Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Would it be possible to ladder on an empty server with two accounts? Would the IPs have to be different?

Very hypothetically, of course ;)

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Would it be possible to ladder on an empty server with two accounts? Would the IPs have to be different?

Very hypothetically, of course ;)
I think Ladder ratings on different servers are separate from ladder ratings on the main. Correct me, if I'm wrong, though.

Something doesn't look right when i look at the two, how come i can't put some of Poliwraiths moves on Politoad even if i can't teach it after it evolves from Poliwraith i should be able to carry the moves over from Poliwraith to politoad if i have the preexisting moves prior to the evolution. Some of it doesn't make sense to me because that's a part of breeding and raising pokemon. That just doesn't seem right to me given the showdown system....

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Poliwrath and Politoed evolve from Poliwhirl. The two have slight variations in their movepool since they are entirely different Pokemon.

Poliwrath and Politoed evolve from Poliwhirl. The two have slight variations in their movepool since they are entirely different Pokemon.
I know but that doesn't answer my question necessarily. I should be able to input their moves in pokemon showdown right given the legitimacy of how raising a Pokemon works between evolutions? Also forgive me i was in the middle of removing the post and placing it in another thread before it was moved i think? Not used to this forum system yet. '^,^

I know but that doesn't answer my question necessarily. I should be able to input their moves in pokemon showdown right given the legitimacy of how raising a Pokemon works between evolutions? Also forgive me i was in the middle of removing the post and placing it in another thread before it was moved i think? Not used to this forum system yet. '^,^

Moves that poliwhirl learns should be eligible on both Politoed and Poliwrath, with the exception of maybe some combinations of moves. Could you please specify the issue you've had rather than ask such a general question?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, so I'm new to the forums and I'm still trying to find my way around here. I want to add a signature, and I've asked quite a few people about this in the help room on PS!, but so far nobody has been able to help me. No, I do not have the signature option when I mouseover my name for some reason. Maybe it's because I haven't posted anything yet and it'll work after I post this. Anyway, help would be appreciated.

Hey, so I'm new to the forums and I'm still trying to find my way around here. I want to add a signature, and I've asked quite a few people about this in the help room on PS!, but so far nobody has been able to help me. No, I do not have the signature option when I mouseover my name for some reason. Maybe it's because I haven't posted anything yet and it'll work after I post this. Anyway, help would be appreciated.
Welp, seems as though I just needed to post something. I can add a sig now, I don't know if I should delete this post now, but feel free to do so if it's not supposed to be here. Thanks!

Why did some move animations suddenly become so weird? moves like body slam, foul play and superpower all look the same (the mon just shoots a generic white ball at the target) and synthesis used to be a sunlight animation and now it's also just a generic white ball

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Why did some move animations suddenly become so weird? moves like body slam, foul play and superpower all look the same (the mon just shoots a generic white ball at the target) and synthesis used to be a sunlight animation and now it's also just a generic white ball
There was some sort of glitch or bug for a little while. The person in charge of the animations says he fixed it so it should go back to the way it was.

Acast

What are all the differences between gen 5 custom game and normal gen 5 battles?
Custom has no limitations. You can give pokemon 24 moves, make them level 9999, or give them abilities they can't normally have. Regular gen 5 is standard and has all the rules of Smogon’s various metagames in Gen 5.

Last edited:

Acast

How do I customize a custome battle. I know how to challenge someone to a custom game but how do I add specific clauses and stuff
Custom Battle doesn't allow you to add clauses or rules of your choosing. It just allows you to change your pokemon in absurd ways, such as the examples I provided here:
You can give pokemon 24 moves, make them level 9999, or give them abilities they can't normally have.

Last edited:

Acast

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-387289549

How possible I didn't get confused on turn 11??

My Lum Berry was knocked out at this point, so it couldn't have worked? Which is why to my understanding at the end of Outrage my Zygarde should've became confused?
When Outrage is stopped by a Fairy type coming in, it prevents the Outrage user from becoming confused. I believe the same thing would happen if your opponent had used Protect instead of bringing in a Fairy type.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-387289549

How possible I didn't get confused on turn 11??

My Lum Berry was knocked out at this point, so it couldn't have worked? Which is why to my understanding at the end of Outrage my Zygarde should've became confused?
When Outrage is stopped by a Fairy type coming in, it prevents the Outrage user from becoming confused. I believe the same thing would happen if your opponent had used Protect instead of bringing in a Fairy type.
it also depends on if you're Outrage was a 3-turn or 2-turn attack

Yes, hitting protect and hitting an immunity work the same with outrage. The move ends and you can use other attacks / switch out again, but if it was the last turn of outrage, you will still become confused.

why can't battle players have the option to roomban? like if someone is spamming, /modchat + works, but then you've gotta go through and roomvoice people who aren't spamming. ;~;

Sobi

Banned deucer.
why can't battle players have the option to roomban? like if someone is spamming, /modchat + works, but then you've gotta go through and roomvoice people who aren't spamming. ;~;
Because people will abuse the feature by banning users that aren't spamming

Because people will abuse the feature by banning users that aren't spamming
then punish them for it? like you do when someone spams /roomvoice or whatever. if it's constantly abused, sure, but it's not been a trial run whatsoever afaik and it could be very useful.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
then punish them for it? like you do when someone spams /roomvoice or whatever. if it's constantly abused, sure, but it's not been a trial run whatsoever afaik and it could be very useful.
You see, having a feature which involves a lot of moderation arguably isn't a good idea, because what that does is put more work on the moderators, which is the last thing they would want. (I guess you could say that green text is abused but it's banned in some rooms anyway) If you don't want someone in your battle, at the beginning of it, do /hideroom . If there are annoying spectators, just click on ignore spectators.

You see, having a feature which involves a lot of moderation arguably isn't a good idea, because what that does is put more work on the moderators, which is the last thing they would want. (I guess you could say that green text is abused but it's banned in some rooms anyway) If you don't want someone in your battle, at the beginning of it, do /hideroom . If there are annoying spectators, just click on ignore spectators.
But I don't want to ignore all spectators. Ruining the fun of every other user to stop one spammer is not efficient. How do you know for certain it's more work for the mods? It's never been implemented (afaik). I don't see the issue with letting a Player have the ability to /roomban; besides, it would only be useful in games with many spectators, as there won't be a need to use it in the majority of battles. Yeah, /ignore is a thing, but it doesn't stop it from the other user's screens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)