CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
<_<;
>_>;
I promise to update it soon. HONEST!
;_;

EDIT: And here it is, I guess:

I made this a few days ago on #warau, but this is a character I made up way back when. This was where my username came from. His name is kind of lame, in retrospect.

Cyzir Visheen = Psy Seer Vision.

I admit, his design isn't very good, but I've grown to be like his name, as well as his design. I might color this eventually.

And here's some CaP stuff:
My official submission for CaP 6, the sea anemone:

And here's the other submission I developed during the process, the mantis shrimp

In the end, Aragornbird's design, one of the other favorites of mine in the Art Submission thread, won it. And even though I was disappointed with losing, especially putting as much effort into it as Syclant, I was not disappointed with the end result.

Please take your time to look at the supporting material of my final submission to see how much LOVE I put into it
I might also end up coloring the anemone uppercutting Syclant.

Also, Dark/Steel Jumpluff from the What would [pokemon] look like if it were a different type Thread (I really need to submit something new for that...)

Finally, just because I can, KATE.

AND THAT'S IT FOR TODAY'S POST. I should add a new art post in less than a couple months this time.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
Heh, thanks guys. I appreciate any comments in this thread.

Oh look, an update in less than a month. AMAZING!
Okay, first one is just another "What if" Pokemon. Dragon/Fire Scizor baby!

Normally I post the WIPWAT stuff as links, but this is a small update, so I'm using this to flesh it out a bit more.

Now for my second pic. Normally I design fakemon during the CaP period only, as I can't come up with any good design ideas without a solid foundation. However, this idea was stuck in my head so much that I just had to draw it. That, and the odds of CaP making a Bug/Flying type are close to nil >_>
Meet the Fruit Fly!

Yeah... I have no idea what to name it. Any suggestions?
Finally, I finally got to paintchat with Tangerine. Click here to see the pic

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CyzirVisheen, do you mind if I make your Joker Wobbuffet picture into an avatar? Its awesome! (Of course, I would give you credit right below the avatar)

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
CyzirVisheen, do you mind if I make your Joker Wobbuffet picture into an avatar? Its awesome! (Of course, I would give you credit right below the avatar)
By all means, feel free to.
XD The fruit fly is super cute. I <3 it.

I dunno... Leaflet?
I like it. Leaflet it is!
That Ice diglett is hilarious, and amazing.

Flying bug missile ftw.
Thanks. Delicious, isn't it?

Okay, first thing, a whole lot of WIPWAT links:
Water/Dark Ampharos
Steel/Psychic Staryu
Ghost/Fire Togekiss

Okay, now for an update with pokemon that actually exist. I accepted a request from Stellar recently to draw his team for his RMT. But I've been in a creative rut as of late, so I decided to use this request as a way to practice other techniques.

This is the style I'm most accustomed to. All brush with 100% opacity, with liberal rubbing and exploitation of the gradient tool when needed. This came out decently, but not satisfyingly enough.

This is an experimental technique i tried out. All color, no black lines or anything. This experiment was a failure though, in my opinion. No matter how I look at it, it looks absolutely silly. Might just be the technique though.

I kind of like the idea of this technique, but the execution was pretty lackluster. Basically, the lines are colored darker than the main object's color, instead of solid black. It came out decently on another pic I did (which will be shown later), but this one was pretty blah. Also I still hate doing quadrupeds. -_-

This techique was a bit silly and simple, but surprisingly very satisfying. Basically, I used a large brush size, and instead of coloring it fully, I used a scribble. It's quick and easy, but I like how cute it turned out ^_^. Did this technique on another image (which also will be shown later), but this one definitely came out better.

This one was done almost exactly the same as the Mamoswine with one key difference: I used opacity pressure on my tablet, which affects the color's opacity whenever I press harder or softer. This came out real nice, and I might experiment with this in the future. Also, I made the Kingdra badass looking just for kicks.

This was the last, and imo the most interesting one. I basically did this mspaint style, and it quite honestly came out far better than I expected. I had a bit of difficulty adjusting to the pixel's inaccuracy at the beginning, but I quickly adjusted to it.

Finally, I'd like to formally introduce a little section for this thread, which will be called:

CYZIR'S REALLY SIMPLE SKETCHES

Frankly, I take far too long drawing (Ghost/Fire Togekiss took 2 hours), and I need to practice drawing a bit quicker. All images part of this section will be done in no longer than five minutes. Actual quality varies >_>

Garchomp, 3 minutes

Drifloon, 4 minutes

Duskull, 2 minutes

Blargh, BIG update. Hope this post doesn't kill anybody's bandwidth ;_;

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
Man Cyzir, that's a sweet mamo :D
Heh, thanks Atyroki.

Hey, Cyzir, I'm a big fan of your art!

Do you mind if I use your CB Scizor artwork as an avatar? I'll give you credit and everything!
I would've said yes, but you already used it and switched to another one, lol. I can be such a slowpoke sometimes -_-

Anyways, small update time.

Stage 1

Final Stage

This is a Dark/Psychic fakemon and it's evolution (I've been on fire creatively as of late). They're basically evil cloaks, and I designed the evo in particular to resemble a mage's cloak. Again, some name advice would be helpful.

And here's a really simple sketch I did, though this one is very small.

Generic Evil-looking Male, 5 minutes

Small note regarding CaP 7. I will not be posting any of my concepts or designs in this thread until I have selected and submitted my final design.

Hmm... I think that's a really interesting I think it's a bit of a dissonant contrast that there's no 'form' to their bodies, but they have apparently solid faces. It suggests the ghost-type more than the dark-type, really. The design itself is really cool though, even if it doesn't seem to fit the typing.

I dont know. Maybe it's just me, but they apear to be more of a ghost/psychic pokemon than ghost/dark to me. Nevertheless, very nice concepts.

What does that have to do with it feeling more like a psychic/ghost type to me? To me it feels that way mostly because of the colors and the markings on it.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
Heh, I must admit I was surprised when I came back from work to this. I agree, it does seem like a Ghost/Psychic and Ghost/Dark rather than Dark/Psychic, but the reason I thought it fit Dark/Psychic more than the other two was because the cloakmon were "Occult Magic" themed. Psychic is the closest type to magic in the Pokemon world, I believe, with various mystical attacks such as Gravity, (lol) Magic Coat and Trick Room, and certain pokemon such as Mr. Mime, Unown and Cresselia. In fact, the only reason it can move its limbs is because of its 'magic' power.

The Dark typing seems shoehorned in with the "Occult Magic" theme though, but to me it made more sense than Ghost did, even going with the whole 'not having a 'form'' point that Starkclamp mentioned. Dark types have evil, ominous looking designs, while Ghost types have ghostly, formless designs most of the time. Cloakmon's design encompasses both, but it apparently looks prominently the latter even though I tried to make the former look more so.

Hmm, maybe a different colored face or cloak and an overall darker color scheme would make it look like a Dark type. After all, Darkrai walks the line of typical Dark and Ghost designs, but its color scheme definently suggests it being a Dark type.

5 words: i love you.

I love your style (i mean, you HAVE style)
It isnt like a plain design, it have personality, its vivid

Mamo, jolteon and metagross are just too cool. please remove them from your art thread unless you want to see other designers crying

This one was done almost exactly the same as the Mamoswine with one key difference: I used opacity pressure on my tablet, which affects the color's opacity whenever I press harder or softer. This came out real nice, and I might experiment with this in the future. Also, I made the Kingdra badass looking just for kicks.
How do you set the tablet to do that? I have a WACOM BAMBOO FUN tablet and I can't seem to figure it out. I'm assuming that you use photoshop. (I have elements 6.0) Could I get you to either post here or PM me about how to do this, because I think such an option would be pretty useful.

EDIT: Thanks Xcellcior.

How do you set the tablet to do that? I have a WACOM BAMBOO FUN tablet and I can't seem to figure it out. I'm assuming that you use photoshop. (I have elements 6.0) Could I get you to either post here or PM me about how to do this, because I think such an option would be pretty useful.
I wouldn't mind getting the exact same info as tennis, I have a BambooFun tablet as well, and element 5.0. So please PM me if you dont mind!

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really the simplicity of the Duskull from a few posts back. It's really cool looking. You have an amazing style Cyzir, I'm a big fan :)

Cyzir, you are an awesome artist. I love the style, I love your creative designs and originality. By the way, those extra quick sketches are epic. O_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)