Jan 25th, 2011, 10:32:24 PM
Points out the obvious
Join Date: Mar 2010
A country full of spiders
Obligatory daily Update. This one takes me from the Nugget Bridge to Route 6.
A summary of what's happened
- Picked off at Cerulean City.
- Went up the notorious Nugget Bridge, where Stingers dies to the fifth member's Mankey...Enter Sparrow, who avenges Stingers death, pecking Mankey into oblivion.
- Got a Nugget from a team Rocket member!
- Caught Worm the Caterpie on Route 24, who was boxed immediately.
- Caught Root the Oddish on Route 25, who stayed on the team as a back up for RootOfEvil.
- Eventually found a house where a err...Clefairy resided. I helped the Pokemon out & got a Ticket.
- Then went into the Cerulean Gym, beat the minor trainer with ease & confronted Misty, who wasn't feeling confident after Texas beat him with a Fire Type...
- I lead out with RootOfEvil & decimated her team with it, following a simple strategy: Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, ATTACK!!! It was such an effective strategy that not even a Critical Hit Swift from Starmie was enough to cause any troubles. I got the Cascade Bade & the TM for water Pule & moved on.
- I found a digging thief & stopped him in his tracks, despite a close scare for Rock Pile.
- Caught Ninth Life the Meowth on Route 5, & boxed him, planning to use him as a HM Slave.
- On Route 6 at the moment.
Pokemon (Current Party)
Sparrow (Female Spearow) @ Nothing
Comments: Has replaced Flapper as recommended, doing a fine job, but appears to be a weak link in the side at the moment.
Root (Female Oddish) @ Nothing
Comments: Serving as back up to RootOfEvil, she's doing a good job with a recovery move & Stun Spore. A worthy back up.
Rock Pile (Female Geodude) @ Nothing
Comments: Rock Pile, like RootOfEvil, is a very powerful member & is critical to my success in this Nuzlocke. Had a few scares, but is doing fine.
RootOfEvil (Male Ivysaur) @ Nothing
Comments: The starter & the undisputed leader of the team, always willing to help his team mates when they're near death. RootOfEvil will be critical to my success in this Nuzlocke. Too strong against Misty, takes Critical hit Swifts like a champ.
Worm (Male Caterpie) @ Nothing
Comments: Boxed because it's pathetic. What else?
Flapper (Female Pidgey) @ Nothing
Comments: Flapper has been boxed in favour of Sparrow, is a back up in case Sparrow bites the dust.
Ninth Life (Male Meowth) @ Nothing
Comments: Boxed because it's useless, will be used as an effective HM Slave though.
Joey (Female Rattata) @ Nothing
Lv:9/Modest (Bah...)/Run Away
Comments: First casualty as expected. No-one on the team really liked her anyway. Caught on Route 22 when I really wanted a Nidoran, Joey was weak, & useless. Weak enough to be killed by a Lv14 Spearow. RIP.
Stingers (Male Beedrill) @ Nothing
Comments: Stingers was a useful member early game, with a powerful Fury Attack, he was a great member. Sadly, he fell on the Nugget Bridge to a random crit from a Lv18 Mankey's Fury Swipes. He will sorely be missed. RIP.
That's all for today's update. Stay tuned for more Nuzlockiness.