Nuzlocke Challenge

holy hell you guys are going bonkers for this. Accent, you are definitely giving the best story so far. Were you using Pokewalker to score your pokemon?

I started my Nuzlocke challenge (Now serious) with these rules:

Rules:
-If pokemon fainted, it must be placed in the box: Dead.
-No pokéball buying, only using those you obtain and find.
-If you're out of pokéballs, you are however, allowed to buy two of the lowest level pokeballs.
-Pickup items allowed
-Unlimited HM use
-No TM use,
-Team dead: Restart.
-Nicknames are a must.
-Only allowed to catch the first pokemon you see on that route, otherwise none (Shinies are a different story)

I chose Bulbasaur, and named it Cut to show it's emo side. After beating Sucker by cheating with a potion (So evil), we left for route 1, in the first grass (>.>) we encountered a pidgey and killed it...

After doing all the crap stuff for Oak, I obtained my five pokéballs and was ready to go. On route 22, I got lucky and caught a mankey, which I named pignose, I mean, just look at it! Battled Gary after that, luckily nobody fainted. So I left for Viridian City again to watch the boring old man.

I left for route 2, where I got a rattatta named Teeths. Then left for viridian forest. Where I caught a weedle nicknamed Stingstung, which I trained to a beedrill.

After all this, I went to the pewter gym where I challenged brock and won thanks to my awesome Pignose and Cut.

I obtained my running shoes and went to route 3, it was a pure hell down there, Pignose my mankey died due to a crit. peck attack from a spearow, whilst I also managed to catch a Nidoran-F named Nidonido, who died just a minute later thanks due a Jigglypuff's pound (>.>)

Right now heading to mount moon, where I'm hoping to catch a geodude. Just managed to catch a zubat, not a geodude as I hoped, named it Zuzu.

Team:
-Bulbasaur (Pallet town), Cut lvl 14 Tackle/Vinewhip/Growl/Leech seed
-Beedrill (Viridian forest), Stingstung lvl 14 Fury attack/Poison sting/Harden/String shot
-Zubat (Mount moon), Zuzu lvl 7 Astonish/Leech life

Dead:
-Rattatta (Route 2), Teeths died due to a tackle from onix.
-Mankey (Route 22), Pignose died due a crit peck from spearow.
-Nidoran-F (Route 3), Nidonido died due a pound from jigglypuff.

If you managed to read the comic, you guys like?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Zandgaia...your comic looks like a complete rip-off of VGCat's Super Effective... not cool.

So in other news, last night my DS died and I had caught a Shinx AND a Zubat. And they were lost because I didn't save.
Goddamnit.
I'll update when I get the next badge.

Oooh! Ooooh! I'm doing this :D

My first attempt involved being Swept by a Weedle and having my entire team Poisoned :(

Charmander was Poisoned!
Used Antidote!
Weedle used Poison Sting!
Charmander was Poisoned!
Used Antidote!

Repeat for every pokemon <_<

Take 2, Squirtle as my starter. Swept my way to Misty with Stingy the Beedril and Chompsky the Rattata, only to be swept by 3 critical Swifts in a row.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Take 3! Go Cleafland the Bulbasaur!

My Rival, Nobody, went down easily. Autofire A on the emulator and went to get a drink :D

Left for Viridian City, only to encounter a Pidgey on the last panel of grass :(

Did all the stuff here, came back, town map, yadda yadda.

Headed to the Route 22 to catch my first pokemon...

A wild Mankey appeared!

:D

George joined my team and I began levelling him up in Viridian Forest, only for him to be Poisoned before I could give him an antidote

R.I.P George.

However, he did help me catch...

Malone, the Caterpie!

After a few minutes of levelling up Malone and Cleafland made short work of Brock's gym, and headed for Mt.Moon.

Cleafland Lv.13 Malone Lv.11

R.I.P George Lv. 6

Playing on Fire Red!

Today was a sad day.
After clearing out the Slowpoke well, and evolving my Ledyba thanks to some power leveling, I took on Bugsy. My Cydnaquil evolved, becoming even more of a power house, but then, without thinking about his evil Crocnaw,I took on my rival...

Slowpoke tried to stall him out with Yawn, but he woke and KOd with bite. Next, Ratatta hit him with Tail Whip to weaken him for the next shot - his sacrifice will be rememberd. Andy hit him with a couple of smokescreens, getting mauled in the process, so out came Geodude to magnitude him to death, only to be hit with a water gun and faint. Ledian just managed to salvage the battle, but the price was already too high..
So off to the box I went, and picked up Wendy the Weedle and Buff the Geodude. I evolved Wendy to a Beedrill, and he was pretty kickass, but died to a trainer by the daycare once again due to crithax... Buff is just a HM slave at the moment, and he'll probably stay as such until I get Sudowoodo.
A Drowzee also joined the team on Route 34, and he's proving to be a keen little fighter so far.

Team:
Cocknose the Drowzee - Level 16 (Route 34)
Andy the Quilava - Level 21 (Starter)
Scrambled the Togepi - Level 1 (Mr. Pokemon's Egg)[Renamed after getting to Goldenrod]
Buff the Geodude - Level 5 (Ruins of Alpha)
Larry the Ledian - Level 19 (Route 31)

Deceased:
Blargh the Spearow - Level 15 (Route 46)
Huh? the Slowpoke - Level 14 (Slowpoke Well)
Hulk Smash the Geodude - Level 16 (Dark Cave)
Kakaka the Rattata - Level 16 (Sprout Tower)

Training to take on Whitney atm, and have just cleared the underground

I sorted it in aphabetical order because it was easier (and also because it put me at the top :3 )

Also I only put the most recent stories. If you really want an older one archived, tell me. If you think you've made something worth mentionning, tell me too, I may have skipped it inadvertently.
edit: actually I'll add them in if someone other than you asks for it :)

Mattman, I considered adding you be to be honest your stories just aren't as developped as the other ones, and there are so many that a selection has to be done. I think I'm too lenient, even...

I edited out the ones who had only one update. If you are among these, when you write the next part, don't forget to link to the previous chapters! :)

So far I like Diana's and Izzy's the best. RIS' and Vader's are pretty well written too but I'm not as fond of the style. Keep it up! :D
(oh and thanks morm)

What an uneventful day! Sure Cleafland evolved into Ivysaur, but I've had such bad luck with Pokemon! Route 3 heralded a Spearow, so now I have a Fly slave. Mt.Moon had a Zubat, I figure there'll be no shortage of those so I save my Pokeballs. Then whats my second Pokemon? Clefairy. I LIKE Clefairy :(. I move on to Cerulean and across the 3 routes surrounding it I find... A Pidgey and 2 Caterpies. FFFFFF-. I catch Pidgey and move on.

Misty was a cinch, Razor Leaf spam brought her down. Only having 2 useful Pokemon has made them quite over levelled. I head South of Cerulean and find... a Meowth!

:D

I use Leech Seed and wait for its health to go red, better safe than sorry after all!

I drop Airheart, my Pidgey, off in the Day Care Centre and move on. I wander into the grass on the next route to find... A higher level Meowth!

This game hates me.

Traded Red Baron the Spearow for Farfetch'd. I figure, they're both useless, but atleast Farfetch'd can be a Cut slave aswell as a Fly slave. The route to West of Vermillion had a Drowzee. Meh, can't do anything that Butterfree can't, I'll pass.

I save Diglett's cave for later, I doubt I'll be shocked at what I find :P

I go now to level up Salem, the Meowth, ready for the S.S Anne. A drastic shortage of defensive/physical pokemon is making this run quite interesting!

Cleafland Lv.26 Malone Lv.23 Salem Lv.10 Ch'Ding (the hell?) Lv.8

At the day care centre...

Airheart Lv.6

And in the graveyard...

George Lv.6

I also have 1 Pokeball and 1 Great Ball, with another Great ball coming up. This could prove interesting!

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Chapter 1: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2559937&postcount=167

Chapter 2: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2560783&postcount=178

Chapter 3: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2561945&postcount=188

Chapter 4: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2563012&postcount=197

All right, chapter 5 here. This'll be shorter than the last few.

With the second badge in my hands- all right, more like clipped to my shirt- I decided to take full advantage of this. Hitomi chopped down the tree, which was much bigger than herself, though she jumped back in surprise when she actually pulled off the feat. I smiled down at her, however, not being able to help a giggle when she smiled back and seemed happy out of nowhere because of it.

Despite Hitomi being out with me, I decided to spare it these battles. Not only did it deserve a break after the battle it had at the gym, but it was at a type disadvantage.

It was typical until the very top of this building, as the grunts were weak like usual. It wasn't all grunts, however, as at the top, with a balding man and a Buneary and Clefairy, was a woman with purple hair, as oddly dressed as the others.

"Why are you up here? Wait... Don't answer, I already know. You want to save these Pokemon... Which is why I'll crush you."

If Purugly wasn't annoying enough, this woman had a Skuntank. It was extremely annoying, expecially with Poison Gas and Night Slash. Kaede had already taken a Giga Drain from Zubat and barely survived that, so I sent Amaya out and hoped for the best. And no, it didn't get the kill either, but, like usual, I was too worried to let my team members die. That being said, I switched Tori in, and its Wing Attack and Quick Attack did the job, chasing the team off... Before pecking me. Again. I was so tired of that...

I did manage to get a reward out of this, however unexpected, after healing my quite tired team. My reward... A foldable bike? I had never even heard of one like that in my life, but it was a really nice thing to have. Now I wasn't stuck walking, which took forever. First order of business now: Cycling Road.

My team:

Monferno (Sam) Lv. 19 (M)
Bold
Blaze
-Scratch
-Mach Punch
-Flame Wheel
-Taunt

Staravia (Tori) Lv. 19 (F)
Mild
Intimidate
-Tackle
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack

Bibarel (Chase) Lv. 19 (M)
Bold
Unaware
-Headbutt
-Rollout
-Water Gun
-Rock Smash

Geodude (Kaede) Lv. 20 (F)
Serious
Sturdy
-Tackle
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Rock Polish

Machop (Amaya) Lv. 20 (F)
Naive
No Guard
-Low Kick
-Leer
-Seismic Toss
-Karate Chop

Budew (Hitomi) Lv. 19 (F)
Quiet
Natural Cure
-Mega Drain
-Growth
-Cut
-Stun Spore

In box:

Starly (Kai) Lv. 2 (M)
Modest
Keen Eye
-Tackle
-Growl

Buizel (Colette) Lv. 9 (F)
Lonely
Swift Swim
-Growl
-Water Sport
-Quick Attack
-Water Gun

Shellos (Melo) Lv. 11 (M)
Lax
Storm Drain
-Mud Sport
-Harden
-Water Pulse
-Mud Bomb

Meditite (Evan) Lv. 13 (M)
Sassy
Pure Power
-Bide
-Meditate
-Confusion
-Detect

I decided to try out this Nuzlocke challenge myself on Old Gold. It's been years since I popped this one out, so this may be fun....Or hell. I dunno which. My rules include:

1. TMs are allowed, but only two per Pokemon in a lifetime (Except HMs.)
2. No recovery items in battle, and I can only use recovery items I find.
3. Berries are allowed if the Pokemon holds it.
4. Must attempt to catch the first pokemon of each route. No exceptions.
5. If it faints, it goes in the deathbox for a memorial. If everything faints, game over.

Anyway, intro went by alright. Boy named Darren wakes up around 9:00 and gets summoned to Proffessor Elm's place due to a collegue discovering something, and is promptly sent off on an errand for the lazy Prof. But not before being offered a Pokemon as a bodyguard. Naturally, I pick the one that actually fits the bill there, Totodile, named Tango (He does a little dance before fighting on the Crystal version, I think, so it fit.)

Head off to route 29, and encounter our first pokemon in the wild, a Sentret. Tango seems pleased at this non-threat, and promptly decides to sunder it's tail from the rest of it's body. I grow concerned that I picked a defective pokemon as Tango proudly wears his trophy as a hat on the way to Cherrygrove.

Upon entering Cherrygrove, I'm immediately snared by some loony old man who insists I need a tour. Tango seems to agree, so I politely follow the senile man around town past the Center and Market, the sea, and finally the old man's house. However, he promptly gives me a Pokegear disc that holds a map inside. Nifty.

Route 30 heralds the next new Pokemon, Caterpie. I don't even want to look at what Tango decides to do with this worm, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything left when the Totodile came waddling back. Though, the lack of Pokeballs frustrates me a bit now. Hopefully I can find something useful after running Elm's errand. Speaking of that, I am given an Egg by Mr. Pokemon and sent back to Elm with Oak's Pokedex in hand as well. But I get a call claiming some vandal broke into the Lab and made off with a Pokemon.

After stopping off at the Center, I run into some red-haired punk who seemed to be fleeing from Route 29. He then sends out a Chikorita, who seems ignorant of the punk who captured him and does a cheerful dance. I contemplate how loony my Totodile is by comparison, and think that should have been the one I picked. No matter. Chikorita charges in for a suprise attack after finishing it's little dance, which angers Tango enough to inflict it's rage onto the silly plant. After the vandal tells me his name is Johnny (Really. What criminal tells his name to a passing kid? Sheesh.), I head back to New Bark with the egg in tow, and Tango wearing a new leaf-shaped hat.

Party: Totodile (Tango) Lv. 9
Scratch/Leer/Rage
Held item: Berry
Note: Is a complete and utter loony. Seems to like to wear trophies of battles as hats.

I loved both of your stories Darren and Diana, look forward to reading the rest :D

The team has bravely arrived in Vermillion, leaving behind them an 8ft. pile of corpses that Salem used to train.
I head off to SS.Anne and lowe and behold, I meet my rival! He clearly hasn't been training though, as he got slaughtered effortlessly.
After having Ch'Ding, the chinese Farfetch'd, Cut the way into Surge's gym it becomes quickly apparrent that I'm going to struggle.

A quick trip to Diglett's Cave fixes that, and Surge goes down without a hitch. Although a Critical Quick Attack did almost kill of our newest member, Doug!

The road to Rocky Tunnel yeld a Pidgey, reminding me to go and pick up Airheart!

"By level he's increased, oh, 16."

O_O

Welcome to the team Airheart!

So off we go to Rock Tunnel, on the way I, in true "This ****ing game hates me" fashion a Voltorb which I quickly kill in rage, before heading into the tunnel.
Not wanting to waste a slot on Flash I do this memory, leading to me getting very lost and the only wild pokemon that appeared was a Mankey. You let me down once before, Mankey, never again!
And then... out of no where, as if to avenge George...

"A wild Mankey appeared!
Mankey used Karate Chop!
It's a Critical Hit!
Doug fainted!"

He was so young, so beautiful... Plus I frikkin' taught him Aerial Ace!

:(

I exit the tunnel into the light and my team stands at...

Cleafland Lv.30 Malone Lv.29 Airheart Lv.21 Salem Lv.24 Ch'Ding Lv.8

R.I.P...

George Lv.6 Doug lv.25

Just wondering, where did the term "Nuzlocke" come from?

Also, a little known fact is that you can get 5 free Poke Balls in R/B/Y. You must beat the rival on Route 22 without ever buying or using a Poke Ball. Go back to Oak and he'll give you 5 Poke Balls. Seems like Nintendo decided it was too annoying for this and changed it in Gen II.

I will be doing the Challenge on a hack, pokemon fLLare red, a Fire Red hack based on the LL message boards I go to (they don't exist btw). The hack has new pokemon and harder gym leaders, should be challenging.

I'm going with the only use items you find and only use them in battle(including pokeballs), one pokecenter use per town, one pokemon per area, except if you have already caught a pokemon of the same species you are allowed to run away and until you encounter a new one.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Prologue and Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Chapter Five

As I walk out of the gym with a large smile on my face, my Pokégear rings. It looks like Professor Elm has finally decided to let me have the egg; I hold back from revealing that a togepi's inside and I head to the nearest Pokémart to retrieve the precious pokémon.

After a long walk, it finally hatches, and the white creature pokes his head out. "Welcome to your world, Cream," I tell him when he opens his eyes. Sure, I'm gonna have to train him now if I want him to survive more than a couple of minutes, but I'm not displeased; this species is a rare one and it sure has a lot of potential!

Little by little, Cream grows stronger. No wild pokémon resists him, and rarely do I have to call Sesheta or Adeliz against another trainer; I even manage to use his signature move, Metronome, in a couple of battles, purely for fun! When I feel that he's trained enough, I enter the Union Cave, in order to reach Azalea Town. The zubats fall one after another. Cream's Hypersensory attack proves to be extremely useful against them, and I start to fancy getting a fully evolved togekiss in a bit of time, Air Slashing every opponent and watching them flinch endlessly... A trainer interrupts my thoughts with a bold provocation. I accept the duel without an hesitation, and burst out laughing when he sends out a koffing.

"Ha! Idiot. You won't even have the chance to attack once! Cream, Hypersensory!"

To my surprise, the purple pokémon doesn't faint, although he does seem heavily perturbed by the psychic attack. I notice a smirk on the trainer's face.

"Ok, you will attack once, I was mistaken. So what? What are you going to do? I don't suppose your koffing knows Close Combat, does he?"

"You're right, he doesn't know any fighting move. But I still think I can win this... Poison Gas!"

"You wouldn't..."

My confidence slowly turns into panic as the gas envelops Cream, who coughs repeatedly. He is poisoned, and only has a half of his HPs left.

"NO YOU BASTARD! CREAM, FINISH HIM!"

As soon as the koffing falls on the ground, I take my own pokémon into my arms and start rushing towards the cave's exit, ignoring the trainer's blabler. With each step I take, I feel that Cream's pain intensifies. I slow down... I can see the exit from where I am, but I know that this world's mathematic laws won't let me walk past it with the topegi still alive. I kneel down and try not to think about how short the pokémon's life was and how strong he could have become, and focus instead of the present time, easing his fears as best as I can. When Cream closes his eyes, Adeliz comes out of her Pokéball, as if to comfort me. We silently walk through the cave and reach Azalea Town.

"Cream, I will avenge you. I promise I'll do my best to ensure your life wasn't in vain!"

NOOOO CREAM. Man I felt that sadness...
Cream shouldn't have died!

Curse you Koffing. CURSE YOU

Beat Whitney and Morty, and did the whole Burnt tower thing. My team is proving to be pretty decent, though I'm still lacking a Flyer...

A couple more losses thugho - Scrambled died whilst training against a Ditto that metronomed up a hyper beam, and MadeOfWood, my newly acquired Sudowoodo died due to my poor playing against Morty. I'm not liking the death toll so far :(

To balance the loses, I also got a few new members, most of whom sit in the box. Three have made it into my lineup, however.

Team:

Roids the Machop - Level 15 (Mt. Mortar)
NotScyther the Buterfree - Level 27 (National Park)
Edge the Poliwhirl - Level 26 (Ecruteak City)
Cocknose the Hypno - Level 26 (Route 34)
Andy the Quilava - Level 26 (Starter)
Larry the Ledian - Level 27 (Route 31)

Deceased:
Blargh the Spearow - Level 15 (Route 46)
Huh? the Slowpoke - Level 14 (Slowpoke Well)
Hulk Smash the Geodude - Level 16 (Dark Cave)
Kakaka the Rattata - Level 16 (Sprout Tower)
Wendy the Beedrill - Level 11 (Ilex Forest)
Scrambled the Togepi - Level 9 (Mr. Pokemon's Egg)
MadeOfWood the Sudowoodo - Level 25 (Route 32)

Off to Olivine I go! Gonna train some more in Mt. Mortar first, so Roids is able to help with Jasmine.

"Cream, I will avenge you. I promise I'll do my best to ensure your life wasn't in vain!"
:'( NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A suprisingly uneventful period for me I'm afraid!

Salem evolved getting through the Rocket base and unintentionally became the perfect anti-rival. Thunderbolt for Pidgeotto and Gyarados, Water Pulse for Charmelon (later, Thunderbolt) and Faint Attack for Exxeggcute and Kadabra! He only got one attack off!

After teaching Malone Psychic Erika was, to be frank, slaughtered. She didn't get off a single attack, apart from one Poison Powder!

I decided to give Cleafland some action and took on the dojo, he evolved after the first fight (I swear it was 36 in the originals, but I aint complaining :P) and proceeded to massacre the fighters! I went for Hitmonchan, so no Hitmonlee or Lapras for me!

Welcome to the team Chuck!

I next went and got my self an Eevee, Aqua! Who, as you may have guessed, was promptly evolved into a Vaporeon. After a bit of grinding to learn Bite he kicked ass all the way upto the top of the Pokemon tower, were a few criticals lead to me switching him out for Chuck...

"Koffing used Selfdestruct!
It's a critical hit!"

OVERKILL :(!!

No other catches this journey, all Meowths and Gastly's I'm afraid :(

I now journey onwards to Fushcia city, for to sweep with Malone!

Cleafland Malone Salem Aqua Ch'Ding Airheart
Lv.35 Lv.37 Lv.32 Lv.34 Lv.8 Lv.22

R.I.P

George Doug Chuck
Lv.6 Lv.22 Lv.26

I'm gonna play this on Pokemon Leaf Green. I downloaded a Moemon pack for Leaf Green, so this should be fun. :D

Maybe I'll make it into a story after I get far enough...

So, welcome to the start of my Pokemon Adventure!

Part 1

It all started when i was walking around in the neighborhood. Suddenly, i heard screams coming from the outskirts, and i ran out. There, i found my neighbour, and owner of lab, Prof Rowan! He was being chased by a Zigzagoon!

After looking over the three Pokemon he left behind to see which one would suit me, i took out a Mudkip. He made work of the Zigzagoon in no time!

To thank me, Rowan gave me the Mudkip, which i renamed as Keiryu. With my first pokemon, it's time for my adventure to start!

Part 2

Let us fast forward till the time when i get my first Pokeballs. It made me so happy as i was able to catch Pokemon for once. I walked forward, into a new area, and i searched the wild grass. There... i found a Lotad!

As soon as she reached below half health, i started tossing the Pokeball to ensure that no bad luck will occur. She was captured on first try! Hooray! I inspected her, and finally gave her the name Chloe.

She was my greatest care and joy, and i used her in battles to gain experience. Soon, she was catching up in level with Keiryu, and they were my great pair, ready to demolish anything in sight. Youngsters and Bug Catchers fled...

With one exception.

I regret to say that my journey had almost ended prematurely in a battle with a Youngster with a Zig and a Taillow. I realized that Keiryu was low on health, and Chloe had no attack apart from Astonish, which erm, wasn't useful.

Keiryu removed the Zigzagoon, but now he had trouble. He had a total of 7 HP left. Then, i hit upon a great strategy. I pulled him back, took out Chloe, and asked her to start growling. After 4 times, Taillow's attack was significantly reduced, but Chloe was injured. I pulled her out, and brought Keiryu in. Taillow growled. Whew.

Then, Keiryu Tackled for some damage, while Taillow pecked. 3 HP gone, 4 HP left. Uh oh.

Fortunately, 2 more Tackles left Taillow dead, and Keiryu with 1 HP left. With a cheer of joy, i ran backwards to heal up again! And after a short while, i reached the next town, where the gym leader of my dad awaits.

Part 3

Of course, he was too "strong", so he refused to fight me. My journey continued onwards, where i managed to catch Poochyena before the forest, a Silcoon in the forest itself, and a Marill outside. Yeah!

But then disaster occured. Keiryu was poisoned by a Shroomish's effect spore. Oh no! I panicked, ran a few steps, found that it was blocked by twins. OH DEAR!

Luckily, i remembered i had berries, and used one to cure the poisoning. i took on the twins, and removed their Pokemon without delay.

Next was the pokemon Gym. Rock. I started laughing, as Absorb and Water Gun destroyed the Gym.

The Youngster, the second Youngster, and the Hiker were all demolished without delay. Healing up again, i took upon Roxanne. My brilliant strategy was to use Chloe against the two Geodudes, and Keiryu against Nosepass.

First Geodude, two absorbs, a potion, and one absorb later and he is history. Wow, is the gym that easy? Well yeah, it's rock.

Second Geodude, Chloe laughs and use Absorb, taking down the Geodude to a sliver of his life. Geodude uses Rock Tomb...

and it criticals, doing enough damage to OHKO Chloe.

Chloe...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keiryu, in a fit of rage, OHKOed both Geodude and Nosepass with critical water guns, but the damage has been done. Chloe lay lifeless in the corner, not waking up anymore... after taking the Rock Badge out of the gym, i went outside, digging up a grave... placing Chloe in it...

My dear Chloe
You were my star
You were my hope
What can i do without you?

At last, i rouse myself, and with a heavy heart, i continued upon my journey....

Main Party:

Keiryu - Level 15

Boxed Members:

(Unlikely to be taken out)

RIP...

Chloe - Level 13
You will be missed greatly

Edit:

Part 4

I walked on, to save someone's goods! Woah! This seemed like an important mission on which the fate of the world might well rest! I recovered my courage, and walked on, trying to move forward with Chloe's death.

Before i did however, i took out all my Pokemon from the storage. They might be useful, who knows?

Keiryu evolved into Marshstomp after destroying a person's Machop. Yeah! He was stronger, and more powerful!

Then i met a Lass who had a Shroomish. I started by using Mud Shot, and it took the Shroomish to 3/4 life. He used Absorb, and it restored it to full.

... This can't be happening....

I switch tactics and use Tackle, which does 1/3 damage. Awesome. Shroomish however uses Stun Spore. Keiryu gets paralyzed. This is bad.

Shroomish uses Stun Spore again! Yeah! Another Tackle brings him to red. I can win this... i can win this...

Shroomish uses Stun Spore! I cheer for joy!

Keiryu is full paralyzed! Oh shit.

Shroomish uses Absorb, it's a critical hit, and this is when i realized that letting Keiryu evolved ... caused her death. Sigh.

Well, not only her death, but everyone else as well. Shroomish got restored to full health, and he started killing Mari, Silky, and Bad Dog one after another.

Thus, fully disappointed, i went home.

My Pokemon Adventure has ended.

RIP Team.

Mari - Level 4, Silky - Level 5, Bad Dog - Level 7, Keiryu - Level 16, Chloe - Level 13.

Honestly, when I saw this thread, I knew. I knew that I wouldn't be able to not try this out.
So, using moot's rules, and my copy of Pokemon Ruby, I set off on a pointless, yet inspiring journey across Hoenn. Again.
After saving the imbecile scientist Birch, and rightfully claiming his Treecko (dubbed C.Planet). I set off searching for the girl whom I shall next destroy. I reach her(somehow not running into any Pokes on route 102) and wipe out her pathetic chicken with the wrath of the nimble, green bandit. I promise I shall spare her for five pokeballs. Fearing her life, she graciously hands over the goods. How wonderful it is to be powerful. I obtain a Zigzagoon (HEART) on my way back through Route 102. A scared pedestrian hands me shoes as an offering to the battle god. I laugh and take them.
Next I set off towards Petalburg, finding myself a Poochyana(FIRE?) and tearing through all who try to hinder my voyage. I decide to rest before entering the town, saparing the citzens for another day.

So recap:
Lvl 7 Treecko (C.Planet)
Lvl 7 Zigzagoon (HEART)
Lvl 6 Poochyana (FIRE?)
In Petalburg

After reporting the vandal Johnny to the proper authorities (I.E the one lone cop in Johto.), I hand over the egg to Elm. On the way out, one of his aides rams into me and hands over 5 new pokeballs, which I really wish to fill in. So off I go back past Cherrygrove to move on for the Gym Challenge.

I make a quick stop on the way at Route 46 to the north and encounter a Geodude. After a breif scuffle with Tango, and after warning it constantly that it better not eat this Pokemon, I manage to catch Geodude in a pokeball that I mark as "Flint". He is put immediately to work on the local Rattata population, and is showing promise. We move on after he gets to level 6 back up north past Mr Pokemon's house.

But, as fate would have it, some unfortunate punk kid tried to go at me with his Rattata in hopes of earning some money. Flint quickly crushed the rodent under his stone palm. I almost felt sorry for the kid until I remember he was just fighting with the thing on the way to Mr Pokemon's. I simply shrug off the rest of the kids with the help of Tango and Flint.

I make a quick stop at Dark Cave simply due to curiosity, and less with the fact that Tango smelled his dinner inside. We end up being attacked by a Zubat, which I try to plead with Tango not to eat. Tango did not want to listen. So our team is still a duo. However, we sniff up a Bellsprout on Route 31. Thankfully, Tango was full from his Zubat dinner, and Nectar the Bellsprout joins our team.

We arrive in Violet City intact after some training with Nectar to get him up to speed with the rest of the motley crew of ours. I make a quick note that Violet City has something called the Sprout Tower, which holds multiple trainers with Bellsprout. I glance at my team, realizing that two are weak to grass and the third attacks back with grass. I promptly blame Tango for our upcoming challenge because he just couldn't wait five minutes before munching on that Zubat. Back to training. Hopefully Nectar can pick up the slack before heading in.

Team:

Totodile (Tango) Lv. 11 (Male)
Scratch/Leer/Rage (Sadistic and always hungry)

Geodude (Flint) Lv. 9 (Female)
Tackle/Defense Curl (Calm, yet a bit slow)

Bellsprout (Nectar) Lv. 8 (Male)
Vine Whip/Growth (Is in for a LOT of mirror matches)

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm glad you like it, I'll do another chapter tonight if possible.

I probably need to put more into this but I end up rushing half the time since I always seem to end up writing right when people want the computer too.

Since I don't have time to type fanfics or record my gameplay ATM, I'll just post logs.

Here are the rules I'm following
1. If a pokemon faints, you must release it as soon as possible.
2. You can ONLY catch the first pokemon you encounter in a route/cave/town/area (You get the idea). If you defeat the first pokemon you see, tough shit, you get nothing from this area.
3. Obviously if you run out of pokemon, you must start again.
4. Potions, healing items of any kind infact, are DISALLOWED.
5. Give your pokemon nicknames, for fucks sake! Make them your little babies! CARE FOR THEM!
6. Use Pokeballs only.

After downloading VBA and the Pokemon Blue ROM file, I start the game and name myself Blue(really tempted to name myself Green) and my rival Red. I went to the patch of grass to only get stopped by Professor Oak. In the lab, I selected Bulbasaur and decided to nickname it Lawm Mower (you guys probably have a good idea why I chose him from his nickname).

Before leaving the lab, Red confronts me into a Pokemon battle, at first, I narrowly lost against him. So I was forced to go through everything over again to battle him again. This time I won by just using tackle over and over again. Lawn Mower leveled up, of course.

After that escapade, I trekked through Route 1 to head to Veridian City. I levelled up Lawn Mower on the way there. Then, I went to the Pokemart to get the parcel for Oak. I go back through Route 1 and head back to Pallet town so I can see Professor Oak. Oak gives Red and I a Pokedex and tells us to complete it for him (as if I'll be able to complete it in the Nuzlocke challenge). Red, being an asshole, claims that he'll get a Town Map from his sister and tell her not to give one to me. We all know she'll give it to me anyways. So I go to her house to get it and head back to Veridian City so I can buy myself some Pokeballs.

I went to Route 22 and a level 3 Nidoran M appeared before me. I weakened and caught it; I dubbed him to be Spikey. Then, I went to Route 2 to get approached by a level 4 Rattata. Need I say that I also caught him as well; I did name him rat (how original of me). I then levelled up my Pokemon to level 10 to prepare for my second match against Red.

I went back to Route 22 heading toward Indigo Plateau only to meet up with Red. He states that it's pointless to go there since I don't have all eight badges. Since this is Pokemon, a battle ensues and I was able to kill off both his Pidgey and his Charmander with Spikey, and he got to level 11 for his effort.

I'll post more once I beat Brock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)