B&W Research Thread

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
This was a test, right? Because I can confirm this is not true on Pokemon Online.
Yes, it was an in game test.

Edit: I think someone already tested it but because I felt like it, I went and tried the Herbivore and Bullet Seed thing myself. It only activates once.

has anyone tested whether or not life gamble will fail to KO your opponent if you have more HP than them and they are holding a focus sash? Also, does it go through subs?

has anyone tested whether or not life gamble will fail to KO your opponent if you have more HP than them and they are holding a focus sash? Also, does it go through subs?
Sturdy and Focus Sash both fail on Life Gamble. Just tested it, and Magnezone's Sturdy activated against my Victini's Life Gamble.

Also, apparently Magnet Rise lasts a finite number of turns. I don't know whether it functioned that way in Gen 4 or not.

Sturdy and Focus Sash both fail on Life Gamble. Just tested it, and Magnezone's Sturdy activated against my Victini's Life Gamble.

Also, apparently Magnet Rise lasts a finite number of turns. I don't know whether it functioned that way in Gen 4 or not.
so that means that magnezone was not KOed? i'm confused

breh

強いだね
say you get something to -6 in all stats.

You BP to something with a white herb; what happens to all of the negative drops? is only one countered? (if so, in which order? random order?) Are all of them negated?

EDIT: Okay, cool.

Note to self, try out gorebyss shell break/white herb/BP... >:)

say you get something to -6 in all stats.

You BP to something with a white herb; what happens to all of the negative drops? is only one countered? (if so, in which order? random order?) Are all of them negated?
White Herb removes all stat drops when it activates. So yes, you now have +0 in all stats.

Did someone tested Analyse?
How much it boosts the power of the moves?

I know this is a low priority question (because it's exclusive to Dream World and no poke holding this ability has been found yet), but still...

Did someone tested Analyse?
How much it boosts the power of the moves?

I know this is a low priority question (because it's exclusive to Dream World and no poke holding this ability has been found yet), but still...
Staryu's been released.

Also I was messing around with my Jigglypuff from DW. Serebii also mistranslated its ability lol. It's Friend Guard, not card. (furendo gaado, not kaado)

My level 17 Jigglypuff + my level 15 Tabunne vs level 10 Shimama. Its Quick Attack hit Tabunne for 4 damage while Jigglypuff was in play. I switch out Jigglypuff and it hits me with Quick Attack for 5 damage twice. I would test more, but I gotta go to school haha. From what I can see right now, it doesn't significantly reduce damage dealt to your teammate by the opponent. Or if it does, it's a minimal reduction (but I still think the 5 damage -> 4 is just RNG). When I come back from school, I'll try to hit my teammate with Jigglypuff and see if that's reduced.

Staryu's been released.

Also I was messing around with my Jigglypuff from DW. Serebii also mistranslated its ability lol. It's Friend Guard, not card. (furendo gaado, not kaado)

My level 17 Jigglypuff + my level 15 Tabunne vs level 10 Shimama. Its Quick Attack hit Tabunne for 4 damage while Jigglypuff was in play. I switch out Jigglypuff and it hits me with Quick Attack for 5 damage twice. I would test more, but I gotta go to school haha. From what I can see right now, it doesn't significantly reduce damage dealt to your teammate by the opponent. Or if it does, it's a minimal reduction (but I still think the 5 damage -> 4 is just RNG). When I come back from school, I'll try to hit my teammate with Jigglypuff and see if that's reduced.
Try using higher leveled Pokemon so the difference in damage will be noticeable.

Staryu's been released.

The translation of the move describition isn't that clear on what the move does. Check if it reduces the damage jigglipuff recieves from its teamates.

"Lowers the damage recieved by a teamate."

I'm not sure what testing has been done with Eccentric Ditto, but I was just wondering whether I was right or not in assuming that baton-passing Eccentric Ditto anything useless. For example, if Blaziken passes a speed boost to Ditto, the transformed Ditto will be an exact copy of the opponent and not an exact copy of the opponent with +1 speed (the same reason quick powder was useless last generation).

Alright more testing with Friend Guard.

My lvl 20 Jigglypuff + lvl 21 ice cream cone vs lvl 27 wild ice cream cone.

Wild ice cream's Mirror Shot did 31 then 30 damage to my ice cream. I switch out puff, Mirror Shot does 38, then 40 damage. I switch puff back in, and the fifth Mirror Shot does 31 damage.

Friend Guard appears to take off about a quarter of the damage.

I'm not sure what would be a good way of testing whether it affects the user itself besides finding something with identical attacking stats using the same move though, and I'm not sure I have anything that fits the bill. Anyone have any suggestions?

Quick question. Saw on front page that the Nature and Ability are no longer determined before you pick up the egg.

Did someone verify if the nature, ability and IV's are determined separately after picking up the egg? Or are they all determined at the same time upon picking up the egg?

With the grand question, is it possible to hatch an egg to a point where you take one step to determine nature and ability, and then save. And then pinpoint the next step to where you need to reset for the IV's.

Cause that'd be wonderful. I can test this if no one else knows yet.

Alright more testing with Friend Guard.

My lvl 20 Jigglypuff + lvl 21 ice cream cone vs lvl 27 wild ice cream cone.

Wild ice cream's Mirror Shot did 31 then 30 damage to my ice cream. I switch out puff, Mirror Shot does 38, then 40 damage. I switch puff back in, and the fifth Mirror Shot does 31 damage.

Friend Guard appears to take off about a quarter of the damage.

I'm not sure what would be a good way of testing whether it affects the user itself besides finding something with identical attacking stats using the same move though, and I'm not sure I have anything that fits the bill. Anyone have any suggestions?
if you are using pokésav:

1. use your own teamate to attack jiglipuff.
2. change ability
3. make the same teamate attack jigglipuff again
4. compare results

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Markus, that's all been looked into in the RNG Research thread. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Question:
It is well known Defog when used clears away all hazards on your opponents side of the field. However when used against Magic Coat or Magic Mirror does the reflected attack clear all hazards from your own side of the field?

breh

強いだね
does a bug bitten / plucked berry activate on the holder if the user is at sufficiently low health / if jaboca berry / if tanga berry (coba berry if pluck) / if enigma berry?

what happens when a pokemon who gets confused by a figy (or other) berry gets its berry stolen: does the attacker get confused when it eats it, even if it would not be confused if it held it?

Do the HG/SS Poké Balls have a special opening animation or do they still have the regular Poké Ball animation?
Are contest stats still in the string of data that makes up each Pokémon, so if you bring a max Beauty Milotic, the game will still silently know that it has max beauty, even if it isn't shown or utilized in the game at all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)