Nuzlocke Challenge

This is a sad day :(

A trip down to Fuschia city is where it all began, after catching a Ditto, Optimus, on the way down I decide to hit the Safari Zone. Here I failed to catch a Parasect then I grab the old mans teeth and HM03. I decide now would be a good time to see what i could grab with my Super Rod. Psyduck... well it can use Strength, so why not. Ducklas joined the team! Also a Horsea and a Shellder popped up in other routes/ towns where I caught nothing, neither worth one of my last 2 balls (lolinnuendo).

Now it was time to take on the gym, after a relatively difficult time clearing out the trainers (were their even any Poison types in there!?) I faced off against Kuja.

Malone used Psychic! Koffings fell, Muks fell. He didn't even need his new toy, Substitute.

But then... Weezing. Sleep Powder and Psychic just weren't enough to bring it down. Low on health I switch out Malone and send in Aqua. Vaporeons a wall, he won't go down to a few Sludges... right?

Weezing used Sludge!

Phew, I live. Only took off a third of my health. I use a Super Potion on Malone... but then.

Weezing used Sludge!
It's a critical hit!
Aqua fainted!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

SLEEP POWDER! PSYCHIC! PSYCHIC! PSYCHIC!

:'(

I won the battle... at great cost. Looks like Psyduck will be learning Surf aswell...

Also, I'll be relying on Salem for Blaine and Lance...

This is getting tense!

And as if releasing him wasn't sad enough, I had to go and delete Surf from him aswell! This game is taunting me!

Team at present-

Cleafland Malone Salem Airheart Ducklas Ch'Ding
Lv.37 Lv.39 Lv.36 Lv.22 Lv.23 Lv.8

In the box...

Optimus
Lv.23
R.I.P...

George Lv.6 Doug Lv.22 Chuck Lv.26 Aqua Lv. 37
Death by Weedle Death by Mankey Death by Koffing Death by Weezing

I'm never touching Poison types again!

To Saffron City!

EDIT: Awww hell, Smogon messed up my formatting D:

Pokemon Crystal Nuzlocke Challenge Part 1
1. If a pokemon faints, you must release it as soon as possible.
2. You can ONLY catch the first pokemon you encounter in a route/cave/town/area (You get the idea). If you defeat the first pokemon you see, tough shit, you get nothing from this area.
3. Obviously if you run out of pokemon, you must start again.
4. Potions, healing items of any kind infact, are DISALLOWED.
5. Give your pokemon nicknames, for fucks sake! Make them your little babies! CARE FOR THEM!

“Gold wake up!” my mother screamed from the room below, as I jump from my bed, knowing the big day has arrived. One of the country’s top professors, Elm, has called upon me too assist him. I ran for the door but my mom stopped me, teaching me how to use a phone, as if I didn’t know.

A grey building, marking my future stands before me; nervously I approach it and pull on the door. Nothing happens. Extremely puzzled, I look again and realize it says push, “What an idiot.” I think to myself as I walk towards the back of the lab. Elm approaches me and asks me to run an errand for him. “Really, I walked all the way over here for that!?” “Look, if you go I’ll have to give you a Pokemon to protect yourself, those beasts are dangerous.” “Ok, I’ll do it. Now where’s my pokemon?” “You have a choice of three: This Chikorita I found hiding in a tree trunk, possibly from a Spearow. This Totodile, he’s very vicious he was witnessed clawing the eyes out of an innocent Sentret out of spite. Finally I am in ownership of a Cyndaquil, he’s a scavenger, picking off the remains from others kills, but is a very formidable warrior himself.” “Such a difficult decision, but I’ll take Cyndaquil, Ravage. Ravage the Cyndaquil.” And so the journey begins…

For the first time, I leave New Bark Town on my own. Route 29 lies ahead, then Cherrygrove City, my next resting place. We tread slowly, knowing savage beasts may lurk around any corner. Ravage pokes me with his head, telling me he's hungry, suddenly a Pidgey attacks us. "Dinner." I thought as Ravage unleashed a barrage of blows to the defenseless bird. We chow down afterwards before continuing towards Cherrygrove, upon arrival I rush to the Pokemon Centre to heal Ravage of the wounds he acquired thus far. After being given the green light, we stand looking at Route 30, Mr. Pokemon is somewhere out there, and we will find him!

Worms are quite the delicious snack, and they're definately abundant in this area, they run as we approach, making the path a simple one. We find Mr. Pokemon, and he shows us an egg. Scrumptious. This old guy there also gives me a Pokedex, apparently he "see's" something in me"

Current Team:
Cyndaquil(Ravage) Level 8

Writing this logs is taking a lot of time so from now on it'll be much more straightforward

Part 1: the prologue

"What just happened? I was just playing catch with my bro, something must've hit me on the head." I try to think about this for a minute, then my attention is attracted by a conversation going on downstairs... wait, downstairs?
"Sgt. Sabre, are you ready for your mission?" "Yes Sir" came the reply... funny, that sounded a lot like my dad. What the heck is happening here?

Suddenly I am shocked out of my thought by Mom yelling up, "Light, get down here! Professor Oak just called, and he wants you over at his lab as soon as possible." I proceed downstairs, and am shocked by my mother's different appearance; however, she gives me no time for questions and scoots me out the door, "You know which way to the lab Light." Unfortunately, I rather don't... So I just walk in some dirrection, hoping something will happen.

I almost reach a clump of grass and all of a sudden this guy in a white coat, who I guess to be the Professor, stops me. After rambling about pokemon... pokemon? I don't listen to any more of his speech, wondering how in the world I have ended up in the middle of my favorite video game. Reguardless, I assume that the only way out is to win, so I know what happens next.

After taking me back to his lab I find his grandson, whose name I suggest to be Ian. It seems that either I'm right, or both Oak and Ian have bad cases of amnesia. Anyway, the Prof tells me to pick a pokemon, and there was no doubt in my mind. Scortch(Charmander) it is! Ian shows his anoyying side, elbowing me out of the way so he can get his greedy hands on the squirtle that was eating peacefully. Oak seems to think that that was that, so I started heading out the door... "Wait! We're trainers now, and I'm gonna kick your butt!" cried Ian. Now I'm may not be an aggressive man, but someone talking trash like that deserves to be beaten.

So, after a heated battle, Scortch achieves LV 6, and Ian is whining about his outcold squirtle, "Worthless thing, I must've picked the wrong one." This decleration gave me resolve, I would NEVER lose to someone like that!

Part two: There and back again(mini version)
I decide to head to the next town, and see what adventures. I'm unsettled by the lack of pokemon though, didn't the prof say that there were wild ones around here? Oh well, I make it to town and check out the sights. I notice pokemart, and head there, only to remember that I only have the winnings from that battle with Ian, a paltry 60poke. Still, I decide to check it out.

"Hey You!" I jerk around. "You're from pallet town aren't you?" Man this guy is as redneck as they get... "Take this here parcel to that professor you got down there... err... what's his name?"

"Oak I believe,"(ahh yeah) "Sure I'll take it, but only since I owe the prof one."

I start back, and notice a grass-free route, so I head that way. I get to the lab and, after a long speech, Oak hands me a pokedex, and 5 pokeballs. hmmm, I haven't seen a thing on that first route, let's see what I can catch!

Wandering around, I finally run into a wild rattata. "Scratch!" I yell, and Scortch knocks the ratata around with his claws. All the ratata would do back was wagle his tail. I gathered my strength and threw a pokeball at it, and after shaking around for a while, I caught it. My pokedex then started glowing, and I noticed in the description, "Bites anything when it attacks." hmm, welcome to the team Chomper!

Part 3: eye of the tiger

Ok, I think I'm gonna head on now, but I notice some of the people are complaining about poison faiting their pokemon, and I don't think that would suite me. So I begin training. I notice that, while Scortch is getting along well, Chomper is looking a little low on strength. So I get Scorth strong enough to take on anything here, and then started training chomper.

While I was train, I notice an unsettling attitude in the pokecenter near by, a haunt of mine while I train. "We hope to see you again..." what's that mean? Do they WANT my pokemon to get hurt? oh well.

After a while I get both of my pokemon do a decent level of strength, and start looking around. I notice a route to the west, and head in that direction. in the grass I am met with a mankey, or so says my pokedex. All I know is that it took an ember from charmander and could barely stand. I thought about the famous karate king Jackie Chan, and thus he was named JackieChan. I also thought about chuck norris, but I was sick of that name, so I moved on, training as I went

Pokemon Team

Scortch LV 10

Chomper LV 10

JackieChan LV 6(lving atm)

what do you guys think?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[22:13] <Accent> man dragonair
[22:13] <Kannon> three days ago
[22:13] <Accent> you better not lose him
[22:13] <Kannon> I caught it as a dragonair
[22:13] <Kannon> I won't
[22:13] <ete> pika parad me
[22:13] <Kannon> no sir
[22:13] <iss> Current team: Monferno 23/ Kadabra 22/ Budew 22/ Bidoof 3
[22:13] <Kannon> no one goes home in a casket
taken from #nuzlocke.

I'll do a comic first thing tomorrow morning, I promise!

I've started playing Yellow (Pokemon Stadium 2's Dodrio Tower makes going quick), and I was thinking... is it legal to use the Mew Glitch to catch a Pokemon, as long as it's still the first Pokemon for that route, I don't use revives or potions or buy anything?

Whats a slutty Butterfree's favourite movie?

Home Alone!

Get it? Ho-Malone? Eh? Okay, okay I'll stick to Pokemon.

After an easy climb of the Silph tower, I face off against Nobody.

It was a surprsingly eventful battle to say it was against Nobody, rather than Somebody, or Anybody Even!

Malone was, as always, the star of the show. Sleep Powder, Substitute, Psychic spam. Pidgeot goes down and with the assistance of Salem, so to does Charizard. Salem proceeds to feast on the innards of the rest of his team.

Giovanni was a cinch, Malone sweep.

Sabrina went less swimmingly. If only I'd caught a Steel or ark type earlier :(

Alakazam used Psychic!
The substitute took damage for Malone!
The substitute faded!

Not fast enough to put up another, or to put it to Sleep, I go to switch.

While in retrospect I should have sacrificed Airheart, I wasn't thinking like that! Incomes the defensive powerhouse of the team, Cleafland! After taking the Psychic I figure I can stall out his PP with Hyper Potions. But that bastard is clever. Psychic left me on 46 HP, so Hyper Potion restored enough. But a Future Sight messed that up :(

Salem finished the job, a tear running down his cheek...

This made me think. I now have 2 usable pokemon. Thinking of the Elite Four I think Salem can take out Lance if I teach him Ice Beam. Agatha will fall to a Psychic sweep from Malone. Bruno the same, with Giga Drain for Onix. So Lorelei is the problem. I'll think about that as I go, hopefully I'll catch a Growlithe in the Pokemon mansion. Nobody should be difficult, apart from Nobody anyway.

What do you mean its not funny yet!?

Anywho, Pidgeot is dead to Ice Beam/Thunderbolt, Gyarados falls to Thunderbolt, I'll have no trouble getting a Water type to beat Charizard and Exxegutor shouldn't be too hard for an Ice Beam spam. I forget what else he has, which is not good <_<.

As for Blaine, I'll hit the Seafoam Islands and hope for a Seel or something. Giovanni will be easy.

Now, I have 2 water routes, the Seafoam island, the 2 parts of Victory Road and the Pokemon mansion. I also have 2 Great Ball, an Ultra Ball and a Master Ball. Theres nothing good on the bonus islands, but I will be getting Aerodactyl in a minute.

Time to plan!

Team at present...

Malone Lv.45

Salem Lv.43

Ch'Ding Lv.8

Ducklas Lv.23

Optimus Lv.23

Airheart In the Day care centre

And in the graveyard....

George Lv.6 Death by Weedle

Chuck Lv.26 Death by Koffing

Aqua Lv.37 Death By Weezing

Cleafland Lv.45 Death by Alakazam

Get it? Team at present, then I used old sprites?

Screw you, this was golden <_<

Prologue and Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Chapter Five

As I walk out of the gym with a large smile on my face, my Pokégear rings. It looks like Professor Elm has finally decided to let me have the egg; I hold back from revealing that a togepi's inside and I head to the nearest Pokémart to retrieve the precious pokémon.

After a long walk, it finally hatches, and the white creature pokes his head out. "Welcome to your world, Cream," I tell him when he opens his eyes. Sure, I'm gonna have to train him now if I want him to survive more than a couple of minutes, but I'm not displeased; this species is a rare one and it sure has a lot of potential!

Little by little, Cream grows stronger. No wild pokémon resists him, and rarely do I have to call Sesheta or Adeliz against another trainer; I even manage to use his signature move, Metronome, in a couple of battles, purely for fun! When I feel that he's trained enough, I enter the Union Cave, in order to reach Azalea Town. The zubats fall one after another. Cream's Hypersensory attack proves to be extremely useful against them, and I start to fancy getting a fully evolved togekiss in a bit of time, Air Slashing every opponent and watching them flinch endlessly... A trainer interrupts my thoughts with a bold provocation. I accept the duel without an hesitation, and burst out laughing when he sends out a koffing.

"Ha! Idiot. You won't even have the chance to attack once! Cream, Hypersensory!"

To my surprise, the purple pokémon doesn't faint, although he does seem heavily perturbed by the psychic attack. I notice a smirk on the trainer's face.

"Ok, you will attack once, I was mistaken. So what? What are you going to do? I don't suppose your koffing knows Close Combat, does he?"

"You're right, he doesn't know any fighting move. But I still think I can win this... Poison Gas!"

"You wouldn't..."

My confidence slowly turns into panic as the gas envelops Cream, who coughs repeatedly. He is poisoned, and only has a half of his HPs left.

"NO YOU BASTARD! CREAM, FINISH HIM!"

As soon as the koffing falls on the ground, I take my own pokémon into my arms and start rushing towards the cave's exit, ignoring the trainer's blabber. With each step I take, I feel that Cream's pain intensifies. I slow down... I can see the exit from where I am, but I know that this world's mathematic laws won't let me walk past it with the topegi still alive. I kneel down and try not to think about how short the pokémon's life was and how strong he could have become, and focus instead of the present time, easing his fears as best as I can. When Cream closes his eyes, Adeliz comes out of her Pokéball, as if to comfort me. We silently walk through the cave and reach Azalea Town.

"Cream, I will avenge you. I promise I'll do my best to ensure your life wasn't in vain!"

Current team:
Adeliz, level 13 female sneasel
Sesheta, level 12 female ekans
RIP:
Cream, male togepi

Current team:
Adeliz, level 13 female sneasel
Sesheta, level 12 female ekans
Heliwhim, level 6 male hoppip
RIP:
Cream, male togepi

After training up Nectar a bit, I head into the Sprout Tower with Tango the Totodile and Flint the Geodude in tow. I have a strong feeling that the latter two would be dead weight here, so I think a bit of switch training would be good for them.

I just enter and approach the first of the sages when I feel something behind me, turning quickly to spot a Ghastly. Nectar charges in, whipping at the mist as I chuck a ball. Ryoko the Ghastly is then a member of the team. I head back to heal at the Center and begin training our newest recruit. Perhaps she can be useful later on.

It turns out that later is now. Ryoko's wily charms of hypnosis and resistance to the Bellsprout population of Sprout Tower turn out to be a godsend. However, that changes as I keep battling up the tower. Nectar's low amount of PP for Vine Whip turn out to be a problem, as only half my team can take the other Bellsprout. However, Ryoko quickly learns Spite. With the sages reduced to nothing but Struggling Bellsprouts, even Flint and Tango get their training. Tango seems giddy as ever, as it promptly decides to devour the first Spited Bellsprout and still demand more.

I came across the Head Sage at the top of the tower battling Johnny, and losing. He seems to be giving out HMs to the winners of the Sage Challenge. I step up, ignoring Johnny's comments as I send out Ryoko against his Bellsprout. Ryoko continues the plan we had previously come up with, Spiting away the dangerous Vine Whip so that Tango and Flint can come in to batter them. The Sage then sent out a powerful Hoothoot, a strong owl that threatened Ryoko due to Foresight. A fierce scuffle between Tango and Hoothoot took place, Tango barely holding on (5 health) to deliver the final blow. Our team then left the Sprout Tower with the blessing of Sage Li and HM 5.

We came across Falkner's Gym, knowing the roles reversed and Tango/Flint would have to take center stage. By this time, Flint had learned how to rip it's fingers off to hurl at the birds, quickly bringing each down before approaching Falkner's Pidgey. The bird quickly was buried under a hail of thrown rocks as Pidgeotto appeared, throwing mud in Flint's face, blinding it as it hurled rocks wildly, barely clipping the bird. Tango came to the rescue of Flint, shooting a powerful stream of water at Falkner's prized bird, bringing it down.

We then left Violet City with plenty of prizes. We had aqquired a new badge, an HM, a new partner in Ryoko, and yes, a new feather-coated hat for Tango. Though I'm still mad at him for eating that Zubat.

Team:
Totodile (Tango) L.13 (M)
Scratch/Leer/Rage/Water Gun (Eats everything)

Geodude (Flint) L.12 (F)
Tackle/Defense Curl/Rock Throw (Stoic, yet slow and dumb)

Bellsprout (Nectar) L.10 (M)
Vine Whip/Growth (As smart and strong as a sack of bricks)

Ghastly (Ryoko) L.10 (F)
Lick/Hypnosis/Spite (Wily and sneaky)

This update will be a bit shorter, and I considered only editting it in, but it's been long enough that it should be fine

Part 4: Flyin' high!

As I finnish my training with Jackie I take a look at my team, proud that I've made this much progress. "No," I repeated to myself, "I'll never lose to the likes of Ian."

With that I press on into the night, and come upon route 102. A strange building loomed in front, and I felt uneasy going forward, all the horror stories of pokemon dying to poison... But then Charmander popped out and conforted me. I have no clue how it new when to do so, but it fealt re-assuring. We made out way forward, just me and charmander, when a wild pidgey popped out of nowhere! Before I had even given the word, charmander sprang to my deffense, scratching the pidgey, and taking a takle like noone else could. I promptly threw a pokeball, thinking that perhaps Charmander might try to defend me TOO much. After I caught it, I nicknamed it AirAce, and began to train again.

I fealt an underlying tension in my team. Mostly geared toward Charmander. The others seemed to remember how viciously he had defended me, and by extention attacked them. I pulled the whole team aside and looked at them all, telling them to look at each other as well. "This is your family now. You guys shouldn't be fighting each other, and you shouldn't be scared of each other. You should be fighting FOR each other, and to defend one-another." After the best mini-speech I could think of, the team seemed to understand, and so we moved forward.

Into Virindian forest we delved, and nothing could withstand us. Unfortunately that went for wild pokemon as well. I encountered a Caterpie on the journey, and told Charmander to scratch, but this time the damage looked more severe, and the caterpie fell to the ground, like so many others I had seen. I knew that it would wake up in a few short hours, but I had not the time to wait, so I continued.

Several trainers attempted to use various poison attacks against me, but none of them got the chance, Charmander was too quick. After many wrong turns and a great deal of indecision, we finally escaped. I breathed a sigh of releaf, no poison, no worries

Part 5: First blood

I advanced from the forest, andmade my way steadily towards Pewter City, which I knew was only a few miles ahead. I did not get there, however, before I encountered another wild caterpie. I told Charmander to be careful this time, seeing as I DID want this guy to join my team. He followed the orders, and POWDER joined the team.

The joy, however, was short lived. After only a few training battles, I meet a rather weak looking pidgey. We trade takles, and I can tell that the pidgey is almost out, but I know that POWDER is getting that way as well. I give the order to attack again, but doubt fills my heart. "Should I have switched?" Caterpie hit with tackle, and Pidgey went flying. Crossing my fingers I hoped that the hit would knock it out, but no. The pidgey came flying back, faster than I had ever thought possible, and smashed into caterpie's body like a truck. I caught a glimpse of caterpie's face as she flew, terribly sad, yet dissapointed that she couldn't do more.

I couldn't do anything but stare and cry, wondering why I didn't switch pokemon, when all of a sudden I realize that Scortch is no longer in his pokeball. He had ripped the pidgey apart, and proceeded to do so to every pokemon that crossed his path. I couldn't believe the power he showed, but it was a bitter power, from rage at what had happened.

"Stop Scortch, it's over." He swipes one more pidgey, then looks back, tears filling his eyes, and all of a sudden a blinding light came. "WHAT'S HAPPENING?!?!" I hear charmander squealing, like he is in pain. I fear that an ultra powerful pokemon has attacked him, and try to get to him, but before I do I hear a new call. Suddenly the light vanished, and once my eyes had re-adjusted I saw a new pokemon, but no sign of charmander. It came up to me slowly, "meleon?" I reach for my pokedex and look up this new pokemon. It says that the name is charmeleon, and it's the evolved form of Charmander.

"Scortch?" I ask tentively. The charmander nods vigorously, and shows off its new body. I summon the rest of the team to have a look, and they're all impressed. However, Scortch didn't want the attention, instead he pointed to the limp body of caterpie. I went over to take a look at my faithful pokemon, and realized that, while still breathing, Powder would never be able to battle again. I take everyone to the pokecenter, holding the limp body of caterpie in my arms. The nurse gasped and rushed to my aid, and proceeded to apply all of her techniques of healing. Caterpie eventualy revived, but couldn't move enough to battle. I didn't know what to do, I could never release it back into the wild, but I couldn't have it battle with me. The nurse told me of the PC Boxes, so that is where Powder now rests, forever.

Part 6: Rock, meet Jackie

For the next few days I couldn't do anything, I considered just heading back to Pallet town and living there, but something in my body stirred, "and let people like Ian be better than you?" Yes, I am afraid that the desire to be better than anyone else is what truly got me back on my feet. So I went over to the gym in town, and faught the first kid. JackieChan made light work of the geodude, but the Sandshrew was anoyying. Eventualy it was AirAce, and his keen eyes that brought down the sand flinging little pokemon. I was afraid, however, that my team was not up to the standards of Brock. So I went back to train some more, though always avoiding the spot where POWDER fell.

Eventualy I get to a point where I think we have a good shot, and head in to face Brock. Things go well against the goedude, and I get ready to coach Jackie through facing onix. I know that the onix is stronger, but I still think that Jackie's fighting moves will pull it out.

"LOW KICK!" I order in as loud a voice as I can muster, and JackieChan zips from his position, and completely unfoots... unrocks? untails? the Onix(critical hit) and brings victory to the team!

"I took you for granted, so I lost. As proof of your victory, I offer you this... the official POKeMONLEAGUE BOULDERBADGE!" Those words rang through my ears. Pride welled up at what my team had acomplished, and I almost didn't notice when he handed me this strange CD like object, along with a reader, saying that it is a TM that will do some damage and slow down the foe. Sounds useful, but I don't know that I want to use it, just yet. After all, his warning said that you can only use a TM once.

Team

Scortch LV 16

JackieChan LV 14

AirAce LV 10

Chomper LV 10

R.I.P

POWDER LV 4

I am currently doing this in Gen 3. I wiped in fire red, because apparently poison sting has a 100$ poison rate and, of course, one my last pokemon was beedrill I face a mother fucker spearow...who then crits me twice.

Doin well in ruby. If I get the gumption to favor you randoms, ingrates and mootles with tales of bravery, despair, a man versus himself and a man becoming all too close with his pokemon I will regale you with the odyssey of a lifetime.

PS Fuck you abra in the cave in ruby that also has makuhita and aron. FUCK

Edit: accent did you use pokewalker for your sneasel so early in game? Sorry if I missed the answer. Shit man you're way more organized than I am on this...perhaps it's because you give half a shit and I don't really? I dunno, PM me about it or something man.

Going Uphill
Continuing on with my journey to become a Pokemon Master, we join our hero outside of Petalburg.
Recently, we left off with only a Treecko (Captain Planet), Zigzagoon (HEART), and Poochyena (FIRE?); what will happen this episode? Who will join or leave the team? Will we be able to gain our first gym badge-or will we lose it all? The suspense!
Anyway, I checked in with Daddy and helped Wally catch a Ralts. (And all I got was a Poochyena T_T.) On Route 104, I criticalled a Taillow, which would've been great against Brawley. Oh well, maybe I can snag one in the forest.

Wild Zigzagoon appeared!

Shit, could've been a Slakoth, or Shroomish, or even another Taillow, but no, I get another damn racoon-thing. Well there's a chance I could get one behind the flower shop up ahead!

Wild Zigzagoon appeared!

I really didn't expect that to work anyway, instead I get about 14 EXP. points. Woo.
Fought the two trainers up ahead (and nearly lost 0_0) and went on into Rustboro, the boring brownish-gray town. After getting cut, and before slaughtering Roxanne with the Bullet Seed I just to Captain Planet, I head north to train my puppies in the grass. Although I have an ulterior motive. Nincada. I want one. With the lack of pokeballs in this run, two evolutions in one is mighty handy (even if they both kinda suck).

Wild Nincada appeared!

:D

HEART used cut! Critical hit!

D:

Nincada used Leech Life!

WHEW!

With a Nincada (EARTH) in hand, I feel confident enough to wipe out Roxanne. Which Captain Planet does without fail, in fact he wasn't even hit once. Treecko is win.

Going Downhill

I then save Peeko, DEVON company and get to Dewford. Lemme just tell you something.

I hate this part.

Seriously, I'm always underleveled, and I never have a good counter to Brawley's damn fighting types. *sigh* Off to Granite Cave. I catch a Makuhita named Pop-Eye and deliver the letter to Steven and spend an hour trying to get Pop-Eye and EARTH to an acceptable level to attempt to take out Brawley. Eventually I give up and then have an epiphany!
"Now that I have the Good Rod, I can fish in ponds back on the mainland!" The only place I was allowed to catch pokemon at, however, was Petalburg.
So I took the boat ride back, tossed in my rod in and...

Wild Magikarp appeared!

Well, what could I say. I didn't really expect them to let me get anything better.
"Hell, it's even Relaxed, that sucks. Guess I'll name it WATER...(yes those periods are part of her name)"
Well, whatever. Let's try the gym.
On the first battle, I misjudged how many Howls it would take to ensure an OHKO on the Meditite. FIRE? got "Bided" to death.

FATALITY!

Second battle, EARTH wiped the floor with the dude's Machop.

Third battle I made the same mistake I did on the first. I accidentally hit Meditite after it used Bide. No biggie, right? Anything can take one Bide after that.

Except it was a critical hit, and only lost half of it's health of course.

In my despair I send in the one pokemon I could rely on to take the hit.

Magikarp.

And it survived.It actually took the Bide and lived...to take another Bide and die. (never liked her anyway)

FATALITY!

Small recap:

Alive:
Treecko (Modest)
Makuhita (Quiet)
Nincada (Impish)
Zigzagoon(Jolly)

Dead:
Poochyena(Lax)
Magikarp(Relaxed)

I'm going to do one on leaf green. Ruleset is

1: Only capture the first pokemon found in a given area
2: Nickname every pokemon
3: A pokemon that faints goes into the last box never to be used again (for narative purposes I am going to except rival battles from this)
4: No purchasing items other than pokeballs, antidotes, and basic potions. Pickup and found items are permitted.

"So, I can't tell you my name, but I can give you my codename. I am known as Paladin. I am with the group known as OPL, the Organization for Pokemon Liberation. We are a secret group, backed by researchers, contest organizers, and those in medicine. Or state goal is to end these barbaric pit fights known as pokemon battles. Our pokemon are trained to deal sublethal stagering blows, to keep the enslaved animals from being used to defend their masters, and then, we execute the offending battlers. Because we loathe to risk needless lives, but recognize the need for our own battling pokemon we permit ourselves one pokemon per route or cave. To start our Crusade avenger and I were each issued a powerful pokemon. Bulbasaur (Knight) for myself and my partner and rival Avenger was issued a Charmander. I lost my first contest, but thankfully Avenger shares my training. I fear for the future though, but nevermind that, we have a crusade to get on."

Page one of Paladin's journal

Team: Knight Bulbasaur lvl 5: Bold: Tackle, growl (seriously, after losing 3 consecutive battles with bold bulbasaurs I'm just gonna get on with it.)

I'm going to do this in FireRed with Morm's rules, since I'm way too much of a pussy to do moots. I might edit this with the 'Prologue'

Is anyone doing this while using the items you find? Without items at all is way too hard, so I guess using the ones you pikc up would be fair. I'm hoping to start it on either gen 1, 2 or 3 games. Diamond I may attempt but it's way too slow for my liking.

Morm (i don't know if i should call you kitten b. or something now?), I swapped the normal starter (totodile) for a level 5 sneasel with pokésav. I gave it normal stats and moves and the same IVs as totodile.

As for the organisation... i don't know, I just check the thread and the biggest part of the work was doing the first recap, now i just have to add/remove some.

BY THE WAY in case some of you didn't know there is now an 'official' nuzlocke channel:

#nuzlocke in irc.synirc.net (same as #smogon and #stark etc)

Hi! I've resumed my Nuzlocke run, and I'm now catching up my story from the log I kept in my journal. ^_^

Parts 1-3
Part 4

Part 5

‘You must be Kotone! I’m Mr. Pokémon,’ he greets, and tells me about his discovery. He hands me the Pokémon Egg which he enthuses about profusely for a little while. ‘It’s special! I got tit from a friend in Ecruteak. Please take it back to Professor Elm!’

‘Um, Mr. Pokémon,’ I say anxiously, ‘Mekkah here got injured in battle… Do you know how I can help him?’

‘Ah!’ he says, peering down at the dizzy Mekkah. ‘Yes, quite.’ I surrender Mekkah to him and he administers several medicines, and it is with renewed vigor that my Pokémon scurries back to me.

‘Thanks!’

Then the white-coated scientist, who ha been watching silently, stands up and comes over to meet me. ‘I’m Professor Oak,’ he introduces himself, and I nearly fall over backwards. The Pokémon Professor! Then he catches sight of Mekkah, and lets out an exclamation. ‘It’s a rare Pokémon! Did Professor Elm give you this?’

I nod mutely, a bit starstruck. However, Prof. Oak seems unfazed by my shyness, and takes a look at Mekkah, who is enjoying the attention. After awhile, he says, ‘I think you’re the Trainer I need to take on this task… to record data on all the Pokémon in the world!’

Well, it’s certainly no small ask for a thirteen-year-old who just got her first Pokémon, but I’m not complaining as he hands me a little red device. He flips it open for me and it launches into an introduction. ‘This,’ Oak interrupts it, ‘is the latest prototype of the PokéDex! It stores information on all Pokémon you see and capture, and I’d be very happy if you would go on a journey and try to catch ‘em all. Your Mekkah seems to be thriving now he’s been healed, and I’m always on the look out for… young and… blossoming… Trainers with potential.’ He eyes me for a moment.

‘Thank you,’ I say, and I notice that it’s already recorded data on the Cyndaquil species, including its height and weight. With that, though, Professor Oak picks up his briefcase, and farewells us ruefully on the pretext that he has a radio show to host.

I open the door and come back out into the afternoon, which is still quite golden. Mekkah hurries behind me, and we travel through the fields with little incident. I can’t help but feel a bit drowsy in the height of the day, so I stop running and walk slowly; without the thud of my shoes hitting the ground every minute, I seem to be apprehended much less often. This is true again as I re-enter Cherrygrove; no old men accost me, which I must admit is an improvement on the last time, though I did score neat shoes.

Mekkah has sustained little damage, so I don’t feel the need to take him to the PokéCentre near the exit of town. I begin to make my way out of town, but suddenly, I stop. A scarlet-haired young man is striding right towards me, and I step to the side to make way. At the sight of Mekkah and me, though, his expression changes from arrogantly bored to a scornful sneer.

‘You look too weak to have a Pokémon, so your Pokémon must be weak, too,’ he scoffs. I bristle, and Mekkah’s flames seem to burn more brightly. He notices this and laughs. ‘Don’t you get it? I, too, have a new strong Pokémon!’

He pulls out his PokéBall without any more notice, and I realise in shock he’s challenging me. My first Trainer battle! Unnecessarily, I cry out, ‘Go, Mekkah!’, and Mekkah runs forward. To my distress, the mysterious passerby sends out a Totodile, which I know matches up well against my Fire-type companion.

‘Use Tackle!’ I shout out; at the very same time, my opponent commands the Totodile to use Scratch. Mekkah, who seems worked up over the insults, charges at Totodile and slams into him; Totodile reels back from my critical hit.

‘Move, you stupid thing!’ snaps the ginger, and Totodile runs towards Mekkah and claws him. Totodile’s claws are terribly sharp, and Mekkah winces in pain. At my urging, though, he attacks Totodile again, only to take another Scratch. Mekkah is now weak, but so is Totodile; both Pokémon look like they are struggling to stay on their feet. I can’t lose to this guy, and I can’t let Mekkah faint!

Dewford episode:

I managed to win with Lil'Mac the Makuhita in the end. Claws the Nincada also went down, but he wasnt important so he doesnt get a panel.

What made it worse was the fact that it was Azumarill's second battle :(

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[13:29] <iss> NO
[13:29] <iss> bite+swagger killed kadabra
[13:29] <iss> monferno can't beat gyara, or i think
[13:29] <iss> monferno fainted
[13:29] <iss> game over
[13:30] <iss> i lose
[13:30] <iss> everything died
[13:31] <iss> hax
[13:31] <Zy> THAT'S WHAT YOU GET
[13:31] <Dracoyoshi8> do you have something in the box?
[13:31] <Zy> I TOLD YOU
[13:31] <Zy> EVENLY TRAIN YOUR MONS
[13:31] <Zy> BUT NO
[13:31] * iss commits suicide
WHAT IS THIS SWEET TASTE IN MY MOUTH? OH YEAH VICTORY.

Part 2
Part 3 and 4

Part 5 for your viewing pleasure

I just want to say, loving the drawings ZystraL :P

I may attempt this, just trying to figure out which game it will be easiest with XD. It's all luck anyway though. I'd get rid of the stupid pokeball rule though :/

I'll do this with Platinum

Part 1:

I choose CHIMCHAR since it pwns, I later name it MIXAPE

MIXAPE has Rash nature and a 21-31 speed IV. win. Darn my Atk and SpA IVs suck...

Piplup gets owned by my mass scratches

as those this wild bidoof.

yay Return

Hey dawn I know what a pokecenter is

lalalalalala

I beat the first trainer with ease... growling my Ember spamming chimchar...

I beat the 2nd trainer with as much ease..

Lol Burmy? that 3rd trainer was easy

I still have yet to have a wild encounter..

YEAHHHHHH SHINX

He's gonna be called SEXY

Darn relaxed nature... could be worse... I mean it does hve intimidate

Part 2:

I deliver the Parcel, lalalala

Yay Poketch

I never felt like updating after #5, but I think you'd all might like to know but I got my ass handed to me by a trainer's milotic because my starter died to the flying gym leader.

bawwwww

Part 1

Part 2!

Currently:
Team:
-Bulbasaur (Pallet town), Cut lvl 14 Tackle/Vinewhip/Growl/Leech seed
-Beedrill (Viridian forest), Stingstung lvl 14 Fury attack/Poison sting/Harden/String shot
-Zubat (Mount moon), Zuzu lvl 7 Astonish/Leech life

Dead:
-Rattatta (Route 2), Teeths died due to a tackle from onix.
-Mankey (Route 22), Pignose died due a crit peck from spearow.
-Nidoran-F (Route 3), Nidonido died due a pound from jigglypuff.

Well Mount moon was rough, I hate to use m'escape rope just before the pokénerd because all my pokemon had only like 10 Hp left. But on the bright side, Cut evolved into a Ivysaur! And learned the awesome moves Leech seed and Sleep powder.

As I obtained my Helix fossil, I left mount moon (I wanted a paras or geodude so bad T_T), seems like this as well. Is turning into a poison theme.

On route 4 I caught a stronge naive spearow...

Spearow lvl 15: 8 hp left
Mankey lvl 14
No problem
Mankey used low kick!
A critical hit!
Spearow fainted

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuu-

Not only did it outsped, it also managed to land a crit. Goodbye spearow...

Btw, Zuzu learned bite and supersonic and Ivysaur learned razor leaf whilst grinding, so I left to battle Sucker (Reason why I needed to grind in the first place stupid pidgeotto) Luckily hax loved me, not only did supersonic hit, but Pidgeotto also hit hitself two times, then got flinched another two times by Zuzu, love ya Zuzu<3.

Anywho, so after beating Sucker (His Abra sucks btw, seriously only teleport at lvl 16?), I left for the nugget bridge after a quick heal at the P.C. After the first Team Rocket encounter, I went to the grassy part there and found a weedle, a fucking weedle. Got pissed and just ran away, now that I think about it... Maybe I could've used it as a meatshield... But Stingstung learned Twinneedle in return, so no fear for the gym.

Then the unavoidable happened...

Zuzu used bite.
Slowbro got damaged
Slowbro used water gun
(Ok no fear, slowbro hasn't got confusion...)
Zuzu used bite.
Slowbro got damaged
Slowbro used confusion.
Fuck.
Zuzu fainted

Fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu-

And now with only two pokemon left: Cut & Stingstung. It's going to be hard, good thing they're both lvl 22 and can take on the gym.

Cut and Stingstung swept the gym, Cut took out staryu and Stingstung owned Starmie with a twinneedle attack. After this, I obtained the Dig TM and caught a Meowth on route 5 which I named Alek, which I decided to train (As well as my only flash user >.>), my hopes for the little guy is high though.

At the moment on Route 6, hoping to find an oddish or Meowth. But you nevery know. See ya.

Team:
, Cut lvl 23 Tackle/Razorleaf/Leech seed/Sleep powder
, Stingstung lvl 22 Twinneedle/Fury attack/Poison sting/Focus energy
, Alek lvl 14 Scratch/Bite/Growl

Dead:
, Teeths lvl 4 Tackle/Tail whip
, Pignose lvl 12 Karate chop/Scratch/Low kick/Leer
, Nidonido lvl 6 Scratch/Growl
, Sped lvl 11 Peck/Growl/Leer
, Zuzu lvl 19 Bite/Leech life/Astonish/Supersonic

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Chapter 1: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2559937&postcount=167

Chapter 2: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2560783&postcount=178

Chapter 3: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2561945&postcount=188

Chapter 4: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2563012&postcount=197

Chapter 5: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2564519&postcount=210

Sorry for the delay, but chapter 6 is finally here.

Cycling Road... I have to admit, it was a fun ride, though it scared Sam beyond belief. Maybe I was going too fast for him... It was hard not to on that steep hill. Whatever ended up happening, they did a good job at building it.

I wasn't satisfied to just do that, so I rode down to the area underneath to explore. After using my only Pokeball to get a Ponyta that I named Carlos, mainly just to be a backup to Sam in case the worst happened, I went as far as I could go. I was surprised to see a cave there.

I called Sam back and let Hitomi take over again, letting its Flash light up the cave. It was a deep cave with a ton of boulders, and I got off my bike to explore more easily. The small Pokemon clung to my leg as we went farther in, eventually hearing some crying farther in.

I soon found myself finding the cause: A small, pink-haired girl. I walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her. "Are you lost?"

She looked up at me with teary eyes and nodded. "Y... Yes... Mira came into the cave and Mira is lost..."

I had to smile at the girl. "Come on... Let's try to get you out of here." She clung to me almost like Budew did, and I couldn't help but wonder if this was what being a mother felt like. The shocking part was that she had a seriously strong Pokemon with her, a Kadabra, which even had a TM move in Shock Wave. She had some serious talent...

After a bit of exploring, we managed to find our way out without any major problems. (Note: I had Sam out with Kadabra against a Geodude, and I had one of those "I'm gonna die" feelings and switched Tori into a Magnitude 10... which she's immune to. I am so proud right now.) That Kadabra was seriously better than the Chansey from earlier... Anyway, she thanked me and seemed to feel safe heading back to town herself, despite me not wanting her to, and I decided to head farther south to try to find the next town.

My team:

Monferno (Sam) Lv. 21 (M)
Bold
Blaze
-Scratch
-Mach Punch
-Flame Wheel
-Taunt

Staravia (Tori) Lv. 21 (F)
Mild
Intimidate
-Tackle
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack

Bibarel (Chase) Lv. 21 (M)
Bold
Unaware
-Headbutt
-Rollout
-Water Gun
-Rock Smash

Geodude (Kaede) Lv. 22 (F)
Serious
Sturdy
-Tackle
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Rock Polish

Machop (Amaya) Lv. 22 (F)
Naive
No Guard
-Low Kick
-Revenge
-Seismic Toss
-Karate Chop

Budew (Hitomi) Lv. 22 (F)
Quiet
Natural Cure
-Mega Drain
-Flash
-Cut
-Stun Spore

In box:

Starly (Kai) Lv. 2 (M)
Modest
Keen Eye
-Tackle
-Growl

Buizel (Colette) Lv. 9 (F)
Lonely
Swift Swim
-Growl
-Water Sport
-Quick Attack
-Water Gun

Shellos (Melo) Lv. 11 (M)
Lax
Storm Drain
-Mud Sport
-Harden
-Water Pulse
-Mud Bomb

Meditite (Evan) Lv. 13 (M)
Sassy
Pure Power
-Bide
-Meditate
-Confusion
-Detect

Ponyta (Carlos) Lv. 15 (M)
Careful
Run Away
-Tackle
-Growl
-Tail Whip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)