Note to Moderators: Can you please stop fixing the Typo. I know it's supposed to be spelt "Challenge", & it is an eyesore amongst the other threads, but the reason why the typo is there is simple: Us Scramblers like the Typo there. We initially wanted the typo the Mattman(numbers) accidentally did to be fixed, but now we don't. We're used to the Typo now, & it is pretty much what makes this thread unique. Now, can we just leave it as "Challange" & move on from this. Thank you ~ Its_A_Random
EDIT: We now have an IRC channel! Credit goes to BUddha for setting up #Scramble.
Before you ask, no, this is nothing like a Nuzlocke challenge, and probubly isn't nearly as hard. But since I haven't found anything like it on this forums yet...
Welcome to Smogon's Scramble challenge thread! (Credit to all the other sites who have this up, and for the Serebii thread for the rules and #nuzlocke for making me post this.)
What is a Scramble challenge? A scramble challenge is a challange that you have no control of! That's right: You have to let others give you your pokemon! Wheather they want to be good and give you easy challenges (Like just giving you a pokemon), or giving you challanges that might even seem... unfair is entirely up to the posters.
The unbreakable, must be followed rules:
No duplacated pokemon.
No unevolvable Magicarps, Caterpies, Burmys... the useless pokemon. None of them. The full list of unallowed pokemon is...
Magicarp, Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, Unown, Wurmple, Cascoon, Silcoon, Feebas, Krikitot, Burmy, Combee, and Tynamo.
No legendaries, please.
When you post to say what your challenge is, you must state what Game you are playing and if you can Trade or not.
First 6 people to post pokemon that are correct (through the rules) go on the team. You may only give out 1 pokemon per post per team. Teams built by 1 person (Even someone as random as me) tend to be lacking in creativity.
If you don't like a pokemon, and refuse to use it, when you post the challange you HAVE to say what it is and to not let it on. If someone posts a pokemon and you don't like it, and you never said no to it, to bad.
HAVE FUN. This may be a challange, but it is not meant to be mind bogglingly hard, and it is not meant to be frustrating. This is not playing Kaiso Mario, or doing a Nuzlocke challange. It may be hard, but perhaps, just MAYBE you will find something cool out. For example, FEAROW ended up being my MVP in a challange I did of FR because of Toxic and it's speed!
How to post a pokemon:
If you want to post something, then do it like this.
*If you want to post a challange* I want a challange for Diamond, no trading.
*If you want a to post a pokemon* Mattman324, take a Krikitune. Name it "Tutuw00t", and it must know Fury Cutter.
Odd things that didn't fit anywhere else:
Apperantly, the competitive nature of Smogon has driven some to Races. There are some special rules for races.
The normal Rules 1, 2, 3, 6, and 7 are fully intact.
Rule 4 is intact, because both of you are playing the same game. -_-
Rule 5 is now this:
Your opponent is now the one who decides what you use. As you can see down the page (Post 9), we both tried to give each other hard, but fair challenges, I expect the same.
Rule 6 is in no way intact. Use whatever techniques you can to stop your oppenent, as long as it doesn't break rules.
A new rule:
If one of you has access to speed up via emulator, the other must as well. Plain and simple.
ANOTHER EDIT: The people in this challange seem to take pleasure to frustrating others with absolutely impossible challanges. Examples?
Originally Posted by Fat Dogfish44
You must use a wingull named Gulliver, who cannot evolve unless it ko's 1 of wattsons pokemon 1 on 1 no items in a successfull victory for the badge. Also, it must learn Shock wave immediately after, and must use it to start of any battle, and used twice against any ground pokemon when it is switched in.
Originally Posted by Fat Another forum
Mattman324, take a Male Dragonair named "BOOTY BUMP". It must be caught as a Dragonair in the Safari Zone, and must always know Attract. It may never evolve.
Originally Posted by Fat Acritter
@Mattman: A Koffing that may only evolve after KOing 10 Trainer Pokemon with Selfdestruct/Explosion. It must also use Selfdestruct/Explosion at least once per badge and once per E4 member. Obviously, no restrictions on Revive usage.
Come on guys, this is suppost to be fun, not back-breakingly frustrating! If you would balk at doing it yourself, don't even consider posting it.
EDIT 2: Also, how did I forget Kricitot on the list? I mean, yeah STAB Bug Bite, but that's Plat only. Eh...
Just testing to see if I can edit this post properly as Mattman324 originally had the OP, It works. Thank you Haunter.
First, we have a social group called "The Scramble Challenge" (Although Challenge should've been called Challa
nge, but anyways...), you can find the link to the group here
or in my signature, feel free to join, & credit goes to user Galladiator for setting the group up.
Our current activities going on include the 3rd installment of the Scramble Premier League, which is about to kick off, & this season, we're going 5th Gen! This time, the tournament will be hosted by user auramaster, & you can check up on the latest action in the social group, & I do hope you enjoy this season of Scramble Premier League!
Andfor those who have questions to ask about these Scrambles...
- Yes you can use non Scramblemons, but you can't use them in battle. The only time you can use them is when you don't have access to any yet...Or when doing a solo run (A One Pokemon Scramble) & you are forced into a double battle with two of your Pokemon. In other words, you're allowed to use HM Slaves.
- A Solo is defined as defeating a Pokemon/Trainer/Whatever with one Pokemon. If you switch in another Pokemon while attempting the solo, then it is not a solo. In special cases where the solo is extremely hard (e.g. Gligar soloing Candice), then you can send a healer in, as long as it is all they do; act as death fodder while healing up the soloer. They may not attack at all.
- If you don't specify a number for how many Scramblemons you want, then we'll assume you want 6 Pokemon.
- Yes, if the challenge doesn't mention anything about evolving, then you can evolve your Scramblemon.
- Yes the title is deliberately misspelt, but we like the title as it is, contrary to what it says several lines above. A Moderator (JabbaTheGriffin) even tried to fix the title, but changed it back after complaints rose.
- The link to the social group is in this post & in my signature, If you hear anything about SPL or Scramble Awards in the thread, then they're usually announcements.
- If a challenge is too hard for you, then ask the poster of the challange to modify it so it is easier to do.
- If you're posting a challenge, specify the version you're playing, whether you can trade or not& the difficulty of the challenge. You may also specify what Pokemon you want/do not want on your team, but the first three need to be specified.
- No, you can't give out Mono-Type-Pokemon like Mono-Electric Pachirisu; It's a signature challenge given out by user Treadshot A1. These Pokemon are ones that can only use moves of one type in battle & they are always Pokemon that cannot evolve. While we're on the subject, you can't give out Berry Holding Pokemon like Cheri Berry Zubat either, because it's my signature challenge. =P
And anymore as soon as I can find some.
And without further ado, Happy Scrambling!