I donīt do an analysis before a battle, actually only if it gets critical (or close to) during a battle (I play by exp. and intuition and focus less, which results in occasional mistakes...negligence kind of)
1. basically, I almost always „test“ quake against zong (2 SD and quake)
2. I wasnīt focusing on the battle and „woke up“ when he was about to struggle and faint that turn...I admit I wanted to quake at first, but the fear of losing the sub to last turn struggle CH (which happens a lot) and being naked next turn (arguably the worst thing that can happen) was higher than the fear of being locked into outrage against a psychic trainer
3. it wasnīt me calling it really bad luck, it was just funny because I called the meta right when zong fainted (incoming steel type when Iīm outraging happens on regular basis)
1) nope, Glen is wrong in my opinion about quaking in that situation and you of all people should know that having a sub up > everything
2) yeah or SD twice, which I regularly do (there it is, the right time was the turn after TR ended)...now that I think about it, if he was a levitate one I couldīve been in a worse position had quake not affected him..."what if"
3) nope, because he hit 3 times with struggle and CH struggle happens all the time, not many people have as much exp. with struggle to be able to comprehend (thus why I know it was a mistake to let him get that "low" in the first place)
4) I know that, he did 5 damage on the first one, see point 3), this was not such a situation
5) I admit I havenīt realized this and assume you wouldnīt know (think) about this stuff while driving (unless you did all of this theorymon before using chomp, which is a possibility, also Iīm probably less focused while watching TV than you while driving, still itīs easier for you to kill someone than for me :/), clearly an after-battle analysis to learn from a mistake
arguing about „luck“ is pointless and I wonīt join the train, I only posted that just because I faintly remembered that gallade example, related to chomp sweeping, was posted
not SDing just twice against zong, charming crobat and „accidentally“ tricking an aero, all three were mistakes that happened because I had the longest break since this streak started (played just 14 battles in 5 days from wednesday to sunday)
EDIT: 5CHs in a row (my worst is 3 I think while hitting me twice through confusion, by some outrager I think it was rhydon, who got around 5 total) remind me of a fun battle against lead lapras, which froze latias, froze-steel thawed out, froze-steel thawed out, skip a turn, froze-frozen solid, defrosted next turn...with some CHs also, Iīd have to find that chatlog with fatum to be sure
EDIT2: if I get to 2K (itīs not 100% sure I get there) I will probably continue (the actual question is how fast)
Last edited by Peterko; Dec 1st, 2009 at 4:42:19 AM.