Nuzlocke Challenge

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
for everyone asking about reviving: you define your own rules, but you can't really revive the dead. you could catch a ghost and nickname it the same as a dead pkmn and pretend it's the same, but once something dies it generally stays that way. it kind of ruins the spirit of nuzlocke if you're reviving pkmn because then you sort of take the monsters more for granted than you would if they died immediately upon fainting. again, it's really up to you in the end, but imo it ruins the experience and makes the game worlds less fun.

A quick copy-paste update because i'm WAY behind schedule!

Chapter Zero: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3357/nuzlockesa1.jpg
Chapter One: http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1372/nuzlockesa231.jpg
Chapter Two: http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3660/nuzlockesa3b.jpg
Chapter Three: http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/6537/nuzlockesa4.jpg
Chapter Four: http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3877/nuzlockesa51.jpg

I will try doing chapter five today ^_^! Feedback?

EDIT: Thanks Lightsabre, I edited the links ^_^!

ok, I'm dumping that idea. I was not including pick-up stuff fyi, but I took this chalenge for fun, no need to ruin it.

btw, Uni. 1 and 2 didn't show up, not sure if that's just me or the link

I will be taking up this challenge in soul silver. Only difference is I pokesav'd chikorita and turned into a bulbasaur.

Rules

-If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must release it.
-Every time you reach a new route, cave, etc., you must catch the very first Pokemon you see, regardless of your current number of party members. The Pokemon may sit within the box for an indeterminate amount of time as a backup.
-If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Pokeballs, you may not catch another. Tough shit.
-This means you can not catch a pokemon in a route you were in before you could catch pokemon. So no route 1, you were there before you had pokeballs.
-If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift, pokemon like Bill’s Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, that may be considered a Pokemon of a new area.
-You must nickname your pokemon so there is some sort of attachment. Each pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking.
-If your entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.
-Treat pokeballs as rare artifacts; at no point can you buy them from stores. You can only use ones you find in the wild or are awarded.
-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to get a second pokemon from any given area.
-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use items outside of battle. If you were poisoned on your last turn of the battle, you better hope to god there is a pokemon center nearby.
-You may not switch out before the enemy trainer sends in a new Pokemon.
-You are not allowed to use legendaries in battle.

CURRENT POKEMON
lvl 13 THORN @ Jolly
-Tackle
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip

lvl 5 CAPTAIN @ Jolly
-Tackle
-Sand Attack

Prof. Elm from New Bark Town just gave me my first pokemon, a bulbasaur. I named him THORN and went off on our adventure. But first Prof. Elm wanted us to fetch a particular item for him. He said we had to go to Rout 30 and find Mr. Pokemon, on the way their Thorn and I killed a lot of pidgey. An old man from Cherrygrove City stopped us as we walked through and told us about all the pokemon stores available. He then gave us a pair of running shoes!! Finally reached Mr. Pokemon's house and recieved a pokemon egg, not only that Prof. Oak from Pallet Town was there to give me a Pokedex. Couldn't believe that the same man who gave pokemon trainer red a pokedex just gave me one too! Back at Cherrygrove I bumped into a strange red headed guy who immediately started a battle. THORN beat his cyndiquil to a pulp, he was no match for my bulbasaur. I saw his name on the trainer card he dropped...It read: "Silver". Back at the pokemon lab I found that a cyndiquil has been stolen, so I quickly told the officer what I had encountered. I gave the egg to Elm and sent me on my way to start the pokemon league challenge. I was given 5 pokeballs to work with. Now to find my second member on route 31 or dark cave hmmm... Just caught a pidgey on route 31!!! Trained pidgey up to lvl 5 after battling a weedle. This thing was tough on the little bird, i ended up using a potion so save it from dyeing. (in battle of course)

Part 5

I wake up several hours later. My pokemon are waiting at the counter, so I grab them and head out. I get some breakfast at the 'mart and wander around town a bit. Before long, I'm in front of the gym... Dad's gym...

I go inside, and sure enough, there's dad. He's somewhat surprised to see me. Apparently mom didn't call him or anything. We talk for a bit, and another kid walks in. I step aside, and he says something to my dad about getting his own pokemon. I'm...rather conflicted over this, but I don't say anything. He goes on to explain how he's going to be moving, and thinks maybe having a pokemon might help stave off loneliness, but he doesn't know how to catch one. Dad nods and turns to me, "Bidrane, you heard all that, right?" ...*sigh*. "Go with WALLY and make sure that he safely catches a pokemon." He hands Wally a pair of pokeballs, "Here, you can borrow this. It's a zigzagoon. And an empty one for whatever you end up catching." The kid beams, then turns to me. "Bidrane... Would you really come with me?" Ugh... Guess I don't really have a choice... I nod at him.

The kid turns to leave, and I follow him. He heads out of town, back towards Oldale. He heads for the nearest patch of grass: "Pokemon hide in tall grass like this, don't they Bidrane? Watch and make sure I do it right."

He jumps right into the grass and starts hunting around. Before long he finds a RALTS and sends out dad's zigzagoon. He does a good job of weakening it before even trying to throw a pokeball. Once he does, it gets caught almost without a struggle. "I did it! Bidrane, thank you! Let's go back to the Gym!" Uh, sure kid. I just stood here.

We get back to the gym, and dad asks how it went. Wally launches into his epic tale of bravery and victory. Eventually, he reaches the end and turns to thank me again. "I didn't do anything. That was all you." I didn't think it was possible, but his smile gets even bigger. He looks kinda creepy now... He promises to take good care of it and runs off, something about his mom.

Dad turns back to me; "Now, where were we? Ah, yes. If you want to become a strong trainer, here's my advice. Head for RUSTBORO CITY. Challenge the gym leader there. After that, go and take on the other gyms and their leaders. I'm a gym leader, too, now. Eventually, you'll be back here challenging me. I look forward to that day. Go on, get to it!"

He kicks me out of his gym and waves until I'm out of sight. I head west, until somebody calls out to me. "Hey! Wait up!" I give him a chance to catch up. "Let me guess, from the way you're dressed, are you a pokemon trainer?" Duh. Pokeballs didn't give it away? "I'm searching the land in search of talented trainers. ...But your clothes aren't all that dirty, so you're either a rookie or just a normal kid... Sorry to have taken your time." He runs off... ...Rude guy. Eh, whatever. I continue walking.

There's an empty house here, next to a dock with a boat... Strange, but it's not my house, so I'm not going to poke around too much... The path goes behind said house, and there's some berry trees next to it. I pick a few and move on.

---------------
Sorry for the delay... School and Easter happened.
Previous updates HERE.

yeah i'm not using revives, only potions that i find on the floor. i havnt found a single antidote so i'm always running to a centre if im poisoned. nor do i use x items.
are berries considered okay as they are natural and can be held?

If a pokemon faints, you must release it as soon as possible.
2. You can ONLY catch the first pokemon you encounter in a route/cave/town/area (You get the idea). If you defeat the first pokemon you see, tough shit, you get nothing from this area.
3. Obviously if you run out of pokemon, you must start again.
4. Potions, healing items of any kind infact, are DISALLOWED.
5. Give your pokemon nicknames, for fucks sake! Make them your little babies! CARE FOR THEM!

POKEMON LEAFGREEN

Going by these rules...AND SO THE ADVENTURE BEGINSZZSIN

"...o helo THAR! mai naem is LOLWUT. dun b surprised by meh intelljigence. i r poketzmen murrster in w8ting of w1ngs! nvr to b stoppd."

"k fgt prof oak gimme teh squirtlesin!"

"his naem?! is orbvious! INGLEWOOD, SNITCHES!"

"nvr to b beat i r teh poketzofmasteringston~!"

LEZ FAZTFWRD, shaleins wii?

CUOURRENT STATE O' DA UNION:

INGLEWOOD!!!!!!!!
lvl 17 WARTORTLE (YEAH TURTLE THAT GOES TO WAR THATS FUCKIN HOT)

ALL THE DEAD MOTHERFUCKERS (STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!)

LVL 5 OLIVOUS(KIKAZZ NAEM)/MANKEY (HE WAS ADAMANT AND READY TO TAKE VCARDS)

Olivous' young heart stopped in the Viridian Forest, where a poison dagger was placed directly into it. The memories of bad shall be forgotten, and the good cherished until the end of time. <3

lvl 9 RATTATA (no naemsin for this shitbaeg)

NOW THIS DUMBMOTHER FUCKER DECIDED TO GET POISONED ON THE WAY TO MT. MOON. FUCKING STUPID FUCKING EKANS.

LVL 13 BUTTERSIN

"butt meh BUTTERSIN! DUN dai on meh!"

Those are the words LOLWUT called out as his sweet, dear Buttersin was poisoned against the Supernerd's Koffing from a lethal poison gas. The Pokemon Center was so close, but not close enough. Young Buttersin was coming into its own, BUT THE DUMB MOTHERFCKER COULDNT OHKO, AND IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE CONFUSION. TRAVESTIES LIKE THESE MAKE YOU WONDER HOW DUMBMOTHER FUCKERS FIND THE WAY ONTO MY LINE UP.

And so, young LOLWUT ventured into Cerulean City, with only INGLEWOOD by his side. Misty lies in the distance, and I only have one more possible Pokemon on Route 4 that can be added to the lineup.

"A wild SANDSHREW appeared!"

-.- FUK!! LOLWUT MEHZ B CUMMIN HOEM ERRLEE LOL

RaichuGuardian- I realize these are stories, but please use regular english. it's much more enjoyable. btw, you can head north to route 24 and 25 to catch bellsprout(or hope you do)

EDIT: whatever.

haha yeah, i just did it for the laughs. if people REALLY don't like it i'll do regular stuff...but i think this makes it a little unique haha

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ch. 6: Boss Rush!

Yeah, so with Kanako and Remilia having escaped their Chibi forms, it's time to put the hurt on Misty. While Kanako is the star of the show, gotta give credit to Remilia and Sakuya. Remilia's powerful Bite took down Komachi (ghost/water), while Sakuya sponged Cirno's (ice/water) annoying Ice-type attacks and retaliated with STAB Metal Claw.

Meanwhile, Lt. Surge served to be little more than a training ground for my Ran and Tenshi (ground-types), both of which took this chance to evolve past their Chibi forms. Ran and Tenshi tag-teamed Surge, and a combination of Dig and Magnitude from the two shook the good army man to pieces.

Areas Traversed:

(no new areas)

Evolutions:

CRan -> Ran (24) - Gained the Psychic type (now a Ground-Psychic)
CTenshi -> Tenshi (24)

Average Level: 24

Chapter 7: Dancing in the Dark

I make the quick jog over through Yamame (diglett) Cave to pick up Flash, and slap it on my Yukari so I can tackle Rock Tunnel. Emboldened by my demolition of the two bosses, I steamroll through Rock Tunnel... only to meet tragedy at the hands of my own carelessness. While attempting to train Yukari on a trainer's Suika, I forget that Suika carries Seismic Toss. Yukari has 15 HP, Karate Chop deals 5 damage. I figure "ok i'm good"... and then Suika busts out a 17 damage Seismic Toss. I quickly clean Suika up with Remilia, and then move on, mourning my fallen Yukari.

Speaking of Suika, I get lucky and pick one up in Rock Tunnel. She'll replace Yukari... =(

Areas Traversed:

Route 9
Rock Tunnel - Suika
Route 10

Average Level: 26

Chapter 8: The Celadon City Cleanup

After I got out of Rock Tunnel, I released my poor Yukari, knowing that at the very least I had a useful replacement. Since I don't have the Silph Scope, I skip Lavender for now and head straight through to Celadon. Since Suika can now learn Brick Break via TM for her STAB, I use her to plow through the Rocket Hideout. She evolves.

After that, Remilia mercilessly savages Erika and hits level 34. She'll evolve into EX form soon, but for now she's still bullshit strong. With my Silph Scope, I head over to Lavender Tower... and meet a Youmu. ANOTHER 5% CHANCE. I catch her and run off to teach her awesome TMs: Razor Wind (60 BP Flying), Brick Break, Aerial Ace (60 BP Steel), Shadow Ball. Youmu is a Ghost-Steel similar to Scizor except with slightly less Attack for more Defense and Speed. Oh, and she's immune to Sleep. Fuck yeah.

Areas Traversed:

Lavender City
Route 8
Underground Passage (east-west)
Route 7
Celadon City
Game Corner Hideout
Graze Tower - Youmu

Evolutions:

CSuika -> Suika (26)

Average Level: 28

Next up: Chapter 9: More Rocket Crushing

Parts 1-3

Parts 4-6

Parts 7-10a

Parts 10b-12

Part 13: Cruisin' for a Bruisin'

I rush with exitement toward the dock, not wanting to be late for the party; however, I get a dissapointing message. The party's already happened... But apparently several of the people are restless and itching for a pokemon battle. Sounds good to me. So I explore the various rooms, training intensly with the other trainers, and soone come to what looks like the captains quarters. I head up the stairs, only to be knocked back down by someone opening the door. "Oh Light, what are you doing here?" I groan as I get back to my feet, and steel myself for the battle.

Overall, it was fairly easy. Pidgeotto caused me some grief with sand-attack, but otherwise switching and hitting with type advantages won pretty quickly. He heads out saying something about cutting trees, and I check out the Captain. "Ugh," is just about all I can think when I see him hunched over a bucket with the loudest reching noises I've ever heard. "Mr. *rech* Captain?" *rech* I don't know what came over me, but I gave him a little back rub, and apparently that helped him, at least for a little while. For thanking me he gives me the HM Cut. He has just enough time to tell me that HMs can be used infinite times before he has to hunch again. Why is he a sailor again? Oh well, I head out to see what I can do against Surge.

I decide against using Sandman, and instead rely on Dig from Chomper. He does fairly well, OKOHing everything, though he uses a few of Meowth's berries in the process. I found my pokemon completely overpowering his, and had to call Chomper off more than once. After the battle, he couldn't really walk, so I take him to the pokecenter, after taking my badge and new TM of course. I also liked the sound of "flying all over the place." I definately want to learn more there.

Part 14: the travelin' soldier

After Surge the next few days passed in a blur. I found this guy who talked for hours, but finally made it worth my while with a Bike Voucher. Words cannot describe how badly I wanted this thing, so I ran as fast as I could back to Cerulean city, where my new foldable bike awaited me. After obtaining it, I head east, giving my new HM a shot. I beat the trainers in my way, and come to a dark tunnel. Didn't Brock say something about using an HM that lit up dark caves? I start heading back his way, when I remember I have yet to explore digletts cave, and it leads right to Pewter City. So I head over and make it through the cave, in which I encounter a strange phenomena for the first time. Golbat seemed like it was evolving, yet never changed form. Anyways, we made it through the cave and I thought about heading north, yet I had never explored over hear. I head down and run into one of Oak's aids. "Light! I was supposed to give you something, HM5, if you have 10 pokemon or more. Do you? You do?! Great, here you go."

Armed with this new move, I head back to Rock Tunnel, and Meowth(how the heck?) lights the way. The cave proves to be a long one, with many trainers inside. I was consistantly surprised by the distance to worry ratio. It seemed like the closer to an exit someone was, the more they were worried about being lost. It didn't matter, so I pressed onward. We arived at Lavender Town, and I gave my pokemon a short rest before we trained some more. In the grass near-by I picked up a female vulpix, who I nickname Blaze. I also make my way over to Celadon and am given an Eevee, who I nickname Mirage.

I train my pokemon a bit more, when I am met with the evolution light again. This time JackieChan forever becomes a Primeape, and that evolution is swiftly followed by Frisky's, into a much more impresive looking Persian. After a little more training, I head back to Lavender town to head up the lost tower.

I don't get far, however, before my rival rears his ugly head again. "Hey, did you pokemon die? No? Let me fix that!" He sounds far to overconfident. I remember my orriginal assumption that he has amnesia. Maybe it's just a REALLY short memory? Anyway, Frisky prepares to fry his Pidgeotto, but not before taking a hard hit from quick attack. Apparently Pigeotto holds a grudge. After the bird Growlithe comes in. I decide Chomper's time to fight had come, so he switches in, though he looks slightly put off by the leering that Growlithe is doing. It didn't really matter, however, because he burrowed his way undrground before Growlither could hit him with ember. I, on the other hand, had the scrable out of the way, and had Dracula out with me to blow those embers away from me with his wings if he had to. That didn't matter, however, because Raticate's dig attack was more than strong enough to take out growlithe. Next up was Exxecute, who I laughed at, while sending in Scorch(newly renamed to take out the T) to deal the final blow of Ember. Then, still acting like he might be able to pull this off, Ian sends in Kadabra. I take my turn to laugh as Persian comes in to finnish things off. Kinesis may've lowered my accuracy, but as far as I've seen, Faint Attack won't miss anyway, and my experience in that battle continues to support that claim. Kadabra goes down and Ian bails out, after braggin that he's gotten over fourty pokemon in his 'dex. How did he do that WHILE obeying the new laws? I smell a rat, or was that just my armpit? For that matter, I decided that we've all had a long day, and we head to the local pokemon center for a shower and some rest.

Pokemon in Party

Victoria LV 30

Docile
Vine Whip/Acid/Sleep Powder/Cut

Frisky LV 30

Naughty
Thunderbolt/Flash/Faint Attack/Pay Day

Scorch LV 30(going up in a hurry)

Docile
Scratch/Growl/Ember/Metal Claw

Dracula LV 33

Naive
Wing Attack/Aerial Ace/Confuse Ray/Bite

JackieChan LV 30

Hardy
Scratch/Rage/Brick Break/Karate Chop

Chomper LV 30

rash
Dig/Focus energy/Quick Attack/Hyper Fang

In the PC

Flapper

Impish
Peck/Leer/Growl

MONARCH

lax
tackle/string shot

Sandman

Bashful
Scratch/Defense Curl/Sand-Attack

Blaze

Jolly(never gonna train)
Ember/Tail Whip/Roar/Quick Attack

Mirage

Serious
Helping Hand/Sand-attack/Growl/Quick Attack
(Vappy or Jolt. likely to be jolt)

AirAce

Impish
Tackle/Whirlwind/Gust/Quick Attack

R.I.P

POWDER LV 4

lax
tackle/string-shot
died to pidgey crit tackle

less detailed than my others since I didn't keep a log this time :/ sorry guys

These are some good reads. As for me...

Update 2

Rock Tunnel:
Rock Tunnel was cleared in one trip. Surprisingly, I didn't see a Pokemon on the first floor or over half the second floor... then I met a Zubat. By law I caught it and named it "Bite me!" Kushi evolved, and she and Stinkweed got some nice exp. Beat everyone except on the final leg... except the unavoidable trainer, who poisoned Robin. For that reason I skipped Route 10's trainers and rushed to Lavender Town's Pokemon Center.

Here I couldn't buy Pokeballs since all they had was Great Balls; fortunately grass was easily avoidable on the next two routes. I did take the time to rename my Drowzee Ganondorf, though. =)

To Celadon and Saffron:
Initially I only fought the Gambler on Route 8, who was a pain due to his Vulpix Roaring me twice. I was low on balls and didn't want to fight the trainers, so I took the shortcut (via Cut) and ran along the bottom (one patch of grass, no encounter). Then I rushed through the Underground Path to Celadon.

Immediately I got the Tea and the Fly HM, went to Saffron and took the shortcut to Vermillion. I bought 11 Pokeballs and went back to Routes 7 and 8. I didn't pick up a Pokemon in Celadon because that's where my "lifelines" are.

Full Team of Six:
Went straight to Route 8 and searched the grass; unfortunately, I got a Meowth (ThatsRight). u c wat i did that? ;) Then I went to Route 7, evolved Ganondorf on trainers along the way, and got what I wanted: a Growlithe. T took care to put him to sleep (to avoid Roar), named him Leonardo when I had him, bought Fire and Leaf Stones, and trained him up to Level 25. I used VS Seeker and the Engineer with an underleveled Magneton (600+ exp and another 600+ from two Magnemites).

Lt. Surge:

Once I finished training Leonardo, I decided to take a gamble and fight Surge. I put away Robin, got out CH'DING for Cut, took out the footsoldiers, and healed for the lieutenant. I was very nervous about that thrice-damned Raichu...

Voltorb was dispatched by Leonardo, in order to preserve my Grass-types' health. Pikachu was short-lived; as it started setting up Double Team Stinkweed OHKOd it with a Crit Acid! Then Raichu... oh God Raichu...

That thing was the worst Pokemon I've encountered so far. I couldn't hit it Stun Spore while it was setting up DT due to all the misses and paralysis. When Stinkweed was one hit away from fainting I went to Kushi. She won by a close call; the first scratch was a crit and did just enough to allow the next to kill it, but not trigger a Super Potion. She managed to land the next hit on her very last attempt. That's right; I'd have to switch out Kushi next turn if it missed and hoped Hypno could do the job.

It was brutal, but I survived (miraculously) without a casualty. Right after that I got Robin out, taught her Fly and saved at Lavender Town. But seriously, if you want to fight Surge immediately you better have a Geodude or a Dugtrio. I think I'll test Hidden Power on all my Mons to see if any are worth using.

Team:

Wartortle (Koopa)- Level 28- Gentle, Male- Water Gun / Bite / Tackle / Tail Whip
+Starter Pokemon and main team member. Pretty bad SpcAtk and Spd IVs, but they're negligible by now.

Pidgeotto (Robin)- Level 25- Calm, Female- Gust / Fly / Quick Attack / Sand Attack
+Second team member and successor to EyePecker. Fearless in battle and holds her own, and also my Flier.

Parasect (Kushi)- Level 26- Naughty, Female- Scratch / Leech Life / Spore / Bullet Seed
+Third team member, useful against types she's not weak to. She still has the TinyMushroom she came with.

Gloom (Stinkweed)- Level 26- Naive, Female- Absorb / Sleep Powder / Acid / Stun Spore
+Fourth official team member. Immune to poison, but really needs better attacking moves.

Hypno (Ganondorf)- Level 27- Hardy, Male- Confusion / Headbutt / Hypnosis / Pound
+Fifth team member and new clown. He got an evolution, a new name and a nose job. What more could you want?

Growlithe (Leonardo)- Level 25- Calm, Male- Ember / Bite / Roar / Take Down
+Final team member; no Flash Fire, but a +SpDef nature and Intimidate make him pretty damn bulky.

Boxed:

Weedle (Hornybee)- Level 4- Modest, Male- Poison Sting / String Shot
+Former team clown. Saving for death fodder, preferably against a female. ;P

Weedle (ImGonnaDie)- Level 8- Impish, Male- Poison Sting / String Shot
+As the name implies, he's death fodder unless I evolve him to use as a doorstop.

Pidgey (Perky)- Level 15- Jolly, Female- Tackle / Sand Attack / Gust / Quick Attack
+Another Pidgey I picked up on the way. Better nature, but Robin's already trained.

Rattata (CRUNCH!)- Level 12- Timid, Male- Tackle / Tail Whip / Quick Attack
+Not gonna train him; I've got five members as it is and want a good Mon in the sixth slot.

Meowth (Klepto)- Level 10- Hardy, Male- Scratch / Growl / Bite
+Another catch I got. He'll be my backup Cut user.

Spearow (ThirdSoFar)- Level 17- Timid, Male- Peck / Growl / Leer / Fury Attack
+Third Spearow I've got, only one I still have. I think I'm set for Fliers.

Ekans (Narcissa)- Level 11- Lonely, Female- Wrap / Leer / Poison Sting
+Maybe Intimidate will be useful, maybe... ?

Zubat (Bite me!)- Level 15- Rash, Male- Leech Life / Astonish / Supersonic
+There, I got my goddamned bat. Happy now, Arceus?

Meowth (ThatsRight)- Level 17- Careful, Male- Scratch / Growl / Bite / Pay Day
+Now all I need to do is teach him to stand and walk on two legs and speaking English.

Farfetch'd (CH'DING)- Level 7- Adamant, Male- Peck / Growl / Leer
+Made use of that Spearow early. He'll make a good Cut slave, but not a good fighter.

Failures:

Spearow (EyePecker)- Level 6- Lonely, Male- Peck / Growl
+My original 2nd, cut short due to poison from a stalwart Weedle.

Diglett (PINGAS!)- Level 18- Sassy, Male- Magnitude / Scratch / Sand Attack / Dig
+Poor thing got bested by a Pikachu of all things... he never really acted as I would like, though.

Also, if anyone knows how to not have to log out/in every 30 minutes to post, that would be great.

EDIT: Nvm about Hidden Power; can't buy it and I'm not going to spend an hour or so getting one from Pickup; I'll save that for when I need to grind.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Usually I don't like posts like RaichuGuardian's.

But I laughed.

It confuses me... @_@ All I know is I want to see more of it. *shuffles back to Diamond after spending too long trying to breed Bagon on SoulSilver*

Man this sounds really fun, sadly i can't do it until i finish my first play-through of soul silver... but i only have to beat Misty and Blue so i'll probably do this soon. Can't wait!

Edit: By the way, a question, can you have as many backup Pokemon in your box as you want, or just one?

haha yeah, i just did it for the laughs. if people REALLY don't like it i'll do regular stuff...but i think this makes it a little unique haha
I'm definitely loving the unique. There's a line with bad grammar, and you crossed it, but then you came back over the line with a bunch of gold stolen from the other side of the line, and possibly hooch too. :D

So, after two failed attempts, I'm back for my third, proper try!

In attempt one, I underlevelled and Roxanne wiped me out.
In attempt two, I overlevelled way too much and my Combusken was wiping the floor with everything.
So, I bring you attempt three!

Hm, I've saved it into a format that makes the writing harder to read than it was on Paint. Oh well.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am taking this challenge on Sapphire

Rules

-If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must release it. (Store in box as a memento)
-Every time you reach a new route, cave, etc., you must catch the very first Pokemon you see, regardless of your current number of party members. The Pokemon may sit within the box for an indeterminate amount of time as a backup.
-If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Pokeballs, you may not catch another. Tough shit.
-This means you can not catch a pokemon in a route you were in before you could catch pokemon. So no route 1, you were there before you had pokeballs. (Amending slightly, so that this comes into effect after the first 5 pokeballs are recieved)
-If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift, pokemon like Bill’s Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, that may be considered a Pokemon of a new area.
-You must nickname your pokemon so there is some sort of attachment. Each pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking.
-If your entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.
-You are allowed to buy only pokeballs up to a total of 10 in your bag. Balls found in the wild/gifts are fair game.
-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to get a second pokemon from any given area.
-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use items outside of battle. If you were poisoned on your last turn of the battle, you better hope to god there is a pokemon center nearby.
-Revives are allowed only if when your pokemon faints you have one on hand. If you have one you must use it. If you acquire a Revive at a later date you cannot revive a dead pokemon. You cannot buy Revive's.

I am currently sitting on the bridge outside Rustboro with this team:

Storm (Mudkip) lv 12, Impish
Tackle
Growl
Water Gun
Mud Slap

An absolute beast of a Pokemon. Takes out everything in 2-3 shots without taking much damage.

Dustox lv 12, Quiet
Confusion
Poison Sting
Tackle
Harden

The tank of the team. Takes a few hits to beat stuff but never takes more than 3 damage.

Poocheyena lv 12, Lonely
Tackle
Howl
Sand Attack

The weak link of the team currently. He can do a good bit of damage but can't take any and with all the Growls flying around atm he's struggling.

Taillow lv 12, Quirky
Peck
Growl
Quick Attack

The most recent aqcuisition on the team but already a powerhouse. Likely because of capture in Petalburg Forest but still looks to be dominant.

In the box I have a shitty Zigzagoon that will be an HM slave and a Wurmple.

I am hoping for an Aron or Makuhita in Granite Gave and a Roselia or Numel to complete the team later on.

So far Pooocheyena has died twice to Zigzagoon criticals but was able to be revived in battle thanks to Zigzagoons Pickup.​

JUZ A SH0RT TIEMZ MOAR! LOLWUT CONTINUEZ HIS/HER/LOLOL's QWEST FIR DA CHAMPIENZSIN!

"lol i can wynne u no?!!"

"lol u gaiz no i kawt sibblesins? he r pertty god!"

SIBBLESINS MOTHERFUCKERS. THE ONLY MOTHERFUCKING CHOICE I HAD ON FUCKING ROUTE 4...FUCK. NOW THIS COCKSUCKER HAS NEVER GIVEN A DAMN ABOUT SHIT...BECAUSE HIS FUCKING NAME IS SIBBLESINS.

"lol sibblezinssins nvr luved hiz moher and lst his veekahrd varry quickszi!

TIEMZ FIR DA CERURLENZ JIM!"

LOLWUT lovingly grinded dear Sibblesins on Route 4, and when asked why he does not attempt the Bellsprout up the way, his answer was clear.

"lolololololololololololololololololololollolololol"

"lol wel tiemz to trai creudlinz jim!!!!!!"

"lolol tits or gtfosins u jhinjer dikevolley!!!"

"TIEMZ FER BATTLEINS GOEZ MAI SIBBELISINS!"

YOU USELESS FUCKING SLAG. SIBBLESINS YOUR FIRST FUCKING BATTLE AND YOU GO DOWN FIRST HIT YOUR PUSSYTOTING CUMBASKET.

MISTY LET YOUR FUCKING VAGINA BE TORN OUT ON THE CAPE OF CERULEAN IN THREE YEARS YOU PRETEND VIRIGIN SALAMOUS!"

INGLEWOOD, AT LVL21 (LOL I NO ITZ GR8 HE CAN DRINK NAO! TURTEL OF WAR!@)

"has bitings the yustar lolool it r not on level of uS"

"yaeaz wii didint not doez it gr8 job inglewoodrays!"

But Misty had other plans...as the bastard Staryu had continued its terroristpussy path and confused INGLEWOOD. The crippling would be crucial against the Star of Psy.

"lolfag wherz ur dong or vag miemiemiemie..cool storiezea bro!!!!

INGELWOULD u PLEZE BITE (BAN ME PLEASE)ARSE?

DO U C WAT I DID THAR???!"

---
Starmie was weak, and one more bite would be the end of the Star of Psy. But the star continued its barrage of swifts.

With INGLEWOOD's points of life just down to a mere 11, a crucial move lay.

"INGLEWOOD USED BITE!"

---

---

---

"iitz haz hurtinz itselrf in confusins!"

FUCK MY FUCKING ASSERY. THIS RED HEADED SHE DEVIL HAS CROSSED ME FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME. ILL WRAP MY DICK AROUND HER HEAD SO FUCKING QUICK THE ANACONDA WILL FUCKING STRIKE.

='(

new game will be started shortly...

Lots of great reads here, except maybe RaichuGuardian. It's funny and all, but I have no clue what's going on. I plan on doing this on LG when I get back home since I'm at college, but for now, I'll practice with HG.

My rules:
-If a Pokemon faints, it must be put in a box marked Dead.
-You can only catch the first Pokemon you see on a route, regardless of how many of them you already own.
-If you fail to catch the first Pokemon on a route, you get no Pokemon for that route.
-No using healing items outside of battle, including Antidote.
-No buying healing items. This includes using the points from Pokeatlon to get Moomoo Milk, etc. I am, however, allowed to get the stones and Apricorns.
-No Vitamins/PP Ups/X items/etc.
-Berries and any held item I find/my mom buys are allowed. This includes trading shards for berries.
-No buying Poke Balls other than regular ones. Kurt Balls and any Balls I find may be used.
-No purchasable TMs. Any TMs I find are fair game.
-No legendaries.
-No breeding.
-Pokemon must be given nicknames.
-Battle Mode on Set.
(I highly doubt this one will come up but if it does...)
-If none of my Pokemon can learn an HM and I can't get a Pokemon that can learn the HM without breaking the one Pokemon per Route rule, then I am allowed to catch a Pokemon to teach it the HM and use it for the HM only. Once I capture a Pokemon that can learn the afformentioned HM, I must put the illegally captured Pokemon in the "Dead" box. If none of my "alive" Pokemon can learn an HM but one of my "dead" Pokemon can, I am allowed to use that Pokemon for the HM only. Once I catch a Pokemon that can learn the HM, ... (same as before).

Note: I don't plan on role playing for HG but I most likely will for LG.

Story
I name myself RYU for no apparant reason and I decide to pick Chikorita since that's what I always picked in the original Gold and I already got Cyndaquil in my first playthrough of HG. I nickname it QAT after the plant that is normally spelled khat (it has nothing to do with the deity) and find out that it's Mild.

I head off to Cherrygrove and QAT gets to Lv. 7 on the way to Mr. Pokemon's house and gets to Lv. 8 by the time I get back to Cherrygrove. A Spinarak was able to Poison me, but I used the Antidote I found to cure it before the battle was over. From then on, I've been avoiding Spinarak even though Poison can't kill you outside of battle in HGSS.

I defeat my rival (who I eventually name Blitz) easily and head back to New Bark Town. QAT ends up becoming Lv. 10 in the process. I receive the Poke Balls and Lyra explains how to catch a Pokemon.

I head up to Route 46 hoping to catch a Geodude, but end up with a Lv. 2 Rattata that I named CHOMPY and find out that it's Serious. I train Chompy up to Lv. 7 since I normally would train it to Lv. 5 and I'm being catious.

I head up Route 30 and defeat all of the trainers easily. I catch a Lv. 3 Lax Spinarak that I name Latouchia and I don't plan on training it. I head into Dark Cave to try and catch a Geodude and actually manage to catch a Lv. 3 Naive one and I nickname it Rocky. (Seriously, I think Naive Geodude love me because my Golem in my other HG is also Naive.) After getting it up to Lv. 7 as well, I head to Violet City.

I first head into Sprout Tower to catch a Gastly but to my amazement, I find another Rattata instead. I found this odd since I've never found anything but Gastly in there, before. It's Docile and I named it Reemy since I somehow misspelled Remmy; I don't plan on training this one either.

I head to Route 36 to pick up Rock Smash and head to Route 32 to catch a Mareep/Wooper. I manage to catch a Lv. 6 Naive Wooper with Water Absorb and I name it Woopah. I decide to get it to Lv. 8 to match the level of Rocky and Chompy, since it won't get much training in Sprout Tower. Qat gets to Lv. 11 battling a Water Absorb Wooper.

That's where I'm stopping for the night and I'll tackle Sprout Tower, tomorrow.

My Team So Far: (why doesn't Pokemonelite2000 have HGSS sprites?)

Party:

Chikorita (Qat) Lv. 11 M - Mild
Razor Leaf
Tackle
Poison Powder
Growl

Rattata (Chompy) Lv. 8 F - Serious
Quick Attack
Tackle
Tail Whip
Focus Energy

Geodude (Rocky) Lv. 8 M - Naive
Tackle
Defense Curl
Mud Sport
Rock Polish

Wooper (Woopah) Lv. 8 F - Naive
Water Gun
Tail Whip
Mud Sport
-

Rattata (Reemy) Lv. 3 M Docile
Tackle
Tail Whip
-
-
*I already have a Rattata, so it's not like I'll be needing him but I plan to try and keep him alive anyway.

Spinarak (Latouchia) Lv. 3 F Lax
Poison Sting
String Shot
-
-
*Spinarak is basically worthless so I'm not training it either. Like Rattata, I plan on keeping her alive.

In Alive Box
None

Dead
None

Notes for the future:
-Chikorita counts as my Pokemon for New Bark town so I will be unable to fish there.
-Togepi will count as my Pokemon for Violet City since that's where I got the egg. (ATM, I can't get the Onix anyway).
-Kenya (the Spearow from the one guard in Goldenrod) will count as my Pokemon for Goldenrod, even though it's not technically in either Goldenrod or the next Route.

Lots of great reads here, especially RaichuGuardian. It's funny and all, and his masculine self (along with massive Adamant Mankey-sized dong) has the best adventure.
Thanks for the compliments :heart:

But seriously, everyone playing FRLG and just beginning...POISONOMGWTFBBQHAX. Of course the last trainer in Mt. Moon has a Grimer and Koffing, bulky enough to get off their venomous Poison Gas attack.

Oh, and why wasn't this game DESIGNED to play like this? It is so damn epic.

I'll be starting this sometime tonight under the rules posted in moot's topic. Starting with some copy of first gen (might have to be a rom of FR or just R though depending on if I can find my LG copy) then moving to gen 2 if I actually get to and defeat the pokemon league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)