Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I can't ask what people think are threats to a team in case I missed out any? I had already done over 200 battles by the time I asked it here, aware of the threats you mentioned. However, I hadn't spent forever going through every pokemon in the tower thinking about what combination can defeat me. So I thought it was very possible I had overlooked something. Assuming that I couldn't have possibly noticed that Mold Breaker is trouble for Shedinja is pretty arrogant from your part. You know a lot about this game because you play much more than most of us, but it doesn't make you omniscient and certainly doesn't give you the right to insult people...
the fact you never once mentioned mold breaker as a threat to your team even when questioned is one thing. the fact that you just said "I actually planned to continue this streak until I encountered a Pinsir" lead is another altogether, especially because what you meant is that you realized this without actually encountering it. if you knew lead mold breaker pinsir was a huge threat to your team well before i posted, why would you keep playing? you say you planned to continue your streak until you realized this, so you either knew this all along, actually kept playing, and stopped because you somehow rationally finally came to terms with the #1 threat to you team, or you didn't realize it and you're being dishonest with us again

and if mold breaker pinsir really is the "only threat to your team", then im either some kind of omniscient genius who thought of it in like a minute or you are exaggerating at how invincible your team is after just 250-300 real battles (1-49 don't really say anything if you used it to play those battles). peterko didnt face any yanmega leads in more than double the battles you claim to have played with your team and did not know how much of a threat it was until i pointed it out, so what makes you so much of a theorymon expert that you 100% know that mold breaker pinsir is the only threat to your team?

and yes i'm not hiding it, you're not one of my favorite people and i can say the same for a lot of other people who follow this thread after the shit you pulled trying to pass off emulator play as a record

1) Yanmega would, of course, still be faster than Scizor and be able to select Air Slash which can CH or flinch. Is that really the best I can do?
2) Right now, this problem doesn't even exist for me, but it would if I changed single-attack Life Orb Scizor for two-attack Scizor without Life Orb, as most people here, including you, prefer. With only one Swords Dance, Life Orb would be required for the OHKO, with Metal Coat it would not safely OHKO and without a boosting item, Yanmega couldn't be OHKOed without a CH. So how exactly would you deal with it? Try to SD twice or Bullet Punch twice?
1) yes, that's the best you can do unless you decide to go with yawn on uxie over safeguard which i still recommend since the only thing safeguard is helping your team with can be addressed with rest on latios, where yawn is more helpful to your team than any advantage recover has over rest (minimal imo)

2) so with yawn, you will be better able to SD twice against yanmega and put yourself in a position to win the battle. i personally just SD once and kill it even if yanmega is at -3 accuracy or worse because yanmega sucks.

AS = Aura Sphere? How does that beat Salamence?
roost

And just out of curiosity, Metagross would be packing Trick, Flash, Reflect and Light Screen or would you use it with some means of attacking?
i put eq on mine to deal with curse steelix, curse registeel and magnezone in general (magnet pull). and it was trick, flash and light screen over roar because i had salamence to intimidate anything i wanted to (and set up easily on an eq-locked enemy metagross). you might decide you need reflect instead of LS but it depends on your other two pokes

Right, I overlooked Starmie somehow. Lucario would be the more likely choice then, because I don't like how Registeel cries out loud for crits.
if you do you'd want a ground resist/immunity, somehow salamence springs to mind but that misses electric and if you went lati@s then luke would have to carry you a lot

74 streak on Platinum Battle tower single
Uxie, Scizor, Garchomp
Strategy is pretty basic. trick lead with 2 sweepers
Lost to hax, I have the vs recorder video and damage calculator to prove it

1- Uxie
Nickname: D.M.C.
careful nature
Ev's: 252/0/252/0/6/0
IV's: 10/25/12/4/2/31
lv 50 stats: 171/92/172/73/149/115
Choice scarf
Moves:
trick
stealth rock
thunder wave
memento

Okay so heres the story behind my Uxie. I was having a really tough time with my old battle tower team of Weavile, Vaporeon and Garchomp, I always got stuck somewhere in the 40's and was never able to beat the second tower tycoon. I looked up some strategies and found out about the whole scarf/trick lead, but at the time, my only poke with trick was rotom, but that team didn't work out too well either. i had uxie in my pc with a support set on it: stealth rock, u-turn, yawn and protect. I spent a few days leveling up to get memento, another day digging for shards so i could tutor for trick, and then i had to save up some bp for thunder wave, but damn it was worth it. Uxie is awesome as a trick lead. I occasionally have problems against porygon-Z signal beaming it to death before i can even get off the stealth rock, but other than that, its really consistent at tricking and getting stealth rock set up. memento is a nice added touch, makes it a bit easier for scizor to set up but its not absolutely necessary for the win. more than half the time I don't even get a chance to use it before uxie dies. i might be able to go without thunder wave entirely, the paralysis doesn't seem to help much for me which I will explain later

2- Scizor
Nickname: Jamiroquai
Adamant nature
ev's: 200/252/10/0/48/0
iv's: 29/20/9/9/4/29
lv 50 stats: 169/193/110/57/93/84
lum berry
moves:
bullet punch
brick break
roost
swords dance

scizor is amazing, and pretty simple to set up as long as the opposing poke is tricked, and its almost a guaranteed sweep if uxie gets a stealth rock up as well. the 74 streak is actually my second attempt with this team. originally, i used iron plate on scizor, and the only change i made for the second run was to give scizor a lum berry instead. i kept running into the problem of being confused by signal beam. toxic/thunder wave do absolutely nothing to this team, uxie shrugs them off and just continues to set up, it just changes which sweeper i use. confuse ray/swagger can be easily pp stalled by constant switching. will-o-wisp is a bit of a pain, but it hasn't caused me any losses yet. basically the problem i had (this happened 3 times on my first run through) was that i would get scizor up to 2 swords dances, when all of a sudden porygon-z's signal beam critted and confused him simultaneously. I was in a tough spot. i didn't have enough hp to survive another hit, uxie died before getting stealth rock, memento, or thunder wave set up so scizor was slower and couldn't roost his way out of it either. my only option was to attempt a sweep while confused with 2 swords dances, and without stealth rock support. needless to say, i lucked my way out of it twice, but the third time, porygon ended my streak at 43.

the second run through went much smoother. with the lum berry, i never had that situation happen to me again. scizor freely sweeped without worrying about any status. the 20% damage loss from iron plate hurt a little, there are now a few pokemon who can survive a 3 swords dance bullet punch (feraligator is the only one i remember) but the ones that survived haven't been able to one shot scizor, so i have no complaints

3- Garchomp
Nickname: Autopilot
Jolly nature
ev's:6/252/0/0/0/252
iv's: 30/21/15/31/6/31
Lv 50 stats: 183/177/107/90/93/169
focus sash
moves:
Outrage
Earthquake
fire fang
swords dance

rounding out the team nicely is garchomp. after uxie sets up, I almost always switch to scizor, but if the opponent is stuck on an electric move, the better switch is always garchomp. garchomp is fairly bulky even without any ev's invested in def or hp. she is extremely fast, and is capable of one shotting 90% of pokemon after only 1 swords dance

as far as strategy, she fits into this team perfectly. 3 swords dance bullet punch can kill everything except a few bulky steel/electric/fire/water pokemon. in the case of steel or water, i can usually get a kill with brick break as long as it's normal damage, but for fire/electric, garchomp steps in and just kills.

Okay here's the breakdown of the battle that I lost
opponent send out machamp
uxie goes first and tricks the opponent into using cross chop
uxie then sets up stealth rock, thunder wave, and memento in that order

scizor steps in and swords dances, machamp uses cross chop and deals 92 damage, leaving scizor with 77 hp. this was normal damage, not a critical hit.
this is the part that gets me pissed off right here. i checked on a stat calculator, and the maximum attack that machamp can have at lv 50 is 200. i did a damage calculator for a 200 atk pokemon using stab cross chop with -2 atk from memento compared to scizor's defence, the damage should have been somewhere between 54-63, not 92.

whatever, the game cheats, everyone knows that anyway. i could have tried out roost to see if it was a 1 time glitch or this machamp was just ungodly strong, but i didn't want to risk a crit, so i figured the best option would be to just bullet punch with only 1 swords dance and let garchomp do his thing. machamp was left with about 1/4 of his health.

garchomp does earthquake to kill off machamp. i didnt want to swords dance and let my sash get broken without at least seeing the next pokemon.

the opponent sends in gallade. i know its slower that garchomp, so I swords dance, gallade uses ice punch but garchomp hangs on with its focus sash.

garchomp uses outrage which one shots gallade

opponent sends in probopass, outrage is not very effective and leaves the opponent with 1/4 health, probopass kills garchomp with ancient power

In retrospect, I should have used earthquake against gallade, it would very likely have been a one shot, and i wouldn't have been locked into outrage against a steel type. I still blame the loss on the hax machamp. it got me extremely frustrated and i made such a simple mistake because of it. I could have set up and swept all 3 with scizor if machamp did 56-63 damage like he was supposed to, but that still doesn't excuse the mistake i made with garchomp. I feel really confident about this team though, and will attempt for my 100 streak again someday.

Finally, I have no clue how to upload my vs recorder video to youtube or anything. if someone could help me out with that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

I don't want to interrupt your excessive theorymoning here and I am way too tired to theorymon about my team here now, just posting to say that I achieved a streak of 161 wins in Platinum's Single Battle Tower.

Clickable thumbnail to photograph:

For the first eight runs (up to #42) I used a choice-based team. It worked out well, especially with Yanmega's killing everything in the first 21 battles. No Guard Machamp was there to remove occasional Double Team annoyances.

Yanmega (M) @ Choice Specs ** TintedLove
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Ancientpower
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Band ** Schuerer
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Outrage

Machamp (M) @ Choice Scarf ** ERECTION
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Thunderpunch

After #42, I switched to a Trick-based team which has proven its usefulness to many players active in right this topic here. Nothing much left to say except I copied the EV spreads for Latias from Peterko's LILY and the one for Scizor from McGraw's Scizor. Mad props to you two, I wouldn't have thought on more elaborate spreads due to me being lazy...

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf ** ORGAZMA
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 156 Def / 108 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Charm
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb ** SICKZOR
Trait: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 4 Spd / 60 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Substitute
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Garchomp (M) @ Lum Berry ** Schuerer
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
Long story short, as you can see, this gets horribly screwed by leading Sticky Hold Gastrodon. In battle #162, I saw it and knew I was facing defeat now. I charmed it for no good (I didn't check the database but it doesn't matter), then switched to Scizor to absorb the Ice Beam, then back to Latias to absorb the Surf but I knew it was pointless. I had my Latias killed by another Ice Beam and sent out Garchomp, Substituting down and hoping some stupid luck for me happens, pointlessly of course. I outraged him for 3/4 damage. Enter Scizor which subs down, again hoping for something stupid. He surfs, my Substitute is gone and I finally decided to SD (should have done that instantly). He gets a Surf crit on Scizor and the game is over.

opponent send out machamp
uxie then sets up stealth rock, thunder wave, and memento in that order

scizor steps in and swords dances, machamp uses cross chop and deals 92 damage, leaving scizor with 77 hp. this was normal damage, not a critical hit.
this is the part that gets me pissed off right here. i checked on a stat calculator, and the maximum attack that machamp can have at lv 50 is 200. i did a damage calculator for a 200 atk pokemon using stab cross chop with -2 atk from memento compared to scizor's defence, the damage should have been somewhere between 54-63, not 92.
The Machamp has Guts. You paralyzed him. According to my calc, guts boosted -2 STAB Cross Chop damage should be 78 - 93 on your Scizor, so 92 is near max, but not "cheating."

the fact you never once mentioned mold breaker as a threat to your team even when questioned is one thing. the fact that you just said "I actually planned to continue this streak until I encountered a Pinsir" lead is another altogether, especially because what you meant is that you realized this without actually encountering it. if you knew lead mold breaker pinsir was a huge threat to your team well before i posted, why would you keep playing? you say you planned to continue your streak until you realized this, so you either knew this all along, actually kept playing, and stopped because you somehow rationally finally came to terms with the #1 threat to you team, or you didn't realize it and you're being dishonest with us again

and if mold breaker pinsir really is the "only threat to your team", then im either some kind of omniscient genius who thought of it in like a minute or you are exaggerating at how invincible your team is after just 250-300 real battles (1-49 don't really say anything if you used it to play those battles). peterko didnt face any yanmega leads in more than double the battles you claim to have played with your team and did not know how much of a threat it was until i pointed it out, so what makes you so much of a theorymon expert that you 100% know that mold breaker pinsir is the only threat to your team?

and yes i'm not hiding it, you're not one of my favorite people and i can say the same for a lot of other people who follow this thread after the shit you pulled trying to pass off emulator play as a record
I'm not going to spend much time arguing because its fairly pointless but I really need to clear some things up here. First of all nobody ever asked about the threats of that team anyway and I did not want to spam the whole page with a long and boring list that nobody cares about anyway... Everyone here could have thought of Mold Breaker had they made an effort, all I was saying is you were arrogant for assuming otherwise. What makes you think I didn't know until you said it? Besides, I never claimed to be an expert never said its the 100% only threat, stop twisting my words. I asked exactly because I did think it was possible I missed something.

Before I started on my Uxie team I had never used a Trick team and was really worried about getting raped by any OHKO-Explosion trainer because Explosion might kill my Uxie. But this doesn't happen and is also why I prefer to actually fight certain battles before giving up as the AI might not always be perfect... Just because you would discard a team on the basis of one theoretical threat does not mean everyone else would. But even apart from that, I found this a fun team to play with and wanted to try it out (no I didn't use it for the 0-49). Its pretty much the same as saying any team that can't take on OHKO moves shouldnt be used because QC-OHKO will killl you anyway... I just wanted to find a Pinsir and play it out. Is it so hard to grasp that some people prefer to play the game instead of thinking about it for hours on end? For me this is and always will be a game, which I play while I'm watching tv or relaxing in some other way.

As for the emulator record, it doesn't say anywhere that this is not allowed. Hacked records for me implies edited stats, movesets and things that can't be acquired legally in the game. I didn't think playing the exact same game on my computer would affect anything. Why do you think so many people asked after my record was removed... Just don't try to make it look like I tried to cheat anyone in this because when I was asked I did confirm it, which you know perfectly well. Do you really think anyone would be so sad as to play so many battles just to pass off a fake record? Do you really think anybody has any satisfaction from that? Grow up...

I won't be back so you don't need to waste your time conconcting a response.

The Machamp has Guts. You paralyzed him. According to my calc, guts boosted -2 STAB Cross Chop damage should be 78 - 93 on your Scizor, so 92 is near max, but not "cheating."

Damn, forgot about guts, i thought he had no guard. It should have been a dead giveaway too because machamp missed against uxie which you will see in the video. Also, thanks to Llewellyn for telling me how to upload my video.

if anyone would care to watch the fight, here it is
video no. 52-66456-32407

I lost in PBT-platinum at battle #90... :(

That’s it... i just lost at battle #90 in Platinum Battle Tower... I made a mistake and payed hard for it... but feel free to let me know what you think... my team is as follows :

Gengar@focus sash
Timid
Xx/xx/xx/31/xx/31
0/0/0/252/4/252
Destiny bond
Shadow ball
Thunderbolt
Energy ball

Garchomp@lum berry
Jolly
13/31/31/xx/31/31
4/252/4/0/4/244
Outrage
Earthquake
Swords dance
Aerial ace

Slaking@choice band
Adamant
21/31/27/xx/31/31
0/252/0/0/100/156
Double edge
Earthquake
Fire punch
Brick break

I made some little changes respect the standard pokemon i see in PBT...I went with energy ball for gengar, to use against pokemon such as ryhperior,lapras,gastrodom, that are 4x weak... i met some of them, and i blasted them off.....
Chomp has 8 EV in speed less then standard, becouse there is just one pokemon in all PBT that would have the same speed of my chomp with 252ev in speed (the jolly garchomp..) so, i gave up trying to compete 50% with him, and i used the 8 ev to have 1 stat point more in def/sp.def.
I gave slaking enough ev in speed to get to 140 and outspeed the block of pokemon with 139 speed. My slaking config always did its main job : switch in, take the hit, destroy the foe, and survive...the only exception being a switch in (take 1 hit), take a 2nd hit if the foe is faster, and taking a 3rd hit due to recoil damage if i was forced to use it... but it happened just once, and without consequences...

So, battle #90 went as follows (dragon teamer trainer):
- Altaria shows in. Gengar can’t 2HKO it, so slaking switches in, takes the hit, double edge, altaria faints, slaking survives.... business as usual.
Usually, at this point, if the 2nd pokemon can be 2HKO by gengar, i let slaking faint, gengar comes in, 2HKO the 2nd, and destiny bond the 3rd, letting Chomp sleep comfortably..
- but then, another pokemon shows up (i forgot who it was, but it was a dragon, slower then gengar and garchomp), still another one that Gengar could’t 2HKO... my options were :
1) switch gengar in, took the hit and survive with focus sash, and destiny bond it.....and remain with full chomp and low-ps slaking
2) let slaking die, send in chomp, outrage the 2nd pkm, and remain with full chomp & full gengar

the 2), altough seemed best, would have me left with a threat that the 3rd pokemon be a fast one, who would have killed my chomp, and that gengar couldn't kill..

so i went for the 1st, without taking into account the fact that this, too, had the same problem... but without the support of at least 1 hit by gengar
so i called back slaking, sent gengar in, took the hit, destiny bond, and send slaking back... guess who showed up as last pkm ? garchomp..

i knew that i had a little more then 50% chance to win, becouse, among the 4 chomps, i win for sure with the slower 2, lose for sure with the jolly, and win 25% (if dragon rush fails with slaking or my chomp) with the focus sashed one...

so i try double-edge, but I receive a dragon rush that obviously kills slaking... (note that, with some luck, it would have missed, and slaking would have destroyed it...)...that also meant that it was the focus sashed garchomp version...

last hope was a miss after i left him with 1 ps with my chomp outrage.... but it hit.....

thinking back to the battle, i would have wun if i had gone for the 2) option, becouse, after foe garchomp is left with 1 ps and killed my chomp, gengar would have finished it...
i couldn't have wun, in any case, if the jolly chomp had shown up..

so what next ?
after all, with this team, i had been in bad situations only a few times in the 40 battles from 50 to 90... and in a desperate situation just one (this one i will tell : both at the last pokemon, i had gengar at full, the enemy milotic at full... i needed a CH at first or second hit, otherwise game over... so i hit the TB button, and was already thinking to the future... but the miracle happended, and a one with even less chance of a CH : milotic was paralyzed, and couldn't move. i finished with the other 2 hits (it moved in the other two, but who cares ?)

otherwise, i could make some minor adjustements, here are the options i'm thinking of :
A Leading chomp, with focus sash rather then lum berry. Latios in place of gengar, with a similar config :
- timid
- sould dew
- psychic/ice beam / thunderbold / energy Ball (surf) - surf is stronger then energy ball, but leaves in the dust when facing the bulky, ice beamed ground/water pkms
the problem is how to get such a latios... i have access to a ruby/sapphire save game, with access to southern island, and a masterball.. but does the synchronize trick
works here (i have a timid abra)... otherwise, it would take eons ot tries before getting a timid, reasonable iv-ed latios....

i am satisfied of slaking the way it is....

another alternative that i like is a leading ninjask, with focus sash, that swords dance the 1st, and baton passes to my chomp with lum berry..slaking always there...

i don't like the idea to switch to a trick team.. i understand that it requires more skill to use, but i just don't like it, let alone the time to
breed a new team (i don't cheat)
i await your comments.... regards,
Fab

I'm currently on a streak of 42 in the Platinum Battle Tower and would like some advice before I proceed (such as notable threats). I made a bulky post in the RMT forum, but it hasn't received any replies.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61807

Just a few quick questions:
- Unlike the Battle Hall, are we allowed to change Pokemon during a streak?
- Say you've got a TrickScarf lead. You Trick the Scarf to the opponent and they become locked in Thunder Wave. Do they ever switch out, or keep using Thunder Wave?

@fabsmg58: Soul Dew has no effect in Battle Frontier facilities, so you should use something else on Latios. I'm not sure if having two dragons is such a good idea though. You might be better off with a steel type for better weakness coverage.

@Okayadokari: I used a fairly similar team to yours before (exact nature/moveset for Starmie and Heatran, actually), and even before looking at how you lost, I was thinking that Electrics and Water/Ground types will give you quite a bit of trouble (since those were my biggest threats in my previous team too). Ludicolo is along the similar line too (being one of few water types that nearly always wins against Starmie), though I would have thought that Scizor could have handled it.

I'm thinking that it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace one of your steels with a grass type which resists Electric, Water, and Ground. BUT, I've tried this before too with a Spore-Sub-Seed-Punch Breloom, and getting T-waved on the switch in to an electric type really sucks. People generally use ground types (i.e. Garchomp) for covering electrics. For Electrics, You will need something that can reliably beat:
477 | Electivire | Jolly | Scope Lens | ThunderPunch | Cross Chop | Thunder Wave | Screech | Atk/Spe
885 | Electivire | Adamant | Shuca Berry | ThunderPunch | Fire Punch | Ice Punch | Earthquake | Atk/Spe
(especially the 2nd one, which currently OHKOs all your pokemon and Starmie is the only one in your team that outspeeds, but it doesn't OHKO Electivire)

You also do not have any earthquake-resists, but I think that's ok with Starmie being faster and can probably OHKO most ground types... other than water/grounds.

I was thinking about not mentioning this, but I changed my mind. I upped my Platinum Single Battle Tower streak a bit, to 76 (up from 75). Team is as follows:

Zapdos / Timid / Leftovers - Thunderbolt / Substitute / Toxic / Roost
Empoleon / Modest / Lum (or Shuca) - Agility / Surf / Ice Beam / Grass Knot
Flygon / Adamant / Choice Scarf - Earthquake / Outrage / U-Turn / Fire Punch

Zapdos + Empoleon have nearly perfect weakness coverage except for Electric, which is why Flygon's there, and Empoleon resists all of Flygon's weaknesses. So, if at all possible, I try to keep Empoleon alive. Flygon is the most "useless" out of the 3, since his only job is there to come in on electric types and then get a kill with EQ. Sometimes Zapdos would Toxic something and I just switch between Empoleon and Zapdos/Flygon for stalling (another use of Flygon's resistances), but most of the time Zapdos stalls fine by itself with Sub-Roost.

How I lost: very stupidly. I just didn't know what I was thinking. I lost to a team of Latios / Entei (or maybe it was Heatran or Moltres) / Latias. I saw Latios and I decided to Toxi-stall with Zapdos. Toxic misses, Latios T-waves. Then for some stupid reason I decided to switch Flygon in... ... and of course Latios OHKOs Flygon with Dragon Pulse. Latios got a Calm Mind up while Zapdos Toxics and then dies after two turns.

It was pretty much over already if Empoleon gets T-waved, oh, and it did, but then it had a Lum Berry which I totally forgot about (I've been switching between Shuca and Lum), so I used Agility and then Ice Beam doesn't KO, but next turn Latios used Psychic (instead of Twave), and Ice Beam KOs. A fire legend (I think it was Entei) came out and Empoleon OHKOs with Surf, but Latias KOs Empoleon as Empoleon was already low in health from Latios's attacks while Empoleon's Ice Beam does less than 50%.

So, since that was pretty stupid on my part (Flygon would have been very useful in this battle but I just switched it in to die), I'll try again with this team.

@chinese : thanks for your kinf replay.. i'm wondering how came that i didn't know about soul dew.... are there other items that have no effect in the battle facilities ?

@Okayadokari: I used a fairly similar team to yours before (exact nature/moveset for Starmie and Heatran, actually), and even before looking at how you lost, I was thinking that Electrics and Water/Ground types will give you quite a bit of trouble (since those were my biggest threats in my previous team too). Ludicolo is along the similar line too (being one of few water types that nearly always wins against Starmie), though I would have thought that Scizor could have handled it.

I'm thinking that it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace one of your steels with a grass type which resists Electric, Water, and Ground. BUT, I've tried this before too with a Spore-Sub-Seed-Punch Breloom, and getting T-waved on the switch in to an electric type really sucks. People generally use ground types (i.e. Garchomp) for covering electrics. For Electrics, You will need something that can reliably beat:
477 | Electivire | Jolly | Scope Lens | ThunderPunch | Cross Chop | Thunder Wave | Screech | Atk/Spe
885 | Electivire | Adamant | Shuca Berry | ThunderPunch | Fire Punch | Ice Punch | Earthquake | Atk/Spe
(especially the 2nd one, which currently OHKOs all your pokemon and Starmie is the only one in your team that outspeeds, but it doesn't OHKO Electivire)

You also do not have any earthquake-resists, but I think that's ok with Starmie being faster and can probably OHKO most ground types... other than water/grounds.
What if I replaced Starmie's Psychic with Grass Knot to eliminate Swampert & friends and replaced Heatran with a Ground type such as Garchomp? I was also thinking of a Ground type with Levitate (Flygon or Claydol) so that Ground attacks have no effect. However, Garchomp and Flygon get hit hard by Ice Punch/Beam, while Claydol has an appalling six weaknesses. I like Claydol, but besides the Electric immunity, it just adds more to Starmie's weaknesses.

Say I ignored the immunity to Ground and went with a Garchomp like this:

Sand Veil | Jolly | Leftovers
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
~ Substitute
~ Swords Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake

Would Garchomp have difficulty setting up without the help of a Trick lead?

You should take a look in the first page of this thread and click on some of the links of the people's Single Battle Tower records, i.e. those with Garchomp in them (there are tons), and read their stories about their experiences with Garchomp. There are a few that do not run Trick leads, so some of them will probably talk about when Garchomp can set up, etc.

As for Grass Knot Starmie, I am not sure. Psychic (surprisingly) gets better coverage than Grass Knot since Grass Knot has a lot of redundant coverage with Tbolt/Ice Beam / Surf (basically GK will only be for water/grounds and hits things like wailord slightly harder than Tbolt). However, Poison and Fighting types (Psychic's SE coverage) seem ok for your team to deal with even without Psychic. If you have unlimited supplies of Grass Knot TMs, it certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Hope this helps.

I'm getting the impression that the key strategy is to "sacrifice" your lead to screw up the opponent's lead first, then let your second and third Pokemon set up and sweep. Up till now, I haven't done much setting up... my usual strategy was to just attack, but I'll definitely give the setting up sets a try now.

Speaking of Trick teams, I revised mine a bit and did three attempts. The first one ended at like 60, because I was surprised by U-Turn and made a mistake afterwards. The second one ended at 128, because of an even greater mistake (Tricked Staraptor CB off, because I was sure it would be carrying Muscle Band, so I mixed set 3 and 4 up). The third one - the one I'm going to register - ended just 7 matches later, at 135. :(

The team: Uxie, Scizor and Latios

Maharishi
Levitate, Bold
Lv. 50 stats: 181/84/173/94/149/136
@ Choice Scarf
~ Trick
~ Yawn
~ Thunder Wave
~ Memento
>>> A great seer. Should be self-explanatory by now. I still like to paralyze stuff that would be too fast for Scizor although having no chance to even 2HKO the Substitute after Memento. I might try Flash on a new team with a new lead, but this Uxie just worked fine.

Muramasa
Technician, Adamant
Lv. 50 stats: 157/200/120/59/100/106
@ Sitrus Berry
~ Substitute
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
>>> A swordsmith with blood-hungry blades. Finally, I copied Jumpman's offensive Scizor who I didn't believe in at first, but now I can say he's just great. He's got to be one of the best partners for Uxie, as he won me the most battles (see below).

Hyperion
Levitate, Timid
Lv. 50 stats: 154/87/96/180/127/178
@ Leftovers
~ Substitute
~ Calm Mind
~ Recover
~ Dragon Pulse
>>> A titan looking from above. I didn't even need him 15 times, lol. Though, he was (mostly) also great when I needed it - except for the very last battle...

How I lost

Ice Ace Trainer, Uxie vs. Abomasnow. With the aid of hail, Uxie got 2HKOed by Blizzard. Choice Scarf meant Abomasnow would be a few points faster than Scizor, so I used Thunder Wave to buy time. Three Blizzard PP left for Scizor to stall. I subbed all three away, but could only get one Swords Dance in without losing too much. Abomasnow and the following Articuno got killed by Bullet Punch then, last man standing being Weavile against my Scizor with 6 HP. I would be able to outspeed three sets, but the very Weavile 1 would be packing Fake Out. Of course, it was Weavile 1 and Latios as my last resort didn't get the needed critical hit. I blame this very annoying Hail for the loss and this really gets me to considering Tyranitar somehow. I won't be bothering with the Hax Tower on the weekend though, I'm just fed up right now...

Other matches

I saved some replays that will be filmed. Check out my YouTube channel around tomorrow evening. Here's a little preview of what I will be uploading:
- U-Turn...
- an exploding lead (they DO exist!)
- an Infernape on fire
So in short, three matches without proper Trick setup.

Some statistics

As I already mentioned, Scizor swept the most. I kept record of my Pokémon usage since match 50, so here it is:

Latios shown: 14
Latios swept: 10.5 (see match 123...)
+6 Latios failed: 1
+6 Scizor failed: 1
Scizor swept: about the rest
longest Scizor sweep streak: 24

I also kept record of every single match with the opponents' leads and who I set up on them, if possible. If there is no special commentary, I usually Tricked first turn and did something suitable afterwards.

Day 1: 1-49
Day 2: 50-105

50: Rhyperior Avalanche => Scizor
51: Milotic Double Team => Scizor
52: Metagross Meteor Mash => Scizor
53: Heracross Megahorn (set 4) => Yawn => Scizor
54: Bellossom Sunny Day => Scizor
55: Marowak Stone Edge => Scizor
56: Porygon-Z Adaptability Shadow Ball => Scizor

57: Aggron Metal Claw => Scizor
58: Latias Dragon Claw => Scizor
59: Weezing Dark Pulse => Scizor
60: Ambipom Double Hit => Scizor
61: Entei Calm Mind => Scizor
62: Skarmory Brave Bird => Scizor
63: Glalie Payback => Scizor

64: Claydol Explosion (!!!); Metagross afterwards and QC triggered against the almost fainted Uxie, Scizor fortunately swept
65: Glaceon Shadow Ball => Scizor
66: Slowbro Shadow Ball => Scizor (he lucked out, Scizor was at 11 HP after killing Slowbro lol)
67: Garchomp Outrage => Scizor
68: Yanmega Aerial Ace (U-Turn set...), Tricked into Night Slash a few turns later => Scizor
69: Gallade Thunder Wave => Latios (the first time I even showed it lol)
70: Gengar Shadow Ball => Scizor

71: Electivire ThunderPunch => Scizor
72: Articuno Reflect => Scizor
73: Slowbro Trick Room => Scizor
74: Jumpluff Sleep Powder => Scizor
75: Articuno Blizzard => Scizor
76: Medicham Ice Punch => Scizor
77: Shuckle Swagger => Scizor

78: Jynx Wring Out => Scizor
79: Exeggutor Leaf Storm => Scizor
80: Feraligatr Dragon Dance => Scizor
81: Poliwrath Hydro Pump => Scizor
82: Glaceon Double Team => Scizor
83: Rhyperior Aqua Tail => Scizor (Yawned of course, thus for the hell of it lol)
84: Hippowdon Swagger => Scizor

85: Houndoom Fire Fang => Latios
86: Blissey Sing => Scizor
87: Cresselia Psychic => Latios (just for convenience...)
88: Lanturn Thunder => Latios (now for real...I guess I'm stopping to favour Scizor)
89: Scizor Swords Dance => Scizor
90: Gardevoir Shadow Ball => Scizor
91: Rapidash SolarBeam (wtf?) => Scizor

92: Honchkrow Night Slash => Scizor
93: Articuno Signal Beam => Scizor
94: Machamp Counter => Latios (Fighting/Fire trainer, sorry Scizor)
95: Machamp Revenge (it's actually the same set again) => Latios
96: Lapras Confuse Ray => Latios
97: Swampert Muddy Water => Latios
98: Drapion Cross Poison => Scizor

99: Roserade Leaf Storm => Scizor
100: Alakazam Signal Beam => Scizor
101: Absol Night Slash (CB set) => Yawn => Scizor
102: Metagross Meteor Mash => Scizor
103: Alakazam Shadow Ball => Scizor
104: Gengar Shadow Ball => Scizor
105: Machamp Stone Edge => Scizor

Day 3: 106-136

106: Scizor X-Scissor => Scizor
107: Aggron Sandstorm => Scizor
108: Wailord Amnesia => Scizor
109: Metagross Facade => Scizor
110: Yanmega Night Slash (Tinted Lens...) => Scizor
111: Swellow U-Turn, then Pidgeot with U-Turn in set...wtf => Scizor
112: Lucario Stone Edge => Scizor

113: Gliscor Counter => Scizor
114: Umbreon Faint Attack => Scizor
115: Golem Stone Edge => Scizor
116: Scizor X-Scissor => Scizor
117: Porygon-Z Adaptability Shadow Ball => Scizor
118: Infernape Flare Blitz (stupid CH on Uxie) => Latios revenge kill, then Scizor setup on Hypno
119: Weezing Shadow Ball => Scizor

120: Medicham Poison Jab => Scizor
121: Metagross Meteor Mash => Scizor
122: Heracross Swagger => Latios (he missed instead of being FP lol)
123: Steelix Curse => Latios (well, almost... last Pokémon Metagross 4 lucked Latios out)
124: Gallade Ice Punch => Scizor
125: Flygon Fire Punch => Latios
126: Heatran Scary Face => Scizor

127: Flygon Outrage => Scizor
128: Salamence Dragon Dance => Scizor
129: Gliscor X-Scissor => Scizor
130: Dusknoir Confuse Ray => Scizor and Latios afterwards, because BrightPowder Manectric lucked out
131: Bastiodon Iron Defense => Scizor (better than Latios against PI imo)
132: Dewgong Signal Beam => Scizor
133: Breloom Stone Edge => Scizor

134: Shiftry Dark Pulse => actually Scizor, but this match was just awkward...I will upload it; it was the closest one to losing so far
135: Lunatone Shadow Ball => Scizor (a weak Parasol Lady to recover from that...)
136: Abomasnow Blizzard => Scizor (Scizor had to stall 3 PP and no FP, thus only +2 and Hail-drained HP. He needed Fake Out Weavile to win and he had it...)

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
like I told you in the chat gara, switch to latios would´ve been the better choice (probably), because only the set 3 one would beat you then, if it had chosen night slash and not x-scissor or metal claw on your <10 HP scizor...better chance than to face the fake out one which always beats you in that situation

maybe next time memento instead of t-wave as well? hmm maybe even yawn...yeah yawn and you set up scizor unless he freezes you

how is everyone? I watched this topic despite having a break from pokémon for about a week followed by some theorymon of pressure stall tams (with spite even), choice team (meta-heat-lati, go figure), "use favourite pokémon" teams with an arcanine starter, then staraptor because of avatar (lol) and similar style (intimidate, CB, 120 BP move(s), and a lot more... but returned to figuring out how to face the challenge that is STAB outrage

stupid dragonite has max 252 spdef which means draco meteor won´t KO the dragon, so I decided to charm the dragons (one special set, which is bound to be at -2spA after turn1 at least and I can work from there) ...oh well CB draggy still has a shot at 1HKO after charm so I devised a new EV spread, 135def and 151 speed, ensures the survival of CB outrage after charm (save for CH) and allows another charm...

started another streak yesterday, am at 63 right now, will go on slowly...still not feeling good about battling (maybe the break wasn´t enough as I regulary make those in the recent years)

also jump don´t get mad at me, but I got the impression that you lost the streak? haha /me runz...or was it simply that cal annoys you too much...sorry but I´m interested how far you got in the month with 14-21 battles per day, being at like 230 start of september (you said top3 then)

good luck everyone

has anyone tried out torment heatran in the battle tower? i'm torn about whether or not to try a streak with a torment-tran, it seems like it would do pretty well though. I'm not sure exactly what set I would use... the one I read about in the RMT a few months ago was Sub/Torment/Protect/Lava Plume, with the burn rate being the selling point. Four moveslot syndrome is a bitch here.

i'm also looking very hard at using spiritomb and i think my next serious attempt will revolve around that--spite and pressure being the biggest selling points.

something like...

Spiritomb @ Choice Scarf
Careful - Pressure
-Spite
-Taunt
-Pain Split
-Trick

This should be able to easily PP-stall almost any opening attack, and with Trick on there as well it should work pretty well? Most of the exceptionally powerful moves would be easily handled with one spite, leaving them at most 2 more (Blizzards, Fire Blasts, Hydro Pumps, Close Combats if they actually used it...) After it tricks though, it really can't do any damage which I don't like. But so many others use Uxies and such with no attacks, moves like Thunder Wave/Yawn/Memento/Trick... which seems equally useless. If anything though I can always use it as death fodder later in the match, or screw something else up with Trick again if I have enough HP left.

But who would support Spiritomb? So many options since it has no weaknesses, and an immunity to fighting, normal and psychic. tyranitar jumped out first, but we'll see I guess. Something to sponge dragon-hits, again Heatran is a possibility with some defensive investment--torment tran potentially fitting the bill. which would leave me with something that is a surefire counter to all flashfire pokemon, and hopefully those that can quadruple resist fire.

I think it has potential but we'll see if Peterko or ChineseDood or Jumpman can tear it apart and discourage me... lol

Peterko

Never give up!
there are 3 pressure spiters, spiritomb, weavile and dusknoir

I´d put protect on a pressure staller everytime...protect, spite, protect and a 10PP move is wasted

sub, protect, spite, taunt/night slash/ice punch/low kick weavile
sub, roost, protect, taunt/rock slide aero (fastest pressure sub)
sub, roost, protect, icy wind articuno
sub, roost, protect, flamethrower/air slash moltres
sub, roost, protect, discharge/something else zapdos, wonderful even without protect (or without roost in emerald with hp ice)
sub, roost/heal order, protect, defend order vespi
the obvious suicune

etc.

I think one of my earlier team ideas was spiritomb-skarmory-machamp or something like that (maybe champ was the lead back then)...wasn´t a PP waste team though IIRC

well, anyway, I wouldn´t trickscarf with tomb, yo´re better of trickscarf-grudging with missy or something (I remember there was one team utilising this strategy)...

hmm...

so for spiritomb, what would you recommend? something like:

Protect / Spite / Taunt / Pain Split? This seems much less reliable, and the ones you listed above seem much more potent. Taunt seems useful to keep them attacking/not DTing or something stupid, and then pain split to heal... i guess it could be something else though

Protect first to see what the opponent does. if they try to stat up, taunt them and spite/protect to drain 10 PP (the PP is still wasted on the first turn protect right? if they attack first, they're -2 PP, taunt them and take the hit, -4, take the second hit and spite, -6, -10... and i'm fairly certain that Spiritomb can't be 2HKOed by a lot without boosts, but i could be wrong). With Pain Split though, Spiritomb itself becomes taunt-bait, as it would be forced to struggle... SuckerPunch could go there to hit first after a Taunt for a quick kill, Will-o-Wisp has merit to weaken physical attackers for the switch-in to help set up. Icy Wind to reduce speed and do SOMETHING under taunt.

aerodactyl seems much more usable, as it can attack and actually do damage, doesn't have to take any hits since only a handful of pokemon will outspeed, and only Jolteon (tie) and Electrode would threaten with a SE hit [EDIT: this doesn't take into consideration those with a choice scarf that can outspeed, I'd have to look at the list to see who could else could threaten]. while it doesn't have spite, protect/sub combo continually can net you 10 PP easily and roost is a much more reliable recovery over pain split... hmm. i guess i just liked the idea of using spiritomb since it looks so cool shiny lol

zapdos was something i thought about in another role, but could fill that role with its respectable stat distribution and wonderful typing, but aerodactyl's incredible speed seems a better choice to PP stall.

outside of trick though, is PP-stalling worthwhile?

Jumpman16

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
(Scizor had to stall 3 PP and no FP, thus only +2 and Hail-drained HP. He needed Fake Out Weavile to win and he had it...)
Glad to see you trying Yawn/TW Uxie, they don't clash at all and are a great answer to idiots that are going to be idiots. That's actually one way you could have prevented yourself from losing this battle, though not the first way I thought of. If you knew Aboma was going to 2HKO you no matter what (and you did), it's a perfect time to use Yawn and get Scizor at least to +2 guaranteed. I think you greatly overestimated the threat Ice Trainers pose to Scizor (virtually nonexistant) and it cost you the battle—against an Ice Trainer, +2 Scizor is literally all you need because everything is swept in two turns by Superpower or Bullet Punch but last-poke Walrein 1 (Chople) Walrein 3, Lapras 2, or Articuno 2, and only if if you had to use Superpower on the second poke (everything dies to +2 BP/SP but Chople Walrein). Even then, Latios is not losing to Walrein 3 ever, only loses to "lol QC Sheer Cold hit" from Lapras 3, and not losing to a ~12% Wacan Articuno ever.

So you could have Yawned on Turn 1 but that's only best against Blizzard Aboma and you don't know which you're facing, lead Yawn still works wonders against everything but Aboma 4 (which stil has to wake up immediately to start denting Scizor). What I was actually originally thinking was tricking and then TWing, then SDing with Scizor no matter what because you dont care if you get frozen or CHed or whatever because this is the best move anyway, knowing that you beat virtually everything with even just +2 Scizor. Best would be Trick then Yawn, then subbing with Scizor on the last Blizzard before Aboma goes to sleep.

also jump don´t get mad at me, but I got the impression that you lost the streak? haha /me runz...or was it simply that cal annoys you too much...sorry but I´m interested how far you got in the month with 14-21 battles per day, being at like 230 start of september (you said top3 then)
idk why you would get that impression, i never post status updates in the middle of a streak unless i'm prompted to. calisto's annoying but a naive person who thinks an emulated record isn't the easiest thing to lie about isn't going to make me "quit", thank business school applications for that. if i wanted to i could break your record this weekend if that helps you lol

700 and still going

I told myself I wouldn't post again until I beat the #1 record.
The team:

Latios@ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4/0/0/252/0/252
- Trick
- Memento
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

The amazing lead. Trick things that are slower and memento. Use draco meteor or surf if the foes lead would be faster or has a stab ice/rock move. Usually ohko/2hkos. Otherwise if I just don't feel like setting up, I draco meteor until i get koed which will usually leave me at 2-3 with the other guy weakend enough for my guys to come in and ko. Up untill about 300 I had t-wave over surf but i kept running into problems with steel types, especially fucking steelix. So I switched over and it's been helpful ever since. Also very helpful again rhyperior. I know it does less than draco meteor but atleast it does -2 attack drop, which is why I find myself spamming it against hippowdon and such.

Skarmory@ Apicot Berry
Trait: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 240/252/16/0/0/0
-Aerial Ace
-Natural Gift
-Sword Dance
-Agility

The amazing sweeper. I knew I wanted something with the sturdy trait after hearing some guy say he was 1-0'd by quick claw guilotine corphish. I also knew I wanted something with a never miss attack. This is because when DP first came out, I think the US version, I went to battle tower for my first time ever. I was using Jump's team (Starmie/Tyranitar/Garchomp) because he had gotten like 250something wins with it and i was convinced I could do the same if only I had his team. So I spent about a month breeding, catching dittos and EV training and in my 15th or 16th battle, lost to a double team dusclops. I never played it again after that until platinum came out. So after that when building my new platinum team, I knew I had to have a never miss attack. Skarmory was the easy choice since I knew it had SD and agility. Anyway, stratgey, she comes in after memento, but only if its a non ice/rock move. Latios is weak to everything skarm resists but hates ice move especially. After one or two agilities and 3 sword dances, skarm plows through the opponents entire team with stab aerial ace. I know it's weird but apicot berry give skarmory a 80 bp ground type move to hit the 3 types that resist flying, those being rock, steel and electric. I never risk using natural gift on fire/poison types just for the extra damage. Never ever ever. And should anyone ever use my team, alway remember this.

Jolteon@ Magnet
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 0/0/4/252/0/252
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Substitute
-Baton Pass

The amazing savior. Basically takes status when latios has them locked into it and passes a sub to skarmory. Also comes in for the sweep when latios straight up draco meteors/surfs. Magnet turns some 2hkos and 3hkos into onkos and 2hkos respectfully. But I'm only guessing that. I originally had leftovers but needed the extra power to take down aggrons and friends. However I think it turns ramparados into and ohko because I remember just falling short of a ko before switching to it and so far I always seem to ohko.

Anyway, that's how I got atleast 700 wins. I feel the overall theme of the team is sweeping. I notice some set that was like skarmory@curse/feather rest/sub/aa a while agoI just thought how boring that would be to curse/rest/sub for like 10 turns then sweep while always getting hit first. it's much more fun to only have to go throw 4/5 turns of setting up. Also I'd just like to say (becuase I like having a low post count) The original original team was latias/skarmory/magcaro. I thought I could use magcargo's flame body along with acid armor/amnesia/sub to win, boy was I wrong. I couldn't even get past 21, and skarmory kepted dying to special attacks.
I'll post again when I eventually lose.

EDIT: forgot to mention this is for the single platinum battle tower record.

Looking at ninja1357's 700-streak team:

Latios @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4/0/0/252/0/252
- Trick
- Memento
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

Okay, this settles it: I'm using Latios instead of Uxie as a Trick lead. If you got 700 with this as a lead then it must be good. However, I hesitate to use any move below 100% accuracy... I'm amazed Draco Meteor got you such a high streak. Were you just really lucky, or did it not matter since you could still set up the others anyway?

Skarmory@ Apicot Berry
Trait: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 240/252/16/0/0/0
-Aerial Ace
-Natural Gift
-Sword Dance
-Agility

That's hilarious - all this time nobody thought of Skarmory as a sweeper since it can defy hax. I guess I should look at movepools more closely now - if I'd known it can get both SD and Agility, I might have come up with this same strategy. And I assume Skarmory is the only Agility user with Sturdy? (guess) That explains why it defies hax. But what do you do if you're use Natural Gift once and then need it again if another Flying-resist comes in? I'm sure that's happened many times, so I want to know.

Jolteon@ Magnet
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 0/0/4/252/0/252
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Substitute
-Baton Pass

Seems logical with Skarmory, but I'd never have thought of Jolteon... also, I'm amazed you chose a Magnet of all things... I'd have probably gone for Focus Sash since I'm obsessed with that item, but then again I'm just a noob with a pathetic record of 197, so my ideas don't have much value compared to a 700-achiever.

However, considering that 700 puts you at number 1, I think there should be a video as well as that image for proof... I'd want to see the team in action to fully understand how it works.

very, very interesting idea using skarm. the streak is unbelievable, congratulations. and you didn't follow the common theme of stalling something into struggle and setting up, which also deserves a pat on the back.

Peterko

Never give up!
well, let´s see I found the time to look at that and I don´t trust it much, sorry but it has to be said...

678, Abomasnow 3, Quiet, Occa Berry, 197, 112, 95, 158, 105, 72, Energy Ball, Blizzard, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, HP/Sp.Attk
- blizzard 1HKOs latios
- draco meteor does 137-162 / 197HP ... and jolt bolt does 50-59 damage (magnet) so you might kill it with those two...now you have a weak jolteon who dies to any attack and skarmory without stat ups which dies to any special hit...
- trick means you lose latios turn1, can´t switch in skarmory which is slower and takes 70% min from blizzard, you have to sub 4 times with jolteon to PP waste blizzard and jolt dies, then you have 5 turns to set up skarmory on struggle and beat the other two pokémon
- memento means blizzard 3HKOs doing 35-42% plus hail damage...while aerial ace 2HKOs, 1HKO after SD so you take
- you obviously won´t surf

368, Jynx 1, Calm, Chesto Berry, 140, 63, 55, 167, 161, 115, Psychic, Ice Beam, Lovely Kiss, Fake Tears, Sp.Attk/Sp.Def
504, Jynx 2, Calm, Lax Incense, 140, 63, 55, 167, 161, 115, Dream Eater, Lovely Kiss, Perish Song, Mean Look, Sp.Attk/Sp.Def
640, Jynx 3, Modest, Expert Belt, 140, 63, 55, 183, 115, 147, Blizzard, Energy Ball, Signal Beam, Wring Out, Sp.Attk/Speed
776, Jynx 4, Modest, Choice Specs, 140, 63, 55, 183, 115, 147, Ice Beam, Psychic, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Sp.Attk/Speed
- here you have a problem if you don´t know the set, even if you do...DM doesn´t kill set1 which has a shot at 1hko with ice beam
- you can´t trick because of set4 which absolutely rapes your team 1or 2hitting each of your teammembers
- you won´t surf
- probably memento if you don´t know the set but set4 still 2HKOs skarmory and does 45% min to your jolteon...good luck lol

I´m sure that I´m not the only one that said "oh shit...what?" when reading your post...no offense and I´m the one that trusts people here

I don´t care if people break my records, good for you...but that 700 is rather improbable to say the least

Jumpman16

yeah, plus there's things like regice which will murder with ice beam and not care about memento, gengar shadow ball which will 2hko jolteon, raikou which will also handle jolteon pretty easily after being locked into shadow ball, and hikers in general that pretty much make skarmory have to use natural gift on the first poke (tyranitar) or just not allow you to set up when you surf the first poke and something like swampert or flygon or garchomp comes out next

then there's the part where you have not one but two alt accounts but i guess i'll let you try to explain yourself first

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)