Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crabrawler might actually get an evo, imo. If you look at its height and weight, its actually similar to Corphish's!

Turtonator looks like it would have a prevo as well.

Drampa just might be our Pseudo; its definitely late game, but what would the theme be?

Pyukumuku is standalone. I don't even know what it'd look like if it evolved.
I suspect it will be a Sea-Bunny kind of thing. I can actually picture it very cleary on my mind, but I don't have the talent to draw it. For me it has the potential to evolve once, but It could go trough two stages easily.

I actually thought Minior would evolve just because the "mini" felt like a dimunitive that implied a larger version.
If it evolves it will probably be one of those Voltorb->Electrode or Magnemite->Magneton deals where it doesn't change too much or just gets duplicated.
On the other hand, we have many examples of form changing abilities that only exist on the final evolution so that's a good point too. It might not evolve.
Turtonator is one of the Pokemon at the top of my curiousity list.
I actually see it more like Honedge line, a weird object having a cool evolution.

Cutiefly may also be the final stage, but that would make its pre evo(s) really small. Most winged bug types are fully evolved after all. I think the only exceptions are Scyther and Combee.
HOW?
HOW COULD IT BE A FINAL STAGE?

For me it definitely looks like a candidate for a silk moth evolution.

Turtonator may have a pre-evolution, but honestly I think it's a standalone. Drampa has the same vibe.

I wanted Bounsweet to be a fruit Dragon Pokemon, but seems that it's not the actual reference.

I can't help but wonder what Drampa's stats are going to be like. It doesn't look particularly bulky, quite honestly it gives me more of a special attacker vibe, and as for it being a pseudo, well I can see it but I'm not going to say yes or no until the games are released.

The only thing that I can infer and feel confident about in regards to Drampa is it probably being slow. It doesn't particularly have long appendages and old things are not known for being fast.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Crabrawler might actually get an evo, imo. If you look at its height and weight, its actually similar to Corphish's!

Turtonator looks like it would have a prevo as well.

Drampa just might be our Pseudo; its definitely late game, but what would the theme be?
I don't see Crabrawler getting an evolution regardless of its size, I can't argure with Turtonator getting a Prevolution, and I doubet that Drampa is the Pseudo-Legendary. If it is the Pseudo, then between its apparent age and its potential Grass Immunity, I'm guessing that the theme is "Get off my Lawn!" (A more serious guess is an age theme. Kid Stage 1, Adult Stage 2, and Drampa Stage 3.)

The only thing that I can infer and feel confident about in regards to Drampa is it probably being slow. It doesn't particularly have long appendages and old things are not known for being fast.
Every time someone tries to guess stats, I want to jokingly bet that the stats will be the opposite of what they guessed. With Speed, its very apparent why I can do this and not always be wrong. There's stuff like Base 100 Speed Miltank, 112 Speed Purugly, and 85 Speed Qwilfish with Swift Swim. If you name a Qwilfish after Michel Phelps, it's supposed to make fun of its apparent Hydrodynamics, not highlight that you're using it as a Speedy Rain Sweeper.

Ok, I'm gonna guess wich of the new mons are getting one or more evos/pre-evos

- Rockruff will evolve, and that's pretty much confirmed. While it'll have something special about it, it gives me that "Poochyena" vibe, so I'm guessing it'll only have one more evo. I could be wrong though, especially if it's related to the starters as speculated by some.

- Komala definitely has the "first stage pokémon look", it'll evolve once at least, maybe even twice.

- Pikipek, as already said, looks like a standard 3 stage evos bird, and I'm betting it will. There are exceptions (fearow), but this just doesn't feel like one.

- Drampa to me looks like a fully formed mon, so I really don't think it'll evolve. It doesn't look like a 2nd stage evo though, it looks too simple for that imho... A standalone or a 1st stage fully evolved mon are the most likely options to me. I could be horribly wrong though, and it could have the child-adult-old 3 stages theme.

- Bruxish does look like a standalone 'mon, but I could see it having a pre-evo (it sorta reminds me of Aromatisse).

- Cutiefly extremely simple design and minuscule size could anticipate a 3 stages evo line, with it being the base one. It could work even as an "odd" standalone, or just having one evo, but I can't stop associating it to Flabebe.

- Togedemaru pika-clone, so it's most likely a standalone.

- Salandit has the potential to be a base 'mon, a middle stage or a standalone... But I'm betting it'll be a base mon of a 3 stages evo line, as it really reminds me of the Sandile line, and it's too small to be a second stage considering that its concept doesn't involve being small.

- Bewear having a pre-evo wasn't surprising at all for me, since all the other "big bears" had one. And none of them had another evo, Bewear doesn't look like it'll be an exception.

- Mimikyu isn't exactly your regular pika-clone, but it's too gimmicky to get an evo as it is... Especially considering that it's almost confirmed that it'll not have more "costumes". It isn't impossible, but it's highly unlikely.

- Wimpod... design-wise, looks like a first stage of a 2 or even 3 stages line, concept-wise is much less clear what it'll become. It could be a standalone, but I'm guessing it'll evolve at least once.

- Bounsweet definitely will evolve imho. It's just too similar to Hoppip/Cherubi/Cottonee/Petilil/Oddish to not to. It's just impossible to say if it'll has just one or two evos, though.

- Comfey is hard to evolve conceptually, I could see a bellossom-like evo for it, but I don't know... I think it'll be the Klefki of this gen.

- Mudsdale is definitely a final stage and Mudbray a first stage, I can't see a mudbray pre-evo or a Mudsdale evo. A middle evo between the two? Not impossible, but I don't see why there should be one.

- Minior is another gimmicky 'mon that's hard to evolve. I think it'll stay like this, but if it'll evolve, it'll do just once imho.

- Fomantis/Lurantis really reminds me of Joltik/Galvantula, so I doubt there'll be more to them.

- Oricorio definitely looks like a standalone, but it could have a "common" pre-evo that evolve differently in each island.

- Sandygast/Palossand doesn't really have space for more evos/pre-evos/middle stages imho.

- Wishiwashi will clearly be a standalone 'mon, since its concept is based around that (it's only a small fry, but with its ability becomes a huge threat).

- Pyukumuku could easily be a standalone 'mon like Corsola, and its gimmicky ability confirms that even more for me. It could evolve once, but I'm not seeing that coming.

- Morelull is clearly going to evolve, I'm guessing just once 'cause of the the other mushrooms lines.

- Turtonator is definitely fully evolved, and I think it's a standalone. If not, just one pre-evo at most imho.

- Crabrawler could be a fully evolved 'mon, if it only was bigger... However, it's based on the largest terrestrial crustacean on Earth, so it's almost certainly the base 'mon of a 2 stage line, as most other crustaceans.

I'm thinking that the Pyukumuku black screen is actually a battle, but for the purposes of the gameplay they cropped it. That would justify the 20K as well.
I doubt it, they're probably paying that much money simply because Pyukumuku might punch whoever touches it really hard with its guts and well... that's pretty much what you're doing. My guess is that you're just well paid for willingly putting youself in harm's way for someone else's sake.

Really, imho it is always safer to assume the devs were just being lazy when it comes to stuff like this that would require extra work to be put in.

Last edited:
For me it [Cutiefly] definitely looks like a candidate for a silk moth evolution.
I'm not sure about this. Cutiefly is based off of the bee fly, and I really don't see a bee fly becoming a silk moth. Considering Cutiefly is based off of a smaller species of bee fly, I'm going to guess it's going to evolve into either:

A. A bigger, fuzzier version of itself
B. A larger species of bee fly (something like this?)

And don't give me that Remoraid/Octillery crap. Technically it's a pistol evolving into a turret.

I will be immensely disappointed if drampa is the pseudo legendary. It just looks kinda weak and blah to me. Seems more like a one stager. And revealing a late game Pokemon like that seems a bit in poor taste by gamefreak. Gotta leave something awesome as a surprise.

(Also- Yay, 500 posts! Took me long enough haha)
I remember Haxorus being revealed somewhat halfway-through in Gen V. Not a pseudo, but still kinda lategame.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ok, I'm gonna guess wich of the new mons are getting one or more evos/pre-evos

- Rockruff will evolve, and that's pretty much confirmed. While it'll have something special about it, it gives me that "Poochyena" vibe, so I'm guessing it'll only have one more evo. I could be wrong though, especially if it's related to the starters as speculated by some.

- Komala definitely has the "first stage pokémon look", it'll evolve once at least, maybe even twice.

- Pikipek, as already said, looks like a standard 3 stage evos bird, and I'm betting it will. There are exceptions (fearow), but this just doesn't feel like one.

- Drampa to me looks like a fully formed mon, so I really don't think it'll evolve. It doesn't look like a 2nd stage evo though, it looks too simple for that imho... A standalone or a 1st stage fully evolved mon are the most likely options to me. I could be horribly wrong though, and it could have the child-adult-old 3 stages theme.

- Bruxish does look like a standalone 'mon, but I could see it having a pre-evo (it sorta reminds me of Aromatisse).

- Cutiefly extremely simple design and minuscule size could anticipate a 3 stages evo line, with it being the base one. It could work even as an "odd" standalone, or just having one evo, but I can't stop associating it to Flabebe.

- Togedemaru pika-clone, so it's most likely a standalone.

- Salandit has the potential to be a base 'mon, a middle stage or a standalone... But I'm betting it'll be a base mon of a 3 stages evo line, as it really reminds me of the Sandile line, and it's too small to be a second stage considering that its concept doesn't involve being small.

- Bewear having a pre-evo wasn't surprising at all for me, since all the other "big bears" had one. And none of them had another evo, Bewear doesn't look like it'll be an exception.

- Mimikyu isn't exactly your regular pika-clone, but it's too gimmicky to get an evo as it is... Especially considering that it's almost confirmed that it'll not have more "costumes". It isn't impossible, but it's highly unlikely.

- Wimpod... design-wise, looks like a first stage of a 2 or even 3 stages line, concept-wise is much less clear what it'll become. It could be a standalone, but I'm guessing it'll evolve at least once.

- Bounsweet definitely will evolve imho. It's just too similar to Hoppip/Cherubi/Cottonee/Petilil/Oddish to not to. It's just impossible to say if it'll has just one or two evos, though.

- Comfey is hard to evolve conceptually, I could see a bellossom-like evo for it, but I don't know... I think it'll be the Klefki of this gen.

- Mudsdale is definitely a final stage and Mudbray a first stage, I can't see a mudbray pre-evo or a Mudsdale evo. A middle evo between the two? Not impossible, but I don't see why there should be one.

- Minior is another gimmicky 'mon that's hard to evolve. I think it'll stay like this, but if it'll evolve, it'll do just once imho.

- Fomantis/Lurantis really reminds me of Joltik/Galvantula, so I doubt there'll be more to them.

- Oricorio definitely looks like a standalone, but it could have a "common" pre-evo that evolve differently in each island.

- Sandygast/Palossand doesn't really have space for more evos/pre-evos/middle stages imho.

- Wishiwashi will clearly be a standalone 'mon, since its concept is based around that (it's only a small fry, but with its ability becomes a huge threat).

- Pyukumuku could easily be a standalone 'mon like Corsola, and its gimmicky ability confirms that even more for me. It could evolve once, but I'm not seeing that coming.

- Morelull is clearly going to evolve, I'm guessing just once 'cause of the the other mushrooms lines.

- Turtonator is definitely fully evolved, and I think it's a standalone. If not, just one pre-evo at most imho.

- Crabrawler could be a fully evolved 'mon, if it only was bigger... However, it's based on the largest terrestrial crustacean on Earth, so it's almost certainly the base 'mon of a 2 stage line, as most other crustaceans.
Pretty much agree except:

Bruxish: I would think it would have an evolution instead of a pre-evolution.
Wimpod: I say its the base of a 3-stage evoution.
Minior: I think it will have evolve and be a 2-stage evoution.
Morelull: Just to be different, I'm going to say its a 3-stage evoution. It's design is a bit too simple for me, I don't think just on evolution would add that much without looking out of place.

Pretty much agree except:

Bruxish: I would think it would have an evolution instead of a pre-evolution.
Wimpod: I say its the base of a 3-stage evoution.
Minior: I think it will have evolve and be a 2-stage evoution.
Morelull: Just to be different, I'm going to say its a 3-stage evoution. It's design is a bit too simple for me, I don't think just on evolution would add that much without looking out of place.
On Morelull, you say a 2-stage evolution line wouldn't add enough to it to make it complex enough to look like a fully evolved Pokemon, and while I agree with this completely, we have been disappointed by a Pokemon exactly like this when we found out it was 2 stage. You know who I mean.

Just like Morelull, Foongus was small, simple and gave off the vibe of a 3 stage line's baby. Everyone thought one evolution wouldn't be enough to have a Pokemon that feels complete.

Then it evolved into this thing, and everyone was proven right. One evolution did not make it feel complete and if anything made it feel even more incomplete. Not to insult anyone who likes this, but it felt incomplete, and it was a major disappointment to me when I found out it couldn't evolve. All I'm saying is, as much as I hope it's not so, they could pull an Amoonguss and give Morelull a 2 stage line where the second stage looks more like a middle evo.

Oh jeeze, if Amoonguss evolved it would rule us all. That thing is stronk AF.

I wouldn't be shocked if Cuitiefly had no evolutions. When I first saw the thing it didn't strike me as an "incomplete" design. Some pokemon look like babies, but to me cutiefly just looks... really small.

Though I can see the want for it to evolve a couple times. I was super dissapointed when we stopped at heliolisk and didn't get of some kind of solar powered basilisk tank. I always felt like Heliolisk was supposed to keep evolving.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
On Morelull, you say a 2-stage evolution line wouldn't add enough to it to make it complex enough to look like a fully evolved Pokemon, and while I agree with this completely, we have been disappointed by a Pokemon exactly like this when we found out it was 2 stage. You know who I mean.

Just like Morelull, Foongus was small, simple and gave off the vibe of a 3 stage line's baby. Everyone thought one evolution wouldn't be enough to have a Pokemon that feels complete.

Then it evolved into this thing, and everyone was proven right. One evolution did not make it feel complete and if anything made it feel even more incomplete. Not to insult anyone who likes this, but it felt incomplete, and it was a major disappointment to me when I found out it couldn't evolve. All I'm saying is, as much as I hope it's not so, they could pull an Amoonguss and give Morelull a 2 stage line where the second stage looks more like a middle evo.
Ah, but was Foongus as simple? While its overall body shape is that of a mushroom the mushroom's cap was designed to look like a Pokeball, has a puffy lip mouth, and arms. It wasn't just a few mushrooms like Morelull is, it looked like a creature which was a mushroom. It had a general direction an evolution could take it.

But Morelull? Well its a just some mushrooms with eyes. Where do you go from that? I feel it at least needs a transitional stage to set up something. It's also based on bioluminescent mushrooms and fairy rings, so those design cues would most likely be present somehow.

Of course no one knows for sure. Everyone could be right and it is a two stage like the other's. I just personal went with three stage as I personally feel there's someplace they could go with the design with an extra evolution step.

Though I can see the want for it to evolve a couple times. I was super dissapointed when we stopped at heliolisk and didn't get of some kind of solar powered basilisk tank. I always felt like Heliolisk was supposed to keep evolving.
B-But Heliolisk is amazing. It would be almost impossible to improve it :(

I think Morelull will have only one evolution, just like all other mushroom mons.

Just looking at the designs of the mons and how 'complete' they are - I can't see Bruxish evolving. Where do you take the design next? Established lips with big teeth, uber colourful with what seems to be very specific markings and the prominent head fin. If anything I'd say that's the end product of an evo line.

Compared with Morelull which is just a blob on a tripod with 3 mushrooms growing out of it's head and undefined eyes and we can see there are lots of places to take it. Either by making it look more mobile, giving it armlike appendages, more mushrooms and make it wider and give it a defined attitude (like Bruxish and its smugness) instead of the blank expression it has now.

Gonna go against the grain and suggest that Morelull could possibly not evolve as it does resemble a fairy circle somewhat. Although if it does evolve, odds are it'll be just once and the top of the head will be an actual Fairy Circle.

Cutiefly also possibly won't evolve, but I reckon Sandlit will.

Every "mushroom" Pokemon we've had so far has only had 1 evolution.

Paras -> Parasect
Shroomish -> Breloom
Foongus -> Amoongus

So I'm expecting Morelull (oh god why did my phone auto correct Morelull to "More KILL") to only have one evo. But I do agree it looks really really simple for the first stage of only a 2 stage line.

Vague

Banned deucer.
i may be a little late, but team skull's mixtape is fire. gangsters are cool too. is it bad i want to join them?

am i the only one that thinks wishiwashi has the potential to be super powerful? just from the look of how they presented it in the latest video made it seem like it could be a real tier shifter.

i'm disappointed that they haven't released any more information on alola itself, we only know about a lot of new pokemon and 1 island iirc. it makes me think there's going to be some massive new content involved with how the islands play out. am i the only one that has even thought "how are we suposed to get to new islands? surf? ships? flying?" the possibilities are quite frankly endless. i also want to know how the two boxart legends tie in with alola.

all in all they're introducing a ton this gen and it's making alola look incredibly promising. oh, but i think z-moves are just broken lol

I don't think Drampa is the pseudo.

EDIT: Oops, edit and accidentally deleted stuff.
But yeah, I don't think it's the Pseudo but at least a two stage line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)