CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 13 - Complete Movepool Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The list does say that the circumstances of the pokemon give the final determination as to whether a move is competitive or non-competetive. I've interpreted that as meaning that special moves, where they don't hit anything much that allowed moves don't cover, are not competitive. I'm not sure if that's right.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You've just described almost all the things that I Don't want in a movepool. Thunderpunch isn't going to do much to bulky waters without a boost since it's unstabbed and low BP. Needs including. 50% recovery better supports the bulky nature of CAP6 than Close Combat would so it should have 50% recovery but Close Combat should be excluded. Excluding Bulk Up and Curse would Also stop it becoming Revvy lite and be a much better way to do it.
Thunderpunch not being used a pokemon with 110 Base Atk with, on many movepools, Bulk Up? Wigga please. I didn't include Thunderpunch in mine for that express reason. You're living in fantasyland if you think Thunderpunch isn't going to be on every "Choice" set, and a fair few Bulk Up one's. 75 is low BP? Then explain to me why Gyarados uses Ice Fang. 65 BP off 125 Atk is inferior to 75 BP off 110 attack.

Comparatively speaking this is going to be "Cursepert Part Deux," not "Revvy Lite." Rev still has that annoying thing where it unburns and unpoisons itself, and/or wakes up from Rest immediately, in addition to unresisted STAB coverage.

Among other things, I want to encourage Haze more that P-Haze. This makes Water types with Haze very effective checks, since they can get rid of Bulk Ups before they have to take a boosted fighting hit.

Although I am thinking I could the priority moves around and add in Revenge for another STAB. With Water 1/Humanshape with Dewgong it could get Ice Shard and Encore, with Hitmontop it could get Revenge and Mach Punch. Although that would probably put me over the limit, with 4 Competitive Level-ups and 4 Egg Moves. Then again, Punishment is only situationally competitive. As it stands now, excluding Punishment I have 3 competitive Level-up and 4 Competitive Egg moves. Revenge's downside is negative priority, but if you were hit it would have 120 BP and 100 Acc. If you got Burned or something it would still be 60. Considering it has to fight with Brick Break and Cross Chop, I'll lean torwards including it.

I have a few questions regarding the 'competitive move lists' which are all unallowed.

According to it, the moves Snatch, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab etc. are competitive moves. If we go by the rule that 'all competitive moves except those listed are banned', then we'll have 8 or so movepool submissions which are all basically the same except for one or two moves. I'll question the wisdom of labelling a move such as Sludge Bomb 'competitive'. How is it competitive? Certainly a move such as Ice Shard is much better than Sludge Bomb for this Pokemon... but while the former is allowed, the latter is not!

As I always say, common sense should prevail. I should be allowed to include Sludge Bomb in my movepool for Pete's sake. :\
As far as I'm aware, non-listed competitive moves are simply put up to a vote. If people really think Gunk Shot (where I'll run into trouble) is broken on a Water/Fighting Octopus, I suppose it will get removed.

Sludge Bomb is super-effective on Grass types (and not even most of them). So are Ice Punch, Ice Beam, and Blizzard, which also hit several other types (notably the ubiquitous Dragon, Flying, and Ground) harder.

I have a few questions regarding the 'competitive move lists' which are all unallowed.

According to it, the moves Snatch, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, Iron Tail etc. are competitive moves. If we go by the rule that 'all competitive moves except those listed are banned', then we'll have 8 or so movepool submissions which are all basically the same except for one or two moves. I'll question the wisdom of labelling a move such as Sludge Bomb 'competitive'. How is it competitive? Certainly a move such as Ice Shard is much better than Sludge Bomb for this Pokemon... but while the former is allowed, the latter is not!

As I always say, common sense should prevail. I should be allowed to include Sludge Bomb in my movepool for Pete's sake. :\
I'm pretty sure those lists were made for the Attacking/Supporting movepool discussion threads, so that people would have easily available lists to help find moves they might have missed. I'm not gonna lie, Poison type Attacking moves really are not competitive unless they are stabbed. I think competitive moves here just includes the ones in darkies posts

EM If you re-read the Attacking Moves Discussion you'll see a general consensus that this shouldnt get any competitive Dark, Ghost or Bug moves aside from Punishment/Pursuit/Payback (and others that are only borderline competitive) in order to encourage use of Psychic types as counters.

My personal feeling is that Punishment should be the best Dark option so that stat uppers are doubly punished if they say in to try and not lose those 4 Bulk Ups they've just got.

Dark moves are neutral on Rev anyway since Fighting types resist them so please, for the love of Psychics, don't include Night Slash! :-) Zen Headbutt is the best option for Rev.
I wasn't aiming for Night Slash to beat Rev anyways. I just think that CAP6 really won't be overly threatening to Psychics outside of a CB Set since mine lacks a stat up move, and I thought Night Slash fit into the movepool very well.

At least the community is finally learning that CAPs _don't_ need the ability to run sets that work pretty well and beat their supposed counters (Strata). ._. I'm removing Night Slash though. And looking through to see if I included a viable move to beat Rev, though I'm pretty sure with something neutral your trump him anyways.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here's my first prototype:

Level-up moves:

Code:
H. Water Sport
H. Mud Sport
- Bubble
- Yawn
- Wrap
7. Yawn
10. Wrap
16. Arm Thrust
21. Aqua Jet
27. Seismic Toss
32. Mach Punch
36. Bubblebeam
41. Body Slam
47. Aqua Ring
55. Punishment
60. Wring Out
67. Hammer Arm
TM list:

Code:
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM03 - Water Pulse
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Brine
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM63 - Embargo
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM72 - Avalanche
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM07 - Waterfall
Breeding Moves:
Code:
- Constrict
- Foresight
- Haze
- Headbutt
- Mud Slap
- Octazooka
- Reversal
- Scary Face
- Spit Up
- Stockpile
- Swallow
- Supersonic
Move Tutor Moves:
Code:
- Dive
- Ice Punch
- Icy Wind
- Thunderpunch
- Zen Headbutt
- Snore
- Aqua Tail
- Gunk Shot
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Superpower
The only move I'm a bit iffy about is Thunderpunch, which I included. Oh, and I didn't include Ice Shard... though Both Mach Punch and Aqua Jet are there.

X-Act were some of the moves purposely left out such as Close Combat? I know this may seem foolish, but I want to know your reasoning behind some of the moves you decided to not include. Close Combat is probably a bit obvious, but I think your reasoning behind it may prove to be a stronger one than mine. Likewise, I think you're movepool is particularly better than mine, as that was what I had been aiming for (the general layout such as yours). Our movepools share quite a few similarities at the moment, but some differences as well, although both are still in the prototype phase. Mine will be revamped ASAP.

Personally X-Act I say you keep Thunderpunch, get rid of Aqua Tail(flavor issue but whatever), and if possible add an alternative Fighting stab to Hammer Arm or replace it with something else. Those are my main concerns at the moment.

Sikh~ I like you movepool the way it is now. D:

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, Superpower is an alternative Fighting STAB to Hammer Arm and it learns it. But okay I'll give it Cross Chop as an egg move.

I didn't include Close Combat because I don't think it fits the Pokemon much. Also there are various Fighting-types who don't learn it, for example Poliwrath (another Water/Fighting type), Toxicroak and Medicham.

Personally X-Act I say you keep Thunderpunch, get rid of Aqua Tail(flavor issue but whatever), and if possible add an alternative Fighting stab to Hammer Arm or replace it with something else. Those are my main concerns at the moment.

Sikh~ I like you movepool the way it is now. D:
Oh, okay, I thought I made a mistake (highly likely), but if you like it I'll keep it how it is :)

(I took out Aqua Tail because of what you said in the above quote :P)

I didn't include Close Combat because I don't think it fits the Pokemon much. Also there are various Fighting-types who don't learn it, for example Poliwrath (another Water/Fighting type), Toxicroak and Medicham.
In concept or theme wise? In my mind, Close Combat doesn't suit this Pokemon from a concept point of view. The main idea about CAP6 is to be bulky and withstand alot of blows, Close Combat's effect seem counterproductive to me.

Also about Superpower, I never liked Superpower. SP's side effect make me cringe everytime I see it. Hammer Arm is not so bad but the lose in speed make Taunt/Encore use seem like wasted effort. Admittedly the fact it has priority moves to make up for the speed lose seem to make it a moot point.

This movepool is going by Aragonbird's Octopirate. D:

Level Up:
Code:
H: Ice Punch
1: Constrict
1: Water Sport
6: Leer
9: Wrap
12: Bubble Beam
18: Force Palm 
23: Screech
29: Water Pulse
38: Brick Break
44: Bulk Up
48: Hydro Pump
56: Cross Chop
61: Wring Out
Hydro Pump and Cross Chop are really the only thing here that is really amazing. Brick Break, and Bulk Up are TMs, and Ice Punch is an MT. Force Palm and Screech can be useful, but I don't really think that they would be used on anything more than a gimmick. Force Palm might work on a bulky set that wants Par and stuff, since Thunder Wave is absent.

TMs:
Code:
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM03 - Water Pulse
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Brine
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM63 - Embargo
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM70 - Flash
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM72 - Avalanche
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM07 - Waterfall
Basically its basic Fighter's movepool + basic Water's movepool. Other extra moves are, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, and Sludge Bomb, but nothing too game breaking. Shadow Ball, and Dark Pulse go to the evilness (sorta) of a marauding Pirate, and to me he looked sorta Dark-ish. Sludge Bomb works with the Octupus's ink thing. Really they are 99% flavor, but I doubt they will be used much, so if you want me to remove them, just tell me.

Bulk Up is here too, as is Stealth Rocks and Taunt, so it can be a SRing lead if it gets rejected to that position.

Breeding Moves (Water 1/Human Shape):
Code:
Aqua Jet (Dewgong)
Mach Punch (Hitmonchan)
Drill Peck (Empoleon)
Mud Sport (Quagsire)
Amnesia (Quagsire)
Smoke Screen (Kingdra)
Close Combat (Hitmonlee)
Refresh (Milotic)
There are three competetive moves here. Aqua Jet, Mach Punch, and Close Combat. But Aqua Jet and Mach Punch are illegal with each other. Other than that the rest are really bland.

EDIT: Added Drill Peck, which might be competetive. :o

Move Tutors:
Code:
Dive
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Helping Hand
Spite
Super Power
Uproar
Vacuum Wave
Super Power, Ice Punch, and Knock Off are really the only useful things here. Its rather shallow in my opinion.

Use your common sense in most situations, as the other competitive move lists are not end be all.

Night Slash, however, is definitely a competitive move, especially on a Fighting-type, and thus unallowed.

Oh, okay, I thought I made a mistake (highly likely), but if you like it I'll keep it how it is :)

(I took out Aqua Tail because of what you said in the above quote :P)
I just noticed that you did made a few minor mistakes within your movepool. Shadow Claw is still within your TM/HM list. Dark Pulse would probably have to go as well as Iron Tail but for flavor reasons. Aqua Jet isn't in it's Level-up list though you could be referring to Hydro Pump. You could take out Surf from the egg move list since it's a HM and replace with something like Peck. Having Dive, Ice&Thunder Punch within that is iffy to me but they're nothing I can suggest when it comes to replacing them.

X-Act

Second prototype:

Level-up moves:

Code:
H. Water Sport
H. Mud Sport
- Bubble
- Yawn
- Wrap
7. Yawn
10. Wrap
16. Arm Thrust
21. Aqua Jet
27. Seismic Toss
32. Mach Punch
36. Bubblebeam
41. Body Slam
47. Aqua Ring
55. Punishment
60. Wring Out
67. Hammer Arm
TM list:
Code:
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM03 - Water Pulse
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Brine
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM63 - Embargo
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM72 - Avalanche
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM07 - Waterfall
Breeding Moves: (assuming Monster/Water 1):
Code:
- Cross Chop (Psyduck)
- Constrict (Octillery/Omanyte)
- Foresight (Mudkip/Squirtle/Psyduck/Kangashkan/Lapras/Surskit)
- Haze (Wooper/Surskit/Squirtle/Poliwag/Omanyte/Dratini/Remoraid/Mantine/Feebas)
- Mud Slap (Mudkip/Aron/Shellos/Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle/Psyduck/...)
- Octazooka (Remoraid/Horsea)
- Reversal (Kangaskhan/Rhyhorn)
- Scary Face (Charmander/Rhyhorn/Totodile/Larvitar/Masquerain/Huntail/Cranidos/Shieldon/Gible)
- Spit Up (Pelipper/Wooper/Spheal/Shellos)
- Stockpile (Pelipper/Snorlax/Wooper/Spheal/Shellos)
- Swallow (Pelipper/Snorlax/Wooper/Spheal/Shellos)
- Supersonic (Lickitung/Mantine/Wingull/Whismur/Nidoran/Omanyte/Dratini/Marill/Remoraid/...)
Move Tutor Moves:
Code:
- Dive
- Ice Punch
- Icy Wind
- Thunderpunch
- Zen Headbutt
- Snore
- Uproar
- Gunk Shot
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Superpower
I added Cross Chop to the Breeding moves (thanks Psyduck), and removed Headbutt. I also removed Aqua Tail from the Move Tutor moves and removed Iron Tail from the TM list.

I also added the breeding combination of how the breeding moves can be attained, assuming it breeds with Monster and with Water 1.

Is the 31st a good day to end submissions for you movepool makers, or is that not enough time to fine-tune your movepools? I don't mind either way.

okay, i'm supporting EM's movepool because it is the only one without Bulk Up. as a bonus, it only has Aqua Jet and it does have a form of recovery.

This movepool is inspired by EM's as it was previously the only one that did not include Bulk Up/Curse. However it left off a few moves I really wanted.

This is similar but has several notable additions and a few subtractions.

Code:
     [B]Level Up Moves[/B]

H. Aqua Ring
H. Water Sport
H. Mud Sport
5. Leer
8. Wrap
10. Counter
14. [B]Aqua Jet
[/B]18.[B] Mach Punch
[/B]22. Glare
26. Punishment
30. Wake-up Slap
35. Amnesia
41. Mean Look
48. Hydro Pump
[B]52. Cross Chop
[/B]60. Wring Out
Aqua Jet , Mach Punch and Cross Chop as competitive.

Also situationally useful are Aqua Ring, Mud Sport, Glare, Mean Look, Counter and Hydro Pump. I don't count Punishment as competitive as it is only useful against certain movesets (that include stat up moves) instead of always being useful against certain pokemon. Amnesia may seem an odd choice but it is useful for sponging special hits and fits very well with Unaware.

Code:
     [B]TMs[/B]

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM03 - Water Pulse
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM63 - Embargo
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM78 - Captivate
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM07 - Waterfall
Similar to everyone elses. Notably no Bulk Up.

Code:
     [B]Egg moves[/B] (Water 1 Group)

- Yawn: [I](Squirtle, Psyduck, Slowpoke, Wooper, Kingdra, Spheal, Relicanth, Piplup, Bidoof, Shellos)[/I]
- Bubblebeam: ([I]Poliwrath, Azumarill, Politoed, Corsola, Octillery, Mantine, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Surkskit, Crawdaunt, Empoleon, Omastar, Kabutops)
[/I]- Haze [I](Squirtle, Poliwag, Omanyte, Dratini, Wooper, Remoraid, Mantine, Surskit, Feebas)[/I]
- Octazooka: [I](Octillery, Horsea)[/I]
- Smokescreen: [I](Horsea)[/I]
- Pursuit: ([I]Wingull, Floatzel)[/I]
- Acid Armour [I](Manaphy)[/I]
- [B]Slack Off[/B]: [I](Slowpoke)
[/I]- [B]Zen Headbutt[/B]: [I](Slowpoke[/I], [I]Psyduck, Lotad)[/I]
- Spit Up [I](Pelipper, Wooper, Spheal, Shellos)[/I]
- Stockpile [I](Pelipper, Wooper, Spheal, Shellos)[/I]
- Swallow [I](Pelipper, Wooper, Spheal, Shellos)[/I]
The most competitive ones, Slack Off and Zen Headbutt come from the Slowpoke family. Pursuit is possibly competitive too. Acid Armour has the same effect as Iron Defence which is Allowed, so I hope it is also allowed.

Code:
     [B]Move Tutors[/B]

- Dive
- Knock Off
- Fury Cutter
[B]- Ice Punch[/B]
[B]- Thunder Punch[/B]
[B]- Zen Headbutt[/B]
- Gastro Acid
- Gunk Shot
[B]- Superpower[/B]

Summary of Movepool Selling Points
- No Bulk Up/Curse
- Aqua Jet and Mach Punch both allowed
- Cross Chop as main Fighting STAB, Superpower for Choice sets.
- Stone Edge, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch and Zen Headbutt so that this can threaten Waters and Flyings but fails to Psychics. Zen Headbutt is the only decent SE hit on Revenankh so is much needed.
- A 50% recovery move.
- Useful support moves including Yawn, Haze, Acid Armour, Aqua Ring, Glare, Mean Look, Counter and Stockpile

Done first draft. Comments please!

X-Act's movepool is pretty much spot on for me.

Also, DK, Close Combat hits everything except Gyarados harder than ThunderPunch anyway. And Hammer Arm is only 15 BP weaker anyway.

X-Act

I'm really divided on whether to include Bulk Up or a recovery move at this point. I really don't want this Pokemon to have both.

EDIT: I think I solved that problem nicely. :) See post below.

X-Act

Here is my final submission, together with an explanation:

Level-up moves:
Code:
H. Water Sport
H. Mud Sport
- Bubble
- Yawn
- Wrap
7. Yawn
10. Wrap
16. Arm Thrust
[B]21. Aqua Jet[/B]
[B]27. Mach Punch[/B]
32. Bubblebeam
36. Revenge
41. Aqua Ring
47. Body Slam
55. Submission
60. Punishment
67. Wring Out
TM moves:
Code:
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM03 - Water Pulse
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Brine
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM63 - Embargo
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM72 - Avalanche
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM07 - Waterfall
Breeding Moves: (assuming CAP6 breeds with the Water 1 and the Water 3 breeding groups):
Code:
- [B]Bulk Up (Poliwrath/Buizel)[/B]
- Constrict (Tentacool/Omanyte/Octillery/Lileep)
- [B]Cross Chop (Psyduck)[/B]
- Foresight (Mudkip/Squirtle/Psyduck/Lapras/Surskit)
- Haze (Wooper/Surskit/Squirtle/Poliwag/Tentacool/Krabby/Omanyte/Dratini/Remoraid/Mantine/Feebas)
- Headbutt (Slowpoke/Seel/Mantine/Bidoof/Buizel)
- Octazooka (Remoraid/Horsea)
- [B]Recover (Corsola/Milotic/Shellos/Lileep)[/B]
- Scary Face (Totodile/Masquerain/Huntail)
- Spit Up (Pelipper/Lileep/Wooper/Spheal/Shellos)
- Stockpile (Pelipper/Lileep/Wooper/Spheal/Shellos)
- Swallow (Pelipper/Lileep/Wooper/Spheal/Shellos)
Move Tutor Moves:
Code:
- Dive
- Ice Punch
- Icy Wind
- Thunderpunch
- Zen Headbutt
- Snore
- Uproar
- Gunk Shot
- Iron Head
- Mud-slap
- Superpower
Now for an explanation of the above, as this movepool is a little bit weird. :)

First, the level-up moves... they lack a consistent, powerful Fighting move. This is done on purpose, as shall be seen later.

The TM list lacks Bulk Up... but it is included in the breeding moves list! (Ninetales also has this anomaly... it learns Energy Ball via breeding but not via TM.) The reason why I did this is the following.

The Egg moves list has three moves that are obviously competitive: Bulk Up, Cross Chop and Recover. However, each of these breeding moves are exclusive, since they don't share any bred Pokemon whatsoever. So, if you want a consistent and powerful Fighting move in Cross Chop, you'll need to say goodbye both to Bulk Up and to Recover. If you want to use Bulk Up, you'll need to forfeit your recovery move and a powerful consistent Fighting move. And if you want to heal yourself, you cannot hit using Cross Chop and you cannot raise your Attack.

This allows me to insert Aqua Jet, Mach Punch, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Earthquake and Stone Edge in the movepool. You cannot abuse them as much as you want, since you can only choose one out of Cross Chop, Bulk Up and Recover.

I like X-Act's breeding trickery. I could do without Mach Punch, but I suppose it needs a useful Fighting move besides Brick Break for those who don't choose Cross Chop. I really like the way X-Act handled this, we really haven't made Egg Moves this useful since Syclant.

Personally, I liked your second draft better than the final one, X-Act. While it's clever to split Cross Chop, Bulk Up, and Recover into three separate groups I find it to be completely unnecessary and kinda BS to me. You said you didn't want Bulk Up and Recover to be within the same set, well why couldn't you just not add Recover and/or Bulk Up into it's movepool and be done with it? Would have been more simpler and cost effective in my eyes.

I really like your third one X-Act because it includes recover which many don't but i find that Cross Chop is illegal with Bulk up and Recover unneeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)