Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelix, the one i like most is the azurill+bayleef one. The rest is, just as you said, not VERY good. But they are not bad either. Practice more, because, IMO, you have potential.

Gone 'till Saturday on a trip to see relatives. I get back around noon though.

@Radar: The area I'm talking about is right near butterfree's left leg (right from its point of view). If you don't get what I'm talking about, it's okay. It's so small most people who aren't spriters wouldn't care about it.

@steelix lover: Your general ideas are good, but many of your sprites have missing outlines, and you have shading problems. Arceus/Quagsire has the worst problems, with the head having too thick of an outline and the majority of its body being one shade. But those problems are to be expected from a relatively new spriter (that's just an off-hand guess of how experienced you are, correct me if I'm wrong).
Bayleef/Azurill (or whatever it is) is probably your best done fusion IMO.
I don't have time to critique all of your works, but you look good for now. Keep practicing and you'll be turning out amazing sprites in no time.

C+C on this before I enter it into Serebii's WSC?

Theme is family fusion. i.e, the only sprites I can use are Hoppip's, Jumpluff's and Skiploom's.

I prefer the one on the left, but the dithering is slightly overvigorous, and the shading on the second one seems off to me, the full lighter shape doesn't fit the light source. If there was a possible middle ground that would be good, but I definitely prefer the dithering.

That's really good for a first, and it really does look kind of like your avatar.

Anyway, I just completed my first pixel over. It might not be a Pokemon, but I'd like some c+c.

Also, here's the picture I used:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor

I just finished my first one ever. It's Drifblim, Claydol, Victreebel, Probopas, Dusclops, Butterfree, Murkrow, Monferno, And Torterra. I scratched a decent bit too.

C&c?
For a 1st that is brilliant.
Sorry this isn't a big comment, Wii typing is terrible.
Again, good sprite :)
><>'

That's really good for a first, and it really does look kind of like your avatar.

Anyway, I just completed my first pixel over. It might not be a Pokemon, but I'd like some c+c.

Also, here's the picture I used:
Try to add mor shading to the hair, face, and collar; looks too flat. Also try to brighten up the Gold. Looks strange and weird, currently. Finally, the left eyebrow shouldn't have two upward angles. Yeah, so not bad for outlining and whatnot, it just looks unfinished, shading wise.

Ok, made some changes:

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "the left eyebrow shouldn't have two upward angles", though. Also darkened the other scythe, since it's in the background.

Scratched a Poliwag too, for the heck of it.

EDIT: Recoloured the Eevee as well:

From left to right:

Usual Eevee
Shiny Eevee
Mew's colours
Pikachu's colours
Skiploom's colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)