Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 2 (In-Game Discussion)

Awesome work RB Golbat

Seeing Vacuum Wave on Scyther makes me think it might be an egg move for the Bugs (like how Pursuit is in D/P)...

I'm personally hoping Flygon gets it...

Not many people seem to realize how awesome Caterpie and Weedle getting Bug Bite is. While pretty useless, those guys haven't gotten a new move in the entire history of Pokemon (10 years?).
For what it's worth it's been 12 years, JAA was the 10'th anniversary. (I'm wearing the sepcial badge they handed out ATM)

I finally got that egg.

Turns out you get it after you beat Team Galactic, not when you first arrive.

EDIT: It turns out you can ride your bike through those gates. Certainly a welcome return.

is the movelist 100% proven? when do the peer edits start? I personally would like to start bullet punching up the Scizor analysis right now.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Uhh no thank you lol.

We make peer edits based on experience, not theorymon.

Preferably based on experience on Shoddy too, so I would recommend waiting until it is implemented there.

This is going to sound really retarded but can Scizor/Scyther do anything with Techician-boosted Vacuum Wave?

We make peer edits based on experience, not theorymon.
you're very right actually.

(out of curiosity vs practicality mainly) I've been looking at the pros and cons of quick attack vs bullet punch on scizor (and the possibility of using both [would not]). with bullet punch you lose damage on gyarados / zapdos, infernape, starmie, tentacruel, Jolteon and electivire. a neutral quick attack is just as poweful as a NVE X-Scissor / Iron Head, but you obviously lose the priority.

on the plus side, you gain damage on Azelf, Breloom, Deoxys-S, Dugtio, Dragonite, Garchomp (very cool), Gengar (major plus), Gliscor (it 2hkos with Stealth Rock, that's damn impressive), Heracross, Lucario (lol), Mamoswine, Roserade, Salamence, Togekiss, Tyranitar, Weavile, Yanmega and Aerodactyl.

excluding some things that are slow and hit harder by x-scissor/iron head (e.g. spiritomb). this is just off of current OU list + aero.
This is going to sound really retarded but can Scizor/Scyther do anything with Techician-boosted Vacuum Wave?
pretty much, no.

Found this on a serebii board, doubt its legit, but...

There are also new move tutors.

http://imepita.jp/20080911/373000
http://imepita.jp/20080911/387040

Dive, Fury Cutter, Icy Wind, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Ominous Wind, Air Cutter
Zen Headbutt, Vacuum Wave, Trick, Knock Off, Sucker Punch

They appear to be bought with shards.

http://imepita.jp/20080911/388950

Doesn't seem right to me. Lack of seed bomb, repetition of several Emerald moves, and being bought with shards when you would think they'd be purchased with BP sounds suspicious.

Oh... the exp bar looks really thin now. I didn't see it at first glance, lol.

So... that thing is just for aesthetics...?

I have a feeling that Seed Bomb is not a tutor move but is rather an egg move for Pachirisu...seeing as how Breloom and the squirrel are in the same egg group

I also have reservations about the Outrage tutor...it seems to me more like legendarypokemon.net still hasn't updated its Giratina move roster with Outrage

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The punches are (possibly) back?

I have a feeling Ursaring is going to be so much better now that CC and Ice Punch aren't illegal anymore. :3 Ditto for other random BLs like Azumarill.
[/randomobservationforsomethingdesiredtouse]

Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Trick, and possibly Zen Headbutt are the only other usable ones, haha. I'm kind of let down if those are the real ones, though. =(

The punches are (possibly) back?

I have a feeling Ursaring is going to be so much better now that CC and Ice Punch aren't illegal anymore. :3
[/randomobservation]

Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Trick, and possibly Zen Headbutt are the only other usable ones, haha. I'm kind of let down if those are the real ones, though. =(
I dunno, if a Poison Pokemon that doesnt have sticky hold gets trick, then we will finally have a use for Black Sludge :)

And on that note, I'm signing off for the night to sleep, will update the front post while I eat breakfast in the morning

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I dunno, if a Poison Pokemon that doesnt have sticky hold gets trick, then we will finally have a use for Black Sludge :)

And on that note, I'm signing off for the night to sleep, will update the front post while I eat breakfast in the morning
Gengar, Gengar... >_>

But what I meant was that I expected more, and better moves. Oh well.

Oh... the exp bar looks really thin now. I didn't see it at first glance, lol.

So... that thing is just for aesthetics...?
It's just the newest version of the little visual aid to help people figure out which window goes with which side of the battle. Last gen it was a dark arrow under the box and in D/P it's a little triangle on the edge of the box. The Platinum version seems to combine the two aesthetics. It's a good change, the D/P triangle gets lost in the background sometimes (not that many people need to see it, but if you're making a visual aid it should be visible!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)