Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I found it's somewhere between when you start to shrink to game world. Use your timer to Press A on the last line of text Prof. Oak tells you before entering the actual game.

I found it's somewhere between when you start to shrink to game world. Use your timer to Press A on the last line of text Prof. Oak tells you before entering the actual game.
From what Ive read its from when you press 'a' to shrink your character animation, or around that time, im pretty sure its in the sequence when you name your character etc.
Thanks guys I just got my desired ID. Its when you press A on the screen that Prof Oak says 'See you Later' +2 seconds, it must be as the game world opens up AFTER the animation

Thanks guys I just got my desired ID. Its when you press A on the screen that Prof Oak says 'See you Later' +2 seconds, it must be as the game world opens up AFTER the animation
yeah it is as in the last screen, it happens between his last line and the shrinking so actually after you pressed A your ID/SID combination was generated.

I don't know what you actually don't get but I thought maybe it's easier this way.

ID Finder
how to abuse

Let us take this for example:
PID: 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: d2140289 Frames - 1: 114, J (synch): 71, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 71, K (no synch): 87) HP DARK 70

Hexflawless Spread generated with Wichus PokeRNG.

I guess you know how to do that.

After that: RNG as usual

(Calibration, etc.)

A normal delay for HG can lie between 5000 und 5700. for me it's easy to hit 5730 (I don't know why.xD)

If you abused succesfully, you will have a Shiny Spread on the PID you used.
Of course you can also use the delay PokeRNG gives you. In the example case it would be: D2140289

Does anybody know the starting frames for the HGSS game corner pokemon? Are the IVs created for all three at the same time?

Also, there are no moving NPCs in the game corner so I should be able to advance the frame with 128 steps, right? (If I recall correctly, in DPPt you could walk 128 steps with multiple pokemon, but it sounds like you can only have one pokemon in HGSS. Is that correct?)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: oh and I would assume method 1 for the game corner pokemon, can anyone confirm this?
help please

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
mntwinsfan: Haven't checked, but it's always safe to assume frame 1. If you find otherwise, let us know.

Buba: Whichever one has the non-roaming Latias, I think. Haven't actually tried it yet.

You're right, for some reason I was thinking it takes 4 RNG advances to generate a Pokemon.
Well, on the starters it takes 4. But I guess Raikou/Entei's case is different. The game must make 1 extra RNG call when it decides where the roaming pokes will be after they are released.

That is, IMHO, the reason why the starters are on frames 1, 5 and 9, and the dogs/birds on DPPt are on frames 1, 6 and 11.

What would be the best timing method to use when RNGing with an emulator? Unfortunately PikaTimer causes a lot of lag, and as a result I get very inconsistent times (delays remain somewhat constant).
Any advice?

What would be the best timing method to use when RNGing with an emulator? Unfortunately PikaTimer causes a lot of lag, and as a result I get very inconsistent times (delays remain somewhat constant).
Any advice?
Create a save state when starting up the game, probably best right before you press continue. Start the game and find you seed. If the delay is too low, load the save state and wait longer, then save again and try again and keep going til you hit your delay.

I am abusing for IV's in plat, and no matter what I do,
I get one frame to low!!! What do I do?? I save for new frames multible times!

SO I should probably use a stopwatch for this. Once I find a good set I can keep reseting the time so I can get my excact set then right? Also once I find the set I want can I usualluy count on just pressing a or do I have to advance the prng? I think I get the whole frame thing cuz it never changes but up to the excact time can I get it to where I don't have to walk any steps or do you always have to advance the RNG from 0 or the frame number when I start the game to the exact number for the IV set?
Never got an answer for my last post. Can anyone help?

If I'm abusin Lugia in Johto, will Latios in Kanto mess me up? I've already taken down Entei and Raikou...should I also take down Suicune?
Unless I'm mistaken, OmegaDonut has placed a guide on the second post of this thread, and I think other sources claim this too: frame advancement is inconsistent with roamers, sometimes it's 1 frame advanced, sometimes it's 2.
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to RNG abusing in SS myself at the moment, but it seems that it would be advisable to faint any roamers to get consistent frame advancement.

Oh, btw, suicune isn't a roamer, it's a stationary and it's stationed in kanto. Taking Latios down might be advisable.

Question: How does one verify their seed in HGSS (in the absence of coin flips)?

Question: Raikou and Entei are Method 1, correct? The first time you set them loose (when Morty is there), is the starting frame different? (I just entered Ecruteak City, so I haven't set them loose for the first time yet.)

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Question: How does one verify their seed in HGSS (in the absence of coin flips)?

Question: Raikou and Entei are Method 1, correct? The first time you set them loose (when Morty is there), is the starting frame different? (I just entered Ecruteak City, so I haven't set them loose for the first time yet.)
1- You can only check it when you capture a Pokemon (You have to do this always if you want to know your seed) Adfer you caught it, you just introduce all the data of your Pokémon into the DPPt Seed Finder and click into the box that says HG/SS Delay

2-Yeah, they are method 1. Annnd, I didn't understand the last part of the question <.<

You catch a Pokemon and enter its IV's into the seed to time functions Find Seed by IV's tab or catch a level 50+ and add its stats into the find seed by stats function of the seed to time.
Also make sure you have the correct date/time entered in for both

Raikou and Entei are Method 1, and Raikou's monster frame is 1 and Entei's is 6
And yes there IV's/Nature are set as soon as there released
Answers in Bold :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)