since this is your first Scramble, I'll go a bit easy on you.)

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
All right then, take CookiLover the Psyduck.

This Psyduck, as the name suggests, loves to eat cookies! Specifically, he likes to eat Lava Cookies.

• You may not use CookiLover in battle or give him EXP in any way (this means no EXP Share!) unless he is holding a Lava Cookie.
  • If CookiLover gets afflicted with any status condition that a Lava Cookie can heal, you must immediately use a Lava Cookie to heal it - and by immediately, I mean the very next turn!
  • Solo Crasher Wake, Volkner, and Lucian.
  • After soloing Volkner, CookiLover can evolve into Golduck. (I was originally going to say no evolving at all, but since this is your first Scramble, I'll go a bit easy on you.)
Accepted :3

Team so far:
  • CookiLover-Psyduck

Someone give me an idea for Pokemon Blaze Black 2. I am starting on Hard difficulty.
I don't know where anything spawns in Blaze Black 2, so feel free to reject if it won't work.

Take WinMe the Porygon-Z. Evolve all the way to Porygon-Z ASAP.
  • WinMe cannot be used in battle or given EXP in any way whatsoever until it is a Porygon-Z. Ignore all WinMe's soloes until it is a Porygon-Z.
  • WinMe cannot face Poison or Fire types in battle.
  • Solo all Steel and Electric types, and all mons from the Porygon line. The Steel and Electric soloes are lower priority than other mons' soloes.
  • Learn Toxic ASAP and never forget it. Once Toxic is learned, all mons that WinMe faces must be either poisoned or Steel.
  • Solo any Steel or Electric gym leaders or Elite 4 members (if there are any).

PokeguyNXB take UPOS (Useless piece of shit) the Pachirisu.

Pachirisu is a useless piece of shit. You know it. UPOS him or herself knows it. But one thing stops him or her from sitting in your Bag wallowing in self-pity.

The success of Pokemon master Se Jun Park.

Unfortunately, Se Jun's Pachirisu used many luxuries UPOS can't afford. Since this is only Gen IV, there's no way to get Volt Absorb, so UPOS figures it's got to do i the old fashioned way--it must be hit by 50 Electric moves by the time you finish the game. You also can't afford the Impish nature, unless of course you caught it with an Impish nature, or Nuzzle, so Attack-lowering moves (learn and keep one) and either Thunder Wave, Discharge, or Thunder (learn and keep) will have to do. Follow Me can't be learned in Gen IV and it's an egg move anyways, so take Last Resort (learn and keep) as a last resort.

You must, however, always hold Sitrus Berry, or if you don't currently have one, be itemless. You must also learn and keep Super Fang.

UPOS wants to get better at Doubles, since that's the only format it can realistically ever succeed in. Thus, it must always participate in Double battles.

Solo a gym leader and E4 member of your choice.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
PokeguyNXB take UPOS (Useless piece of shit) the Pachirisu.

Pachirisu is a useless piece of shit. You know it. UPOS him or herself knows it. But one thing stops him or her from sitting in your Bag wallowing in self-pity.

The success of Pokemon master Se Jun Park.

Unfortunately, Se Jun's Pachirisu used many luxuries UPOS can't afford. Since this is only Gen IV, there's no way to get Volt Absorb, so UPOS figures it's got to do i the old fashioned way--it must be hit by 50 Electric moves by the time you finish the game. You also can't afford the Impish nature, unless of course you caught it with an Impish nature, or Nuzzle, so Attack-lowering moves (learn and keep one) and either Thunder Wave, Discharge, or Thunder (learn and keep) will have to do. Follow Me can't be learned in Gen IV and it's an egg move anyways, so take Last Resort (learn and keep) as a last resort.

You must, however, always hold Sitrus Berry, or if you don't currently have one, be itemless. You must also learn and keep Super Fang.

UPOS wants to get better at Doubles, since that's the only format it can realistically ever succeed in. Thus, it must always participate in Double battles.

Solo a gym leader and E4 member of your choice.
Accepted, thank you :3

Platinum Scramble team so far:
CookiLover-Psyduck
UPOS-Pachirisu
4 more needed

Quick thing on my Crystal Scramble challenge. I was supposed to do the first update a couple days ago, real life happened. I will do a big update later, probably edited into this quick update.

Quilly (Cyndaquil) is alive and well at level 12, and I am just outside Violet City.
I am just a few encounters away from getting Chance and setting the restrictions set by user 18
Other than that, almost set to enter Sprout Tower. Will update later after the gym is defeated!
EDIT: Upon further review, I have realized Mareep is only available through trade on Pokemon Crystal. Youngster Joey44 if you can give me a pokemon native to crystal with new restrictions, it would be much appreciated.

3 more for my Y very hard Scramble pls
Okay. Take LostFriend the Zangoose. Since this is Y, Zangoose only appear in a horde with four Seviper, and the Seviper will be attacking the lone Zangoose before attacking your mons. Since you wanted very hard, you only have one chance to catch a Zangoose! If it faints during the horde battle, this Scramblemon slot will be forever empty!

Assuming you manage to catch it, this Zangoose was a friend of the Shiny Zangoose that I caught in my X scramble. Thus, it has it in for me; solo all Psyduck and Golduck. In addition, you may not enter Victory Road until you have soloed ten Psyduck/Golduck.

Finally, this Zangoose knows that it isn't a viable mon in any Smogon tiers other than RU and NU. It may not ever fight any mon who is not in those tiers and does not have an evolution in those tiers, with the exception of Psyduck and Golduck.

Is this hard enough?

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Very hard run? Time to be a complete sadist >:)

acidphoenix ,take BackInMyDay the Amaura
Being a prehistoric Pokemon, BackInMyDay wants to do things old school. It may only use moves that existed in Gen 1, and must solo any and all Gen 1 Pokemon, unless it is already being solo'd by another 'mon in your party.

Also, since it doesn't know it evolves only at night (no day/night cycle in Gen 1), you must have it reach level 39 during the day. When BackInMyDay doesn't evolve, it will be confused. If you then play at night from that point on, level it up to evolve. Upon evolution, it is also able to use moves introduced in Gen 2, having learned a mechanic from said Generation

Howdy! I'm wanting to start a Alpha Sapphire Scramble, Preferably with Torchic as my starter.
I haven't completed a scramble yet, so I don't want it too difficult, but not too easy either. I also would prefer if most of the challenges do not require lots of resources/Paper, or just difficult to keep track of. ie, "The 4th move of each battle has to be xxx"

(Note, I will turn the EXP share off)

Thanks!

Okay. Take LostFriend the Zangoose. Since this is Y, Zangoose only appear in a horde with four Seviper, and the Seviper will be attacking the lone Zangoose before attacking your mons. Since you wanted very hard, you only have one chance to catch a Zangoose! If it faints during the horde battle, this Scramblemon slot will be forever empty!

Assuming you manage to catch it, this Zangoose was a friend of the Shiny Zangoose that I caught in my X scramble. Thus, it has it in for me; solo all Psyduck and Golduck. In addition, you may not enter Victory Road until you have soloed ten Psyduck/Golduck.

Finally, this Zangoose knows that it isn't a viable mon in any Smogon tiers other than RU and NU. It may not ever fight any mon who is not in those tiers and does not have an evolution in those tiers, with the exception of Psyduck and Golduck.

Is this hard enough?
Very hard run? Time to be a complete sadist >:)

acidphoenix ,take BackInMyDay the Amaura
Being a prehistoric Pokemon, BackInMyDay wants to do things old school. It may only use moves that existed in Gen 1, and must solo any and all Gen 1 Pokemon, unless it is already being solo'd by another 'mon in your party.

Also, since it doesn't know it evolves only at night (no day/night cycle in Gen 1), you must have it reach level 39 during the day. When BackInMyDay doesn't evolve, it will be confused. If you then play at night from that point on, level it up to evolve. Upon evolution, it is also able to use moves introduced in Gen 2, having learned a mechanic from said Generation
founlr svvrpyrf

Quick thing on my Crystal Scramble challenge. I was supposed to do the first update a couple days ago, real life happened. I will do a big update later, probably edited into this quick update.

Quilly (Cyndaquil) is alive and well at level 12, and I am just outside Violet City.
I am just a few encounters away from getting Chance and setting the restrictions set by user 18
Other than that, almost set to enter Sprout Tower. Will update later after the gym is defeated!
EDIT: Upon further review, I have realized Mareep is only available through trade on Pokemon Crystal. Youngster Joey44 if you can give me a pokemon native to crystal with new restrictions, it would be much appreciated.
Oh, OK. Sorry about that. Take Albert the **Whatever Pokemon the Mystery Egg hatches into**. Same restrictions as Mareep.

Well, I've blown it off for a while, but I'm finally typing my first update to my OR challange (mass hype train inbound)

Finally, some free time when I can play my Scramble!

*Ignores DS and plays Smite*
*some time later*

Welp, guess I finally have to do this lol.

Goodbye save file *tear*

Ok, out with the sentimentality, in with the gameplay!

*A-spam inbound*

Fast forward 10 minutes, and I'm finally at the gameplay that counts.
*Picks up Bob, and reks the Poochyena*
Gentle? Ew. Could be worse, though.

Anyways, fast forward some more, crush May's hopes and dreams, and pick up Pacifist. Straight away, I can tell that Pacifist and DontGrindMe will be competing for EXP in trainer battles. Well, I did ask for that i guess *sigh*

Rash? Eh. I'm more annoyed by the fact that Pacifist is not a PickupTruck. Screw you Gluttony.

On to the next route, where I can pick up Beyond! Due to the issue that DontGrindMe is a potential scramblemon as Ralts here, Bob must solo everything. However, no Ralts are found. But i do find Beyond, so yay and stuff.
Lax is ok i guess?

random time progression, lucky Wally for finding a Ralts, blah blah blah Petalburgh Woods.
First random encounter?

Welp. Rules are rules.
Oooh Brave. Not bad.

Rek the Magma Grunt's hopes and dreams, and enter Rustburo!
*checks movesets* Welp, looks like Beyond's gonna sweep the entire gym with Water Gun.

*many time l8r*

what did I tell you? Water>Roxanne.

BTW, don't judge me, but i totally forgot how to put the Gif sprites into the forum. So, no images fo u down here.
Ok, MVP to LVP from now on.

Bob (Torchic)
Lv 14
Blaze
Gentle Nature
-Scratch
-Peck
-Ember
-Sand Attack

Not much to say here. It's basically had to solo everything, so yeah it's strong. Moving on.

Beyond (Surskit)
Lv 14
Swift Swim
Lax Nature
-Bubble
-Quick Attack
-Sweet Scent
-Water Sport

This dude's strong b/c he soloed all of Roxanne. He will probs drop a lot in usage now that he doesn't get obvious type advantages, but time will tell.

DontGrindMe (Slakoth)
Lv 9
Truant
Brave Nature
-Scratch
-Yawn
-Slack Off
-Encore

DontGrindMe is currently suffering from lack of trainability and type disadvantages. However, it has an interesting moveset and a decent nature, which can't be said of the LVP at the moment.

Pacifist (Zigzagoon)
Lv 9
Gluttony
Lax Nature
-Tackle
-Growl
-Sand Attack
-Tail Whip

I hope, just HOPE, that something starts shining here soon. I'm just not using him. There's no other way to put it. His moveset isn't good, there are too many rock/fighting types coming up, and the final nail in the coffin is that I can't use him as a PickUpTruck. Hopefully something starts shining soon.

So...
uh...
how DO you get those sprites anyways? I swear i used to know.

Been 2 weeks since I got my last Pokemon for my Platinum run... I still need 4 more, c'mon guys
Take Chuck the Bidoof.
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Many have tried and failed to find the answer, however this little woodchuck Bidoof is determined to answer the question once and for all.
Chuck wants to chuck as much wood as possible.
To do so, Chuck must solo every Grass-type, as well as every Bonsly and Sudowoodo, that you come across. To chuck the wood, Chuck may only use certain moves- Cut, Super Fang, Hyper Fang. Chuck may not battle any Grass-types (Or Bonsly/Sudowoodo) until he knows one of these moves and may only use these moves in battle against them (Other battles are unrestricted). He should carry Cut at all times, because he naturally wants to be the one to clear all the trees in the overworld for you. To evolve, Chuck must solo the entire Eterna Gym, including Gardenia. Healing items and returns to the Pokemon center are allowed. Chuck has no other restrictions after this except for his required solos using the specified moves. If you play the postgame he should also solo Gardenia in the Survival area.

If you have any questions or would like me to add more to the challenge (Since it pretty much finishes at the second gym for now) just let me know!

Last edited:

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Take Chuck the Bidoof.
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Many have tried and failed to find the answer, however this little woodchuck Bidoof is determined to answer the question once and for all.
Chuck wants to chuck as much wood as possible.
To do so, Chuck must solo every Grass-type, as well as every Bonsly and Sudowoodo, that you come across. To chuck the wood, Chuck may only use certain moves- Cut, Super Fang, Hyper Fang. Chuck may not battle any Grass-types (Or Bonsly/Sudowoodo) until he knows one of these moves and may only use these moves in battle against them (Other battles are unrestricted). He should carry Cut at all times, because he naturally wants to be the one to clear all the trees in the overworld for you. To evolve, Chuck must solo the entire Eterna Gym, including Gardenia. Healing items and returns to the Pokemon center are allowed. Chuck has no other restrictions after this except for his required solos using the specified moves. If you play the postgame he should also solo Gardenia in the Survival area.

If you have any questions or would like me to add more to the challenge (Since it pretty much finishes at the second gym for now) just let me know!
Accepted! Halfway through!

Team So Far:
CookiLover - Psyduck
UPOS - Pachirisu
Chuck - Bidoof

3 down, 3 to go

PokeguyNXB here's another mon.

Take Spaghetti Code the Tangela. (Shorten the name however you want.)
  • Grass moves and Ancient Power only.
  • For all type calculations involving Spaghetti Code, treat the Grass type as if it were the Bug type instead. This includes your Grass moves and typing, as well as any Grass-type opponents' typing.
  • Solo all three Cyrus battles. After the battle in Team Galactic HQ, you may evolve into Tangrowth.
Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it.

Yeah, I still need 3 more for my moderately hard X Scramble, too. I've been asking for Pokemon since July!
Gosh, ever since I got Shovel Knight a couple weeks ago, I haven't been playing Pokemon as much...
BUT IT'S SOOO ADDICTING!!!

So, yeah, some more Scramblemons would be greatly appreciated :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)