An animated battle for you!

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cartoons, would it be alright with you if I use your Wailord gif as an avatar please? (is it even possible?) It's awesome.

Thanks

edit- checked to see if it works and it does, once I get your OK I'll make it my avy :)

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haha thanks. Wailord's my favorite Pokemon so you can imagine my happiness @ seeing that gif!

I might switch off to the Mew one sometime, that one's pretty cute too. Thanks Cartoons.

Would you mind if I put the Persian in my Trade Thread? I likes it a lot! As in, used it to show which Pokemon was for trade. Just to clear it up xD

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hey dude mind me using one of those for another site? And would you still want me to credit you somehow

Sure, Flurries, though it usually takes me a couple of days to actually getting around to doing them.

So darkie's opened up the spriting thread, which means I can finally post the little pixel projects I've been working on. Although I do have experience spriting, it isn't something I'd done in many years, so it felt good to get back into it. Despite how fun it was though, it's not something I'm planning on focusing on in this thread.

I started with Cyzir's anemoninja

First attempt, so you could spend a while pointing out its various flaws (colors=a trillion).

Got a little more comfortable by the time I got to aragorn's piratesquid. Still needs improvement. There are shiny colours for it you can see in the CAP spriting thread, so git on there and participate.

After I decided to treat myself to spriting my fire deer from CAP3. It still has a home in my heart and I decided to give it some autumny shiny colors.

I'd love to hear from some of the community's more experienced spriters (some of whom who's work provided a learner's manual in creating Pokemon-styled sprites).

Finally, because I'd never uploaded before for some reason...

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That Lanturn one is awesome!

As for the sprite of aragonbird's squidwarrior, imo, the hands and arms look too big and bulky. Maybe make them a bit smaller.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I voted for your design up until the end. :( Nice job on the sprites. The aragornbird sprite looks better than the other one. The pose is good, it definitely displays its part Fighting-type. The other one does as well, but the arm covers up part of its face.

I won't say anything about your first attempt so on to your piratesquid.

The colours in this are heavily desaturated and dull and the highlights are rather over dithered. Some more care needs to be taken to round off lines and shading so that they don't look so jagged. Some people will probably dig the old school feel of it though. Not bad.

As for your fire deer, A++! There really is little you can do to improve this. A fantastic piece of work. The only minor nitpick I can find is to darken the outline of the outermost parts of the flowers on its back so that it doesn't end up blending into certain backgrounds.

I still love your animations Cartoons. No other artist here can boast your sort of talent.

Thanks Wyv! I took your advice and darkened the outline on the back of the deer's flowers for visibility, I'll also work on the squid's colouring and reducing the jaggedy edges and shapes.

I was hoping to get a critique from you, so thank you for taking your time.

I loved you Fire-deer sprite when you originally, and LOVE the autumn colors. They are perfect for a shiny. Very nice. I agree that the flowers on the back of the deer could be more pronounced, but that's about it.

Wow this stuff is amazing! LOL, when I scrolled down quickly, I thought Wailord was getting blasted by a T-bolt. The Ditto is halarious.

posting in epic thread.

i would love to use an icon as well. probably Uxie.
i know you said they're free to use, but i'm still going to ask at any rate :)

Sure thing, go ahead.

Running Snubbul for Flurries.

I recently came across a bunch of animations I'd done a very long time ago. For yuks, here's one of 'em:

Before you all start throwing fruit at me, this was, like, five years ago, and drawn with a mouse no less. So let's all have a Happy New Year and reflect on how far we've come from whenever we thought we were hot shit in the past.

Running Snubbul for Flurries.
I love it, that's exactly what I wanted!
Plus, I have a Basset Hound in real life, and it looks like it while running. :)

Not sure how much you trade for Pokemon, but I'll give you a good amount of credits when my thread opens.

Before you all start throwing fruit at me, this was, like, five years ago, and drawn with a mouse no less. So let's all have a Happy New Year and reflect on how far we've come from whenever we thought we were hot shit in the past.
lol you are waaaaaaaay too modest, that animation is awesome, if anything, a bit short.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)