SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The website, to me, implies that the climax still has Lusamine force Cosmog to Cosmoem and that we still do the flute expedition to "awaken" it from there.
Yeah, I feel like up to that point in the story everything will be mostly the same as in SM. My money is on the twist happening once Solgaleo/Lunala is summoned and Necrozma pops outta nowhere to steal their light or whatever.

The website, to me, implies that the climax still has Lusamine force Cosmog to Cosmoem and that we still do the flute expedition to "awaken" it from there.
I don't think that would make sense seeing they confirmed that the "bad guy" is Necrozma in USUM.

S/M eventualyl cleary revealed that Lusamine was the one orchestrating everything because fuck everyone i'm emo.

A likely possibility is that in USUM Lusamine never went crazy, she really is researching about Ultrabeasts, and maybe you actually try to evolve Cosmog to save the world, only for Necrozma to pull out a very bad surprise and possess him, and in a totally Japanese style, you have to cooperate with Lusamine and team Skull (why not at this point) in order to save him and then beat (read: enslave and put in pokebank) Necrozma.

I don't think that would make sense seeing they confirmed that the "bad guy" is Necrozma in USUM.

S/M eventualyl cleary revealed that Lusamine was the one orchestrating everything because fuck everyone i'm emo.

A likely possibility is that in USUM Lusamine never went crazy, she really is researching about Ultrabeasts, and maybe you actually try to evolve Cosmog to save the world, only for Necrozma to pull out a very bad surprise and possess him, and in a totally Japanese style, you have to cooperate with Lusamine and team Skull (why not at this point) in order to save him and then beat (read: enslave and put in pokebank) Necrozma.
we have screens of cosmoem in the lusamine lab and erupting out of the bag in the same scene where you evolve it.
Necrozma can still be involved in other parts of hte plot, maybe it starts coming in & out of wormholes all over, but I doubt they'll deviate too far from Lusamine putting all of this in motion

Pre-ordering USM from the Pokemon Center in Japan gets you these figures, depending on which version you buy:

Pre-ordering both (or the double pack) gets you the above figures and this art book:

Other gifts are listed here. Not sure why 7-11 and Itoyokado give a Ho-Oh figure and Lugia figure for US and UM respectively, though.
Reasonable to surmise that the Johto birds will be appearing, in their normal forms, in USUM?

If so, a bit of an odd choice considering they'll be available with their vastly more useful hidden abilities in GS immediately beforehand.

By the way, I've been thinking about it (fine, I'm lying - I just saw a Facebook post) and... perhaps UB Block could be the closest thing to a canon Missingno., as an otherwordly... thing... that has a blocky shape.

(If only there were easy item duplication associated to it)

Reasonable to surmise that the Johto birds will be appearing, in their normal forms, in USUM?

If so, a bit of an odd choice considering they'll be available with their vastly more useful hidden abilities in GS immediately beforehand.
Might just be a way to cross promote the GS VC games, honestly.
And makes more sene to offer physical figures for the big games rather than vc i suppose

They might add more legendaries, but the direction they are taking leans more towards keeping those for VC games. IDK, :(
i can see this as an excuse to keep out the gen 1 & 2 legends, but I'd be surprised if they didn't find a way to include a selection of gens 3-5 legendaries.

By the way, the official site has some extra pictures here and there. Looks like Lillie has the same design and Cosmog is still rescued from spearow and still needs to be found in the melemele meadow

Cosmoem's here too. So Lusamine probably still forces it to use its power at the climax
Not sure how everyone else feels but this is totally not ok with me. I'm spending 40 bucks to replay exactly the same game cutscenes as before up until the climax.

Might just be a way to cross promote the GS VC games, honestly.
And makes more sene to offer physical figures for the big games rather than vc i suppose
They already did that by including a Celebi code for SM and USM with the GS VC games, though. It's weird that they'd give out figures of GS legendaries for purchasing USM two months later. Then again, I suppose they don't need a reason for doing so.

I'm not sure if I want the 7-11 figures or the Pokemon Center ones... Tough choice.

Not sure how everyone else feels but this is totally not ok with me. I'm spending 40 bucks to replay exactly the same game cutscenes as before up until the climax.
Well, it's not exactly the same game, since it has differences. Even though some cutscenes are apparently the same, not everything is the same. Also, even if things WERE the same up to a certain point, how's that any different than third versions in general? Same game + extra fluff + Move Tutors. That's the basic formula.

i can see this as an excuse to keep out the gen 1 & 2 legends, but I'd be surprised if they didn't find a way to include a selection of gens 3-5 legendaries.
There's an unfinished Zygarde plot in SM that might well be expanded upon, and Xerneas and Yveltal are currently the legendaries that have gone the longest without being obtainable. (Mewtwo and the Kanto birds were in the RBY VC release, everything else was in ORAS or SM). If any old legendaries were to appear in USUM, I'd expect it to be those two.

Regarding the national dex... it seems logical that the new mons will appear before the mythicals, because the mythicals are almost always the last in their gen in the national dex to make their absence less conspicuous. They might break with tradition like they did with Victini, but the absence of a national dex in SM makes it easier to just change the national dex numbers of some things to fit the new UBs. I wonder if they anticipated that when making that decision.

There's an unfinished Zygarde plot in SM that might well be expanded upon, and Xerneas and Yveltal are currently the legendaries that have gone the longest without being obtainable. (Mewtwo and the Kanto birds were in the RBY VC release, everything else was in ORAS or SM). If any old legendaries were to appear in USUM, I'd expect it to be those two.
Wasn't there a shiny Xerneas/Yveltal and regular Zygarde distribution for XY/ORAS a while ago?

Burst will probably be a glass cannon similar to Phermosa except with a bit more special defense. I'm thinking something like a 68/102/47/133/96/124 stat spread. For Assembly high defense is obvious but I think it's going to have a ton of hp as well. Gonna guess 132/92/160/56/98/32 for it.

Regarding the national dex... it seems logical that the new mons will appear before the mythicals, because the mythicals are almost always the last in their gen in the national dex to make their absence less conspicuous. They might break with tradition like they did with Victini, but the absence of a national dex in SM makes it easier to just change the national dex numbers of some things to fit the new UBs. I wonder if they anticipated that when making that decision.
As frustrating as it is, I don't think Zygarde will get an expansion on the plot line. It's as "done" as it 'll get.

National Dex not being SM aside, the internal numbering is still there and Magearna & Marshadow are 801 & 802 on the official websites & pokebank. I thought maybe they'd retcon them away too, but the more I think about it the more it's likely they'll just put them after Marshadow. Maybe we'll be able to "see" Marshadow & Magearna so its not quite as awkward if there's a national dex proper. Otherwise the alola dex ordering will probably just make the UBs the new 301 & 302

Burst will probably be a glass cannon similar to Phermosa except with a bit more special defense. I'm thinking something like a 68/102/47/133/96/124 stat spread. For Assembly high defense is obvious but I think it's going to have a ton of hp as well. Gonna guess 132/92/160/56/98/32 for it.
Just keep in mind that all UBs have prime numbers as base stats. But I do believe as well that their stats would be something along those lines.

Well, it's not exactly the same game, since it has differences. Even though some cutscenes are apparently the same, not everything is the same. Also, even if things WERE the same up to a certain point, how's that any different than third versions in general? Same game + extra fluff + Move Tutors. That's the basic formula.
The last time when something like this happened was emerald, where it was exactly the same until the climax. Platinum and of course BW2 had ways to spice up the formula. Now they have the power to create big cutscenes with great detail, and they decide to reuse the *exact* same ones by the cutscene pictures? That's just waaay too lazy for me. It's borderline "well the additions are nice but this could have been dlc" area.

The new UBs seem like solid contenders for future "top 10 weirdest/ bad/ WTF Pokemon designs" videos on youtube... After ice cream, trash bags, cotton candies, gears, i know i shouldnt complaint about designs not looking like Pokemon anymore but these two are just ... hidious :(

I prefer not to make so many Yo-kai Watch references on a Pokémon forum, but do any of you guys think that the updated National Dex will take the same approach as Yo-kai Watch 2's Medallium (as of the Psychic Specters update)? These two Ultra Beasts and other potential Pokédex numbers have been introduced to the audience after Magearna and Marshadow, so it could make sense to place these two and other discoveries afterward, kinda like the Platinum Sinnoh Dex.

From YW2's end, the likes of Snottle were placed after the first batch of Boss Yo-kai. YW3 does this differently by giving the bosses their own section of Medallium Numbers, but we're not likely getting non-playable bosses in Pokémon any time soon.

Last edited:
Well, they are from another universe... they are supposed to be weird.
Sure ... but it would be better if they were Pheromosa, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Guzzlord kind of weird as opposed to the Celesteela, Kartana, Xurkitree kind of weird. Although at the end of it, it's just my personal opinion on their designs. I think they look hideous but the guy above me loves UB Assembly so different people, different taste.

EDIT: Z move animation is getting out of control. Too long.

Sure ... but it would be better if they were Pheromosa, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Guzzlord kind of weird as opposed to the Celesteela, Kartana, Xurkitree kind of weird. Although at the end of it, it's just my personal opinion on their designs. I think they look hideous but the guy above me loves UB Assembly so different people, different taste.

EDIT: Z move animation is getting out of control. Too long.
I love Celesteela, Kartana, Xurkitree, Pheromosa and Buzzwole, idgaf for Nihilego and I find Guzzlord hideous. I love Assembly and I think the Ultra Jester is kinda nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)