Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

I swear the Battle Factory hates me. I just lost a streak of 46...snip...I may take a brief hiatus from the Factory; I've been playing it for days now.
From my experiences, it seems easiest to perform well once you practice regularly for a period of time, then relax for a bit, and then come back with peak skill.

But no way to lose in the Battle Factory is as bad as being swept by Lapras 2 (602 | Lapras | Impish | Quick Claw | Sheer Cold | Perish Song | Sing | Confuse Ray | Def/SpD) when all of your Pokémon are faster than it. True story, if I recall correctly, my team went like:

Tyranitar 2 (618 | Tyranitar | Jolly | Choice Scarf | Fire Punch | ThunderPunch | Ice Punch | Aerial Ace | Atk/Spe)
Garchomp 1 (485 | Garchomp | Jolly | Brightpowder | Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Double Team | Sandstorm | Atk/Spe)
Mamoswine 1 (465 | Mamoswine | Adamant | Icy Rock | Earthquake | Ice Fang | Peck | Hail | HP/Atk)

Turn 1: They send out Lapras, I send out Tyranitar, Quick Claw activates, Lapras uses Sheer Cold and it hits before Tyranitar can ThunderPunch.
Turn 2: I send out Mamoswine, Quick Claw activates, Lapras uses Sheer Cold and it hits before Mamoswine can Earthquake.
Turn 3: I send out Garchomp, Quick Claw activates, Lapras uses Sheer Cold and it hits before Garchomp can Earthquake.
I took quite the hiatus from the Battle Factory at this point

After a few more failed gos I want to try the suicene idea but looked thru all my games and I dont have one I can use :( and no excess to wifi to trade so was wondering which other easier to get bulky water would make a decent substitute?

Cheers

After a few more failed gos I want to try the suicene idea but looked thru all my games and I dont have one I can use :( and no excess to wifi to trade so was wondering which other easier to get bulky water would make a decent substitute?

Cheers
Milotic is pretty similar to Suicune, but you could also consider Swampert or Quagsire

I like them ideas I thought about vaporeon

What move sets etc would you suggest
Oh yeah I forgot about Vaporeon. Well we can't really suggest anything specific until we know details like what role you're having it fill and it's teammates, so on and so forth

I'm looking at Dragonite for battle hall, going quite well but I need help with movesets for a few types. My Dragonite has a focus sash and 4hp/252atk/252spd evs, though I don't mind other suggestions for this.

vs Water: Outrage, Thunderpunch, Earthquake, Extremespeed

vs Dark: Extremespeed and Rock Tomb, which I am reluctant to change, and Outrage and Earthquake as the other two.

For Water, Outrage on most, though I will use Thunderpunch to chip down some of the more resilient ones, also for those who resist Outrage. Earthquake works better on Laturn, Omanyte etc, and Extremespeed for picking off faster Pokemon.

For Dark, Outrage for most, EQ for Drapion and Skuntank.
Rock Tomb and Extremespeed are for Weavile. Weavile moves first and activates Focus Sash, and (hopefully, Rock Tomb has bad accuracy) Rock Tomb both slows Weavile down and lowers its HP. Thanks to this, I should outspeed and KO with Extremespeed.

What do you think, any suggestions?

Good point lol my team atm is

Metagross
Trick
Meteor mash
Flash
Scary face

Currently standard salam but going to change it to

Flygon
Sub
Double team
Equake
Rock slide

Then the water type

Basicly meta tricks into electric ground or fire which all will be able to set up easierly on

Found vap lying about and been working ok but not overly impressed been using

Acid armor
Toxic
Surf
Ice beam

Cheers in advance

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Oh... Battle Factory...

I just lost on Battle 49 (Yes, that's right, against Thorton on the Gold Print match). I'd had a great run, using Toxic Stall Registeel to net all my wins from 35-42, then a similar Toxic Stall Cradily for matches 43-48 (Double Team is banned for a reason!). I'd had a terrible selectionn of pokes in this run, the only legend that appeared was Regigigas (lol), but Cradily always managed to save my hide. My team when I met with Thorton was Sitrus Berry Download P-Z, Endure-Salac Reversal Heracross, and Lefties Toxic Stall Cradily.

Thorton led with Staraptor. I couldn't afford to switch out of it, and P-Z went down to CC. I sent out Heracross next, using Endure to activate Salac berry. However, the Psychic AI knew I would, and used CC instead, taking me LITERALLY to ~45% HP, just enough so my berry didn't activate, and I'd be 2HKO'd. My only choice was to risk Endure again... and it worked, I activated Salac and OHKO'd Staraptor next turn with Reversal. Next comes Gallade... and which point I know I'm in a bind... I use Reversal, praying that a resisted 300BP move will be enough against Gallade's pitiful Defense... and it survives with under 5% HP. It uses CC to finish Heracross, and Cradily is promptly OHKO'd by CC as well.

Ironic that the only attack Thorton ever used against me was Close Combat. Guess I'll be taking a break from the Factory for a while... losing on the Gold Print match is a killer. I'll upload the battle to wifi battles if anyone wants to watch, and take a picture when I get the chance for proof.

Shroomisaur, Staraptor had Choice Band, so it was forced to use Close Combat again. It would've used Brave Bird otherwise. Unfortunately, you couldn't know which Staraptor it was, so keeping Porygon-Z in as death fodder was the best choice (though it probably would've survived a hit against any other Staraptor set).

From the post, it's pretty clear you weren't checking the lists; I'm impressed that you got as far as you did without it. Megahorn would've been the best move to use on Gallade, since he's neutral to it, meaning it would have KO'd (if it hit).

Still, at least you didn't lose the Gold Print match the way I did (two Lax Incense misses in a row with a 4x Dragon Danced Tyranitar)! But I know the feeling; I REALLY didn't want to play the Factory for a while after I lost that match.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Shroomisaur, Staraptor had Choice Band, so it was forced to use Close Combat again. It would've used Brave Bird otherwise. Unfortunately, you couldn't know which Staraptor it was, so keeping Porygon-Z in as death fodder was the best choice (though it probably would've survived a hit against any other Staraptor set).

From the post, it's pretty clear you weren't checking the lists; I'm impressed that you got as far as you did without it. Megahorn would've been the best move to use on Gallade, since he's neutral to it, meaning it would have KO'd (if it hit).

Still, at least you didn't lose the Gold Print match the way I did (two Lax Incense misses in a row with a 4x Dragon Danced Tyranitar)! But I know the feeling; I REALLY didn't want to play the Factory for a while after I lost that match.
Thanks for you comment, that explains a lot. I didn't know that particular Staraptor had a CB; I hadn't encountered one in the Factory. Turns out that was a perfect item for it, able to 1-2HKO my entire team....

And regarding my Reversal vs Megahorn dillemma, I knew that Megahorn was the stronger choice, but I didn't want to risk a miss, because I knew it'd be instant game-over. The base power of Reversal vs Megahorn was 150 to 180, and I thought Reversal could pull off the kill... but it fell just short.

It was one of those situations where if Reversal failed to kill, I'd be kicking myself... and if Megahorn missed, I'd also be kicking myself! I got the battle video uploaded now, the number is: 14-97385-54332.

Here I was creeping up slowly on the Doubles BT leaderboard, happy with my progress so far. Then I search the GTS videos for Doubles BT vids and find some guy in the 3500s! No way to know if any hacking was involved but his strategy is legit enough to be believable.

48-51073-85473 is one of his vids. I only found the ones in which he used a Bronzong and he seems to experiment with a number of teams so who knows what other vids he has up.

Good point lol my team atm is

Metagross
Trick
Meteor mash
Flash
Scary face

Currently standard salam but going to change it to

Flygon
Sub
Double team
Equake
Rock slide

Then the water type

Basicly meta tricks into electric ground or fire which all will be able to set up easierly on

Found vap lying about and been working ok but not overly impressed been using

Acid armor
Toxic
Surf
Ice beam

Cheers in advance
I really can't understand a lot of what you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to set up a sweep for Flygon? Consider Outrage over Rock Slide on Flygon, because Flygon really isn't that strong, I would almost always use Garchomp instead, and consider Wish on Vaporeon over Acid Armor

After far too long, I'm finally posting my newest Battle Tower streak. I finally surpassed my goal of 300. Now I can die a happy man, lol.

Same team as last time, with just a small modification to Drapion's EV spread.

Platnium Battle Tower Singles Streak: 383

Latias @ Choice Scarf ** (Aurora)
Timid
EVs: 252 Hp / 172 Def / 84 Spe
IVs: 31/17/31/31/31/31
~Levitate~
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Charm
-Flash

Getting a Timid Latias with near-perfect IVs is a pain. I upped the Speed EV count to 84 to outspeed Garchomp 2-4 after Tricking the Scarf so I can hit them with Charm. Latias has yet to fail me as a lead.

Drapion @ Black Sludge ** (Neurotoxin)
Careful
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 32 Def / 220 Sp. Def
IVs: 31/31/31/16/31/31
~Battle Armor~
-Crunch
-Accupressure
-Substitute
-Rest

Yeah, it's basically Jumpman's Drapion. I modified the EV spread to give him a little more bulk on the physical side as well as high Special Defense. Originally, I had placed the 4 extra EVs in Speed, but I realized that was pointless and moved them to Attack, where they might do some good.

Scizor @ Leftovers ** (G.E.A.R.)
Adamant
EVs: 152 Hp / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/4/31/31
~Technician~
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Substitute
-Swords Dance

Scizor is the closest thing to "uber" outside of the usual suspects in the Tower. Speed EVs for outspeeding Heatran, who my team hates with a passion. He'll usually only come in on the powerful attacks that Drapion doesn't resist (I'm looking at you, Ice Beam, Outrage, Dragon Pulse, ect). He's an excellent partner for Drapion, since he can generally OHKO or 2HKO anything in the tower at +6 Attack and he resists most anything that Drapion and Latias don't. In fact, the only type unresisted between the three of them is Flying, which isn't too bothersome unless you're looking at Staraptor's Brave Bird. I know that my team is similar Jumpman's DRAPULA I, but I've changed it up plenty.

Btw, G.E.A.R stands for Gigantic Erratic Aluminum Roach, in case you were wondering ;)

Threats List:

QC OHKO Users: Nothing but a cesspool of pure evil here. There's nothing you can do against them unless you have a Sub up when they come out. And even then, you're not safe unless you can OHKO them instantly.

Choice Item Leads/Trick Leads: Always hazzardous for Trick teams. There are few things worse than Tricking the Scarf and then having it handed right back to you. Choice Item leads are less problematic, but similarly irritating.

The Untrickables: Leads like Gastrodon and Muk are a nuisance because you can't trick to them. Their Sticky Hold ability prevents Trick from working.

Clear Body: Metagross, Regice, Regirock, Tentacruel, and Registeel. They're immovable lumps of pain that mess up the entire strategy because they're impossible to weaken with Charm/Flash. Torkoal and Hyper Cutter users are similarly annoying, only less so.

Heatran: He's a monster. Even if he's coming out in second or third position, there's no garantee of a victory. My first run with this team fell to Heatran 3. On top of that, Focus Sashed Heatran 2 and Brightpowder Heatran 3 spell doom to Scizor.

Battle 384 Warstory: First Pokemon out is Magnezone 4, and I Trick the Scarf, only to be hit with a crit Signal Beam. I use Thunder Wave, then Latias faints.

I send out Drapion. I get off two Accupressure's for two attack boosts, and Signal Beam has me to ~60% when Drapion becomes confused. Drapion hurts itself in confusion and then gets hit with Signal Beam, then hurts itself in confusion again, fainting.

I'm pissed at this point, but I send out Scizor and Sub up. I Swords Dance, Sub again, Swords Dance, Magnezone's fully paralyzed, Swords Dance again, Sub breaks again, third Sub, and Brick Break for the KO.

Next out, Heatran 4. I used Brick Break, it hangs on with the Sash, Magma Storm breaks what's left of my Substitute. I use Bullet Punch for the KO.

The third Pokemon? Arcanine 3, with Intimidate. I use Bullet Punch, knowing I'm screwed. It does ~75% damage and Arcanine KO's with Overheat.

Now, you want to know the chances of all the hax?

1/16 x 1/10 x 1/2 x 1/10 x 1/2 = 1/6400

So basically, the tower said "screw you, you're not getting any farther."

I wish I could post a picture or Battle Video, but my computer and hardware are still both horrible, so no such luck.

Cheers, and let me know if I've made any mistakes.

I really can't understand a lot of what you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to set up a sweep for Flygon? Consider Outrage over Rock Slide on Flygon, because Flygon really isn't that strong, I would almost always use Garchomp instead, and consider Wish on Vaporeon over Acid Armor
I never got around to doing the flygon instead I used dragonIte, I got to 49th using metagross nite and vap was a haxy loss but decided to go with the same meta, standard chomp and nasty plot tkiss, so I can still set up on all metas weakness but have to be carefull on fire, if this doesn't work i'm going to try gallade due to no1 else seems to have just to be different want to be myself not copy everyone else amazing teams.

Sorry if hard to read on me phone and its playing up

A small haxstory on factory, the first time I've been hit really bad.

19th battle (Battle Girl Ingrid) was my

721 | Exeggutor | Brave | Focus Sash | Wood Hammer | Zen Headbutt | Trick Room | Explosion | HP/Atk

724 | Vaporeon | Modest | Leftovers | Muddy Water | Blizzard | Aqua Ring | Yawn | HP/SpA

500 | Marowak | Adamant | Thick Club | Bone Rush | Fire Punch | ThunderPunch | Rock Slide | Atk/Def

vs

613 | Electivire | Quirky | Wide Lens | Thunder | DynamicPunch | Rock Slide | Iron Tail | Atk/SpA

526 | Glalie | Adamant | Lum Berry | Ice Fang | Crunch | Earthquake | Explosion | HP/Atk

Last guy was Weezing but he never came out so dunno which moveset.

Eggy vs Elec

Elec used Thunder, NVE, para. Eggy used Trick Room. 238/371
Eggy fully para, Elec DP hits, Eggy confused. 166
Eggy hits self 114, Elec DP hits, 44
Eggy fully para, Elec Thunder, KO Eggy

Maro vs Elec

Maro Bone Rush MISS , Elec Iron Tail def down, Trick Room End 143/234
Elec DP hits, Maro Confused. Maro hits self, KO Maro. 17 (be4 DP)

Vaporeon vs Elec

Elec Thunder, SE,para, Vaporeon survives (omg!) 79/441. Vapo yawns. 106 (after LO)
Elec Iron Tail, Def down, 7 HP (!!!). Vapo Aqua Rings. 61. Elec Sleep.
Vapo Muddy Water, Elec in red. Elec Sleep. 115.
Vapo Muddy, Elec KO. 169
Glalie.
Glalie Explodes, Crits, Vapo KO.

Nice streak, Eon.

Anyway, I got to 153 with my latest team:

Spiritomb *108* @ Choice Scarf
31/x/31/x/31/31
Careful / Pressure
252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
- Trick
- Flash
- Memento
- Will-O-Wisp

Man, this thing is great. The lack of weaknesses is a minor problem, but it's still a very useful lead.

Snorlax *Sleepyhead* @ Leftovers
31/31/31/x/31/x
Careful / Thick Fat
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
- Substitute
- Curse
- Return
- Crunch

Sleepy here is very effective at setting up, thanks to absurd special bulk and Thick Fat.

Salamence *Brutalander* @ Lum Berry
31/31/31/x/31/31
Adamant / Intimidate
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Outrage

Mence loves setting up on resisted physical attacks. Outrage is simply ridiculous at +6.

I finally lost to some ridiculous hax:

Weavile
Ice Punch, Trick
Ice Punch, W-o-W misses
Ice Punch, KO
Mence
switch to Snorlax, Ice Punch
Ice Punch, Sub
Ice Punch, Curse
Ice Punch, Return
Machamp
Dpunch, KO
Salamence, intimidate
Sub, Dpunch
(I Use DD in between Subing for a while.)
DD, Dpunch crits my sub
Outrage, KO
Heatran
Outrage, Dragon Pulse, KO

Yeah, it's basically Jumpman's Drapion. Two key differences, mine is Careful natured rather than Adamant natured
fyi, Jumpman's Drapion is Careful natured as well if you watched his youtube vid, maybe he didn't have time to edit his post... just so's you know

Hi guys! I've been a lurker in this section for quite some time now and I've decided to post my Battle Tower team and how I lost. By the way, my Battle Tower singles streak ended at 202. :(

202 Battle Tower Singles streak

Latias () @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid (Levitate)
IVs: 31 | 6 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 30
EVs: 252 Hp, 6 SpD, 252 Spe
Moveset:
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Charm
-Recover

Registeel () @ Left Overs
Nature: Careful (Clear Body)
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31
EVs: 252 Hp, 100 Atk, 140 Def, 16 SpD
Moveset:
-Curse
-Amnesia
-Substitute
-Iron Head

Garchomp () @ Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly (Sand Veil)
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | X | 31 | 31
EVs: 6 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Moveset:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Substitute
-Outrage

My closest match (lead Forretress)
Turn 1: Latias used Trick (missed because of Lax Incense -_-), Forretress used Explosion (Wtf no time to setup my team)
Turn 2: I brought out Registeel (hoping I could last for more turns), AI brought out Floatzel. Registeel used Curse (I knew Floatzel might have Brick Break so I was planning on boosting Registeel's defense), Floatzel used Brick Break... critical hit. -_-
Turn 3: I brought out Garchomp (I'm already losing hope cause Floatzel surely has an Ice move), Garchomp used Swords Dance. Floatzel used Ice Fang (Luckily I survived this with small hp left :S)
Turn 4: Garchomp used Outrage, Floatzel faints.
Turn 5: AI used Charizard. Garchomp used Outrage, Charizard faints. Phew! That was pretty close.

How I lost (lead Granbull, 202 match)
Turn 1: Latias used Trick, Granbull used Stone Edge.
Turn 2: Latias used Charm, Granbull used Stone Edge. (I made a wrong decision here, should have used Registeel aready. Guess I was impatient. I planned to use Garchomp after I lower Granbull's attack to finish the match quickly. -_-)
Turn 3: Latias used Charm, Granbull used Stone Edge (Stone Edge missed)
Turn 4: Latias used Recover, Granbull used Stone Edge (Stone Edge missed)
Turn 5: Latias used Charm, Granbull used Stone Edge
Turn 6: I switched to Garchomp, Granbull struggled.
Turn 7: Garchomp used Swords Dance, Granbull struggled.
Turn 8: Garchomp used Swords Dance, Granbull struggled.
Turn 9: Garchomp used Substitute, Granbull struggled. Granbull faints.
Turn 10: AI used Glalie. Garchomp used Earthquake (missed because of Lax Incense), Glalie used Blizzard (Sub broke)
Turn 11: Garchomp used Substitute, Glalie used Sheer Cold (Sub broke X_X)
Turn 12: Garchomp used Earthquake (low hp that's why I can't use Sub anymore... missed again. F$#@!!! -_-), Glalie used Blizzard. (Garchomp faints)
Turn 13: I brought out Registeel. Glalie used Sheer Cold. ONE HIT KO! Wtf. X_X
Turn 14: I brought out Latias (this is a clear loss). Latias used Thunder Wave, Glalie used Blizzard. (Latias faints) GG!

Hopefully I will try again til I reach at least 300 wins. And this time I will be more patient so this won't happen again. Will add photos soon.

fyi, Jumpman's Drapion is Careful natured as well if you watched his youtube vid, maybe he didn't have time to edit his post... just so's you know
Didn't watch his vid, but I'll take your word for it. *goes and edits post*

EDIT: Unglateman, nice one.

And the reason you lost is because you didn't try to keep Cursing with Snorlax. If you had done that, you probably could've won. Thick Fat cuts the damage from fire and ice attacks, like Weavile's Ice Punch. You had nothing to fear from it. I have no idea why you didn't set up fully.

Alright, after 312 wins, I finally lost my doubles streak in the SS Battle Tower. :(

I ran a pretty basic Trick Room team but rather than relying on Explosion, I depended on Endeavor to weaken things for the rest of my team to pick off. It worked very well and I was expecting some really, really bad hax to finish me off since I was able to rebound from some bad hax during streak and still manage to pull out victories. Alas, it was one part bad matchups and one part poor decision making that undid my streak. But first, let's introduce my team. It's not the most original team (somewhat a quasi-hybrid of Chinese Dood's and UPPERDECKER's teams) but it was effective and fun to use.

Relaxed @ Lum Berry
31 HP / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 29 SpA / 31 SpD / 0 Spe
252 HP, 140 D, 116 SD

Trick Room
Night Shade
Rock Slide
Foresight

One of the two best TR setup leads imo (other being Bronzong). Picked the Ghost genie for the Explosion immunity and its 100 base Attack. Even without Attack EVs, that 100 base gives Rock Slide just enough bite to finish off things weakened by a full health Endeavor.

I can only guess that the shaky 90 accuracy of Rock Slide turns people off and that's why it's not used more in the Battle Tower TR teams. In truth, it doesn't matter that much because even if Rock Slide misses and Cleffa dies as a result, I can usually send out Machamp/Metagross and finish off both opposing Pokemon the very next turn before they make a move. The extra damage to Fire/Flying/Bug/Ice types is quite nice and any flinches are a big bonus - giving Cleffa an extra turn to Endeavor means an extra KO for the pink wonder. Of course, I will use Night Shade when I feel like a guaranteed kill is required. All depends if I feel like the risk of missing is justified by the reward of hitting both opponents. Foresight is there for DT and Ghost types.

The only Pokemon on this team that remained unchanged throughout the streak. I'll probably end up tweaking those arbitrary EVs at some point though.

Relaxed @ Focus Sash
[random IVs]
[no EVs]

Protect
Endeavor
Reflect
Light Screen

Basic low level Endeavor user. Protect turn 1 while TR is set up, then Endeavor things down to low HP for Dusknoir to KO. I'll occasionally will have to Protect to scout for potential Fake Out but other than that it's balls to the wall attacking for lil' Cleffa. The screens are mostly filler in case I can't Endeavor (double Ghost) and Protect is not an option.

I originally ran Smeargle in this slot for the first ~200 or so battles. I switched it out because while Spore was useful, it never really meant the difference between a win and a loss. Fake Out seems like it would be helpful against certain threats but I never really encountered a situation where that would be a factor (I'm sure a lot of you disagree but I don't think anybody knows why the AI sometimes fail to double target the low level Pokemon on turn 1. Maybe I just got lucky Dusknoir didn't get Sheer Colded before TR during my run <_<). On the other hand, both Sandstorm and Hail were annoying me to no end in the sets leading up to my lineup switch. Poison Point and Flame Body were also troublesome to Smeargle when it Endeavored. Hence, Magic Guard Cleffa.

Brave @ Iron Ball
252 HP, 252 A, 4 D

DynamicPunch
Rock Slide
Fling
Protect

Absolutely the best cleanup Pokemon within TR conditions for the Battle Tower. 27 Speed after Iron Ball means it's almost guaranteed to go first, hits really hard, never misses, etc. Freaking amazing and I am perplexed when I see a TR team that doesn't use this thing. Moveset is pretty self explanatory but Protect is in case it gets partnered up with Metagross and it needs to Explode.

Initially, I had Leftovers (lol) and Ice Punch instead of Fling. Bulky Psychics were a problem though so I opted to go with Fling Iron Ball. Which also happened to solve one of my bigger fears (Fissure Bastiodon which would underspeed non-Iron Ball Machamp).

Brave @ Life Orb
252 HP, 252 A, 4 SD

Iron Head
ThunderPunch
Hammer Arm
Explosion

Picked Metagross because it hits hard and has some nice resistances even though its 70 base Speed isn't ideal for TR. Went with Hammer Arm for Steel Coverage since I didn't have any EQ immunities on the team. Being able to nail Normal types SE and getting a Speed drop here and there are nice bonuses. Since I didn't want two sub-100 accuracy moves, I went with Iron Head over Meteor Mash. ThunderPunch helps against Waters and tells Gyarados to GTFO. Boom rounds out the set with a desperation move should I need it.

Before I bred the TR Metagross, I was using a normal Adamant Metagross with 31 Speed IVs as a place holder and it sucked in TR with its 91 Speed. I had Bullet Punch to give it a better chance at hitting first but the lack of power really showed when I lost an earlier streak because an opposing Exeggutor kept Synthesizing off the damage while my Life Orb damage piled up. :[ (couldn't Explode since it was my final Pokemon)

---
So...how did I lose? By getting a mediocre matchup and by playing like crap!

Hypno and Exeggutor come out

Cleffa used Protect
Hypno tries to Zen Headbutt Cleffa
Exeggutor Ingrains
Dusknoir Trick Rooms

Cleffa Endeavors Hypno (Sitrus Berry restores some health)
Dusknoir Night Shades Hypno (who survives with 2 HP)
Exeggutor Hypnotizes Cleffa
Hypno breaks Cleffa's Sash with Zen Headbutt

Cleffa is sleeping
Dusknoir finishes off Hypno with Night Shade
Exeggutor kills Cleffa with Dream Eater

I send out Metagross
AI sends out Slowbro

Dusknoir Rock Slides but Slowbro evades; Exeggutor takes ~10% damage
Slowbro KOs Metagross with Flamethrower
Exeggutor misses with Hypnosis

I send out Machamp (and bring up the Pokemon database, realizing Slowbro is Specs'd)

Machamp Flings Iron Ball at Exeggutor and kills it
Dusknoir Night Shades Slowbro for ~25% damage
Slowbro Flamethrowers Machamp for ~40% damage

Trick Room ends
Metagross comes out

Machamp Protects
Metagross Psychics Machamp to no avail
Slowbro Flamethrowers Machamp to no avail
Dusknoir Trick Rooms

Dusknoir Night Shades Metagross to ~68% health
Slowbro Flamethrowers Dusknoir to ~66% health
Machamp DynamicPunches Metagross to ~25% health
Metagross Psychics Machamp and KOs it despite being confused

Dusknoir Night Shades Metagross to death
Slowbro Flamethrowers Dusknoir down to ~25% health

Dusknoir flinches Slowbro with Rock Slide but Slowbro still has ~60% health

Dusknoir Rock Slides again but no flinch this time; Slowbro @ ~45% health
Slowbro finishes Dusknoir with Flamethrower

Ugh.

1) Biggest reason why I lost is that damn Sitrus Berry putting Hypno out of Night Shade's KO range. If I went after Exeggutor first, Cleffa wouldn't have been incapacitated and the battle would have gone very differently. Guess I need to either use the database more often or memorize all those Sitrus Berry mons. :x I had encountered them before but it usually resulted in my Cleffa getting attacked instead of getting put to Sleep.

2) If I used the database, I would know that Ingrain Exeggutor's only attack is Dream Eater. I would've switched out my sleeping Cleffa, confident that the AI would give me a free switch.

3) Choice Specs Flamethrower from Slowbro does 86.6% - 102.7% to my Metagross. Bad dice roll (19%!) to get OHKO'd. I was planning to Explode that turn to go ahead by one Pokemon; instead I go down one Pokemon.

4) If I had sent out Machamp before Metagross, I could've KO'd Slowbro before it wreaked havoc (Fling + Night Shade KOs for sure). But I had no way of knowing that Flamethrower Slowbro would be my demise; I was more worried about Psychic since that was the running theme.

Battle Video # is 81-97442-67524 if you want to see the battle.

Gratz on your streak! :)

Yeah, for my streak I made sure that I was going to be able to deal with Slowbro and Slowking (which was why I had Tyranitar in the beginning, but Machamp was better for all the other threats).

My team was pretty much based off of TRE's anyway, so it wasn't like my team was very original either.

^Yea, I saw trick room teams and they looked like immense fun but I tried rain because it was much less explored at that point.

Anyways, just posting to say that, after reading Lati0s' post a few pages back about the doubles arcade, I gave it one more shot with my old latios/metagross/vaporeon team.

lol, my streak ended at 101, much the same way my 98 streak ended - basically, I sort of misplayed, and lost because TOXIC MISSED and because I had a vaporeon as opposed to a milotic which I had been debating getting, but had no opportunity to acquire.

I forgot exactly how it went, but I lost to blastoise, slowbro, and gallade thanks to trick room... Blastoise ended up being the reason I lost because I left it on the field for too long and it was an offensive version.

first turn I hit slowbro with t-bolt + EQ, but it somehow survived and blastoise did around 60% to latios. At that point I should have switched latios for vaporeon, because nothing at that point could kill vaporeon and latios would clean up once trick room was gone. But, I was stupid and latios died.

Later on I tried to explode with metagross ftw, but blastoise out of the blue pulled a random hydro cannon out of his *** to KO metagross and leave it on a 2 on 1.

Oh, and one more thing - I lost because stupid toxic missed blastoise. Had it hit blastoise would have died, and I would have been left 1v1 with a vaporeon against a gallade whose best option was t-punch. It might sound bad, but t-punch only did like 40% and I definitely could have one.

Well, Lati0s I guess you've won but at least I achieved my goal of 100+ although I'm disappointed that I lost because of:

a)misplay of leaving latios in
b)trick room
c)toxic missing
d)being too lazy to get a milotic

I'll probably post a picture sometime soon

@ Eon:

Yeah, I was playing badly in that streak. I was a bit worried about Ice Punch freezing Snorlax, though, so i decided to try and get it out of the way. I should have hit it with Memento rather than tried to WoW anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)