Nuzlocke Challenge

If I went to a route/cave (Rusturf Tunnel in this instance) and found my first Pokemon but had no Poke Balls, would I be able to catch another one from the same area so long as I didn't faint it? I'm guessing no, but I dunno.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EDIT @ Chocolate, its up to you but I would say no. Still I guess it might depend on what rules you have set for yourself.

Previously in my Nuzlocke
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3080331&postcount=1838

O.K so I finally got off my ass and posted this.

Continuing my journey I left Goldenrod city and headed up to Ecruteak City. I captured a Sudowoodo before finally arriving at the City. I was very tired and decided to take a break to train my pokemon. I knew that Morty was a user of Ghost types which suited Mortys personality. Trainers had told me about his personal desire to succeed above all else and I knew that my comming battle would be tough. The issue at hand however, was that most of my pokemon could not harm Ghost pokemon so really, if Sobek and RBG fell, then this competition would end here.

So I took the day off and trained. I met a man named Bill who gave me an Eevee and I trainer that too. In fact Eevee evolved on bright Sunday morning into an Espeon. I celebrate its mystical strength I named it Aura.
I knew I must battle Morty soon but to delay the inevitable I decided to visit the Burned Tower. To my surprise Matt was also there. I tried to leave but it was too late, he had spotted me.We both reached for our pokemon.......

"Its not fair" Matt cried. His team had been crushed by my own in a mater of minutes. RBG had been very effective destroying Bayleaf without trouble. Matt was livid and stalked out of the tower. My pokemon needed a bit of healing but I decided to give him some space. After all I had just crushed him. For most challengers, the reverse was true in that there Rivals crushed them. Shrugging my shoulders I explored deeper into the Tower.

I explored deeper into the tower before I heard growls. Curious I headed in the direction. I turned the corner and before my very eyes I saw 3 Glorious beasts. 2 of them fled at the sight of me however the Blue beast jumped in front of me and stared into my eyes. Its eyes almost seemed like X-Rays and I felt that it was analyzing me. Then it gave a bark and ran off.

After discussion with a man named Eusine I learnt that the Blue beast was named Suicune. Apparently it seemed to have taken a liking to me. It was interesting but I knew that I could not wait around. Inactive challengers were sometimes killed for the heck of it, Morty was waiting.

Sobek had learnt Bite and thus was very effective at defeating Mortys underlings. In moments I stood before Morty. I was not confident. Morty gave me an evil grin. His very posture signaled that I was nothing more than an annoyance to him. Without a word he send out a Gastly.

I countered with Sobek and Managed to take down the ghost without any trouble. Morty seemed to focus a bit more as he sent out a Gengar. Keen to seize a quick advantage I ordered a Bite but Gengar was too fast. It dodged and Morty ordered an Hypnosis. Red beams flashed out, striking Sobek. Without a word it crumpled to the ground.

At first I feared that it was dead but then I saw its light breathing and knew it was asleep. I then realized Mortys strategy. Sleep his opponents pokemon and then when they cannot attack, go for the kill. Thinking fast I called out RBG. Morty did not seem to care. He ordered a Shadow Ball which slammed into RBG, knocking it out of the air. Morty called forth another Hypnosis and waves of red energy blasted towards RBG. However, Morty had miscalculated. Gengar was fast, very fast, but while Gengar was lighting fast RBG was invisible. None of those waves of red light found there mark. RBG dodged, zigzagged and attempted complex maneuvers abusing its speed as much as possible. Filled with frustration Morty screamed an order. A ball of purple energy was formed and blasted with deadly accuracy. It hit its target and RBG went down... before glowing. Having used Roost its health was back to normal. RBG latched onto Gengar with a Bite, lashing at it with its fangs. Gengar retaliated with Shadow Balls but RBG managed to shrug off these hits and KO'ed Gengar.

With his main sweeper down Morty was up against it. Both of his Haunters perished to RBG's Bite and the badge was mine.

The moments after beating Morty were exhilarating. I had managed to get 4 Gym Badges against all odds and I felt for the first time that I might have a chance. I left for Olivine in high spirits. There I meet Matt but he did not want a battle. He told me that I needed to be stronger before challenging Jasmine so I went to the Lighthouse to train. After I had cleared out the lighthouse I decided to head over to Cianwood City and beat the Gym leader there. I heard that he was a master of Fighting typed pokemon and I knew that with a New Venomoth and a Crobat that battle would be easy.

Chuck was easy. My beloved Moonbeam destroyed Primeape and badly weakened Poliwrath. However repeated Body Slams from Poliwrath took its toll and I had to withdraw it for RBG who finished it off with little trouble.

Sobek also had evolved during this time so I headed over to Olivine to take down Jasmine. I knew that she would not be easy. With her flinty personality she sent out a Magnemite which was dispatched by Chaos (Nidoking). Steelix was her next pokemon and I called forth Moonbeam. Jasmine gave a cold smile, confident that the moth could do nothing to her Iron Snake. She was sadly mistaken. Moonbeam had become the powerhouse of the team and blasted Steelix with a Signal Beam stripping it of just under half its health. Jasmine briefly lost her composure at this and I saw a flash of surprise before she regathered herself, realizing that Moonbeam had Tinted Lens. Steelix's tail glowed pure white. It slammed into Moonbeam driving it into the ground. I rushed over, certain that Moonbeam had passed into the void...

and Moonbeam soared back into the air. The Iron Tail had hurt it but not badly and now it retailiated with another blast of energy. I second Iron Tail connected and again Moonbeam got back up. Its endurance was amazing but the Sandstorm had taken its toll on Moonbeam so I recalled it and sent out Sorbek who finished the job with some blasts of water. Chaos dispatched the next Magnemite and again, victory was mine.

3 Gym battles in a row had left me feeling drained so I took a break and did some more training. Shrapnel evolved which meant I could add entry hazards to my battle strategies. I heard about Gyarados rampaging and so headed up to the Lake of Rage where I caught a Red Gyarados and added it to my party. I also met up with Lance which I teamed up with to take down team Rocket in Mahogany Town. With Team Rocket out of the way, I set my sights on my second to last gym badge.

Whooo Cliffhanger!

O.K being serious now I hate cliffhangers so will update this with Pryce AND Clair after I take a break.

Sorry if the battle scenes in the Jasmine and Chuck battles were a bit gay. It was just that I swept both of them pretty bad and could not find anything to say lol. Will edit this shortly (unless somebody posts after this!)

EDIT

Fuck it just Pryce

The Gym was freezing cold. This was my first thought as I stepped into the Mahogany Gym. Ice was everywhere and Pryce's underlings had wrapped up warm. Anyway I had no idea what strategy Pryce would use. All I knew was that he used Ice type pokemon... and I was weak to Ice type pokemon.

Pryce stared at me coldly before calling out a Seel. I started off with Chaos. Pryce's breifly had a look of confusion on his fce before it was replaced with a look of confidence. After all, what could a Nidoking (weak to Ice) do to Seel. Pryce found out seconds later as Chaos blasted Seel with a Thunderbolt. Pryce gritted his teeth before Ordering an Icy Wind. An Icy Blast swept into Chaos affecting its mobility. Seel then blasted off an icy rainbow beam which smashed into Chaos. Chaos looked hurt but it managed to regather itself and killed Seel with a Thunderbolt.

Pryce's face twisted into a sneer as he sent out his next pokemon, a Dewgong. Chaos blasted a Thunderbolt at Dewgong while Dewgong retaliated with an Aurora Beam. Chaos barely managed to survive the Icy onslaught while Dewgong looked relatively fine with only a third of its health gone. Worried for Chaos's life I sent on Aura who was met with a crushing Ice Shard which knocked it along the freezing cold gym floor. I realized that Dewgong was very dangerous and ordered a PsyBeam. A massive golden beam slammed into Dewgong. I went skidding along the ground before hitting an Ice Pillar and crumpled. It did not get up.

2 Pokemon down and Pryce still had not said anything to me. He was just snearing at me apparently still confident. I was rather intimidated. I hoped that my team could handle what would be comming next. Pryce called out a Piloswine. Hopeing to strike quickly I told Aura to fire a Psybeam. It did and took off 1/2 of Piloswine's health. Piloswine gave a small glow and recovered some health with its Berry. It then used hail which caused a massive ice storm to appear. Hail struck at Aura damaging it. I look around for Piloswine before being unable to see it. I realized that its snow cloak had activated and now Pryces true stratigy had come into play. Hail wears is opponent down while the opponent is unable to attack. Aura charged up a Psybeam. It blasted through the hail and somehow hit Piloswine taking it into the red zone. Piloswine then charged forward, its tusks glowing with white energy. It slammed into Aura sending it smashing into the gym wall. Aura was so very weak. It struggled to get back to its feet but collapsed under another bout of hail. With a bare 15 health left I knew it could no longer continue and sent out my Shrapnel in Aura's place. Pryce takes a moment to heal his Piloswine. I order a mirror shot, Shrapnel glows white then blasts a hard steel ball toward Piloswine. Piloswine then vanishs under the hail. I catch sight of it, unharmed and its clear that Shrapnel has missed its target. However Pryce orders Piloswine to use a Mudbomb. I ball of earth blasts toward Shrapnel. Shrapnel is unable to dodge and the ball of sludge connects hurting Shrapnel. Shrapnel is badly hurt and predicting a similar move I go to RBG who easily dodges the Mud Bomb. Worried about a Blizzard I quickly U-turn with RBG. RBG is fast and manages to strike through the hail dealing a solid blow to Piloswine before switching out to Sorbek. In retaliation Piloswine uses a Blizzard which almost knocks Sorbek off its feet. However, it stays strong and manages to shrug of the blizzard attack.

I quickly issue a Crunch and Sorbek bits down hard on Piloswine. Not to be outdone Piloswine hits Sobek from close range with a Mud Bomb which gets in Sobeks eyes, making it harder to see. I switch to RBG predicting a Mud Bomb and am rewarded as RBG dodges the earth ball. again I U-turn out fearing an Ice Attack and bring in Sorbek which gets hit by a Blizzard again. The attacks are taking there toll on Sorbek but I am so close. I order a Crunch and Sobek bites hard on Piloswine. Piloswine barely survives and agains strikes hard from close range with a Mud Bomb. Sorbek is a tough croc but this hit was almost one too many. Hail keeps striking and manages to survive with 13 health left. I realize that again, percentages will determine if I lose a friend. Piloswine has about a 30% chance of dodging Sobeks attack which means I lose my friend. on the other hand I have nothing that can take a Blizzard either. I make a decision. a flash of light, RBG appears managing to avoid the Mud Bomb which Pryce had ordered. It then slams hard into Piloswine killling it and ending this long battle.

Remember STILL I have not suffered a death

I think I'll be starting a Platinum Nuzlocke, just to try things out.

I won't make it to hard for myself, as I will use potions and stuff during battle, but not outside. I will stick to the rule that you can only attempt to catch the first Pokémon you encounter on a route. And of course, all of my Pokés will get a nickname, to bond for a bit.

After getting crushe on Pearl due to failing to train properly (I don't believe in any sort of power training), I crafted story with the potential to cover Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn by the time it begins. Once I find my Game Boy, I'm starting FireRed, for Part I, The Hero.

Currently trying a Nuzlocke on Emerald. Team is:

Incendix (Combusken) lv 25
Calamity (Linoone) lv 23
Marimegana (Gloom) lv 22
Exile (Dustox) lv 17
Spiritanon (Aron) lv 10

Noizea (Whismur) and Aldaron (Poochyena) are boxed. No Pokemon have died yet (except for wild Pokemon I decided not to catch - a Magikarp and two doublers). Currently trying to beat Wattson.

Edit: Whew, that was harsh. Manectric almost raped me, but I sacrificed Exile and Spiritanon to get in Calamity safely, and finally bring an end to this battle. RIP, both of you, and thanks for the hard work...

Game: FireRed
Starter: Bulbasaur
Rules: Can only buy three pokeballs, and only when I run out. If something is KO'd, it is boxed, or "dead." Can only catch one Pokemon per route, no training outside of normal storyline, or avoiding notable battles, (second rival battle, fighting gym, the Legendary birds, etc.) No Pokemon may be caught if it shares the same type as another member of my party (helps to reconcile my no training rule), and finally, no legendaries may be used, and nicknames are required.
On to the story:
THE NUZLOCKE SEGA PART ONE:
THE HERO
Chapter One: The Sacrifice
I got out of bed, ecstatic that morning. Of course, it was a beautiful day, it always is in Pallet Town. But today was my tenth birthday, the day I got my first Pokemon. It didn't always used to be like that, or so I've been told. It used to be that nobody had to have a liscence to have a Pokemon, some people befriended them as soon as they could walk. But that was done away with when the empire came. Along with so much else. The empire viewed Pokemon as dangerous to thier stability, so there were many restrictions on the number of Pokemon one could have, and the giving of a first Pokemon. And nobody broke the rules. The gym leaders ensured that, reigning over the towns, enforcing the rules, and keeping anyone who got to arrogant in line. They also guarded secrets, or so I had been told.

Anyways, Pallet had no leader. Instead, the Professor oversaw the town. It wasn't known why he was in charge, but some claimed that he had done something great for the empire, far away, and long ago. The Professor was the one who would give me my first Pokemon today, along with his grandson, Gary. By the time I got over to the lab, Gary and the Professor were already waiting. After a little criticism from Gary, which was ignored, Professor Oak began to speak to us.

"Boys, today you embark on a grand adventure, a tale of glory and fame, that may have the fate of the world riding upon it, but first you must pick a Pokemon." He turned to me and said, "Gary has already picked his, now you may pick yours. I gazed over the options, but I had known for a while what I wanted.

"I pick the Bulbasaur."

Oak smiled at me, picked up the Pokeball, and sent out the Pokemon inside. This here is the last one I have. It's still very young. Are you sure this is the one you want?"
About as sure as I was alive. I was asked if I wanted to nickname him, and I decided upon Ivy for some reason. As we walked out the door, Gary came rushing to block our path, saying he wanted to show me who the next leader was. He sent out his Pokemon; a Charmander. Just the very thing I didn't need. I ordered Ivy to growl at it, threatening it to see if we could just avoid the fight. It didn't work, and I ordered Ivy to fight back. After a long series of Tackles and Scratches, Ivy came out victorious, and I had to pull it off of Charmander before it finished off my rival's Pokemon.
I left that battle feeling better than I ever had, laughing all the way up route One with Ivy, enjoying each other's company. We saw a single Rattata along the way, and I had Ivy test it's skills. Rattata was no match for Ivy, and died before I could hold Ivy back. Ivy looked back up at me, still smiling with the Rattata's blood smearing it's face. I felt a strange hollowness looking at the dead Rattata, and decided it was pointless to stay there. Death was a fact of life in the world. It could have died worse.

Before we knew it, we were into Viridian city, where we rested for a while at the Pokemon center. After strolling around for a while, we ambled into the Pokemon center, where we found a clerk behind the desk, reading a magazine. He looked up at us, and asked if I was from Pallet Town. Upon hearing my answer, he nervously glanced around, and in a hushed voice told me he had something he wanted me to bring to Oak. The seriousness he portrayed scared me a bit, but I said yes.

We nervously ran back to Pallet, rather excited with the new mission. We didn't stop until we reached Oak's lab. Oak looked at the package for a moment in a look of awe and horror, and ordered the aides out of the lab. He sat quietly for a moment, and then began to speak.

"It's been a long time since they came. Far too long. I fought the empire long ago in a region far away. I came to realize that maybe the empire wasn't that bad, and I eventually became one of thier top commanders, until I decided to retire in my homeland Kanto. That was when I truly began to hate the empire, watching all they did to this region... it was so much worse. I was too old to fight it, but I knew that one day, somebody would rise up who could fight the empire. I have watched you for a long time, and decided that maybe working together, you and Gary could overthrow the empire. I had hoped to wait a while, but we don't have time. The keys to the empire's downfall lie with the Gym Leaders. When the empire came, they used three keys to imprison the guardians of the land. Those are held by the leaders. If the guardian's are unleashed... the empire can not stand. Go and challenge the leaders to get the badges. But you and Ivy won't be alone. One of my friends smuggled me some Pokeballs. You can use these to catch more Pokemon to help you in your quest. I would not catch too many in a single place though, or the empire might catch on. It's all on you now. I've taken to much time." He looked at a screen in the lab, and a look of horror came over his face. "Go! Now!"

I didn't question him, and ran for my life out of the lab. By the time I had left the city, I saw a single man on a Dragon fly over the lab. The dragon reared back it's head, and shot a stream of flames that hit the lab and exploding, sparking a fire that would consume the town. I ran as hard as I could away from that inferno. Never looking back. When I got to Viridian, I asked around to see if anyone had seen Gary. I figured he deserved to know. Somebody finally told me that he had been seen heading towards the league. I sought him out. On the way, I came across some Grass, and decided to train Ivy up a bit, even though it looked very tired from the events of the day. But when we entered the grass, a particularly stron Rattata appeared, and Ivy fought it in a spectacular battle, at some point in which, Ivy shot a barrage of seeds at Rattata and began sucking it's energy. Right when it looked like the Rattata would finally subcomb, I remembered Oak's gift, and threw a Pokeball at the Rattata, which was captured within it. At that moment, I saw the sun rise over the Plateau, and arbitrarily decided to name the Rattata Dawn. We were all tired, and I wasn't sure if I could handle giving Gary the news yet, so we spent the day/night at the Pokemon Center.

Setting out the next day, we found Gary almost immediately. He took the news in silence.
"You're lying, I know it! You will pay for your lies! Pidgey, show them what we do to liars!"

He sent out a Pidgey to attack, and I countered wiht Ivy, who easily outstalled and overcame the Pidgey, which Gary recalled before it died. He raised his next Pokeball, and sent out Charmander. I didn't want to fight it with a Grass type, so I switched out in favor of Dawn. After a rough exchange of blows, Charmander reached out, and slashed Dawn in the belly with extreme force (critical hit) and sent Dawn sprawling. Never to get up. Furious now, I sent in Ivy, not even thinking solely wanting to avenge Dawn. After leaching Charmander of it's health, I ordered one last tackle to take out the menace, which Charmander somehow survived, but had to be withdrawn. With that out of the way, Gary stormed off, and I rushed over to Dawn's cold body.

To Be Continued...

There it is, part one.
Party:
Ivy (Bulbasaur) Lv. 7

Dead:
Dawn (Rattata) Lv. 5

Any comments on the story, let me know. Next up is the match against Brock.

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is how a heart breaks...

I existed the Gym filled with relief. I had not suffered a single casualty after 7 gym battles. Such a feat was almost unheard of. In fact only one person in Johto had ever got this far..... and then he had fallen at the last badge. I felt hopeful that I could pull this off and be the fist ever Johto winner of this challenge. I switched my radio on and a beat filled my ears. Then suddenly, a rush of static and then a new voice came across the airways...

Team Rocket.

Apparently after giving them a hiding at Mahogany town was not enough so I took to the skies, determined to stop Team Rocket.

I arrived into the radio tower and tore apart the door guard. Aura and Moonbeam were an awesome offensive duo which ripped apart anyone standing in our way. "The Director", was devastated by Auras' Psybeam. In the space of a few weeks Aura had gone from being a placeholder in the team, to a fully fledged psychic weapon. I met Matt in the basement of the Department store but he was no match for my team (again) being unable to even launch an attack. I realized that my team had become a weapon, a hammer to deal pain and destruction to whoever i wished. My team grew confident, more sure of themselves. After rescuing the real director I pushed onwards before matching up against Ariana. Moonbeam ripped apart here team before facing off against a Murkrow. I ordered a signal Beam, knowing that I would KO. However Murkrow was fast and it struck first dealing CRITICAL damage with a wing attack. Moonbeam fell to the ground, dead.

I saw my beloved moth fall in a heap and it was like I had been punched in the gut. I could not breathe. Ariana did not seem to care at my loss but I was still transfixed at my moths small, broken body. I remembered it as a Venonat, winning the bug catching contest with it. It winning key matchs for my such as the battle with Jasmine.

I was suddenly furious at myself and swore that Moonbeams death would be avenged. Chaos appeared at my side and then blasted off a thunderbolt to destroy Ariana. The Team Rocket boss was no match for Sorbek and Team Rocket were disbanded again. I set my sights on Blackthorn City.

Fortunately, 3rd Gen is the easiest gen to Nuzlocke. Beware the Milotic trainer after Fortree.
I disagree with this, becuase I have a no-grinding-pre e4 clause and a no items clause, and I feel minor grinding is close to neccecary for a hoenn game. I have only gotten past norman without grinding once and have been beaten by all of the first 5 gym leaders at least once (the roxanne one was bshax though. Actually, a lot of them were bshax).

Part of my issue is that I generally have a 4-5 man team by norman, and I feel a 3-man team would probably work better for that point in the game. In fact, just through theory here, a simple mudkip/dustox combo can close to singlehandedly beat the first 5 gyms in rs (emerald you would have a lot more trouble vs norman with just those two). I have acutally never gotten both kip and dustox on the same playthrough though.

Edit: I talk about the first 5 gyms a lot here as norman is a bitch to kill without grinding at all, unless you luck into a dustox or wingull, both of which learn protect naturally.

ginganinja

Update YEAH!

Well getting to Blackthorn was difficult to say the least. I had to travel through the freezing Ice Path. I added a Swinub to my party before carrying on. I eventually made it through and began training in earnest. I encountered a Phampy and had a brain wave. I flew back to Goldenrod and put Swinub and Phampy at the day care centre before returning and finding that Phampy had died while giving birth. However, I know had a new Phampy with Ice Shard. I called it Tremor. With my team finalized I kept training. Tremor was had to train as it was on such a low level but I would not be denyed. It was a Donphan in no time and eventually I felt my team was strong enough to defeat Clair.

I entered the gym and realized that Clair was a dragon pokemon user. I also knew I had to have a plan of attack otherwise my run would fail. After breezing through the trainers I felt ready to face Clair. The battle was on.

I sent our my trusty Shrapnel while Clair countered with Gyarados. Eager to gain momentum I ordered a layer of Toxic Spikes while Gyarados blasted a Dragon Rage. Back and forth we went with Gyarados attacking and Shrapnel taking hits and laying entry hazards. With Shrapnel on 10 Health I sent out Chaos who was met with a dragon Pulse. Chaos was a beast though and shrugged it off. Confident that Gyarados had little to fear from a Nidoking Clair again paid the price as Gyarados was met with a quick Thunderbolt.

Hoping to sweep through my team Clair brings in Kingdra and I face down the huge sea monster. I sent out RBG and quickly hit it with a U-Turn and sending out Aura. Kingdra blasts a smoky substance at Aura, making it harder to hit Kingdra. Quickly I order a Psybeam. Espeon blasts a Psybeam while Kingdra fires off a Hydro Pump. Kingdra takes a massive hit thanks to Aura wearing some trendy new shades but on the other hand, Aura is hurt quite bad from the Hydro Pump. Worried for Aura I send in Sobek which shrugs of a Hydro Pump. Then Kingdra begins to glow. I huge beam of white energy blasts out, slams into Sobek which in turn sends Sorbek spinning along the ground. Sobek smashes into a steal support beam and lies still. I fear that Sorbek has taken too much damage however Sorbek struggles to its feet. Barely alive it lunges forward Icy beams lancing out from its fangs. Kingdra survives the hit and prepares to finish of my friend but then it flashs purple and falls to the ground. Toxic Spikes had paid off, eliminating Kingdra for good.

With 2 Dragonairs left I send in Chaos. Chaos survives a Dragon Pulse before KO'ing both Dragonair with Ice Beam granting me victory and thus the first person in Johto to earn all 8 badges.

Btw story not over but I am tired lol

Chapter Two: The Fugitive

Ivy and I walked across the city that morning, and I couldn't shake the feeling of how exciting it was, even fun. It all seemed so cruel and ironic after the loss of everyone I had ever known, along with the Rattata, Dawn, I lost last night. Ivy was just so loving and carefree, it was hard to stay down. Whenever I would get sad, it would just start nudging me with it's vines, and I would start laughing. Maybe this is why the Empire considered Pokemon dangerous. Love could overcome the fear they ruled with. I figured it might not be long before somebody started looking for me, so Ivy and I decided to take Oak's last advice, and head on to the first gym in Pewter City. Right when we almost got to the forest, we looked back and I froze. It was the man who rode the dragon that destroyed Pallet. And he was staring right at me.

I took off and ran, and he began yelling to the crowd, telling them to pursue. We found a few weak bugs in the forest between Viridian and Pewter, but just crushed them mercilessly and swiftly and ran on. Apparantly, the word had spread to the other side of the forest too, because as we reached Pewter, a few bug catchers tried to stop us. Ivy didn't have time nor motivation to spare thier Pokemon. And there we were, blazing a trail of death through Viridian forest.

We decided to rest for the night shortly outside of Pewter. The searchers likely thought we were still in the woods, and we couldn't face the gym leader as tired as we were. I sat up late that night, contemplating recent events, trying to accept them so I could move on. Some were too painful to think about. Ivy sat there too, trying to comfort me. Maybe because it didn't yet know about death, except for those it killed, and Dawn, who it only knew breifly.

The next morning, we were ready to take on the leader at Pewter. He was probably inside his Gym, a massive citadel that controlled the city. Storming that and eliminating the guards would be difficult, to put it very mildly. I was very suprised when I found it almost unguarded, except for a small boy at the gate, who was easily put down by Ivy, and a new technique it learned in the forest, Vine Whip. The greatest suprise might have come from the leader though.

I braced myself when I approached the interior of the gym, not letting myself be lulled into a sense of safety by the lack of guards, who at a later point I realized were probably searching the forest. He was a lot younger than I expected, maybe about thirty. He gazed at me for a few moments, and then simply asked if I was the one giving the Empire all of the recent trouble. I hesitantly confirmed this, to which to my suprise he just smiled, and laughed, almost joyfully. And then he sent out his Geodude to try to kill me. Ivy had it on the floor, shattered into pieces before it even knew what hit it. He then begant to look a bit more serious, and sent out an Oniz which met a similar fate. He stared at its corpse for a long time, and then he handed my an emblem and a disk and walked away. I had the badge. There was no need to kill him.

As I bolted away from the city, I encountered someone I thought had died two days ago. An aide in a lab coat ran up to me, and started talking.
"I thought you had died."
"Same here."
He laughed a bit half-hartedly, "I thought I was dead for a moment too."
I steeled the nerve from myself somehow, "And my mom..."
His look told me all I needed to know. He handed me one last letter, with a label in my mother's handwriting, and walked off to the north.

To be continued...

Once again, any comments, feel free to give them. Next up is Misty.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Excellent story so far, Rediamond. The prose is a little bit jarring at times but the plot entirely makes up for that. It provides an intriguing look at the 3rd gen plot lines from a darker perspective an your changing minor pieces of the game into integral plot elements is excellent.
Kepp up the good work!

Thanks! I mean to actually go back and rewrite some of the portions of the story if I get done with the entire plot. I think I have about seven more chapters left, and then I will sit down during winter vacation and actually add dialogue, descriptions, etc. In the meantime, I still have to think up a part for Team Rocket to play. If anyone has any good ideas, feel free to PM them to me.

With 2 Dragonairs left I send in Chaos. Chaos survives a Dragon Pulse before KO'ing both Dragonair with Ice Beam granting me victory and thus the first person in Johto to earn all 8 badges.
I take it this is just your story, because I got to 8 first :P Which reminds me I should update, about to fight the E4 yet haven't updated since getting the Master Ball -_-

ginganinja

I take it this is just your story, because I got to 8 first :P Which reminds me I should update, about to fight the E4 yet haven't updated since getting the Master Ball -_-
Yeah just my story. Also this is my third and final HG Nuzlocke (one for each starter). I need to update you guys with my League challenge

After easily defeating Pryce, I headed to beat Claire. Her cronies were easily defeated, and her puzzle no match. She lead with Dragonair, while Ying led with DrgnSlayer. Powder Snow 2-HKO-ed it, it was after it hit him with Super effective Surf. I had to switch him out, and chose out Inception. Kingdra was his opponent. Thunder Punch and Night Mare eventually able to wear down Kingdra before it defeated Inception. She chose out another Dragonair, but DrnSlayer was still at low health, so Zombie stalled for time. Dragonair tried to Tbolt Zombie, but I switched to DrnSlayer swept her team.
I suspect Team Rocket Fled to Kanto, and standing between Me and Kanto is the E4. And Champion of the E4 is Lance. Time to head to E4.

My team:
Vengance, the Typhlosion Lv.38
-Flame Wheel
-Quick Attack
-Thunder Punch
- Smokescreen

Inception, the Hypno
-Confusion
-Hypnosis
-Thunder Punch
-Night Mare

Rock Star, the Sudowoodo Lv.34
-Rock Slide
-Mimic
-Flail
-Low Kick

DrgnSlayer, the Piloswine Lv. 36
-Fury Swipes
-Icy Wind
-Endure
-Mud-Slap

Aqua Man, the Gyrados lv.34
-Strength
-Dragon Rage
-Bite
-Surf

Zombie, the Haunter Lv.35
-Shadow Ball
-Confuse Ray
-Spite
-Mean Look

Time for update #10 of Flamestrike's Nuzlocke challenge! Finally into the double digits, hopefully I get to the end!
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6
Update #7
Update #8
Update #9

Entering the Dance Theater, Brandon saw all 5 Kimono Girls waiting for him. As he walked towards them, Houston close behind, the first one greeted him.
"Welcome, my name is Zuki," she said. "We have searched for someone who can bring back Ho-oh, and we feel you are the one who has the right qualities. I first met you in Violet, when you got the Pokemon Egg. Only a pure trainer with great potential could have hatched that Egg. In fact, not only did you hatch it, but you even trained the Pokemon that hatched from it, and it is now one of your strongest Pokemon, am I not right?" Brandon nodded, and she continued, smiling.
"However, purity and potential alone are not enough. We must test you to ensure you are capable of taking on the Legendary Pokemon. Are you ready?" Brandon thought about Silver, and how he had been beaten badly. But he knew that this was something he had to do. "I'm ready."
"Excellent, let us begin then."

Brandon sent out Houston, while Zuki revealed an Umbreon. Brandon smiled, knowing he had a great type advantage and probably an easy win. "Machamp, Cross Chop!" The four-armed Pokemon complied, using two of its hands to chop at the Umbreon. At first it looked like Umbreon would faint there and then, but it somehow managed to stand up again. "It's tougher than I thought", Brandon muttered, but he knew it couldn't take another hit. Then Zuki called her attack. "Umbreon, Confuse Ray!" Umbreon shot out an orb of light which swirled around Houston's head before hitting him. It did no damage, but Machamp was clearly disoriented. Brandon knew this was bad; confusion meant Machamp could very well end up hitting itself instead of its target. Still, he decided it wasn't worth letting something else get hit when he could possibly finish it off right here. "Machamp, finish it with another Cross Chop!" However, this time Machamp didn't even move towards the Umbreon, who could barely stand. Instead, he hit himself across the face. "Dammit!" Brandon exclaimed. Zuki merely smiled. "Dark Pulse!" she commanded. Umbreon gathered dark energy around itself and fired it at Houston. Houston resisted the attack, but if it didn't finish Umbreon off soon, it would get worn down. Desperate, Brandon called for another Cross Chop, but got the same result. Another Dark Pulse from Umbreon, and suddenly both Pokemon were tottering. Brandon knew Houston could still take a Dark Pulse and another hit to itself, so he decided to try one last Cross Chop. This time, Machamp shook its head, clearing its confusion, and hit Umbreon again, knocking it out almost instantly. "Thank goodness," Brandon thought to himself. He waited for the next Pokemon, but none came.

"Congratulations, you've beaten me. However, you still have the rest of my sisters to defeat before you can catch Ho-oh." Zuki turned around and took back her spot in the dance line, still smiling. A second girl came to replace her. "My name is Naoko," she said, "and I am the one you helped in Ilex Forest. I watched you defeat Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well when Kurt was injured. I will be your next test!" Houston stepped forward again, this time facing an Espeon. Brandon scowled. He had given Machamp a Payapa Berry for precisely this reason; it would reduce his weakness to Psychic attacks, allowing Houston to retaliate with Payback. However, Houston was so weak from the previous fight with Zuki that even with the Berry a Psychic-type move would still kill his Machamp. He had to switch. Tyler knew Shadow Ball, but it was likely that Espeon did as well, which would be a huge risk. Jill and Anthony would both have trouble taking special attacks, so they were out as well. That left Matty and Kyle. He decided that Kyle would probably be more useful against the other sisters, so he made his choice. Returning Houston to his Pokeball, he sent out Matty. Naoko called her attack. "Espeon, Psychic!" Matty was hit by the psychic energy, but showed no trouble with it. Even after Naoko called for it a second time, the Togekiss still looked like it was fine. Brandon was taking no chances though. "Matty, Roost up!" Matty landed and recovered some health, making it look virtually untouched. Naoko again called for Psychic, but this time Brandon had Matty retaliate with Fire Blast. Another repetition of those turns, and Espeon fainted. Naoko nodded. "Good job Brandon, but there are still three of us left. Don't get overconfident." She retook her position in the line, allowing a third girl to stand in front of Brandon.

The next girl was called Miki, and she sent out a Flareon. Once again Houston jumped out to take on the newest foe, but Brandon knew it wasn't nearly healthy enough. He quickly called it back, replacing it with Kyle. Even though Flareon's Fire Blast burnt it as it came in, the Lanturn had no problems defeating it with two Surfs. After her came Sayo, who used Jolteon. Brandon quickly replaced Houston with Jill, who was unaffected by Thunderbolt and ruined Jolteon's Double Team strategy with an Earthquake, knocking out the electric Pokemon in one hit. Finally, the last girl stepped out. Kuni, as she was called, sent out a Vaporeon. Once again, Houston was replaced, this time with the still-burnt Kyle. Despite the damage it had already taken and the burn, Kyle was still able to finish off the Vaporeon with two Discharges.

Zuki came forward again after Kuni had retaken her spot in the line. "We were not wrong about you," she said. "You are indeed worthy of the Clear Bell." She handed Brandon a small bell that was almost completely transparent. Then she continued, "We will await you at the top of the Bell Tower, where we will help you summon Ho-oh. Make sure you are ready; it will be a difficult fight." Brandon nodded. He had no idea how he would beat the Legendary Pokemon, let alone catch it, but he would certainly try.

Alive:
Matty the male Togekiss: Level 40, Quiet nature
-Roost
-Fire Blast
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
After evolution, Matty quickly proved just how powerful he is by coming in to relieve Kyle against Clair and finishing both Kingdra and Dragonair while ending the battle with relatively high health. Powerful attacks, recovery, and great Special Attack and Special Defense will make Matty easily the key member of my team. He also leads the team, and is the only one who can tolerate Anthony's arrogance, being friendly to him despite his attitude.

Jill the female Golem: Level 40, Rash nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Throw
-Protect
-Rock Smash
Earthquake alone has made Jill far more powerful, and while her common weaknesses hurt her slightly, her great physical Defense helps her greatly . She's both a great offensive contributor and a key defensive pivot, so she'll definitely see a lot of use down the road. While she is really close to the rest of the team, she can't bring herself to like Anthony, who since evolving has gone from overly shy to overly arrogant.

Tyler the male Alakazam: Level 40, Bashful nature
-Recover
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
Like Jill, a movepool upgrade has made Tyler even more formidable. With Psychic to replace the weaker Psybeam, he can rip through most Pokemon with ease. Although Tyler is far more quiet now that the team is essentially united, everyone in the group knows that they can always rely on his great wisdom and strength whenever it is needed. Matty has asked him to talk to Anthony and try to get him to change his arrogant ways, but Tyler feels they will fix themselves and refuses to interfere.

Houston the male Machamp: Level 40, Relaxed nature
-Payback
-Strength
-Cross Chop
-Dig
Houston continues to be a laid-back powerhouse for the team. Despite his attitude, he cares deeply for all his friends and will defend them to the death. While he isn't mean to Anthony, he doesn't care for his arrogant nature, and usually refuses to listen to him when he talks.

Kyle the male Chinchou: Level 41, Hasty nature
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Discharge
-Signal Beam
Kyle quickly earned the respect of the group, and was key against both Clair and her Gym trainers. His friendly, happy-go-lucky attitude made him quick friends with everyone in the group when he joined, but he can't stand Anthony's attitude, and is often arguing with him.

Anthony the male Mamoswine: Level 40, Jolly nature
-Ice Fang
-Ice Shard
-Endure
-Earthquake
Anthony was extremely shy as a Swinub because he felt he was too weak and useless to belong in the group. However, after two quick evolutions his power skyrocketed and his attitude changed drastically. His power boost has now made him feel like he deserves better treatment than the rest of the team, and as such the rest of the team dislikes him, particularly Kyle, who argues with Anthony constantly despite his usually carefree attitude. While still unproven in battle, Anthony is certain to be a powerhouse on my team.

Boxed:
Catherine the female Caterpie: Level 4, Lax nature
Laura the female Spearow: Level 3, Sassy nature
Kaila the female Drowzee: Level 10, Modest nature
Zach the male Nidoran: Level 12, Lax nature
Justin the male Kakuna: Level 13, Careful nature
Eric the male Sudowoodo: Level 20, Lax nature
Dylan the male Mankey: Level 15, Docile nature
Natasha the female Flaffy: Level 16, Mild nature
Jenn the female Rattata: Level 15, Bashful nature
Jillian the genderless Magnemite: Level 16, Jolly nature
Kayla the female Gyarados: Level 21, Jolly nature
Luke the male Tentacool: Level 20, Modest nature
Bill the male Weepinbell: Level 22, Modest nature
Colleen the female Gligar: Level 24, Calm nature
Ron the male Dratini: Level 15, ? nature

Dead:
Corey the male Cyndaquil: Level 13, Mild nature
-Quick Attack
-Leer
-Smokescreen
-Ember
Though shy, Corey was brave and always willing to stand up for his friends. He was my first Pokemon and I had hoped to have him along for the entire challenge. Unfortunately, Falkner ended those hopes with a critical hit Tackle from Pidgeotto that took me by surprise and ended my starter's life. RIP

Nick the male Rattata: Level 12, Mild nature
-Rock Smash
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Bite
Nick was the troublemaker of the group, but he was always ready to fight for his friends and was really close to Corey. After Corey's death I figured Nick was my best bet to finish off Falkner's Pidgeotto, but Roost gave it just enough time to kill Nick. RIP

Andrew the male Zubat: Level 20, Careful nature
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Astonish
-Bite
Andrew was the oddball of the group, and sometimes got on everyone's nerves, especially Melinda, who disliked him. However, the rest of the team liked him, and he became close friends with Jill. Sadly, he was a victim of my overconfidence, and was beaten by a Kadabra's Confusion before he had the chance to do anything. RIP

Melinda the female Weepinbell: Level 21, Lax nature
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Poison Powder
After the deaths of Corey and Nick, Melinda quickly became a key member of my team. While a great friend, she was rather uptight, and as a result she didn't get along with Andrew. However, after Andrew's death she was wracked with guilt, and determined to be friendly to any and every new member that joined. Unfortunately, she didn't live long enough to see a new member, as a Bite crit, Sleep Powder miss, and Ice Fang all combined to bring her down. RIP.

Sara the female Pidgeotto: Level 22, Relaxed nature
-Whirlwind
-Twister
-Gust
-Quick Attack
My team leader after Corey's early death, Sara was easy to anger but a great friend nonetheless. She bonded well with everyone on the team, and was saddened by every loss. However, not long after Melinda's death, she fought a Charmeleon and after missing multiple Quick Attacks due to Smokescreen a Dragon Rage killed her. RIP.
The only thing I really remember about these fights were all the hax; confusion on Machamp when he could have easily won the first two fights and maybe even the third on his own otherwise, then the burn on Kyle to add insult to injury. At least I managed to win without a casualty. I summed up the last three to save myself a huge wall of text. The first two were bad enough in full story-mode, I didn't feel the rest was all that important in comparison. Also didn't update the Pokemon since I haven't caught any new ones and can't remember my levels then. Next up: Ho-oh!

I've reached the next milestone, and will edit the story into this post later. It is a very sparse story, and while I would like to expand on this section, I do not have time at the moment. When I finish my power-writing in December, this part will be a lot longer. Just live with it for now.
EDIT: All right, here it is.
Chapters 1/2 (if link works...)http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68998&page=75
Chapter Three: The Revolt

The pain was hypnotising. It felt so much like watching Pallet burn. Terrible, yet there was no way to avoid looking at it. Eventually I got around to reading the note, but soon it was time to move on. Ivy stood reassuringly at my side, and he was probably the only thing that kept me going. I started towards Mt. Moon and Gym number two. I palmed the emblem Brock had given me. The seal of the legends, Oak had called it. I guess I would fin out. Of course, to make my life difficult and keep me out of total depression, there were trainers on the way. Ivy beat them all, not even needing me to give him commands. At the end of one particular battle, he began to glow and change, until an entirely different Pokemon stood in his place. I had heard Oak mention this before, evolution. Ivy seemed pleased, and started racing off towards the next trainer to demonstrate it's newfound power. We were unstoppable, crushing everything in our path. Sensing now my hatred of the empire, Ivy killed its supporters' Pokemon slowly, puuting them to sleep, and sapping thier health, enjoying the look of terror on the enemy's face, who now found their Pokemon powerless, to be finished off at Ivy's leisure. We rested briefly at the Pokemon center, the nurse to terrified to refuse us. We saw a salesman in there. I refused to buy his Magikarp, even after he promised free shipping and handling, with an extra Feebas thrown in for free. The mountain wasn't that bad either; everything was KO'd quickly, and there was almost no resistance. Towards the end, a few trainers blocked my path and it was very hesitantly that I finally approached them.

They called themselves Team Rocket, the legendary army of the empire. The imperial soldiers found themselves humbled pretty quickly. A scientist also tried to block my path. He barely made Ivy flinch. By the time we got into Cerulean, I was bold enough to walk right into Misty's gym and crush her.

Her cronies were easy enough, dispatched by leaves unleashed by Ivy. And then I got to the leader herself. She introduced herself as Misty, a top leader in the empire, and a strict water type user.

She wasn't nearly as confident as she watched her companions die. Right afterwards, she ran, dropping the badge in the process. I didn't have time to pursue her and pick up the badge. But I didn't need to. Townspeople began to pour into the gym, led by a man in a lab coat. He walked right up to Misty, completly unphazed, and asked her to calmly submit herself to the custody of the city, erupting massive cheers from the crowd. I wondered what was heppening as the crowd led her away, until the scientist walked up, and told me to meet him at his lab.

When I walked out, the town was in chaos, Team Rocket everywhere fighting with the crowd. I considered fighting, but glimpsed the lab in the distance, and saw the bulk of the Rocket forces heading there. I fell into stride with a familiar face before too long.

Gary cut me off short. He chided me about trying to take on Team Rocket, when obviously he was far stronger. I knew it was a battle. He wanted his vengeance, and I wanted mine. He led with a Pidgeotto, and I figured it was over. I thought back to the body of Dawn, left in Viridian, and decided to fight on regardless. I wanted vengeance on more than the empire. Pidgeotto couldn't put up much of a fight asleep. In fact, none of his team could, and he had to run off to heal his Pokemon. I ran past a bridge, glimpsing a cave as I ran, defeating every Rocket in my path. Eventually, I reached the Lab. Looking back, I saw the townspeople gazing on in awe. I had just routed an entire division of the imperial army. Alone.

As I walked into the lab, I heard people cheering. People who had had no hope. I wondered if I had actually helped them, or just ensured thier destruction when the empire came back.

Inside the lab, the man from earlier greeted me. He quickly introduced himself as Bill, began to tell me what I had just seen. Ever since Misty had taken over as a gym leader, the people of the city had held a resentment for the empire. Misty overtaxed the town's resources, building canals for her favorite Pokemon, and drowning those who defied. Bill had once been a leader of a plot to undermine the empire, along with Oak. His gaze drifted toward the cave I had seen for a moment, and then he mentioned that the plan fell apart when they were betrayed. He said that unrest had grown across the empire, and in some cases, just beating a leader might be enough to let loose a fire of revolt. He handed me a ticket, and spoke of a rebel meeting aboard the S.S. Anne in Vermilion. He had to stay back, and prepare the city for the counter-attack. He wanted me to go to the ship in his place.

I thought of all of this as I walked towards Vermillion. Oak a rebel? It was hard to accept, but then again, so was everything. The attendant at the ship gave me a curious look when I walked up, but let me through once he saw my ticket. To my suprise, Gary was there. To his, he was massacred by Ivy.

To be continued...

Next up is Lt. Surge, once again, any comment, fell free to tell them to me.
EDIT2: Have some more free time. I just wanted to state again that this will be about ten times longer once I do power-editing, but I sill have to keep up with the Nuzlocke. Current thoughts: I need to get something else. Like a flash user. And quickly. Of course, a level 29 Ivysaur can still tank a lot... but Dark Cave is going to be painfully slow, so the update might come on Monday or Tuesday. I should have seven chapters remaining at the moment, and then power-editing begins. The current question I have is on the nature of the Lost Tower, which I currently am relying on what I believe to be a plotline that dosen't quite abuse the tower's full potential. If anybody has any ideas, PM them to me.
Edit3: Chapter 4 later in the day. Almost ended my challenge after Ivy had to fight a Lv. 22 Clefairy, with Sing, +6 evasion, oh, and Ivy was infatuated. I will forever support evasion clause... Anyways, still looking for a nice Lost Tower plot, but it won't appear until Chapter 5.

After the harsh battle against Wattson, I didn't have too much trouble up until Flannery. Caught a Marill (named Sufralle) on route 117 and decided to train it, so Flannery would be a lot easier. After that, I caught a Koffing (Pollux) and a Skarmory (Evanis), killed a second Marill, failed to catch a Numel on Jagged Pass and beat most of the trainers, including Tabitha and Maxie. As expected, Sufralle (now Azumarill) utterly destroyed everything in the 4th Gym, hardly even losing HP.

Then shit hit the fan. After receiving my Go-Goggles, I suffered the worst possible casualty in the desert - Incendix (Combusken), at full HP, died to a CH Baltoy Selfdestruct. This will make everything a LOT harder, that's for sure... I wonder how I'm ever going to beat Norman without anything Fighting.

Team:

Sufralle (Azumarill) lv 33
Calamity (Linoone) lv 30
Marimegana (Gloom) lv 30
Evanis (Skarmory) lv 16
Pollux (Koffing) lv 15
Aldaron (Poochyena) lv 5

Boxed:

Reviello (Sandshrew) lv 20
Noizea (Whismur) lv 8

Died:

Spiritanon (Aron) lv 10
Exile (Dustox) lv 5-17
Incendix (Combusken) lv 5-31

Chapter 4: The Power

I faced the gym, ready for revenge. I thought back to the ship, the cutmaster telling me to run. Watching the dragon from Pallet fly up, watching it charge the beam that sent the ship and the rebels on board to the bottom of the ocean. This could not go on. It was more than personal now.

Ivy slashed the tree blocking our way in half, using the technique the cutmaster taught it. I had been told that Lt. Surge was protected by two switches, hidden in trash cans. In order to deactivate the shields, you had to press both in a row. It was supposed to be a very long process. After entering the gym I looked around a little, gazing at the endless rows of trash cans. Have to start somewhere, I thought. To my suprise, I walked right up to one... and hit a switch. Believing that to have been far too easy, I caustiously approached another trash can... and the lazer went off. First two cans and I hit the buttons... he might want to consider not putting the switches right in the first two cans.

After destroying his bodyguard in a completly unfiar fight, I was ready for the leader.

He was in an army uniform, not the Team Rocket type, but the kind they used to use, before the crackdown. He smiled cruelly, and introduced himself as a general during the crackdown. I had no chance. He lost some confidence when Voltorb went flying across the room to a single attack. While Pikachu managed to set up a little, it met a similar fate. Raichu was a bit of a challenge, and I actually had to resort back to sleep and leech seed to defeat it, but Ivy barely cared about the fight at all, and walked out almost laughing, badge three in my pocket.

I decided to head back to Bill, he would probably know what to do. When we met again, he didn't look nearly as confident as he had at our last meeting. Immediately after the sinking of the S.S. Anne, the empire diverted a huge number of troops to bring the city back under controll. Cerulean had held out, but barely. He mentioned that if I could earn even more badges, I could probably spark even more rebellions, motivating more resistance figures to go public, and forcing the empire into the defensive. Unfortunately, Saffron had been locked down to prevent just this from happening, and I had to take a very long detour, including a visit to another one of Bill's friends, Mr. Fuji. I hoped this didn't end up like my visit to the cutmaster. The first obstacle was the path to the west of Cerulean. Of course, there were trainers looking for the seemingly massive bounty on my head, but none of them were even worthy of facing Ivy, and fell quickly. Right before we entered the cave, one last trainer stood in our path. After Ivy was done crushing them, it let loose a horrible roar, and began to glow again.

The creature standing in it's place was massive, taller than I was, and seriously larger than anything I had yet seen. It roared again, and ran ahead into the darkness of Rock Tunnel.

For all of that, the cave was really long and anti-climatic. After a few fights, people even started running when we approached. There was a monster in that cave. And it had power. Despite the long, wandering time in the dark, Ivy never slowed down, crushing anything foolish enough to challenge us with a single hit. This went on until we reached Lavender town.

Bill told me that Mr. Fuji lived here, presiding over the town. It was rather like Pallet, simply not important enough to have a leader, so anti-empire figures tended to assume control. He was in the Lost Tower, the resting place of souls. I knew if I entered, I might never leave, so I forced myself to go on, promising to return eventually.

The path to Cerulean was very similar to a light version of Rock Tunnel: people ran from the power that they stood no chance against. And this time, it wasn't the empire. I paused by an underground tunnel, and smiled at the irony. The empie could lock up the land as much as they wanted, but thier downfall would come from the underground.

To be continued...

Next up is the battle against Erika. I decided that after Cerulean's rushed feeling, the next part would not be combined with anything else. So, there are still seven chapters to go. Once again, any comments, feel free to tell me.

I got to about Eterna in Diamond before realizing that I really didn't like the run. I'm saving the file, in case I want to pick it up later, but I'm doing another HeartGold run for now. I'll make this post the index for any future updates.

Chapter Five: The Blossoming

The actual path to Celadon from there was pretty uneventful, almost boring. The excitement came inside of the city. I snuck into the city silently, attempting to avoid notice, as always. Attention tends to be bad when your being chased down by the government, right in the middle of its territory. Of course, most people would say it is "bad" to watch everyone you've ever cared about, and some people you just met, die in a matter of two weeks. It's all relative I guess.

He froze when he saw me, and began to scream. Ivy began to silence him, but I stopped it. I wanted to fight. I wanted to stop running from the empire. It might have been suicidal, but I wanted it, and Ivy seemed to as well.

Predictably, the boy shouted, "It's him! He's here!" And everybody froze and began to run over. About the time I lost track of the crowd, I started to get nervous. I stepped forward, hoping to see how intent the crowd was on resistance, and to my suprise they started cheering, and began to lead me on to the center of the city. A sacrificial ritual perhaps.

At the town center, somebody began yelling for the crowd to part, which it willingly did, and a young girl, not older than sixteen stepped forward. She introduced herself as Erika, leader of the Celadon gym. Ivy roared, and I stepped back. This was why the crowd hadn't fought. Erika wanted to avenge the other three leaders. She welcomed me to Celadon, and to my suprise, told me I was fully welcome in the free city of Celadon, to which the crowd let out an immense cheer.

People came up afterwards, asking for signatures, battling advice, how I found the power to rebel, etc. Ivy seemed to enjoy the fame. I found out a few things. Erika had led an attack on Team Rocket, forcing them to hole up under the game corner, where they would eventually collapse without supplies. I couldn't believe it. I had caused a leader to betray, and a system to collapse, at least regionally. And it wasn't just here. Cerulean, Saffron, Cinnabar, they all had begun rebellions. And it was because of me.

Some people brought me gifts of gratitude as well. One lady gave me some tea for my travels. The best of all was brought by a Karate master.

It was a cute little Pokemon, more fur than Pokemon, and happily wagging its tail at me. He said that it had wanted to join my team after hearing about what I was doing. To avenge its parents. I couldn't believe that either. It was too little to actually know about death yet. But so was I.

I decided to keep it, but not really battle with it. Ivy was good enough for an entire team. I named it Rainbow, as I had heard about its rainbow of evolutions.Eventually, I was summoned to the Gym to talk with Erika.

She gave me an update on the situation with Team Rocket, and told me that she was having a fight with her advisors over who should lead the charge to finish them off: Erika or I. This was to be decided by a battle, I needed the badge anyways. She sent out a Victrebell, and I called on Ivy. Rainbow nudged my leg urgently, wanting me to use it. I thought back to Dawn, and decided not to risk it. Victrebel put up a fight, but it was no match for Ivy. Then Tangela came out. It was obviously far weaker than I had expected, and I decided to give Rainbow the fight it wanted. Ivy hit it hard with a Quick Attack, but Tangela shrugged it off, and Erika smirked sinisterly. She ordered it to use Poisinpowder, sentancing Rainbow to death.

I screamed out, asking why she would do that. She coldly replied that I should be ready to accept death if I were to lead the charge. I called Rainbow back, giving it the best chance of survival possible. Tangela hit the ground hard, dead. Erika looked stricken; it was harder watching a death than causing one. It must have been harder to watch her first Pokemon, Vileplume, hit the ground harder.

To be continued...

Continuing tomorrow with the battle with Giovanni.
Will Rainbow survive?
Find out tomorrow...

BTW, added more to the plotlime, it's another seven chapters to go.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Much better than previous chapters, this one was excellent. You battle scenes do leave something to be desired though they lack depth or feeling. Irealize they`ll be updated when you come back but they are a bit flat.

The battles go like this:
Ivy used Sleed powder, Foe fell asleep
Ivy used cut
Foe is still sleeping
Ivy used cut. Foe fainted!

My battles suck, because the game battles suck.
Once I train more Pokemon, and battles stop being won so easily, the battles will improve. I currently have an entire chapter planned dedicated to a single battle, and that will resemble what a chapter will look like Post-power edit. Until then, the Giovanni fight is next, and it will probably make up the entire second half of the chapter.

The Erika fight was originally three paragraphs longer, with detailed descriptions and dialogue, but I had to leave abruptly.

EDIT: I meant to do this earlier.
Alive:
Ivy (Venusaur): Lv. 39
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip
-Cut
Dying:
Rainbow (Eevee): Lv. 25
-Quick Attack
-Sand Attack
-Odur Sleuth
-Helping Hand
Dead:
Dawn (Rattata): Lv. 5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)